HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
I'd rather he doesn't fight as much, he's too valuable to the team to spend 5 mins in the box.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:01 AM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I'd rather he doesn't fight as much, he's too valuable to the team to spend 5 mins in the box.
*shrug* but if he makes it to the Avs that gritty side will serve him very well, the same way Trolver's helped him carve out a role for himself.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
chet1926

It appears that Joseph Blandisi has been traded to the Ottawa 67s for Cody Ceci. A few others were involved in the trade but those were the biggest names. Ceci was a 1st rd pick by the Sens, I don't read much into trades usually but obviously Blandisi our 6th rd pick showed something to someone to be traded for a 1st rd NHL pick in Ceci.

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.attackhockey.com/article/...ceci-and-janes

Old
01-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Very interesting news but I feel like Middleton was definitely the main piece in this deal for the '67s. High pick in the OHL draft, big dman with skills and will be around for a while longer while I believe Ceci will be AHL eligible next season? Dec 21 bday vs Dec 31 AHL cutoff if the date hasn't changed in more recent years. Still, interesting news nonetheless.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Very interesting news but I feel like Middleton was definitely the main piece in this deal for the '67s. High pick in the OHL draft, big dman with skills and will be around for a while longer while I believe Ceci will be AHL eligible next season? Dec 21 bday vs Dec 31 AHL cutoff if the date hasn't changed in more recent years. Still, interesting news nonetheless.
Agreed. One team going all in and one building for next season. Blandisi could do some serious damage with Monahan.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
It appears that Joseph Blandisi has been traded to the Ottawa 67s for Cody Ceci. A few others were involved in the trade but those were the biggest names. Ceci was a 1st rd pick by the Sens, I don't read much into trades usually but obviously Blandisi our 6th rd pick showed something to someone to be traded for a 1st rd NHL pick in Ceci.

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.attackhockey.com/article/...ceci-and-janes
Very interesting.. I have yet to see Monahan in anything but the super series, but Blandisi has always been the most dangerous forward when facing Owen Sound. Their styles should mesh well as far as I know, and this could be a very positive move for Blandisi

Old
01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Solid deal for Ottawa, they get Middleton, who should be a great player and Blandisi too, who should get more ice time on a young 67s team and help their rebuild. Also I wouldn't be shocked if he becomes captain down the road.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:06 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
For everyone in Canada, Duncan Siemens and the Saskatoon Blades are going to be playing the Red Deer Rebels this Friday and it will be shown on Sportsnet for their CHL game of the week.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:18 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Quote:
TB 1st rounder, defenceman Slater Koekkoek, has been traded from Peterborough to Windsor for COL prospect Michael Clarke and draft picks.
All of our smallish Canadian centers are getting traded for high end defensemen.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:40 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post

All of our smallish Canadian centers are getting traded for high end defensemen.
clearly this means that as soon as Hishon makes the big leagues we'll trade him for Brent Seabrook

Old
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

Wow, I like Clarke and he is a pretty good prospect if he can find some consistency, but Pete's totally got **** on this deal.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:31 AM
GeoffL19

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Wow, I like Clarke and he is a pretty good prospect if he can find some consistency, but Pete's totally got **** on this deal.
I think the Petes are hoping for a Watson-type thing here with Clarke. They have a pretty weak forward group and he'll get a ton more minutes and responsibilities and hopefully elevate him to the next level in his development and we can see that Henrique comparison start to shape up more.

Besides, the Petes are awful this year so they're going to be sellers this deadline, that's why they got rid of him, but I agree they could have gotten at LOT more for their best player.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:23 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Quote:
For everyone in Canada, Duncan Siemens and the Saskatoon Blades are going to be playing the Red Deer Rebels this Friday and it will be shown on Sportsnet for their CHL game of the week.
Good ,thank for letting us know plus the Blades made alot of trade yesterday

Old
01-11-2013, 06:24 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

The game is on NHL network for US viewers.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:18 PM
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Great game from Patterson tonight with 50 saves in a 2-1 win against Arizona.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:28 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
Great game from Patterson tonight with 50 saves in a 2-1 win against Arizona.
50 saves wow nice , 1st star

Old
01-15-2013, 04:37 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Sounds like Avs VP of Player Development Craig Billington will be in Saskatoon this week to watch Duncan Siemens. He's in Kamloops right now watching Colin Smith.

Source: "Wouldn't be shocked to see the #Avs sign Colin Smith sooner rather than later. They really really like him."

Old
01-15-2013, 04:43 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Sounds like Avs VP of Player Development Craig Billington will be in Saskatoon this week to watch Duncan Siemens. He's in Kamloops right now watching Colin Smith.

Source: "Wouldn't be shocked to see the #Avs sign Colin Smith sooner rather than later. They really really like him."
Good news I have a good feeling about Smith.

While they are at it they should lock up Meurs.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:32 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Hey RS, does Billington practice with Siemens at all (Like Patrice did with Thrower and Dietz)????

I can see Avs signing Smith in the offseason, but I can see the Avs send him for his 20th year. No need to rush a prospect like him.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:17 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Hey RS, does Billington practice with Siemens at all (Like Patrice did with Thrower and Dietz)????

I can see Avs signing Smith in the offseason, but I can see the Avs send him for his 20th year. No need to rush a prospect like him.
I see no reason to keep Smith in the WHL next year. He has proven about all you can against that level of competition. It will be time for him to step up to the AHL and to see what he can do on a higher level. Though Lake Erie is going to be packed with centers and defensive prospects.

For Centers there will be: Sgarbossa, Malone, Hishon (if he stays healthy), Heard, Smith, Carey, and Connolly. Now Carey, Connolly, Hishon and somebody else will probably have to end up on the wing competing with Agozzino (assuming the Avs sign him before somebody else) for top 6 minutes.

Defense will have Siemens, Elliott, Barrie (assuming he doesn't stick with the Avs), Beaupre, Gaunce, Lauridsen (assuming the Avs sign him before somebody else), and likely Stollery.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Pierre LeBrun says that JC Lipon can be signed as a free agent since he went through two drafts.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:

No, he will just watch the Blades play on Fri/Sat, not go on the ice.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:54 PM
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I see no reason to keep Smith in the WHL next year. He has proven about all you can against that level of competition. It will be time for him to step up to the AHL and to see what he can do on a higher level. Though Lake Erie is going to be packed with centers and defensive prospects.

For Centers there will be: Sgarbossa, Malone, Hishon (if he stays healthy), Heard, Smith, Carey, and Connolly. Now Carey, Connolly, Hishon and somebody else will probably have to end up on the wing competing with Agozzino (assuming the Avs sign him before somebody else) for top 6 minutes.

Defense will have Siemens, Elliott, Barrie (assuming he doesn't stick with the Avs), Beaupre, Gaunce, Lauridsen (assuming the Avs sign him before somebody else), and likely Stollery.
Possibly Donnelly also however he missed quite a bit of time so they might keep him in the Q for his overage year to work on some things. I would prefer he does like Beaupre though which is start the year with Denver and move up to LEM with injuries.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:58 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post

Actually big reason, the kid's physicality is that of a grass versus a lawnmower.

Again there is no reason to rush him at all.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:39 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Actually big reason, the kid's physicality is that of a grass versus a lawnmower.

Again there is no reason to rush him at all.
While I totally agree that his physicality is severely lacking, Smith will just never be that sort of player. He won't ever be able to play that sort of game. Bring him up to the AHL to see if he can get used to the higher level of physical play. If it is obvious after 15-20 games that he can't take it, you can always send him back down the the WHL or to the Cutthroats.

Closed Thread