HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 06:29 PM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Rough start for Bridgeport. Down 2-0 with 5 min to go in first. Being outshot 11-3. Nilsson has looked very good despite giving up 2 goals. (a 2-on-1 and a Ty Wishart giveaway)

Blah... make that 3-0 (McIver and Ness)

Old
01-11-2013, 07:56 PM
InformTheMasses

Yikes, Hard time finding highlights in this one guys.... Trailing 5-0 in the 3rd period. A fight between McIver and Robbins in the first period was posted..... I'll post any Sound Tigers goals as they happen.... if they should ever happen.

EDIT: YEY Shutout Broken... Hamonic scores. To be posted on youtube momentarily....

Old
01-11-2013, 07:59 PM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Yikes, Hard time finding highlights in this one guys.... Trailing 5-0 in the 3rd period. A fight between McIver and Robbins in the first period was posted..... I'll post any Sound Tigers goals as they happen.... if they should ever happen.

YEY Shutout Broken... Hamonic scores. To be posted on youtube momentarily....
Wipeout.Nilssen han't been pulled

Old
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
InformTheMasses

Two More... Ness his first of the Year, followed by an Ulstrom goal... They are getting uploaded as well.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:12 PM
BillD

Comeback started. Now 3-5.
Ness and Ullstrom have scored following Hamonic. 5 minutes left.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:17 PM
InformTheMasses

Wow 5-4 1 goal game.. JOHAN Sundstrom

Old
01-11-2013, 08:18 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:

EDIT: YEY Shutout Broken... Hamonic scores. To be posted on youtube momentarily....
Thanks for the updates and the videos. Great work.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:21 PM
seafoam
#hewenttoharvard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Wow 5-4 1 goal game.. JOHAN Sundstrom
Wow, what a turn on events. I was here five minutes ago and we were getting blown out. ITM, is Nilsson still in net, or was he pulled?

Old
01-11-2013, 08:23 PM
InformTheMasses

Game Over Bridgeport Loses 5-4. Great comeback bid. Nilsson played in net the whole way.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:35 PM
InformTheMasses

Sorry didnt understand your question, in the middle of watching the game, posting, downloading and uploading. Nilsson got pulled with a little over a minute to go with the Sound Tigers down a goal. They did not score any goals with an extra skater, comeback happened before that point.

All Videos have been uploaded to Youtube.... Sundstroms goal is still processing, will be up soon.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYy...w?feature=mhee

Old
01-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Sorry didnt understand your question, in the middle of watching the game, posting, downloading and uploading. Nilsson got pulled with a little over a minute to go with the Sound Tigers down a goal. They did not score any goals with an extra skater, comeback happened before that point.

All Videos have been uploaded to Youtube.... Sundstroms goal is still processing, will be up soon.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYy...w?feature=mhee
Good stuff, Sundstrom's been hot, looking to watching that one.

Old
01-11-2013, 10:39 PM
InformTheMasses

I wish I could post every shift of Sundstroms. He's a very intelligent hockey player that does so many things well. He looks a lot older and stronger than a 20 year old.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
That said, it could be that after an entire draft of dmen, including Reinhart, Pokka and Pelech who have all been good, Kichton is no longer in the team's plans.
This could very well be possible.

Then again, they could just sign Kichton (he's not going to cost much at this juncture), see what he can do now (since the aforementioned players certainly will not be helping BPort any time soon) and then use him as a trading piece/throw in at a later juncture if they're not happy with his progress or prospects.

He is an 'asset' and I would hope our management sees him as such. If they don't see him being able to do much, I would hope they could somehow turn him into another asset, much like when they moved Niemi for a 6th rounder.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I wish I could post every shift of Sundstroms. He's a very intelligent hockey player that does so many things well. He looks a lot older and stronger than a 20 year old.
He's been a real gem since being drafted. He's already scored almost as much as I had expected for the whole season.

Funny how many of us, myself included, saw him get taken in the second round, looked at his exactly one point in 40 SEL games and wondered, "Like WTF? Who the heck is that?"

Old
01-12-2013, 08:57 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
He's been a real gem since being drafted. He's already scored almost as much as I had expected for the whole season.

Funny how many of us, myself included, saw him get taken in the second round, looked at his exactly one point in 40 SEL games and wondered, "Like WTF? Who the heck is that?"
Dude, the last sentence right there is EXACTLY what I was thinking. It just goes to show you, that while watching the draft, don't take your trusty draft guide as a bible, it's just a guide.

As excited I am with Nino's year, I'm just as excited about Sundstom. He's playing so incredibly well. What a great pick by the Isle's scouting staff, I really have to hand it to them. I'm so excited about Sundstrom, Niño and Nelson. Add in Ullstrom, Persson and Cizikas. Man we are stacked. Ummm, oh yeah, Strome too lol.

Sundstrom, besides having talent, seems like his hockey sense is through the roof, always seems to be at the right place all the time. Noticed that about Nelson too.

P.S. my votes for posters of the year go to Degeneration Rex and Informthemasses, for keeping us updated on all things Islander's Prospects related. Can't thank you guys enough.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:12 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Thanks for the updates and the videos. Great work.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'll continue to update the youtube page with prospect highlights daily as long as people are still interested and viewership grows. All of last nights stuff from AHL, OHL, WHL is up. This morning Im going to post a bunch of clips from Kirill Petrov from earlier in the season.

Tonight I will be out celebrating my oldest sons birthday, but will be home before the sound tigers game is over. I'll review and post any highlights ASAP, hopefully before the game ends.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:39 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Dude, the last sentence right there is EXACTLY what I was thinking. It just goes to show you, that while watching the draft, don't take your trusty draft guide as a bible, it's just a guide.

As excited I am with Nino's year, I'm just as excited about Sundstom. He's playing so incredibly well. What a great pick by the Isle's scouting staff, I really have to hand it to them. I'm so excited about Sundstrom, Niño and Nelson. Add in Ullstrom, Persson and Cizikas. Man we are stacked. Ummm, oh yeah, Strome too lol.

Sundstrom, besides having talent, seems like his hockey sense is through the roof, always seems to be at the right place all the time. Noticed that about Nelson too.

P.S. my votes for posters of the year go to Degeneration Rex and Informthemasses, for keeping us updated on all things Islander's Prospects related. Can't thank you guys enough.
Agree with all this, I including the posters of the year, especially tough during a lockout. Those two have given us reason to stay on the boards and keep hockey interesting.

And happy birthday to InformTheMassesJunior.

The isles certainly have a stacked group of prospects and will make for a great deal of options going forward. With revenue sharing, ability for teams to take back salary in player moves, moving to a new building, with on of the best centres in hockey and real leader, things are truly starting to fall into place.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:46 AM
msv957

Sundstrom looks like a big kid. He is listed at 6'2 195 lbs but looks bigger.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Sundstrom looks like a big kid. He is listed at 6'2 195 lbs but looks bigger.
My impression also. Looks to be closer to 6'4" standing next to Ullstrom and Persson who are both above 6'2".

Old
01-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Jester9881

Wha? Hextall jumps Hamonic after Cizikas scores a goal.... and they both get 4mins? Hamonic didn't even drop his gloves

Old
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
InformTheMasses

Things ran late at the Hibachi place. I'll upload any highlights as they happen between now and the end of the game. After the game I'll upload all goals/fights from earlier in the game.

5-3 Portland with 5 minutes left.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:45 PM
BillD

Game over. 6-3 loss.
They are giving up a ton of goals lately. Not good.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:50 PM
InformTheMasses

Didnt watch most of the game, but the defense is a joke, only going to get worse now that a bunch of guys will be showing up to camp tomorrow. Team will be unrecognizable tomorrow afternoon. I hope Nilsson got a lot of rest today.....He may face 60 shots+ tomorrow.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:38 PM
InformTheMasses

TOnights Sound Tigers are being processed and uploaded right now. All 3 goals, along with a great fight between Joel Rechlicz and Brett Gallant (they fought last week, this one was even better), and a big save by Poulin on a 2 on none breakaway.

Also Uploading Mitchell Theorets 2 points (Goal and Assist from tonights Barrie-Niagra Game. Theoret beat his old team, and played a big role. Nice to see.

Watching the Spokane game now, I'll upload if Kichton does anythin special.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Possible Fight of the Year

Closed Thread