HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 11:27 AM
bzur

vCash: 500
I'll be on this afternoon for a while.. Probably any time after 2. Send requests if you want to play! I may be playing something else, but I can switch over if you message me.

Your welcome for all the free waiver pickups everyone! Haha.. Couldn't trade guys, and my prospects aren't doing any growing while not playing.. Poor asset management for sure but whatever. Haha

Old
01-12-2013, 11:39 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful67 View Post
I think that every team has a different playing style. So depending on how fast you adapt to their playing will determine the outcome of every game. Although some games you just can't score or some games your goalie eats poo. It's just like real life NHL. In the first season I joined the league with 10 games left and made a push for playoffs I finished 8th. Second season I finished 2nd in conference. This season I'm sitting 4th in conference 4 points behind the capitals for 2nd but I have 5 games in hand I have no problems with EA screwing me over. Point is just depends on how you play against other teams sometimes you have to change your gameplay style. Same as defensively. I remember how every team plays so when I go into a game I know what to do. When I play the penguins it's always a high scoring game because we find ways to solve each others D. Anyways just adapt to to people's gaming styles when you play them.

Sim in 2 hours still at work..
I actually have different strategy sets that I use for a lot of you guys. Some teams I know I will frustrate by keeping their shots to the outside, but letting them shoot quite a bit. They get frustrated because based on shot total they should probably have a goal or 2, but I'll be 8 shots behind but still up by one. Then there are other teams where I try to use an aggressive front, because I know they are going to score on me regardless, so I know I am going to need to put up goals.

EA bites me from time to time. But it's generally in the sims. Hell the first season, about 2-3 months in I was sitting on top of the SE conference, and then I end up missing the playoffs by quite a bit from sim losses. Last season my goaltending was terrible. This year, at least it's looking like I'm fairly safe for a playoff spot.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
got games against Tampa Bay, Boston, LA Kings, Pittsburgh and Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHUK View Post
I think I must have missed you by about half an hour earlier damn it.

I will be on for a short while tonight around 6pm Edmonton time I think it will be. And then most of tomorrow so hopefully I can get all my games in for this section of the schedule.
we got a game again, I can play tonight or tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
I'll be on this afternoon for a while.. Probably any time after 2. Send requests if you want to play! I may be playing something else, but I can switch over if you message me.

Your welcome for all the free waiver pickups everyone! Haha.. Couldn't trade guys, and my prospects aren't doing any growing while not playing.. Poor asset management for sure but whatever. Haha
I sure will

Old
01-12-2013, 12:09 PM
tv14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHUK View Post
I think I must have missed you by about half an hour earlier damn it.

I will be on for a short while tonight around 6pm Edmonton time I think it will be. And then most of tomorrow so hopefully I can get all my games in for this section of the schedule.
I should be on sometime when you are. We have 2 games this sim.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Anyone have Burmistrov? He seems to be missing from the Ducks

Old
01-12-2013, 08:20 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Any goalies on the block?

Old
01-12-2013, 08:27 PM
TheLarsonator

vCash: 473
Wings are online and can play basically all night if anyone has games against me.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLarsonator View Post
Wings are online and can play basically all night if anyone has games against me.
I play:

ISLANDERS (x2)--CAPITALS--FLYERS--MAPLE LEAFS

I be on most of the night!

Old
01-12-2013, 11:04 PM
tv14

Never been so freaking mad at a game in my life before as I am right now. Honestly, I'd like to know all your guys' secrets. How do you score every shot? Yet I use the same moves. How do you never get penalties? Yet I get multiple per game. How do you guys cream my guys like nothing? Yet I can barely knock a guy off the puck when I'm going full speed? Why does my comp always take my guys out of position leaving you wide open.... I'm not talking to one guy in specific, cause this happens almost every game. Ugghhh. So frustrated.

Case and point. Lost to Florida 13-2 tonight. He scored 11 goals on his first 13 shots. Honestly feel like never playing this game again. If you guys are that much better than me, maybe I should just leave, but in my opinion based purely on skill, I match up decent against most of you.

Last edited by tv14: 01-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 11:47 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Never been so freaking mad at a game in my life before as I am right now. Honestly, I'd like to know all your guys' secrets. How do you score every shot? Yet I use the same moves. How do you never get penalties? Yet I get multiple per game. How do you guys cream my guys like nothing? Yet I can barely knock a guy off the puck when I'm going full speed? Why does my comp always take my guys out of position leaving you wide open.... I'm not talking to one guy in specific, cause this happens almost every game. Ugghhh. So frustrated.

Case and point. Lost to Florida 13-2 tonight. He scored 11 goals on his first 13 shots. Honestly feel like never playing this game again. If you guys are that much better than me, maybe I should just leave, but in my opinion based purely on skill, I match up decent against most of you.
Your first paragraph I'm thinking your preaching to the choir. The second I'm like I wish I played against you every game.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:12 AM
oilfan09

Quote:

Hey I know what you mean I had a game like that against either Florida or Colorado before. It happens just like in real NHL! Your goalie just ***** the bed sometimes!

Old
01-13-2013, 12:14 AM
oilfan09

PIT trade block

Looking to trade Elite goalie Fleury (85 OV) 4 white stars for NHL ready prospects (forwards and/or goalie)

Old
01-13-2013, 12:39 AM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Your first paragraph I'm thinking your preaching to the choir. The second I'm like I wish I played against you every game.
Im thinking you were onto something with your conspiracy theory on the last page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
Hey I know what you mean I had a game like that against either Florida or Colorado before. It happens just like in real NHL! Your goalie just ***** the bed sometimes!
If this happened to me one out of 10 games, fine whatever, but its becoming more and more common. I think I'm just cursed in this league.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:49 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
Looking to trade Elite goalie Fleury (85 OV) 4 white stars for NHL ready prospects (forwards and/or goalie)
I'd be interested...Take a look at my roster and shoot me an offer. I have lots of firsts this year as well.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:15 AM
Vyse64
N64

oh 12 game win streak feels so good, although I probably just jinxed myself

Old
01-13-2013, 01:51 AM
Vyse64
N64

and look i did jinxed myself

Old
01-13-2013, 07:00 AM
AlanHUK

Quote:
Im thinking you were onto something with your conspiracy theory on the last page.

If this happened to me one out of 10 games, fine whatever, but its becoming more and more common. I think I'm just cursed in this league.
the first 6 games I played this season I scored a total of 2 goals. and my goalie was just leaking them.

I've just started scoring and then 4 of my top 6 got injured.

When I was playing Vyse the other night I threw the puck out the CPU skated the player it was intended for away from it and 2 poke checks put the puck in slowly as Rask slid straight past it.

I uploaded the video but EA have managed to screw up something with a lot of accounts meaning I can't go in and find it to post the video here. It basically summed up my season in one play.

------------------------------------

Also Smyth 81 OA, Handzus 80 OA & P. Martin 86 OA available as rentals.

Looking for picks/prospects

Last edited by AlanHUK: 01-13-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 04:30 PM
bzur

Nope.

Last edited by bzur: 01-13-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 05:20 PM
tv14

Wow getting ravaged by injuries. Carlson, White, Grossman, Giroux. Just got Simmonds and Schenn back. Not helping my playoff chances.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Vyse64
N64

games I got this sim

Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, Vancouver, Washington, Pittsburgh, and Ottawa

Old
01-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Vyse64
N64

i'll be online tonight playing another game, invite or message me

Old
01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
CanuckCity

Quote:

That just sounds like you have no momentum. It is what makes your guys feel like they are sidney crosby, or like theyre john scott depending how much momentum you have. It also carries game to game based on a winning or losing streak.

Most of all though i think you need to change your strategies. Go into create an AI and build one based on how you play and the players you have. Then go into GM Connected and upload it. I know the feel when your D just like sprint up the ice and give the other team a breakaway. Change your neutral zone settings so its a notch or two to the left (blue) and that should help that.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Vyse64
N64

I'm online, going to be playing another game, msg or inv me to play

Old
01-14-2013, 10:12 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Got games against TB, Chicago and Phoenix. Will you guys be on tonight?

Old
01-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightedge View Post
got games against tb, chicago and phoenix. Will you guys be on tonight?
I have games against:

Carolina--Chicago--Boston--New Jersey

commissioner/panthers gm

Closed Thread