HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

Old
01-12-2013, 11:07 PM
durojean

vCash: 500
Leblanc should play on the first line of the bulldogs. There's absolutely no reason to think he doesn't have the talent to make it in the nhl as he didn't look out of place last year.

He should be a go to guy in Hamilton and be treated like it and i'd say this... Even if he plays bad. He's one of the best prospect we have in Hamilton he should be playing PP and PK.

I'm on the fire Lefevbre bandwagon too. He's an atrocious coach and the last thing the habs needed to develop prospects. We needed a Joel Bouchard or a Jean-Francois Houde or a Benoit Groulx or a Andre Tourigny... A coach as experience and that is proven to be good with the kids.

I didn't like the Lefevbre hiring at first and now I hate it.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Dharvey33

Lefebvre was a bad hockey player and now he is a bad hockey coach the bulldogs suck and yet he is still playing Blunden Chaput or even Lefebvre more than Leblanc what a ****in bald clown ( i have nothing against bald people just him). I bet he is also saying that even stephen hawkins with a stick would do less turnovers than beaulieu but then he would probably be right.

Bergevin i'll give him some time but i don't like the Price contract i don't like the Prust contract i don't like the Lefebvre hiring and i don't really love the Therrien hiring. Still think Boucher should have been our coach at least he is a crazy mother****er. Roy too would bring something new at least well i'll give Therrien a chance i still prefer him to Martin.

If he gives Subban 6 mil or more i'll not like it either.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Time to take it down a notch - seems like a few people are over-reacting

Leblanc has proven to be adaptable (5 leagues in 4 seasons) everywhere he's played. The kid is only 21 and has been successful in the USHL in Omaha, at Harvard, with Montreal Jr. in the Q, and with Hamilton and Montreal last season. He also represented Canada in the World Juniors in 2011. He's clearly a solid asset and top young talent for Mtl who's having a minor set-back this season after suffering an ankle injury.

The kid needs time to recuperate and Lefebvre has been limiting his ice time and role until he's healthy enough to assume a greater role. His ankle is obviously not 100% ready so he won't be competing for a spot in Montreal's training camp. He needs time to find his game and get back into the swing of things. I'm sure Montreal is monitoring the situation and they feel it's best that he stays down on the farm until he's ready.

Not sure why people are jumping on the fire Lefebvre bandwagon so quickly. The guy was brought in to work with a very young team. The Dogs weren't built to win the Calder Cup that's for sure. Just look at the ages of the guys they have on the team:

Gabriel Dumont 21
Brendan Gallagher 20
Mike Blunden 25
Nathan Beaulieu 19
Michael Bournival 20
Frederic St. Denis 26
Patrick Holland 20
Aaron Palushaj 22
Stephane Chaput24
Joonas Nattinen 21
Steve Quailer 23
Darryl Boyce 28
Morgan Ellis 20
Blake Geoffrion 24
Louis Leblanc 21
Jarred Tinordi 20
Alexander Avtsin 21
Antoine Corbin 20
Joey Tenute 29
Jason DeSantis 26
Joe Stejskal 24
Olivier Fortier 23
Mike Commodore 32
Kyle Hagel 27
Philippe Lefebvre 21
Greg Pateryn 22
Robert Mayer 22

Other than Commodore, who has spent any time in the 'show' that can put points up on the board in the AHL? Bergevin is giving our young guys solid ice time. Who cares if they have a losing record - if in the long run they will be ready for NHL action that much sooner. Don't forget that most of the AHL was stacked this year and a lot of that talent is heading up to the NHL now that the lockout has ended.

There's a lot of media in Montreal and far too often we see some rookie writer trying to cause a controversy by publishing crap like the Leblanc article listed.

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Hugo Sham

i'm pretty sure i heard during fist intermission of last dogs game on TVA that habs' brass had asked lefebvre to play certain players more - like Leblanc and Silvain refused, saying it was his team to coach

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Leblanc was a concensus top 15 pick in that draft, I had absolutely no problem in Timmins drafting him even if there was a lot of pressure because he was Quebecois, all I heard were good things from him.

What's really hindered his development is the lack of hockey he's played in the last 3 years. Spent a year in Harvard in a system not ideal for his development, then played with the brand new Montreal Junior with injury issues if I recall correctly. Then he played in Hamilton last year and did fairly well, but played very little when called up to Montreal, while still having injury issues.

Now on top of that, he's playing 3rd line minutes in the AHL with no PP and injured himself again. It's tough to reach your potential when you don't play quality minutes with a quality team and you're not healthy. His physical condition must be worked on too. He's play much better at centre too, but he's been converted to wing for some reason.

Despite that, I think he has very good upside, but a mixture of injury issues and mismanagement has hurt him considerably. His hockey IQ is high, has soft hands, good speed, a natural high compete level and good vision. One thing that's a knock on him is that while having great work ethic, I have the feeling that he's kind of a wuss and feels sorry for himself when he faces adversity. Lacks character.
Good point brah.

I think it's possible that the poor guy is overworked too. Trying to make the NHL while studying at Harvard must have been hard. If I'm not wrong, he's also taking online classes at McGill while playing for Hamilton.

Maybe the guy should think about pausing his studies to concentrate on his hockey career more. If he busts, he can always go back to school.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:16 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The elastic part has to be fabricated. WTF is that?
And what happens if it's true? That's ****ing unacceptable.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:21 PM
durojean

The players have a lot of ice time it's true but. I see Leblanc in our top 5 of our best prospect in Hamilton and right now he doesn't have the ice time to go with that ranking.

The way I see it.

Tinordi
Gallagher
Beaulieu
Leblanc

By the way a
Palushag Leblanc Gallagher

Should have been Hamilton top line right from the start.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:24 PM
yoyo999

This can't be real.

Have to love the timing of the article. If he's being treated this badly, this has obviously been going on over a long period, Why would they not report on his shabby treatment earlier? Don't tell me they had to much to report on. Why aren't other players complaining? They're just peeved that he wasn't invited to camp and now there's one less guy they can interview. Gabriel Dumont is not as marketeable as Leblanc and won't be on the team. That's all this is.

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:52 PM
DerektheHabsfan82

Where are Lapointe and Brisebois for this kind of problem? Isn't it their job to ensure that these kids play in a good environment?

I'm also worried about Bergevin. He decide to hire his friend as a coach and will now have a hard time firing him. Also if Habs tried to intervene and Lefebvre told them that he's the coach, he should be fired.

Hope though that this isn't true

DerektheHabsfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:09 AM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankc View Post
If any of this is true, I really wonder what are doing Brisebois & Lapointe... that would be the kind of situation they need to step up and talk with the kid and with the Habs management.
They are part of the bunch what do you think? You think it's going to make any difference in the way a bunch of sleeze balls use a player to have someone talk to Louis to tell him not to worry?

If there is any truth to this, Louis should just accept it and ask for a trade publicly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerektheHabsfan82 View Post
Where are Lapointe and Brisebois for this kind of problem? Isn't it their job to ensure that these kids play in a good environment?

I'm also worried about Bergevin. He decide to hire his friend as a coach and will now have a hard time firing him. Also if Habs tried to intervene and Lefebvre told them that he's the coach, he should be fired.

Hope though that this isn't true

Lapointe and Brisebois were hired by Bergevin, he is the Bulldogs GM. They're all on this...

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:53 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
If this is seriously the philosophy down in Hamilton, I'm worried for other prospects. Leblanc showed he could play at a high level last year, and yet he's playing 4th line minutes in the ****ing AHL and not being given a proper chance to develop? That's ********.

01-13-2013, 12:53 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Lefebvre might be a bad coach but I don't believe Filosa on this. The guy is looking for twitter follower à la Patrick Caisse

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:11 AM
PaulQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Lefebvre might be a bad coach but I don't believe Filosa on this. The guy is looking for twitter follower à la Patrick Caisse
So you think Filosa made it all up? really? lol

The source is obviously a teammate since the source said that "we" told him to stand up for himself and has first hand knowledge of what's going on on the ice during practice... Considering the timing, probably his friend Dumont... and one other that is with Montreal right now.... And Lefebvre told MTL management to screw themselves when told to play Leblanc more?! Wow! This guy is trouble!

PaulQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:17 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
So you think Filosa made it all up? really? lol

The source is obviously a teammate since the source said that "we" told him to stand up for himself and has first hand knowledge of what's going on on the ice during practice... Considering the timing, probably his friend Dumont... and one other that is with Montreal right now.... And Lefebvre told MTL management to screw themselves when told to play Leblanc more?! Wow! This guy is trouble!
Oh c'mon don't tell me you believe 100% of what you hear in the media.

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:27 AM
PaulQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Oh c'mon don't tell me you believe 100% of what you hear in the media. Of course Lefebre and the management plan is for our prospect to suck so they can be fired more quickly. make sense
no, but this one yes... Its easy to dismiss things but try to explain what's going on here... Filosa just invented a ridiculous story, with fake sources pretending to be his teammates? A story that can easily be refuted by Leblanc himself... Give us a probable scenario here of what happened regarding Filosa...

PaulQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:34 AM
NewHabsEra*

First word coming to my mind after reading this article is exageration! Maybe there are some truth in this article but I very doubt they are treating him badly, they just want to see more from the kid, they want to see him earn his ice time what he has failed to do so far this year.. Lefebvre doesnt care who has been drafted where or what your first language is, he rewards the guys who deserve their ice time.. I think Gallagher is doing fine and has earned his place at the camp.. I think Leblanc should sit with Lefebvre and Lapointe and have a good discussion on what they want him to work on and all, that he still is a good prospect but wont have it easy to the NHL as any other kids playing in the AHL..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I'm not saying that the article is 100% false- there may some be truth in it. Exaggerated a little, but possibly some truth.

What I do want to mention is that some of the blame lies on Louis himself. I've watched more Hamilton games this year than usual, and while I don't always agree with Lefebvre's style- Louis isn't dominant out there. He doesn't project star potential. If he hopes to be a regular NHL'er, he needs to show he can do that at a lower level. He only had a taste of the NHL because of the team's circumstances.

I'm tired of hearing the local media discuss how the potential star French player is being mistreated, when he isn't even playing up to his own potential. He can't sleep at night? I know I sleep pretty well after a hard day of work, maybe someone should suggest that to him.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:20 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Filosa was the guy that wrote about the delays to complete Stade Saputo. I remember every Impact fan dumping on him, even Joey Saputo. Yet he was right.

I'll say the story is true, only written in a sensationalist way. Lefebvre needs to get his **** together one way or another when it comes to his forwards management.

Also, I hope Bergevin is not a fan of hardliners who coach the old way. It will bomb IMO... :/

Anyway, we'll see.

At least I'm glad there's some more life on these boards. Vive le hockey.

Last edited by The Russian General: 01-13-2013 at 02:37 AM.
The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:26 AM
bib
#believe

He looks a mess

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Filosa was the guy that wrote about the delays to complete Stade Saputo. I remember every Impact fan dumping on him, even Joey Saputo. Yet he was right.

I'll say the story is true, only written in a sensationalist way. Lefebvre needs to get his **** together one way or another when it comes to his forwards management.

Also, I hope Bergevin is not a fan of hardliners who coach the old way. It will bomb... :/

We'll see.

At least in glad there's some more life on these boards. Vive le hockey.
That's the thing, Filosa is not the kind of guy to fabricate stories. Martin McGuire and Dany Dube keep everything in check, so I hope to hear from them regarding this story.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
He looks a mess

Looks depressed.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:41 AM

I'm not an expert or anything but the guy seems to have good beard genetics. He will bounce back IMO.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:42 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I knew it! I had heard ramblings that the Habs wanted to shape him into a defensive player. He must be sick of all of this, don't force someone to play in a matter that he's not comfortable to play in. With the Quebec Magor Junior League, the guy was fast and creative. Don't estinguish his flame damn azwhipes!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:00 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Jeremy Filosa is on dat dere cut

Old
01-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Just get the same guy who worked with Patches on his skating. It was terrible when he was first called up and he went back down and now has awesome skating. Whatever he did in Hamilton it worked.
That is so wrong I don't even know where to start. Pacioretty was a great skater when we drafted him. When he went to Hamilton it had absolutely nothing to do with his skating.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote