HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2013 Oilers Preview (Season Starts In Van on Jan. 20th)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 12:21 AM
  #626
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 500
So wait, no one is showing the Oil first game? WTH?

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:27 AM
  #627
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy
 
Mcnofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
So wait, no one is showing the Oil first game? WTH?
TSN, I believe?

Also, props to ghostnights

Mcnofool6110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:08 AM
  #628
McFuhryous
Registered User
 
McFuhryous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 50
...I just checked the Oilers' schedule on their website, and all it is showing for televised games so far are the games CBC and TSN are covering. Sportsnet will be picking up the rest, either on Sportsnet West or Sportsnet Oilers. I think last season Sportsnet covered every other game not covered by one of the national networks.

It's quite obvious TSN gets dibs on the Sunday-Friday games so once they get their broadcast schedule set with the powers that be, Sportsnet regional broadcasts will get the rest. So, seeing how the Flames play at 5:00 on the 20th and the Oilers game isn't until 7:00 and neither game is on TSN, I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say the game will be on Sportsnet Oilers.

I didn't check to see if anyone posted this or not, but the Canucks play the Ducks in Vancouver the night before. Hopefully the kids will be able to skate circles around them since most of the Canucks roster hasn't played a game since Game 5 last spring.

McFuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:36 AM
  #629
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Has Arrived
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,295
vCash: 50
Just saw an interesting tidbit from Bob McKenzie.

It only takes 6 pro games to burn a year off an ELC now.

That means there's only a 5 game try-out rather than the last CBA's 9.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:00 AM
  #630
Digger12
Gold Fever
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Back o' beyond
Posts: 16,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Just saw an interesting tidbit from Bob McKenzie.

It only takes 6 pro games to burn a year off an ELC now.

That means there's only a 5 game try-out rather than the last CBA's 9.
I'm pretty sure that's just for this season due to it being abbreviated.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:06 AM
  #631
MCDAVIDISH
Registered User
 
MCDAVIDISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 50
Any word on when Horcoff is coming back? Sheesh he sure seems eager to lead this team.....

MCDAVIDISH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:06 AM
  #632
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Has Arrived
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's just for this season due to it being abbreviated.
Good point. I didn't think of that.

Somehow I keep forgetting this is a shortened season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
Any word on when Horcoff is coming back? Sheesh he sure seems eager to lead this team.....
Check out the Oiler Arrival Thread.

Lots of Horcoff discussion in there.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:41 AM
  #633
RNH 93 rulz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I've been watching terrible AHL feeds for the past 3 months. That sounds great to be honest.
yes sir!

RNH 93 rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:00 AM
  #634
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lord of HFBOARDS
Country: United Nations
Posts: 68,618
vCash: 131
Just looked at the TSn schedule games--

big shock they are covering 10 Leaf games vs 6 oiles, canucks and jets

__________________
**Avatar approved by the powers that be***
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:32 PM
  #635
McJadeddog
Registered User
 
McJadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 13,581
vCash: 500
has anybody seen an official sportsnet schedule yet? the oilers website has the TSN and CBC games, but doesn't have the sportsnet games yet... i know that most of the rest will be covered by sportsnet, but there is usually 1 or 2 that aren't picked up for some reason, and i like knowing which games those are in advance

McJadeddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:03 PM
  #636
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Insta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,853
vCash: 500
I don't remember having 1 or 2 not picked up, they all get picked up and are shown on sportsnet or sportsnet oilers

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:09 PM
  #637
McJadeddog
Registered User
 
McJadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 13,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
I don't remember having 1 or 2 not picked up, they all get picked up and are shown on sportsnet or sportsnet oilers
actually, i think you're right now that i think about it... i kinda forgot about the sportsnet oilers channel... i think i'm thinking back a couple years to when that channel didn't exist yet

McJadeddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:11 PM
  #638
AimsforGenji
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
Any word on when Horcoff is coming back? Sheesh he sure seems eager to lead this team.....
Dear Leader is back, at least for an interview on the oilers website.

AimsforGenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
  #639
wreckless
Registered User
 
wreckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
ok so who do you guys want.. Lu or Schneider?

i'll make sure to tell AV to start whichever you guys don't want vs the ducks.

wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  #640
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
ok so who do you guys want.. Lu or Schneider?

i'll make sure to tell AV to start whichever you guys don't want vs the ducks.
Don't care. Just play Barker.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:52 PM
  #641
puckfan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Just looked at the TSn schedule games--

big shock they are covering 10 Leaf games vs 6 oiles, canucks and jets
Why would it be a big shock... They have the biggest TV market and probably the most fans of any team in Canada. Pretty expected and logical if you've ever watched hockey..

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:11 PM
  #642
Tirefire
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
9 game road trip

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebysea...F2013&team=EDM

Grueling 9 game roadie starting Feb 25 vs Chicago ending Mrch 12 vs Colorado. Going to make or break their season and still if in contention 3 games vs Anaheim and the Flames late in the season will also be critical. I checked the other Western Conference teams that the Oilers will be competing for a playoff spot with and only the Ducks seem to have anything close. Nobody yet has a schedule with a 9 game road trip but I haven't checked all 29 yet. This must be when the stupid rodeo is on.

Tirefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:20 PM
  #643
nabob
Connor & Looch
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Why would it be a big shock... They have the biggest TV market and probably the most fans of any team in Canada. Pretty expected and logical if you've ever watched hockey..
Both TSN and the Leaves are owned by the same company as well.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:22 PM
  #644
Jek McPorkins
Red Six
 
Jek McPorkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 12,433
vCash: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer8 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebysea...F2013&team=EDM

Grueling 9 game roadie starting Feb 25 vs Chicago ending Mrch 12 vs Colorado. Going to make or break their season and still if in contention 3 games vs Anaheim and the Flames late in the season will also be critical. I checked the other Western Conference teams that the Oilers will be competing for a playoff spot with and only the Ducks seem to have anything close. Nobody yet has a schedule with a 9 game road trip but I haven't checked all 29 yet. This must be when the stupid rodeo is on.
The Brier.

Jek McPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:42 PM
  #645
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,869
vCash: 500
so who is going to hawrelak at 4

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.