HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Old
01-13-2013, 03:05 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Luongo will be 34 April.

Luongo's contract is for 12 years, only 3 years less than Rick DiPietro's contract, takes him until he is 43 and gives him a full no trade clause. Lu has definitely been a great goalie but I don't think you have to be a crazy leafs fan to determine that his contract is ridiculous. Better, younger goalies, like Pekka Rinne get locked up by their teams for less term than that.

The decline question is fair as well considering his shaky, mentally weak playoff performances. He would probably rebound and do well with a fresh start but with that kind of term it's a big risk.
So you (the royal you, not you specifically IHZ) should trade for Pekka Rinne then. Oh, wait, he's not being traded. A bad playoff series, Chicago or Boston (arguably anyway) aren't fair as a sample size. What about Dallas, Anaheim, L.A. (twice), St. Louis, Nashville or San Jose? Those series he was good to amazing, and everyone seems to forget he's 7/10 in terms of taking over a series in Vancouver.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:17 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Only 7 mil per year? He must be winning multiple cups and Vezina's .

According to this theory, if Rinne gets 7 mil, then Schneiders 4mil is a huge steal therefore makes him worth at least 10 first rounders.

Only issue with that logic is that Rinne is a multiple time Vezina nominee and one of the top 3 goalies in the world. Schneider hasn't even been a starter yet.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:02 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Only issue with that logic is that Rinne is a multiple time Vezina nominee and one of the top 3 goalies in the world. Schneider hasn't even been a starter yet.
So Luongo like only 30% more expensive?

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
I find it ironic that fans of teams with zero starting goalies are the ones arguing against both Canucks star goalies value

Ronaldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:34 AM
DingoAteMyBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
This logic makes no sense. By this mindset, you could say Keith Ballard was a great defenseman because he won the presidents trophy and played in the finals.

Again, if you look at my posts I'm not knocking Schneider at all. But he is not even among the top 15 goalies in the league as of right now, although he has shown a lot and appears to have great potential.

Your pedigree or AHL awards mean nothing in the NHL trade market. Martin St. Louis doesn't have a great "pedigree" that doesn't mean he hasn't been one of the highest valued players in the league the last decade.
But Ballard is a great defensemen

DingoAteMyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:16 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
I find it ironic that fans of teams with zero starting goalies are the ones arguing against both Canucks star goalies value
What i find Ironic is your implied fallacy

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:27 PM
blendini

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
What i find Ironic is your implied fallacy
Which is the fallacy? That the fans commenting are from teams with questionable goal tending? Or, that Vancouver has very good goal tending?

Neither seems like a fallacy to me. At the moment, it seems quite factual.

Not getting your point...

blendini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:42 PM
VanTampaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Tampa:
Schneider

To Vancouver:
Lindback
Connolly
1st 2013
2nd 2015
I would lose my **** if SFY made that trade. Horrible proposal and it guts Tampas future. Tampa needs organizational depth more than anything or it won't matter.

VanTampaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:57 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendini View Post
Which is the fallacy? That the fans commenting are from teams with questionable goal tending? Or, that Vancouver has very good goal tending?

Neither seems like a fallacy to me. At the moment, it seems quite factual.

Not getting your point...
The implied fallacy is : Being a fan of a team with zero starting goalies have something to do with our knowledge of goalies value.

Its a basic Ad hominem

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote