HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

Old
01-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
But he's not been given a chance to get better!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember most pre-draft lists had him going near where he was actually drafted. It wasn't an off-the-board Mark Jankowski pick.
He was also a popular choice leading up to the draft on this board.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:56 AM
FF de Mars

Keep on the good work Louis. I'm a young writer and that's how it is at my publishing house, without the name calling... jeez... you will succeed in the NHL, I'm sure. I get inspiration from hockey players, but this is very sad. Leblanc should have a better role on the Bulldogs; and support from management. Unfortunally, it doesn't always go that way, especially with a new management team... GVML... viva Québécor... at least he's not waiting for an overdue check to pay rent, like me, you should see my landlord's face...

Last edited by FF de Mars: 01-13-2013 at 04:11 AM.
FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:49 AM
RC51

after reading the article I came away with the impression that the writer was trying to defend a " french prospect because he was french in an english team" they should give our boy a break and let him play all the 1st line time he wants. Sure he will get more points and look a lot better.
The second thought that came to me is that MB asked that all the prospects learn the habs way of playing hockey. Hard love right now to end up with the best chance to make the Habs in the future. Overall I am not sure what this is about, just an attempt to stirp up **** in the papers or the first quick look at what is going on behind the door in hamilton.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:54 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Well one thing's for sure. If his name were Lou White the article would be about how much of a disappointment he is.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:13 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
after reading the article I came away with the impression that the writer was trying to defend a " french prospect because he was french in an english team" they should give our boy a break and let him play all the 1st line time he wants. Sure he will get more points and look a lot better.
The second thought that came to me is that MB asked that all the prospects learn the habs way of playing hockey. Hard love right now to end up with the best chance to make the Habs in the future. Overall I am not sure what this is about, just an attempt to stirp up **** in the papers or the first quick look at what is going on behind the door in hamilton.
Pacioretty told them too that he needed top 6 minutes. Or to keep him in the AHL, which is fine. For Leblanc too. Just play him top 6 in the AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Well one thing's for sure. If his name were Lou White the article would be about how much of a disappointment he is.
Nice name. Fire Bergevin... I like Burkie too, but he's just been fired. You should cheer for the Leafs. Maybe they could hire Roy.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 01-13-2013 at 05:21 AM.
FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:38 AM
OneSharpMarble

I don't watch any Hamilton games so I can't comment on what the problem is but what the **** is going on down there? Are these coaches poisoning our youth? Are they all new hires from Bergevin?

I like to give a guy the benefit of the doubt so I wont jump on Bergevin so quick but I am not liking the way things are developing.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Does anybody truly believe this crap? Come on folks... think about it. The organization trying to destroy one of their prospects? Ri-di-cu-lous! Reporting ala Rejean Tremblay.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:41 AM
ChoseLa

After reading this i just imagine what kind of treatment Avtsyn is getting, no matter if
Louis is paranoiac or not Lefebvre needs to help him and not put him in such a situation.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:47 AM
The Right Price

I if would've been a coach in Hamilton I'd just would've said to Leblanc the following.

"Louis, you play like Scott Gomez on his worst days."

That should've done it.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I don't know who to feel for sorry for... the author of this garbage article unable to cite his "source" but quoting him, or the fans who actually believe that it's true.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:47 AM
BigHab*

Am I not correct to say that in late summer, after all the staff hirings had been finished, that Bergevin brought everyone together, both NHL and AHL staff, into one boardroom and together they discussed, planned and decided what type of team, style of play and system they wanted to see introduced. Was it not their decision, at that time, they would teach and train their prospects to play the same system they would be introducing to the big club? I understood that it was a group decision that their first priority for Hamilton was not winning the championship but producing players for the Montreal Canadiens.

I have followed the Habs long enough to know that this is not a new idea in Montreal. This is the way it was when Sam Pollock ran the team. The Nova Scotia Voyageurs were a mirror image of the Habs thus any player coming up to Montreal, whether he stayed a for a long period of time or just a short stint, easily fit in because he knew how to play in that system. When Carbo came to Montreal he, too, was groomed to play a certain way, a defensive centerman although he had been a prolific scorer in Junior. Let's not read too much into this folks. After all, this is Montreal and it is about the Habs and their prospects. We all know how much sensationalism sells in the land of Hab fans. The media does, too. Cheers.

BigHab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:05 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Am I not correct to say that in late summer, after all the staff hirings had been finished, that Bergevin brought everyone together, both NHL and AHL staff, into one boardroom and together they discussed, planned and decided what type of team, style of play and system they wanted to see introduced. Was it not their decision, at that time, they would teach and train their prospects to play the same system they would be introducing to the big club? I understood that it was a group decision that their first priority for Hamilton was not winning the championship but producing players for the Montreal Canadiens.

I have followed the Habs long enough to know that this is not a new idea in Montreal. This is the way it was when Sam Pollock ran the team. The Nova Scotia Voyageurs were a mirror image of the Habs thus any player coming up to Montreal, whether he stayed a for a long period of time or just a short stint, easily fit in because he knew how to play in that system. When Carbo came to Montreal he, too, was groomed to play a certain way, a defensive centerman although he had been a prolific scorer in Junior. Let's not read too much into this folks. After all, this is Montreal and it is about the Habs and their prospects. We all know how much sensationalism sells in the land of Hab fans. The media does, too. Cheers.
I call BS here. If you are being groomed to be a stud shutdown forward like Carbo, you get 18 minutes per game in Hamilton playing against the top line of the other teams and top-2 pairs of forwards on the PK.

Oh, and I do believe the elastic story. I think it was reported previously. The part about always picking specfically on LL and yelling at him might be exaggerated; this might be their communication style.

Overall, unless he is a step or two slower after the ankle injury, his ice time makes no sense from a development point of view, which we are told is what is being stressed. Leblanc should be among the top 5 prospects if not top 3 on the team.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Okay, so either Bergevin, Dudley, Carrière and Co are total idiots, either the news is totally fabricated or partially.....Why the hell would this new organization who seems totally involve in the development of their players, decides to suddenly wreck it? They've hired tons of people to make sure the development is adequate. Yet, they'll destroy it with some stupid coaching? And if everything is true, and that Bergevin and Co didn't know about this Leblanc treatment, well expect a bunch of firing soon. If not....why the heck would Bergevin endorse it?

And what if we were wrong? What if Leblanc was just.....not so good to begin with? Not so NHL prospect? But then, like somebody said, Kreider who I loved very much is also having an off year in the AHL so....can't wait to hear Habs response to it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:07 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post

I am afraid Lefebvre may not be intelligent enough to understand what is being asked of him. If it is true that he told Leblanc that because he will be a 3rd liner in the NHL that he needs to learn how to play as a 3rd liner in the AHL........then he is a bonified moron and should be fired immediately.

I am taking this article with a grain of salt as it may just be a writers personal agenda at play here but, where there is smoke.........

Old
01-13-2013, 07:11 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

I'm not suggesting Leblanc has an ego problem but Habs sure seem to have a disproportionate amount of prospects with their heads in the clouds. Even Pacioretty sounded off on how he was supposed to be 'handled' in his rookie year. Lucky for him his talent matched his ego.

Prospect development camp could sure use some Tyler Durden tough love classes; all these special snowflakes...

Old
01-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Worst part of the article, which in the doesn't help it, is trying to link not inviting to camp as screwing his development....Seriously? He wasn't invited to camp so it's a slap in the face? Have they checked the lineup how full it is? And based on merit, Gallagher and Dumont deserved to be there and Dumont might even have a legit chance, if moves are made, to make the team. Would Leblanc, his play and stats deserve to be there? Geez, Filosa would have made the same article for St-Denis, saying that he should have been there, and he would have had a case.

Strange how Gallagher seems to develop though....Strange how Tinordi seems to develop as well. Strange that the guys who struggle are actually the guys we thought would struggle like Beaulieu. For Leblanc, he was hurt, it affects him. Yet, on every game I saw him, he was totally ineffective. He doesn't deserve ****. Yet, if he is treated that way, it is totally stupid and coaches should be talked in return.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:18 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I am afraid Lefebvre may not be intelligent enough to understand what is being asked of him. If it is true that he told Leblanc that because he will be a 3rd liner in the NHL that he needs to learn how to play as a 3rd liner in the AHL........then he is a bonified moron and should be fired immediately.

I am taking this article with a grain of salt as it may just be a writers personal agenda at play here but, where there is smoke.........
He probably is mis-using him. What of it? Life gives you lemons...

Why would Lefebvre shoot himself in the foot by not utilizing one of his best forwards in key situations? What does he have to gain from losing hockey games? We'll see how deep this rabbit hole goes when NHL calibre goalies & dmen get recalled

Old
01-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay, so either Bergevin, Dudley, Carrière and Co are total idiots, either the news is totally fabricated or partially.....Why the hell would this new organization who seems totally involve in the development of their players, decides to suddenly wreck it? They've hired tons of people to make sure the development is adequate. Yet, they'll destroy it with some stupid coaching? And if everything is true, and that Bergevin and Co didn't know about this Leblanc treatment, well expect a bunch of firing soon. If not....why the heck would Bergevin endorse it?

And what if we were wrong? What if Leblanc was just.....not so good to begin with? Not so NHL prospect? But then, like somebody said, Kreider who I loved very much is also having an off year in the AHL so....can't wait to hear Habs response to it.
They may very well believe that this is the best way to develop Leblanc. If this is the case we are in for another Rejean Houle era.

Leblanc is a strange bird and it sounds like they are taking the wrong approach with him. None of Bergevin, Lefebvre, Therrien or Lapointe ever struck me as being very bright which is very worrisome. Seems like a gang of jocks and simpletons who can't think outside of the box and force others to conform to their ideas as opposed to a more analytical and evolving approach.

I admit that this is entirely speculative from my point of view but it is something that has been in the back of my head for a while with this group. This is just the first sign of confirmation that I have observed. Hopefully I am way off base and everything turns out well........

Old
01-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
They may very well believe that this is the best way to develop Leblanc. If this is the case we are in for another Rejean Houle era.

Leblanc is a strange bird and it sounds like they are taking the wrong approach with him. None of Bergevin, Lefebvre, Therrien or Lapointe ever struck me as being very bright which is very worrisome. Seems like a gang of jocks and simpletons who can't think outside of the box and force others to conform to their ideas as opposed to a more analytical and evolving approach.

I admit that this is entirely speculative from my point of view but it is something that has been in the back of my head for a while with this group. This is just the first sign of confirmation that I have observed. Hopefully I am way off base and everything turns out well........
Come on EP. Most people in the business respect Bergevin a whole lot. You don't gain that if you're a total idiot. We will see if Bergevin made the right choice with Lefebvre, I thought it was a good move based on the fact that our most brillant prospects are on D, which is great to have ex-NHL'ers to talk about their experience. But the era of Scotty Bowman is done and over with. Everybody knows it works with good and positive communication. If Bergevin just learned what kind of guy Lefebvre really is...well I am expecting a firing in the upcoming days. I know that my candidate would not have worked that way if it is indeed true.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:33 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I doubt this is true. If any of it is then I am 100% sure Bergevin will get rid of the morons responsible for this. Leblanc is having a bad year because of a serious injury he is having a hard time recovering from.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:35 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

this morning on tsn690 they said that there was a lot of rumors of him being moved, but they did not said anything specific.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Come on EP. Most people in the business respect Bergevin a whole lot. You don't gain that if you're a total idiot. We will see if Bergevin made the right choice with Lefebvre, I thought it was a good move based on the fact that our most brillant prospects are on D, which is great to have ex-NHL'ers to talk about their experience. But the era of Scotty Bowman is done and over with. Everybody knows it works with good and positive communication. If Bergevin just learned what kind of guy Lefebvre really is...well I am expecting a firing in the upcoming days. I know that my candidate would not have worked that way if it is indeed true.
I hear what you are saying but I don't pay much attention to what NHL people say about their buddies. It has been proven far too many times in the past that just because people hold GM positions etc.it doesn't mean that they are competent. There aren't any degrees in hockey and no formal education, a person's qualifications are extremely subjective in these cases.

Like I said, I can't back up my opinion as I don't have any proof but my dummy radar has went off for each of these individuals. I have a pretty good success rate at picking out simpleton's but I am wrong often enough to know better than to come to any conclusions at this point.

I really hope my instincts are wrong this time and they wow me with their brilliance!

Old
01-13-2013, 07:40 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
He was also a popular choice leading up to the draft on this board.
Considering our top line guys with the Bulldogs all have about 20 points is 36 games the difference between the first line and the third line is largely inexistant! TheBulldogs are in shambles, the coaching staff should have a serious look at themselves. If anything they should be worried about their job.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Roulin

A couple of thoughts:

- The article reads like the sources are friends or family of Leblanc. Reminds me of Greg Jennings' sister's twitter last week, where she bashed Aaron Rodgers for not giving her brother enough targets. Good friends and family can have tons of faith, and can get emotional.

- IMO Jeremy Filosa has been a relatively responsible reporter in the past. Especially compared to some others at 98.5. He has been the voice of reason on a few shows that I've listened to, and I generally get the impression that he has a good head on his shoulders.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:42 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Worst part of the article, which in the doesn't help it, is trying to link not inviting to camp as screwing his development....Seriously? He wasn't invited to camp so it's a slap in the face? Have they checked the lineup how full it is? And based on merit, Gallagher and Dumont deserved to be there and Dumont might even have a legit chance, if moves are made, to make the team. Would Leblanc, his play and stats deserve to be there? Geez, Filosa would have made the same article for St-Denis, saying that he should have been there, and he would have had a case.

Strange how Gallagher seems to develop though....Strange how Tinordi seems to develop as well. Strange that the guys who struggle are actually the guys we thought would struggle like Beaulieu. For Leblanc, he was hurt, it affects him. Yet, on every game I saw him, he was totally ineffective. He doesn't deserve ****. Yet, if he is treated that way, it is totally stupid and coaches should be talked in return.
20 points is 36 games in the AHL gives you a crack in the NHL? The whole team sucks down there. Very few deserve a chance, even those that did.