HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

UPDATE: Coyotes Looking For 2nd Line Center. Rumored To Be Toronto's Matt Lombardi

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 11:07 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I feel like getting flamed this morning:

Hossa + Hjalmarsson

for Yandle + Vermette

Hawks give up the best player here to solve two problems- upgrade on defense and fill the 2C spot with a real center. Coyotes get Hossa to provide offense, but also fits in quite nicely with the Coyote's very strong defensive system. Hjalmarsson is included as a body that can fill a spot on the Coyotes' defense, but also with Yandle coming over the Hawks would need to clear some cap, and I just assume PHX would rather have Hjalmarsson than Oduya, Montador, Frolik, or Olesz. Hjalmarsson is ideal as a bottom pairing defenseman, which would allow some of the Coyotes up and coming defenders larger roles in which to grow in the top 4 spots.
Phoenix should take this and run. It's a pretty unrealistic offer in my opinion.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:09 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Disagree. Just because HF seems to hate a player doesn't mean NHL GM's agree.
It's probably a "bad" offer because most teams would probably top it. Not necessarily because Gagner/MPS aren't solid pieces.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Phoenix should take this and run. It's a pretty unrealistic offer in my opinion.
Phoenix needs another center already, if they lose their best current offensive one there would be a huge hole to fill.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:24 PM
hbk

Quote:
Can you show us where you heard this? As an Oiler fan, I've never heard of this offer ever being made.
It was everywhere during draft. Here's a column discussing the validity of the matter from the Edmonton journal where they picked up the report from Gallof who writes for CBS Sports.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-keith-yandle/

I'm sure if you run the same google search that I did you will find more reports.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:51 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Frolik and Bickell for picks.
This seems much more like Phoenix's style than most...

Old
01-12-2013, 04:53 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Krejci for Yandle

Lombardi for a late pick

MacArthur for a 2nd

Old
01-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Broad Street Elite

I'd love to see something around Read for Gormley from a Flyers perspective. Read is signed cheap for a budget team like Phoenix, is young and plays responsible defense. Flyers need to get younger on defense for the longterm and Gormley is pretty close to be ready to step in.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Buffalo inquires about Boyd Gordon...

Old
01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
It was everywhere during draft. Here's a column discussing the validity of the matter from the Edmonton journal where they picked up the report from Gallof who writes for CBS Sports.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-keith-yandle/

I'm sure if you run the same google search that I did you will find more reports.
So you're using speculation based off a CBS guy who isn't exactly respected and works for a team in a different conference? The link you gave me pretty much runs the notion through the dirt, saying it is unlikely that it really happened.

What I've heard about this rumor is that it is a rumor, nothing more. You can't use a rumor, one that most people in the know don't believe, as the gospel.

I'm not saying it never happened, for what its worth. I'm saying that I don't think that the rumor monger isn't enough to say it did for sure. I think that is the type of value that Yandle would demand, but am not sure if its the type of value that Phoenix would want.

My biggest question is, that IF this offer was made at the draft, and IF Phoenix was going around telling everyone that they would need to match it or beat it, which the article also claims, then why would any teams that didn't match it or beat it then do so now?

Old
01-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Chayos

I was thinking something like Hemksy and Paajarvi for Gormley and a 3rd.

The Yotes get some scoring now and a good prospect and the Oilers get a good young stopper d-man to build around.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:14 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkeater View Post
Philly gets Keith Yandle, Michael Stone

Phoenix receives: Matt Read, Jacob Voracek, Scott Laughton and 1st round pick in 2013

What if you kept Read, Laughton and the pick and we held out for Couturier? Is one of Laughton or Talbot able to fill the third line spot this year?

Old
01-12-2013, 05:18 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post

The Yotes get some scoring now and a good prospect and the Oilers get a good young stopper d-man to build around.
Ales Hemsky may be a good deadline acquisition IF he could stay healthy. He's a really good player but his value takes a big hit because of his inability to stay healthy

Old
01-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Buffalo inquires about Boyd Gordon...
Phoenix got three good centers and Gordon is one of them(possibly the best 4th line center in the league) so he is not going anywhere.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:24 PM
cgf

Yandle for Staz next summer if the avs strike out in fa?

Old
01-12-2013, 05:34 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Ales Hemsky may be a good deadline acquisition IF he could stay healthy. He's a really good player but his value takes a big hit because of his inability to stay healthy
This is the X factor.

If Hemsky can stay healthy and get his game going, his value at the deadline could be pretty high if he is on his game and due to the fact he won't be a complete rental.

The deciding factor is and will always be his health.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:00 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post

How has Gormley been progressing? Does he look like a sure fire top pairing guy? 2nd pairing? I would be hesitant to move Hemsky for a defenseman with so little experience, its a huge gamble. The 3rd probably isn't enough on top of Gormley to do this deal for me.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
How has Gormley been progressing? Does he look like a sure fire top pairing guy? 2nd pairing? I would be hesitant to move Hemsky for a defenseman with so little experience, its a huge gamble. The 3rd probably isn't enough on top of Gormley to do this deal for me.
Gormley is at least a 2nd pairing guy if he progress at the pace he have been.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Gormley is at least a 2nd pairing guy if he progress at the pace he have been.
If we trade Hemsky, it should probably be for a younger guy who is already a second pairing guy, and still has upside. I don't know, Gormley is a very good prospect from what I've heard, but we have a lot of very good defense prospects. Moving Hemsky to stock the cupboard with more prospects might not be the best move for Edmonton. Yandle interests me, but personally, Gormley isn't the best fit for our team. At least not at the expense of a top six forward.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:09 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Something around Morrow for Klesla?

Old
01-12-2013, 10:41 PM
hbk

Quote:
So you're using speculation based off a CBS guy who isn't exactly respected and works for a team in a different conference? The link you gave me pretty much runs the notion through the dirt, saying it is unlikely that it really happened.

What I've heard about this rumor is that it is a rumor, nothing more. You can't use a rumor, one that most people in the know don't believe, as the gospel.

I'm not saying it never happened, for what its worth. I'm saying that I don't think that the rumor monger isn't enough to say it did for sure. I think that is the type of value that Yandle would demand, but am not sure if its the type of value that Phoenix would want.

My biggest question is, that IF this offer was made at the draft, and IF Phoenix was going around telling everyone that they would need to match it or beat it, which the article also claims, then why would any teams that didn't match it or beat it then do so now?
I used the first link that popped up on a google search. I don't recall but the rumour may even had been discussed on TSN's broadcast last June. All I know is I heard it and I heard it from various sources. It's been discussed on these boards as a legit rumor for months. But like any rumor if you don't want to believe it then don't. That's your choice.

As for your last part. Maloney is playing poker. He can say whatever he wants and the GM has to decide if he has pocket aces or a pair of two's.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post

As for your last part. Maloney is playing poker. He can say whatever he wants and the GM has to decide if he has pocket aces or a pair of two's.
That's a good description.

I could see some of the same cards being both. Summers & Schlemko. Might be a pair of twos. Might be a pair of aces. Either way, I hope to be on the right side.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

What would Phoenix offer up for Gagner, Hemsky or both?

01-13-2013, 07:30 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
likely less than what the Oilers would view as true value. Both players are good, I just don't believe they are ideal, or fit enough of a need to warrant an equal trade. $8.2 mil is a lot for those 2 players, while Hanzal and Vrbata add up to $5.5 mil. The difference easily pays off Boedker and Gordon salary for this season...

Old
01-13-2013, 07:44 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Krejci for Yandle

Lombardi for a late pick

MacArthur for a 2nd
I think thats a decent proposal, Boston would likely have to add a small piece, but pretty close value nonetheless.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:55 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I think our interest in Gagner dropped when we acquired Vermette. I'm just not sold that Hemsky would fit in a Tippett system. Of the two Gagner is more enticing.

Closed Thread