HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

B. Morrow to Pittsburgh

Old
01-13-2013, 05:01 AM
SuperSaiyanSTARS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Can't imagine BM would yield a 1st rounder after the year he just had. I wouldn't agree to it.

Maybe something around Kennedy or Tangradi (if they're trying to save cash) or Martin (if they don't mind spending cash)?
Paul Gaustad garnered a 1st last year. Not saying Morrow is Gaustad (C, great faceoffs) but he brings intangibles. Hitting, net presence, leadership, experience (playoffs), and he can still score at a higher clip than Gaustad, when healthy.

SuperSaiyanSTARS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:09 AM
Dirty Kari

Well if Morrow is off the table (he should be) then what about Maatta? Dallas needs more Finns dammit.

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:13 AM
SuperSaiyanSTARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Well if Morrow is off the table (he should be) then what about Maatta? Dallas needs more Finns dammit.
I was really hoping they'd move up and draft him.
That kid is a stud.

SuperSaiyanSTARS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:46 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
So maybe something like Morrow + Fistric for Blueger + Bortuzzo + pick (like a 3rd rounder to balance out the fact you're getting 2 proven NHLers and Fistric is the better D) ?
I wouldn't mind this. Not one bit.

Helps the Pens in two positions that they need a decent deal of help in. Wingers, and physical defensemen.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanSTARS View Post
Paul Gaustad garnered a 1st last year. Not saying Morrow is Gaustad (C, great faceoffs) but he brings intangibles. Hitting, net presence, leadership, experience (playoffs), and he can still score at a higher clip than Gaustad, when healthy.
Gaustad yielded a 1st because his combination of size, faceoffs, and PK minutes is a very rare and valuable commodity. What Morrow brought last year is not a rare or valuable commodity, so if you think he'd return a 1st based on what Gaustad returned, I think you're mistaken, and I'll bet your fellow Stars fans do too.

It would be a total non-starter from this end.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote