HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Question to Kansas City Blues Fans

Old
01-12-2013, 12:45 PM
MBP458

vCash: 500
Question to Kansas City Blues Fans

I'm new to the forum and sorry if this should be placed somewhere else.

Anyway I'm new to Kansas City and this will be my first Blues season outside of St. Louis. I was wondering if the local Fox Sports affiliate picked up all of the Blues games. I have Uverse and I don't think they carry NHL Center Ice so I believe my only other option if the games aren't carried here on the local Fox Sports affiliate is to get NHL Gamecenter Live, which I'm okay with. Thanks in advance for the help.

MBP458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBP458 View Post

Anyway I'm new to Kansas City and this will be my first Blues season outside of St. Louis. I was wondering if the local Fox Sports affiliate picked up all of the Blues games. I have Uverse and I don't think they carry NHL Center Ice so I believe my only other option if the games aren't carried here on the local Fox Sports affiliate is to get NHL Gamecenter Live, which I'm okay with. Thanks in advance for the help.
I am in northeastern Kansas, so it might be different...

I get Fox Sports Midwest the KC version and when the Blues games show up on my guide, they are nowhere to be found when I go to the channel.

I role with Gamecenter and it works.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Bluester

Quote:

Sometimes the games are on sometimes not. Also don't forget the overflow channels if you have them. I have Time Warner so not sure on UVerse. Also even if you have the option do NOT get center ice. We are still in Blues territory and center ice will black out the games because they should be on a local channel. I made that mistake my first year out here. I got t watch a lot of hockey. Just not blues hockey on center ice.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Noteman

vCash: 350
Send a message via AIM to Noteman Send a message via Yahoo to Noteman
Quote:

Check your channel guide on UVerse. You should have three FSMW's. Channel 748 is St. Louis, 749 is Indiana, and 750 is Kansas City.

Also, there is a hockey bar in downtown KC called the Blue Line Hockey Bar. Never been there, but thinking about going to catch the opener there.

http://thebluelinekc.com/

Also, welcome to the boards.

Last edited by Noteman: 01-12-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Noteman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Noteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I am in northeastern Kansas, so it might be different...

I get Fox Sports Midwest the KC version and when the Blues games show up on my guide, they are nowhere to be found when I go to the channel.

I role with Gamecenter and it works.
Comcast gave me the same problems when I came out here. Didn't know that GC worked out here though. Might be different since I'm in Missouri.

Last edited by Noteman: 01-12-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
Comcast gave me the same problems when I came out here. Didn't know that GC worked out here though. Might be different since I'm in Missouri though.
I had Center Ice for a year without much of a problem, but it sounds like it might be different.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:39 AM
MBP458

Thanks to everyone in this thread for the help on this topic.

Quote:
Check your channel guide on UVerse. You should have three FSMW's. Channel 748 is St. Louis, 749 is Indiana, and 750 is Kansas City.

Also, there is a hockey bar in downtown KC called the Blue Line Hockey Bar. Never been there, but thinking about going to catch the opener there.

This is great news! I do pick up all 3 of those channels so hopefully I'll just get the games with my current package and not have to worry about blackouts or anything. Also, that bar looks fantastic, I'll definitely have to check it out.

Thanks for the welcome. I've lurked here for a few years, but really enjoy reading more than posting. I'll start posting more often now that I've actually registered.

Thanks again to everyone for the help!

Old
01-13-2013, 07:38 AM
pricer502

vCash: 250
I also live in KC, moved here from St.Louis last year. I have time warner cable and most of the games will be on Fox Sports KC. However if their is a scheduling conflict such as Mizzou basketball, mens or womens that always takes priority over the Blues. Also once baseball starts the Blues are never on because the Royals play basically everynight. Anytime the Blues are not on FoxSports KC on time warner you can go to channel 5 which is MetNet. You will find the games here. It sucks it doesn't have HD but its better than nothing. Just curious what brings you to KC? I didn't know we had this many Blues fans out here. We should all get together at a bar somenight to go watch a game.
I saw a vehicle pulling a uhaul trailor last week or the week before and the guy driving was wearing a white early 2000's style Blues jersey here in KC. I honked and gave a thumbs up pointing at my Blues hat but i don't think the guy saw me. (might have been you haha)
Also does anyone living in or near KC play hockey? I am looking for some guys to play roller hockey or ice hockey. There is an ice rink up where i live that has men's league on tuesday nights with several skill divisions.

Last edited by pricer502: 01-13-2013 at 07:46 AM.
pricer502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
MBP458

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricer502 View Post
I also live in KC, moved here from St.Louis last year. I have time warner cable and most of the games will be on Fox Sports KC. However if their is a scheduling conflict such as Mizzou basketball, mens or womens that always takes priority over the Blues. Also once baseball starts the Blues are never on because the Royals play basically everynight. Anytime the Blues are not on FoxSports KC on time warner you can go to channel 5 which is MetNet. You will find the games here. It sucks it doesn't have HD but its better than nothing. Just curious what brings you to KC? I didn't know we had this many Blues fans out here. We should all get together at a bar somenight to go watch a game.
I saw a vehicle pulling a uhaul trailor last week or the week before and the guy driving was wearing a white early 2000's style Blues jersey here in KC. I honked and gave a thumbs up pointing at my Blues hat but i don't think the guy saw me. (might have been you haha)
Also does anyone living in or near KC play hockey? I am looking for some guys to play roller hockey or ice hockey. There is an ice rink up where i live that has men's league on tuesday nights with several skill divisions.
Haha, that's an awesome story, but sadly it was not me. I moved here to KC about six months ago for a job (working at Garmin). I would definitely be willing to meet up with a bunch of Blues fans at a bar to watch a game or something.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:18 PM
pricer502

Congrats on the Job. I moved here from STL for a job as well. Just post on this thread if you ever wanna go watch a game. I'll do the same.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Noteman

That's really funny. Bluester and I moved out here for a job a little over 3 years ago.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:49 PM
pricer502

Anyone work at Cerner?

Old
01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
UgotOSHIED

Quote:

Love the Blue Line, I go almost every weekend.

Also, FSMW does show games. If it does not show up, check channel 3/4/5 (community access) as they often relegate it to these channels unlisted.

EDIT: Also note that if you live on the MO side, Gamecenter will black out Blues games.

Last edited by UgotOSHIED: 01-14-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: add info
UgotOSHIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
UgotOSHIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricer502 View Post
Congrats on the Job. I moved here from STL for a job as well. Just post on this thread if you ever wanna go watch a game. I'll do the same.
I moved here from STL for college/job as well. I live in Midtown, go to the Blue Line very often.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:56 AM
kcbluenote
Rookie User

Quote:
Thanks to everyone in this thread for the help on this topic.

This is great news! I do pick up all 3 of those channels so hopefully I'll just get the games with my current package and not have to worry about blackouts or anything. Also, that bar looks fantastic, I'll definitely have to check it out.

Thanks for the welcome. I've lurked here for a few years, but really enjoy reading more than posting. I'll start posting more often now that I've actually registered.

Thanks again to everyone for the help!
I used to work at Garmin and live in Olathe. If you have channel 748 with AT&T Uverse, you will get every single Blues game in HD. If you DVR the games, always use 748.

Does anyone know if NHL Center Ice will black out the Blues games in the Olathe/Gardner area? Has anyone ever used hockeystreams.com?

kcbluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:33 AM
UgotOSHIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbluenote View Post
I used to work at Garmin and live in Olathe. If you have channel 748 with AT&T Uverse, you will get every single Blues game in HD. If you DVR the games, always use 748.

Does anyone know if NHL Center Ice will black out the Blues games in the Olathe/Gardner area? Has anyone ever used hockeystreams.com?
I think if you live in the state of Kansas they don't black out any Blues games.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:48 PM
pricer502

Anyone know where/when to play pick up roller hockey in KC? Now that it's warming up I'm itching to play.