HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

Old
01-13-2013, 07:43 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
this morning on tsn690 they said that there was a lot of rumors of him being moved, but they did not said anything specific.
Then it'll make 3 public apologies in a calendar year. Woot woot.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:49 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well the Subban part can't be blamed on him, but I agree I haven't been impressed at all so far. It's too early to tell for almost everything though, except that Lefebvre sucks.
The Subban part can be blamed on him as the initial offer was 2 years, 2.75 million per -- an insult.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
20 points is 36 games in the AHL gives you a crack in the NHL? The whole team sucks down there. Very few deserve a chance, even those that did.
Yeah 'cause the game is not solely about points but about how you compete and your overall game and ESPECIALLY since the team sucks, you have to go beyond points. Leblanc has been pointless and uneffective whether it's his fault or not. Everybody who has seen the Dogs games know that both Dumont and Gallagher are the only ones deserving. And yet, Gallagher will be going back to the Dogs. And probably (read: surely) even Dumont.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 01-13-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
20 points is 36 games in the AHL gives you a crack in the NHL? The whole team sucks down there. Very few deserve a chance, even those that did.
That is hardly a fair analogy. The fact that Gallagher has 20 points on such a bad team is impressive. If he was on a better team with better linemates he would have more points.

A players offensive production only tells part of the story. To the casual fan sometimes it is the whole story but those who understand "cause and effect" as it pertains to hockey players, have many more variables that are in play.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The best part of it all is that, while you know my position on the hiring of french coaches, they won't be able to blame an anglo coach for Leblanc's failures. Can't imagine if Don Lever was the coach now how that story would have played out....

Old
01-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The best part of it all is that, while you know my position on the hiring of french coaches, they won't be able to blame an anglo coach for Leblanc's failures. Can't imagine if Don Lever was the coach now how that story would have played out....
True enough!

Unless Leblanc was playing well under Lever and there wouldn't be a story

Old
01-13-2013, 08:09 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
True enough!

Unless Leblanc was playing well under Lever and there wouldn't be a story
Lever was awful at getting players to understand 2-way NHL hockey, at least compared to Jarvis.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Are people wishing McGuire would have had the job? I mean, with his LOVE of prospects, Leblanc would have gotten the best treatment...

Old
01-13-2013, 08:11 AM
LeMAD

Pauvre chouchoune...

When he's gonna play better, he'll get more icetime and the coaches will get off his back.

But I still think Leblanc doesn't have what it takes to eventually become a legit NHLer.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:14 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:
Are people wishing McGuire would have had the job? I mean, with his LOVE of prospects, Leblanc would have gotten the best treatment...
You really like watching Demers cry, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Leblanc
he said he wants me to 'activate the d'

Old
01-13-2013, 08:23 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Okay, so either Bergevin, Dudley, Carrière and Co are total idiots, either the news is totally fabricated or partially.....Why the hell would this new organization who seems totally involve in the development of their players, decides to suddenly wreck it? They've hired tons of people to make sure the development is adequate. Yet, they'll destroy it with some stupid coaching? And if everything is true, and that Bergevin and Co didn't know about this Leblanc treatment, well expect a bunch of firing soon. If not....why the heck would Bergevin endorse it?

And what if we were wrong? What if Leblanc was just.....not so good to begin with? Not so NHL prospect? But then, like somebody said, Kreider who I loved very much is also having an off year in the AHL so....can't wait to hear Habs response to it.
Leblanc's advantage is high hockey-IQ, he is totally the oppoite of the type of grit guys preferred by Bergevin, Lefebvre, etc.

My alarm bells on Marc Bergevin began ringing last summer, when he went crazy for Shane Doan but showed no interest in the superior Alexande Semin (or the superior Jaromir Jagr). I concluded from that incident that Bergevin either overrated grit, bottom-6 players who are better versions of himself, or that he was a racist.

That was the same offer where he offered huge contracts to both Travis Moen and Brandon Prust, but only gave Subban, our team's no. 1 dman who plays 24 mins a game in all situations but is highly skilled and black, a 2-year offer.

He then hired an idiot coach for the AHL, who is underplaying Leblanc, Holland, and Avtsin in favor of Chaput, Blunden, etc

Marc Bergevin is off to a terrible start imo.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:27 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Yeah 'cause the game is not solely about points but about how you compete and your overall game and ESPECIALLY since the team sucks, you have to go beyond points. Leblanc has been pointless and uneffective whether it's his fault or not. Everybody who has seen the Dogs games know that both Dumont and Gallagher are the only ones deserving. And yet, Gallagher will be going back to the Dogs. And probably (read: surely) even Dumont.
I agree, they had to invite some guys and they will not stay with the team. Ultimately hey are the best of the worst.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Maliki2

Not sure why you all have your panties in a bunch. Oh wait I do, a local boy that has been prepped up as being much more than he is. After watching him play many times, I'm just not that impressed. At best he will be a career 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL. At worst career AHLer. Only in Montreal can we make average players larger than life. I wish I was wrong here, but I just don't see it at this point.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Nedved

8 am, and already need to make some popcorn. This is what I miss, rumors, rumors and more rumors.

True or not, it is fun to watch the fans reaction.

And I think Leblanc's past success merits him a spot. He clearly needs the additional motivation and this might help him want to get there. I know it could be said "him not going could light a fire" but he's already been to the big leagues before and is clearly rattled about everything around him. Sometimes what separates good coaches and average coaches is their ability to understand the players on a more personal level. Did not happen with Martin, but it was there with carbs and boucher whether you want to agree or not.

All that said, this is why I like Therrien, because with such a young team, and the way I view his style of coaching, he will be good at understanding the players and what they need to succeed, or with a young team 'develop'.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I am afraid Lefebvre may not be intelligent enough to understand what is being asked of him. If it is true that he told Leblanc that because he will be a 3rd liner in the NHL that he needs to learn how to play as a 3rd liner in the AHL........then he is a bonified moron and should be fired immediately.

I am taking this article with a grain of salt as it may just be a writers personal agenda at play here but, where there is smoke.........
As if just the thought of you suggesting that Lefebvre isn't intelligent wasn't enough of a farce, the fact that you'd give this article any credibility, to think that the Habs would try to sabotage one of their top prospects' career is completely absurd.

The fact is that Leblanc, injured or not, hasn't been playing well. He should show a heck of a lot more at that level and he doesn't. He loses the puck for nothing, falls for no reasons, rarely drives the net and makes poor decisions on the ice. Have you ever considered that perhaps, the coaching staff feels like ice time, including PP, is earned and not given based on the players' draft ranking?

EDIT: That being said, he's only 21 and he is a local product. Fans, media and especially the organization need to show some patience with the kid.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Considering our top line guys with the Bulldogs all have about 20 points is 36 games the difference between the first line and the third line is largely inexistant! TheBulldogs are in shambles, the coaching staff should have a serious look at themselves. If anything they should be worried about their job.
I don't think it is as much on the coaches but more on the lack of talent pool that we have in the minors. What Goat did to this organizarion will take years to work out through the draft.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
.My alarm bells on Marc Bergevin began ringing last summer, when he went crazy for Shane Doan but showed no interest in the superior Alexande Semin
You won't find a GM in the NHL who would take Semin over Doan. Bergevin played the game and understands the importance of having players that are hard to play against.

This isn't a fantasy league.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:36 AM
onebighockeyfan

I'm somewhat fed up with the childish stabs at Leblanc because he's french Canadian. Some of you guys are just retarded. Grow up and stop acting like rednecks!

Anyway, Leblanc played pretty well with the Habs last year, clearly he's a 3rd line guy nothing more and he's having a difficult season with the Bulldogs this year, likely because of the injury. If any of the stuff about the coaches calling him names and crap like that is true Bergevin should have a good look at this. If the Bulldogs were actually playing decent hockey this could slide but with the shameful product they are putting on the ice right now the coaches should thread carefully. It's no way to treat a good prospect that has played rather well in the NHL.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Roulin

Quote:
You won't find a GM in the NHL who would take Semin over Doan. Bergevin played the game and understands the importance of having players that are hard to play against.

This isn't a fantasy league.
IMO it's very reasonable to take Semin on a 1 year deal over a 36 year old Doan on a 4 year deal. I don't know how hard Doan will be to play against when he's 39...

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:40 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

This thread and the ******** in it will eventually make the HF-Habs hall of fame.

That said... Louis played good last season in the NHL, and while I'm not overly high on him I think he has an NHL career ahead of him and if any of this is true that, then something needs to be done about the regime in the AHL.

Louis is a sure-fire 3rd liner at worst and this guy should be playing 1st line in the AHL right now. People are clearly underestimating how much confidence effects a player, just look at Patches a few years back.. Once he was used in a role he was confident with he flourished.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
IMO it's very reasonable to take Semin on a 1 year deal over a 36 year old Doan on a 4 year deal. I don't know how hard Doan will be to play against when he's 39...
not to go off topic...but especially when we're desperate for a top flite winger. Heck, worse comes to worse move him at the deadline for a 1 round pick to a team trying to go over the top. Semin appears intelligent, I believe what happened in washington will wake him up.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
As if just the thought of you suggesting that Lefebvre isn't intelligent wasn't enough of a farce, the fact that you'd give this article any credibility, to think that the Habs would try to sabotage one of their top prospects' career is completely absurd.

The fact is that Leblanc, injured or not, hasn't been playing well. He should show a heck of a lot more at that level and he doesn't. He loses the puck for nothing, falls for no reasons, rarely drives the net and makes poor decisions on the ice. Have you ever considered that perhaps, the coaching staff feels like ice time, including PP, is earned and not given based on the players' draft ranking?
I didn't realize that you knew Lefebvre so well.

It is just an impression that I have and I openly admitted that I may be wrong. Obviously I don't think they are intentionally sabotaging Leblanc's career.......more like inadvertantly.

If you leave a child to wash the dishes they will do the best that they can. If they happen to drop and break one of them does it automatically mean that they are sabotaging your dinnerware........no. Sometimes people just aren't capable of doing a job properly despite their best intentions.

All of the evidence so far points to Lefebvre doing a poor job thus far. Is there enough evidence as of yet to prove incompetency....probably not, but you would be foolish not to examine some of the warning flags.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:47 AM
sampollock

louis will be ok, feel maybe the brass want him to be little more aggressive, not a power forward, but push harder??? thoughts?

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
About twice as hard as Semin is right now.

To play against that is......

Old
01-13-2013, 08:53 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Article is all ********. I'll believe it when theres a reliable source.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote