HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bills Off-Season 2013 Style (Wilson, Barnett, McGee released, T Jackson re-signed)

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 500
It seems like the game of football is evolving. I know we've seen quarterbacks who can run, but this is getting ridiculous. Defenses will have to evolve as well.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

The NFL is becoming NCAA.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:41 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Even guys like Luck and Rodgers are pretty mobile...the era of pure pocket passers is pretty much coming to an end.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:12 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Was that the Bills D playig? Did they kidnap the Packers Defensive players while their team was boarding the plane and take over?

I don't mind a mobile QB but that was a fluke type performance. If they play Seattle next week he won't be doing that.

Anyway Driver and jennings could be done in Green Bay. Any interest? Would go hard on Jennings. He could become the #1 WR.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:16 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Win or not , Flacco was great.But he is no Fitz and wouldn't be an upgrade here though
Fitz can have a game like that. He's too inconsistent like Fitz, last week Flacco stunk the joint. He can't win in NE either, he can only beat them when the blind replacement refs have a say. call me when he truly beats NE, because if he can't he's no upgrade. An upgrade is a QB that can beat the Pats.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:18 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
My god...John Fox is an idiot.

That was a Jauron-esque decision. 31 seconds with Peyton ****ing Manning and 2 timeouts...and you kneel...

So glad we didn't get that Denver OC. Not impressed at all with him this game.
Took you that long? I wasn't impressed last year. It was all Peyton this year.

Denver got hosed though, that fumble was the "tuck" rule. I have no idea how the zebras missed that.

Though without Holliday Denver probably loses in regulation. The Denver D looked pathetic. That game tying touchdown was more embarassing than the collective efforts of the Packers D tonight.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:04 AM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Was that the Bills D playig? Did they kidnap the Packers Defensive players while their team was boarding the plane and take over?

I don't mind a mobile QB but that was a fluke type performance. If they play Seattle next week he won't be doing that.

Anyway Driver and jennings could be done in Green Bay. Any interest? Would go hard on Jennings. He could become the #1 WR.
If we picked up jennings and alex smith our offense would be set, draft a line backer 8th overall and our D could be solid too.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:00 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Fitz can have a game like that. He's too inconsistent like Fitz, last week Flacco stunk the joint. He can't win in NE either, he can only beat them when the blind replacement refs have a say. call me when he truly beats NE, because if he can't he's no upgrade. An upgrade is a QB that can beat the Pats.
That's the most absurd standard ever. Mark Sanchez beat the Pats in the playoffs and multiple times over the last 3 seasons, is he an upgrade? Is Kevin Kolb an upgrade? Two years ago, Colt McCoy beat the Pats by 20, is he an upgrade? Oh, and Fitz did beat NE last season. There are 20+ QBs who'd be an upgrade, the majority of which haven't beat NE. The difference between Flacco and Fitz is that Flacco can throw a deep ball; he's been in the top 5 in completion passes on passes over 20 yards the last 3 seasons. He's extremely inconsistent and seemingly regressed this year but he'd be an upgrade. It's irrelevant anyways because he's not leaving Baltimore. And he did beat NE in the playoffs last year and outplayed Tom Brady, Lee Evans and then Billy Cundiff just gave it away.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:16 PM
zbubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I think it's a foregone conclusion that we'll be picking one of Te'o, Minter, Mingo or Jones at #8, and one of Smith, Barkley, Wilson, Nassib, Glennon at #41.
I don't expect any of those guys to be there at 41. We're not the only team that needs a QB.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:06 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbubble View Post
I don't expect any of those guys to be there at 41. We're not the only team that needs a QB.
I'd be shocked if all were gone, I'd fully expect 2 of them to be there. So many less teams need a QB at the moment than at this point last year or two years ago.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:00 PM
kirby11

Holy crap. Falcons are choking another playoff game away. What a meltdown.
EDIT: Atlanta in with a chance. Got the ball at the seahawks 30, down 1, no timeouts left, 13 seconds to go

Last edited by kirby11: 01-13-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 04:11 PM
kirby11

Field goal's good. Falcons 30, Hawks 28. 8 seconds to go. Seattle needs a miracle kick return

Old
01-13-2013, 04:17 PM
whiplash

Game of the ****ing season. Amazing

Old
01-13-2013, 04:18 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

The collection of coaching brainfarts to end that game was laughable. Good lord.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:18 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Carroll iced the miss lulz

And Atlanta still wanted to give Seattle a chance with that kickoff...

Nobody wanted to win there at the end.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Gonna be a boring Superbowl for me now, nobody left that I care about watching.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:49 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
The collection of coaching brainfarts to end that game was laughable. Good lord.
It's like Dick Jauron pulled a Jedi mind trick to get the Seattle special teams coach to do the onside kick. That's the only possible explanation, 'cause there's no logical reason, whatsoever, not to either kick it deep or knuckleball it to the 15-20yd line. Whomever conspired that must be related to the Broncos safety who let the Raven receiver get behind him to tie Saturnday's game at the end with :30 left in the 4th.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Gonna be a boring Superbowl for me now, nobody left that I care about watching.
Yeah, agree... now I know why we fired Wade Phillips.... his vaunted defense is being taken apart by Brady and the Pats so far today....

That said, Tom Brady is the 5th best QB (as of today) to ever play in the NFL...

Old
01-13-2013, 10:18 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Brady will be #1 if he wins this year.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:16 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Another Patriots SB?? Thats 6 in 11 years! Would be funny if they lost again though.

As for the NFC blah. I don't mind the Niners but can't stand ATL. Nners D might give them a shot. The first matchup was exciting.

WTF was Pete Carroll doing? Did he want the timeout? Hes whining about a practice kick. That happens all the time. Unless he was saying "I dont want a timeout" It looked clear he wanted one. Now what the Ravens guy did yesteray was ILLEGAL. The Seahawks left too much time. I actully thought that TD would be overturned. Would have then ate clock.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:24 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
That's the most absurd standard ever. Mark Sanchez beat the Pats in the playoffs and multiple times over the last 3 seasons, is he an upgrade? Is Kevin Kolb an upgrade? Two years ago, Colt McCoy beat the Pats by 20, is he an upgrade? Oh, and Fitz did beat NE last season. There are 20+ QBs who'd be an upgrade, the majority of which haven't beat NE. The difference between Flacco and Fitz is that Flacco can throw a deep ball; he's been in the top 5 in completion passes on passes over 20 yards the last 3 seasons. He's extremely inconsistent and seemingly regressed this year but he'd be an upgrade. It's irrelevant anyways because he's not leaving Baltimore. And he did beat NE in the playoffs last year and outplayed Tom Brady, Lee Evans and then Billy Cundiff just gave it away.
While I agree it doesn't make these guys better than Fitz(I actually think Kolb could be an OK QB.)I do think beating NE or having the capability of any potential QB signing from around the league is important. It's a division opponent you play twice. You have to beat them atleast once if you are serious about the playoffs. A rookie QB likely loses twice. Its too bad Kaepernick isn't leaving SF anytime soon now.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Thoughts on the potential of Dee Milliner at 8th overall?

Old
01-14-2013, 11:09 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
Thoughts on the potential of Dee Milliner at 8th overall?
I like the player but we have bigger needs, namely in our LB corps which I think could be the worst in the league. Gilmore is very close to, if not already, a #1 CB which lessens the need a bit. I think a lot depends on what we do in free agency before the draft. If we pick up a linebacker or two and fill out some other spots, then I could see it. That being said, I don't think he lasts to 8 anyways, Detroit and Cleveland are reasonable destinations for him.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
I like the player but we have bigger needs, namely in our LB corps which I think could be the worst in the league. Gilmore is very close to, if not already, a #1 CB which lessens the need a bit. I think a lot depends on what we do in free agency before the draft. If we pick up a linebacker or two and fill out some other spots, then I could see it. That being said, I don't think he lasts to 8 anyways, Detroit and Cleveland are reasonable destinations for him.
I agree with everything said here. However, I'm torn on the LB options at 8. Jarvis Jones will be gone, and I'm not totally sold on Mingo or Te'o. Pettine's scheme seems to thrive on creative blitz packages while counting on CBs to really lock down their man, which obviously is only successful if you have top of the line CBs. I agree it's not the biggest position of need, but it could allow Pettine to run his scheme that seems to be successful with the right personnel.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:14 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
I agree with everything said here. However, I'm torn on the LB options at 8. Jarvis Jones will be gone, and I'm not totally sold on Mingo or Te'o. Pettine's scheme seems to thrive on creative blitz packages while counting on CBs to really lock down their man, which obviously is only successful if you have top of the line CBs. I agree it's not the biggest position of need, but it could allow Pettine to run his scheme that seems to be successful with the right personnel.
Right, it's certainly an option to consider. I think Milliner has a chance to be picked by us also from a straight BPA standpoint. This year's free agent crop of CB is light too; the best corners out there (unless I missed somebody) are Brent Grimes, Chris Houston, DRC and Sean Smith. On the other hand I don't see any linebackers out there at all that are semi-appealing. There's still 3 months until the draft so a lot will change between now and then. Hopefully it'll become clearer as time passes. Pettine will be watching a ton of film on our current CBs and maybe he'll see something he likes. I can't imagine he sees anything in Aaron Williams or Rogers but I thought Brooks showed some flashes. Whether the Bills will see him as a #2 or a slot guy is something I can't answer.

Closed Thread