HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
Tedenby.
Like I said, nobody that's better in Albany

Tedenby's not even scoring in the AHL, people really need to get off that bandwagon already.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

vCash: 500
I wouldn't be able to handle Darche on this team. Literally all I think about when I hear his name.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Like I said, nobody that's better in Albany

Tedenby's not even scoring in the AHL, people really need to get off that bandwagon already.
He's been scoring like crazy recently. Second on the team in goals (more than Josefson) and fourth on the team in points despite a slow start. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:51 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

9-8-17 in 30 games with a -5 isn't exactly 'lighting it up'.

The fact he's second on the team in goals just speaks to how pitiful the offense is.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Josefson isn't a goal scorer, he's a smart hockey player and that is a big reason why he is on the team

Tedenby is notorious for his poor decision making and lazy defensive play which is a big reason why is is not on the team

Little of it has to do with scoring

Old
01-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
9-8-17 in 30 games with a -5 isn't exactly 'lighting it up'.

The fact he's second on the team in goals just speaks to how pitiful the offense is.
So what does that say about Josefson? Maybe Tedenby isn't producing more because his linemates suck and the rest of the offense is horrible. Second on the team in goals behind a more experienced Butler is great.

If Tedenby doesn't produce he's too small. If he does, it's not enough. If Josefson doesn't produce, it's because the offense sucks and he's been unlucky. Such a double standard with Tedenby.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:55 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

ya well Henrique scored at the same rate as Gelinas too, so dunno how much stock I put into raw #s

Old
01-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Josefson isn't a goal scorer, he's a smart hockey player and that is a big reason why he is on the team

Tedenby is notorious for his poor decision making and lazy defensive play which is a big reason why is is not on the team
Exactly my point. There's always an excuse for Josefson, and Tedenby is always lazy and weak no matter what. Ive watched almost every Albany game. I don't watch these two and think "Wow, Tedenby is so lazy, Josefson is such a hard worker."

Old
01-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
ya well Henrique scored at the same rate as Gelinas too, so dunno how much stock I put into raw #s
Like I said, I've watched the games. People hate on Tedenby because of his size and "laziness". He's been more impressive recently than Josefson, but that's just my opinion. This isn't a knock on Josefson either. People just don't give Tedenby enough credit. Even if he does score, he's always criticized for being too small, too weak, and too lazy. If Josefson doesn't score or doesn't have a great game, there's always an excuse.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Banana Sandwiches

Bottom line, I'm biased against Darche. I never liked him to begin with. I always thought he was whiny ***** and him being in the negotiating room during the lock-out didn't win him any brownie points with me.

I don't want him on this team and I don't think he could contribute in any meaningful way. I'd take Vladimir Zharkov and Andrew Peters on this team over Darche.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:04 AM
I Hate Tie DOMI

Having Darche on the 4th line over Janssen and Barch is an improvement...barely.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
I love me some Fayne. He is so consistent that you dont notice him ala Greene!
With the exception of what is being done on the offensive end, this is how I've usually been able to judge how our defensemen are doing. I'll be at a game (or maybe watching on TV) and half way through it I'll stop and think "is _______ playing? I don't think I've noticed him today..." But that's usually because they're so consistent on the defensive end, I'm not noticing them and any potential bad plays. That's part of what I enjoy about Fayne. I don't notice him too much aside from any involvement in the offensive end because he's consistent enough. That's not to say I don't notice great defensive plays or anything. But if you are doing your job back there, you don't necessarily need to make some great notable play on a given shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Do you guys think Gionta can maintain his production or we merely captured lightning in a bottle during the playoffs?
I think if he's on the right line, he can definitely maintain his effectiveness. I don't know so much about the offense his line generated in the playoffs. I wouldn't "assume" our 4th line would put up points like that necessarily. But I think with the right guys he can be part of a solid energy/grinding line like they were in the playoffs. Carter/Bernier definitely make good linemates for him. I assume they could keep that chemistry going. But even in a different scenario I can see it still working if its with the right pairing. As long as they don't put him on a line he doesn't belong on (say, a scoring line), he should be fine. Not great, but effective/useful enough to warrant a lineup spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
I wouldn't be able to handle Darche on this team. Literally all I think about when I hear his name.
This is so true. At least now that I've seen this post, I won't think anything else from now on.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Banana Sandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Tie DOMI View Post
Having Darche on the 4th line over Janssen and Barch is an improvement...barely.
At least Janssen and Barch are entertaining.

Darche isn't exciting at all and isn't that much better than those two.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Jack Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Sandwiches View Post

Darche has twice as many goals as Barch and Janssen combined.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:14 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Exactly my point. There's always an excuse for Josefson, and Tedenby is always lazy and weak no matter what. Ive watched almost every Albany game. I don't watch these two and think "Wow, Tedenby is so lazy, Josefson is such a hard worker."
Josefson's had barely half the games Tedenby's had in the NHL, and done twice as well as Tedenby 'ever' did, at least defensively. Tedenby's had 42 points in 77 AHL games (and 'extremely' limited NHL point production in like 80-90 games), what makes anyone think he can score consistently in the NHL? And he has no other attribute that can serve him well and compensate for his lack of scoring - doesn't play well defensively, doesn't play physically. I don't think Tedenby's lazy, I just think he isn't very smart or capable of doing the little things you need when you can't score, nor has he shown he's capable of scoring at a high level.

Josefson also leads the team in +/- and is responsible defensively. We don't know what his offensive upside is in the NHL but he definitely deserves at least the amount of games Tedenby has already had in the NHL before we come to 'any' conclusion on him.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:

That`s like the worst hockey-related argument I have EVER seen. Oh my.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Banana Sandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Richey View Post
Darche has twice as many goals as Barch and Janssen combined.
And Petr Sykora has 10x as many goals as Darche.

Overall, I don't know why Darche is getting a try out when Petr Sykora has no contract and is much better.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Quote:

Overall, I don't know why Darche is getting a try out when Petr Sykora has no contract and is much better.
They would play different roles on the team, you can't really compare them.

This is old-school Lou, bringing in former Canadiéns.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:19 AM
goalvalchuk17

i think lou just wants to make sure he has the oldest team in the league. maybe trade larsson for selanne?

Old
01-13-2013, 10:22 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:

A) Again, giving someone a tryout isn't precluding us from signing Sykora.
B) If Sykora does sign elsewhere, let's at least see what he gets before we rip Lou. I'm not convinced he has anything left myself, he had a good first half on adrenaline then petered out. People forget he 'was' out of the NHL two years ago, it's not like it's a certainty he's still an NHL player.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:24 AM
goalvalchuk17

let's see what lou says at 12. sure he won't say anything, but let's see anyway.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:26 AM
CerebralGenesis

You watch Tedenby play live and think he does good stuff in the AHL? Granted I've only seen him a little bit this year but it doesn't look like his decisionmaking has gotten better at all. That's the real problem with the kid, he needs to use the skillset that god gave him much much better than what he is right now.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:27 AM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Like I said, I've watched the games. People hate on Tedenby because of his size and "laziness". He's been more impressive recently than Josefson, but that's just my opinion. This isn't a knock on Josefson either. People just don't give Tedenby enough credit. Even if he does score, he's always criticized for being too small, too weak, and too lazy. If Josefson doesn't score or doesn't have a great game, there's always an excuse.
Agree with this 100%. The lazy thing is really getting old too. Every game I saw him play live last season he was one of the most noticeable off the puck, even in his pitiful 4 minutes of playing time.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
I still believe we cant judge Tedenby's scoring ability in the NHL until he plays with scoring players. He cant score when he plays with the Janssen, Boulton, and whatever other 4th like crap he plays with.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Mgd31

Tedenby playing well and producing recently in the AHL is only good things for us. Let's see what the little guy does in the camp and if he can crack the roster. If nothing's changed, then nothing's changed and he's back in the AHL toiling away and we can assume he is probably nothing more than a bust.

Closed Thread