HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

Old
01-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Top Corner2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Article is all ********. I'll believe it when theres a reliable source.
Finally a voice of reason.

This is crap....

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
About twice as hard as Semin is right now.

To play against that is......
I was very tempted to bring out the hard jokes, glad you did it first!

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:47 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Did Bergevin say Leblanc is still dealing with an ankle injury, or did he say that overcoming one is hard?

If the kid is actually playing hurt, and no one on the Bulldogs has addressed this yet...

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:50 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Did Bergevin say Leblanc is still dealing with an ankle injury, or did he say that overcoming one is hard?

If the kid is actually playing hurt, and no one on the Bulldogs has addressed this yet...
It is being addressed, he mentioned specifically that there is a structure in place for Louis. Bergevin also seems to be saying that Louis injury is healed but not yet at 100%.

Bergevin is also saying that Louis is the AHL(and not at camp) mostly because of the health issues.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:50 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
have the habs addresses the issues

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
have the habs addresses the issues
Yes, he's been called up

I love this fanbase for the laugh sometime.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:55 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy View Post
Yes, he's been called up

I love this fanbase for the laugh sometime.
Only for the Thursday night scrimmage...

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:55 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
About twice as hard as Semin is right now.

To play against that is......
Semin is the comprehensively superior player at both ends of the ice and will be in better health long-term.

What it comes down to is that one is Russian and skills whereas the other is Canadian and anglo.

You have absolutely no idea what GMs prefer as a whole. You have --no idea --. If you happen to be right, it merely demonstrates that it would be wise for a GM to adopt a Russian + Blacks strategy, because those players are undervalued and can thus be acquired more easily.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:03 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
It is being addressed, he mentioned specifically that there is a structure in place for Louis. Bergevin also seems to be saying that Louis injury is healed but not yet at 100%.

Bergevin is also saying that Louis is the AHL(and not at camp) mostly because of the health issues.
That's really bizarre then. I'm not a doctor but if a player is day to day and he still doesn't look right after 3 games you have to sit him, not have him in back-to-back matches. Bulldogs have played btb 5 times going back to December.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Finally a voice of reason.

This is crap....
Really? Did you watch Leblanc in Hamilton this season? You can see it in his facial expressions that he has no confidence whatsoever, he's looking the puck like I've never seen before. It's also 100% true that he's not playing on special teams (****ing Chaput is !!!) and that he started the year as 3rd line rifht wing and not 1st line center to test his offensive abilities.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 01-13-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Really? Did you watch Leblanc in Hamilton this season? You can see it in his facial expressions that he has no confidence whatsoever, he's looking the puck like I've never seen before. It's also 100% true that he's not playing on special teams (****ing Chaput is !!!) and that he started the year as 3rd line rifht wing and not 1st line center to test his offensive abilities.
They are testing Chaput. They need to know what he can give. 9 points in 20 games.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 01-13-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

And another "son de cloche" from Marc Denis....Leblanc is not helping himself in Hamilton. Which has to mean that the article might have some truth to it.....but it was OBVIOUSLY not the whole story.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:34 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And another "son de cloche" from Marc Denis....Leblanc is not helping himself in Hamilton. Which has to mean that the article might have some truth to it.....but it was OBVIOUSLY not the whole story.
What would the whole story be?

A 500 page dissertation?

Fact is there are all sorts of irrationalities in Hamilton. Leblanc, Chaput, Avtsin, etc.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Hamilton has no talent up front, if Louis can't get ice time he only got himself to blame.

Dumont didn't start the year on the top lines and now hes their best scorer.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Hearing that Lefebvre is eating children for breakfast. Beware...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:52 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Hamilton has no talent up front, if Louis can't get ice time he only got himself to blame.

Dumont didn't start the year on the top lines and now hes their best scorer.
Yes they do! He's a healthy scratch most of the games and nobody can explain why.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
What would the whole story be?

A 500 page dissertation?

Fact is there are all sorts of irrationalities in Hamilton. Leblanc, Chaput, Avtsin, etc.
How about Leblanc not working as hard as he should? How about Leblanc might have some issues to deal with himself. And where are your etc. you're talking about.

Yes, so Lefebvre is so incredibly dumb that he doesn't play Avtsin 'cause he might actually score way too many goals. I'd like to see Avtsin play as well, but there has to be something for them to not play him.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 01-13-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old
01-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
A couple of thoughts:

- The article reads like the sources are friends or family of Leblanc. Reminds me of Greg Jennings' sister's twitter last week, where she bashed Aaron Rodgers for not giving her brother enough targets. Good friends and family can have tons of faith, and can get emotional.

- IMO Jeremy Filosa has been a relatively responsible reporter in the past. Especially compared to some others at 98.5. He has been the voice of reason on a few shows that I've listened to, and I generally get the impression that he has a good head on his shoulders.
And the information released by 98.5 (CKAC) is multiple times verified, so they don't come out with fabricated ****.

I just don't know if the story is 100% accurate, but I think there are legs to this one. Hope to hear from McGuire and Dubé who are plugged to the organization.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Bullsmith

I have no reason to trust in Lefebre's coaching based on what I've seen so far. I'm also a bit worried about Leblanc's progression, or lack thereof.

But this article reeks of ****-disturbing. Rumours and innuendo and conspiracy theories. I have to say I read about the gars-de-chez-nous being the victim of unfair treatment and I wonder how much this is all about Leblanc and how much it's jut the media grabbing an easy chance to fan the flames of the kind of controversy that always seems to sell in the media around Montreal.

My gut is to call bs.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Yes they do! He's a healthy scratch most of the games and nobody can explain why.
Nobody but the entire coaching staff who are actually THERE to know what's going on. I'd also like to see him play, yet, something has to be wrong.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Dude you really think you can figure this out by watching his facial expression while watching him on tv.....

Not only could you figure out that he's upset, but why.

And btw I have watched maybe 5 or 6 games this year. Leblanc definitely didn't look good enough to force his way up the lineup. I'm not worried though....I'm sure that Louis and the habs will both do what they need to to insure he becomes an effective NHL player. You don't have to look back too long to find recent guys that were sent down to hamilton and were forced to work they way back up...with success..

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:21 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
How about Leblanc not working as hard as he should? How about Leblanc might have some issues to deal with himself. And where are your etc. you're talking about.

Yes, so Lefebvre is so incredibly dumb that he doesn't play Avtsin 'cause he might actually score way too many goals. I'd like to see Avtsin play as well, but there has to be something for them to not play him.
It could just be the simplest explanation:

Lefebvre was a grinder in his career, so he's biased towards that kind of player. That's why Dumont, Chaput, Blunden, etc are getting a lot of ice time, but not players perceived as talent players such as Leblanc, Holland, Avtsin, etc.

It may sound absurd, but we are fans and we have seen first hand that there are many coaches who operate in this manner.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Geester76

I will try to put elasticity to this thread. I had some years ago a high ankle injury and it took me a full month to heal it. The therapist gave me elastics of different resistance to make excersises to put strenght back in my ankle. I don't see why the use of elastics to work on Leblanc's skating after his injury is view as stupid.

Geester76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:27 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Nobody but the entire coaching staff who are actually THERE to know what's going on. I'd also like to see him play, yet, something has to be wrong.
I agree, except the Bulldogs staff doesn't have to say anything. So if both Avtsin & Leblanc bust we'll just have to accept that it was to happen? It smells like complete a corrupted situation to me. Someone might as well have decided that they should both bust and hence the predicament they find themselves in.

We can call it paranoia at this point sure. If and when we find out it wasn't however, it'll be already too late and that's the issue. The staff just has to come clean about it and state what the problem is, that would fix this mess.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Habtchum*

Maybe the best solution would be to lent him to another AHL club out West. Maybe under another coaching staff, he would thrive.

They should also ask Jodoin to go back to Hamilton to clean up the mess.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote