HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Training Camp '13 (Starts Sunday 1/13)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 12:05 PM
azrok22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers

Same D: McD-Girardi, Staal-Stral, DZ-Bickel, Eminger-Gilroy. And Lundqvist, Biron between the pipes. 21 on ice, 22 total in camp #NYR
I like the D pairings more than the offensive lines.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The chemistry between Richards and Nash should be more immediate. Nash said he already noticed Richards putting the puck on his stick where he wanted it Thursday. Nash's game suits Richards' style because he's a straightforward player, he takes the puck to the net. If this trio sticks together, Gaborik can find openings on the ice while Nash bangs down low and in the corners, and it could be an incredible combination. It would be a line unlike anything Nash has played with in non-international competition.
Quote:
Nash isn't being utilized properly if he's bringing the puck through the neutral zone. He's at his best when he can pick up speed on his own and get the puck just before the opposing team's blue line or inside the other team's blue line. Richards will figure this out if he hasn't already.

"He has a head of steam and he's a big guy and goes to the net hard if he can get the puck in those areas," Cassels said Thursday. "Defenders have to cheat to him, which opens up other options. If you can get him the puck by going to the net hard, there are going to be rebounds. He creates so much offense just by driving to the net."
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...-cup-favorites

Old
01-13-2013, 12:22 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

So either Bickel or Gilroy will be playing forward on opening night. Interesting.

01-13-2013, 12:22 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I say we need a RH d-man for the #6 slot. I like Bickel alright, but he's simply not good enough for a contender. Nothing against him, but it's no loss to the Rangers if he never dresses again. He's fine as a #7/8. I would really like to upgrade there though. More important to me than the bottom six most people seem worried about (though a depth forward in case of injuries is welcome as well).

Old
01-13-2013, 12:25 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
So either Bickel or Gilroy will be playing forward on opening night. Interesting.
I always thought gilroy would be a better forward than dman. Surprised Whale did not play him as a forward in prep for upcoming season.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Pi

Really hoping the Rangers win the Cup this year. Would love to see Rick Nash bring the Cup to Brampton.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:12 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Did I miss from the posted D pairings that Bickel is playing forward?

Looks like he's the #6 and Eminger and Gilroy are #7 & #8 for now.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:14 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Did I miss from the posted D pairings that Bickel is playing forward?

Looks like he's the #6 and Eminger and Gilroy are #7 & #8 for now.
Yea but it's day one of camp. A lot can still happen.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:21 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Yea but it's day one of camp. A lot can still happen.
True, but as of today doesn't look like Bickel is in at F opening night.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:25 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Wouldn't it be nice if the NHL Network was like a real television station, and provided a few live look-ins to teams opening training camp?

At least we get 'NHL Tonight' back tonight. But now that the WJC is over I'll probably cancel that channel anyway.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I say we need a RH d-man for the #6 slot. I like Bickel alright, but he's simply not good enough for a contender. Nothing against him, but it's no loss to the Rangers if he never dresses again. He's fine as a #7/8. I would really like to upgrade there though. More important to me than the bottom six most people seem worried about (though a depth forward in case of injuries is welcome as well).
ya come the deadline we will all be calling for a vet Dman for the playoffs. Not too surprised they will go with Bickel upfront. I would think Gilroy would of played upfront in CT but didnt so would be surprised if it was him. Although Torts did try that a few times too.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

i wouldnt mind Jason Arnott on a one year deal. he knows Slats from his Oilers days and would add some more grit down the middle

Old
01-13-2013, 01:30 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if the NHL Network was like a real television station, and provided a few live look-ins to teams opening training camp?

At least we get 'NHL Tonight' back tonight. But now that the WJC is over I'll probably cancel that channel anyway.
I'd keep it. With the amount of nationally televised games you'll probably be able to catch a lot of extra games.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:44 PM
tomcatNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i wouldnt mind Jason Arnott on a one year deal. he knows Slats from his Oilers days and would add some more grit down the middle
We already have Halpern. No need for Arnott or any other veteran center, IMO.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatNYR View Post
We already have Halpern. No need for Arnott or any other veteran center, IMO.
Arnott would add more scoring than Halpern and is a different type of player. Arnott would help the PP...

Old
01-13-2013, 01:53 PM
tomcatNYR

Quote:
Arnott would add more scoring than Halpern and is a different type of player. Arnott would help the PP...
And what would we do with Halpern? Or should Boyle sit?

I dunno, but I don't think this team needs a depth forward like Arnott. If anything, maybe a top-6 winger at the deadline if things are looking really good.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatNYR View Post
And what would we do with Halpern? Or should Boyle sit?

I dunno, but I don't think this team needs a depth forward like Arnott. If anything, maybe a top-6 winger at the deadline if things are looking really good.
Hagelin Richards Nash
Kreider Stepan Gaborik
Pyatt Arnott Callahan
Rupp Boyle Halpern
Asham

Old
01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Yeah, you sit either Rupp, Asham or Halpern as needed, depending on the opponent.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:05 PM
tomcatNYR

I don't know. I would have liked the idea a couple of years ago maybe. But right now I'm inclined to say Arnott isn't really needed. Maybe with some injuries or if someone like Kreider struggles, but as of right now, not my cup of tea.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Yeah, you sit either Rupp, Asham or Halpern as needed, depending on the opponent.
the top 12 F are going to play which is why they dont have anyone else in this short camp. They could sign a vet with the understanding they are depth and the spare to start. I would expect they look to add a depth 3rd line UFA at the deadline and as discussed a vet 6th D UFA at the deadline. This is where they likely use the extra 3rds and a spare part like Gilroy,Eminger in a deal.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
the top 12 F are going to play which is why they dont have anyone else in this short camp. They could sign a vet with the understanding they are depth and the spare to start. I would expect they look to add a depth 3rd line UFA at the deadline and as discussed a vet 6th D UFA at the deadline. This is where they likely use the extra 3rds and a spare part like Gilroy,Eminger in a deal.
Or they're starting with 12 F because they haven't signed another forward just yet and have no intention of playing Haley this year. It's the very first day they've even been able to sign a guy since September.

You can never have too much depth.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:14 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Totally agree.
One more depth FWD & one more D.
Trade for UFAs at deadline or (less likely) waiver pickups.
Not much left to sign now.
I could actually see them bringing over The Hobbit in addition for the POs. Sather kind of insinuated this today. Especially if we run into injuries and/or if our 2nd PP unit does not click. Gotta be very nitpicking with the details to go all the way.
Good Lord - have mercy on me lol

Old
01-13-2013, 02:17 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Totally agree.
One more depth FWD & one more D.
Trade for UFAs at deadline or (less likely) waiver pickups.
Not much left to sign now.
I could actually see them bringing over The Hobbit in addition for the POs. Sather kind of insinuated this today. Especially if we run into injuries and/or if our 2nd PP unit does not click. Gotta be very nitpicking with the details to go all the way.
Good Lord - have mercy on me lol
Don't know if Zuc would want to come back.

I'm more curious on Fasth/Lindberg if they will come over after the SEL season is over and at the very least get some AHL experience since they're both under contract anyway. That could show how far along they could really be.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

maybe Zuccarello is coming back but i hope they trade him. he is being wasted here. he would fit on a team without much depth... not the islanders cause hed would score a goal everytime the Rangers play the Islanders..

Old
01-13-2013, 02:21 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
maybe Zuccarello is coming back but i hope they trade him. he is being wasted here. he would fit on a team without much depth... not the islanders cause hed would score a goal everytime the Rangers play the Islanders..

I hope they trade him too, so people can stop fantasizing about him on these boards.

Closed Thread