HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Training Camp Sun Jan 13 - Fri Jan 18

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 01:55 PM
  #26
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 33,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Depends on if Gerbe/McCormick start on IR (regular one)...they are in the practice lineup but to what degree they are able to play we haven't had any update.
Very true

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:01 PM
  #27
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
I wonder if the Sabres did physicals yesterday. Some teams did voluntary physicals Saturday (agreed upon by NHL and PA).

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:03 PM
  #28
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
So with this in mind we are looking at 1 forward cut and 2 dmen (with the 9 in camp).

I think they will carry 8 D, by waiving Pardy (unless there is a trade).

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:12 PM
  #29
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sin City Philippines
Country: United States
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
I think they will carry 8 D, by waiving Pardy (unless there is a trade).
For a 23 man roster its more traditional to carry 14 forwards 7 defensemen and 2 goalies so I'd expect Pardy and Brennan to be waived. Especially if they're worried about the physical status of Gerbe and McCormick.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:14 PM
  #30
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
For a 23 man roster its more traditional to carry 14 forwards 7 defensemen and 2 goalies so I'd expect Pardy and Brennan to be waived. Especially if they're worried about the physical status of Gerbe and McCormick.
No way they waive Brennan. Makes the team or some sort of trade will be made.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:23 PM
  #31
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sin City Philippines
Country: United States
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
No way they waive Brennan. Makes the team or some sort of trade will be made.
I don't know, I see him as a middling player. Yes he has some offensive upside, which he hasn't shown at the NHL level, but is a defensive liability. The question is whether some GM out there thinks the light has turned on for him, and that he'll be able to hold down a 3rd pairing slot with power play time.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:27 PM
  #32
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 33,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
I think they will carry 8 D, by waiving Pardy (unless there is a trade).
I hope not. There is supposed to be a good market for teams looking to move a dman. I hope we take advantage of it.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:35 PM
  #33
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
No way they waive Brennan. Makes the team or some sort of trade will be made.
I could easily see us waiving TJB.

Most franchises have a young PMD who is highly questionable in his own end. He's not heads and tails better than the 8th best Dman in most organizations.

Zman5778 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:39 PM
  #34
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
I could easily see us waiving TJB.

Most franchises have a young PMD who is highly questionable in his own end. He's not heads and tails better than the 8th best Dman in most organizations.
The only way I see them waiving him, is if they keep him up for a little while and he struggles. His value has never been higher and I would be shocked if he made it through waivers. Lots of teams are looking for defense.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:42 PM
  #35
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,237
vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Was it open to the public?
You're obviously a skimmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleLeino View Post
I thought gerbe was still injured but hes participating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Depends on if Gerbe/McCormick start on IR (regular one)...they are in the practice lineup but to what degree they are able to play we haven't had any update.
Ruff says Gerbe (back) and McCormick (finger) aren't cleared for full practices yet. Also, added that some Amerks will be included in the scrimmage tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
I wonder if the Sabres did physicals yesterday. Some teams did voluntary physicals Saturday (agreed upon by NHL and PA).
They probably did some at least. Scratch that. According to Ruff, they were scheduled for 7:15AM this morning, with some guys arriving as early as 6:45AM to get them done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
For a 23 man roster its more traditional to carry 14 forwards 7 defensemen and 2 goalies so I'd expect Pardy and Brennan to be waived. Especially if they're worried about the physical status of Gerbe and McCormick.
I think that Brennan would get claimed, as his offense is hard to ignore and his defensive limitations are manageable. I think it would be bad asset management to risk putting Brennan on waivers without giving him more of a look in the NHL. I think a trade is the more likely avenue with our 9 D, who that'll be, idk.


Last edited by Woodhouse: 01-13-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Physicals info
Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:43 PM
  #36
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I hope not. There is supposed to be a good market for teams looking to move a dman. I hope we take advantage of it.
Agreed. They can either move a higher-valued piece like Leopold -- even Sekera, though I'd hate to see it, for a quality forward -- or try getting a low pick for a guy like Pardy. Personally, I'd prefer to see them move Pardy or perhaps Brennan. If Leopold is to be moved, he should fetch more at the deadline and by then we'd have a better picture of how everyone else is working out for us on defense.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:02 PM
  #37
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,669
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Lines at today's skate: 26-19-29, 82-63-21, 23-25-9, 42-55-36, 32-37-8.
the Drury, Grier, Roy line has been together before

__________________






BUCKSHOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:16 PM
  #38
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
I'm not going to say that Brennan will be in the top 6.

I'm not going to say that Brennan will have a good NHL career.

But there is NO way Brennan is going be put on waivers. Regier hates giving away assets for nothing.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:41 PM
  #39
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,237
vCash: 233
Note: OP Additions - A/V

01.13 Lindy Ruff speaks with the media following the first day of training camp. <8:11>

01.13 Jochen Hecht speaks with the media following the first day of training camp. <4:08>

01.13 Cody Hodgson speaks with the media following the first day of training camp. <1:27>

01.13 Mikhail Grigorenko speaks with the media following the first day of training camp. <6:32>

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:42 PM
  #40
Bosswally
Registered User
 
Bosswally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
its amazing how well Grigorenko speaks english

Bosswally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:44 PM
  #41
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosswally View Post
its amazing how well Grigorenko speaks english
That's because he's been learning English for 25 years so he can teach other Russians when he bolts back to Russia after choking in the playoffs.

did I miss anything?

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:47 PM
  #42
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
That's because he's been learning English for 25 years so he can teach other Russians when he bolts back to Russia after choking in the playoffs.

did I miss anything?
What if he's not even really Russian and only pretended to be to make himself appear more skilled?

4 Woodhouse:
Cody McCormick speaks with the media following the first day of training camp. <0:32>

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:55 PM
  #43
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Warning: Stupid question incoming:

What's with the different color jerseys in the picture in the OP? I see three shades of blue, yellow, a greenish...

Thanks ahead of time!

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:02 PM
  #44
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Warning: Stupid question incoming:

What's with the different color jerseys in the picture in the OP? I see three shades of blue, yellow, a greenish...

Thanks ahead of time!
Practice jerseys. During camps (training camp, dev camp [for young players/prospects], etc) they split the players up into groups. Sometimes the groups are used to run multiple drills at the same time, but also for the purposes of scrimmaging. And just in general, practice jerseys are different than game jerseys.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:06 PM
  #45
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Practice jerseys. During camps (training camp, dev camp [for young players/prospects], etc) they split the players up into groups. Sometimes the groups are used to run multiple drills at the same time, but also for the purposes of scrimmaging. And just in general, practice jerseys are different than game jerseys.
Well, yeah. Practice jerseys are different in every sport. I was wondering why the wide range of colors, which you answered quite well.

Football has three jerseys generally. A "no contact" worn mostly by QBs but also injured players. D jerseys and O jerseys.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I thought maybe they were divided by color on "rookie", "vet", "AHL".

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:10 PM
  #46
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,237
vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
What's with the different color jerseys in the picture in the OP? I see three shades of blue, yellow, a greenish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer, I thought maybe they were divided by color on "rookie", "vet", "AHL".
Lines/teams for drills and scrimmaging. Simply put, you really don't want to pit white vs white in drills if you don't have to. Plus, it's easy to order around colors rather than three names all the time.

Blue = 26-19-29, green = 82-63-21, white = 23-25-9, aqua = 42-55-36, yellow = 32-37-8.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:10 PM
  #47
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Well, yeah. Practice jerseys are different in every sport. I was wondering why the wide range of colors, which you answered quite well.

Football has three jerseys generally. A "no contact" worn mostly by QBs but also injured players. D jerseys and O jerseys.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I thought maybe they were divided by color on "rookie", "vet", "AHL".

In this case, looks like there is a different color for each forward line. D are wearing black.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:31 PM
  #48
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Good old Sabres forest green & aquamarine.

They should have just went with plaid and checkers for those two colors.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:34 PM
  #49
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Lines/teams for drills and scrimmaging. Simply put, you really don't want to pit white vs white in drills if you don't have to. Plus, it's easy to order around colors rather than three names all the time.

Blue = 26-19-29, green = 82-63-21, white = 23-25-9, aqua = 42-55-36, yellow = 32-37-8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
In this case, looks like there is a different color for each forward line. D are wearing black.
Perfect explanation. Thanks. I guess I overthought it, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
They should have just went with plaid and checkers for those two colors.
Anything but polka dots.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:55 PM
  #50
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
The Jochen Hecht interview -- aka the one I was most interested outside of Ruff's -- had unlistenable audio. I guess I'll wait for TBN or WGR to post their own version after running a noise filter on that mess.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.