HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

48 game season is perfectly legit for a stanley cup winner,,,read this

Old
01-13-2013, 01:30 PM
tailgunner

vCash: 500
exactly, i never complained about the devils winning in 95, they deserved it fair and square, every team had a chance to win the cup that year and the devils did it, whoever wins this year is fine by me

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
A Cup is a Cup.

01-13-2013, 01:44 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Better teams demonstrate their worth over a longer season. This shorter season combined with allowing 8 teams in allows for undeserving teams making it in. I think 82 is too long but 48 is too short. 60 would be ideal IMO.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:09 PM
irishlaxburger2

Technically, a season doesn't even need to take place for the Stanley Cup to be awarded.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/09/19/stanley-cup-will-stay-put-even-if-nhl-season-is-cancelled/

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:42 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Technically, a season doesn't even need to take place for the Stanley Cup to be awarded.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/09/19/stanley-cup-will-stay-put-even-if-nhl-season-is-cancelled/
I always believed that the cup could be awarded to a team not in the NHL as it doesn't "belong" to the NHL. It's awarded to the best ice hockey team in North America, it just so happens that it's always been an NHL team for nearly a century now. I thought if this season was fully cancelled it should be awarded to the best Junior team as theyre the . That would invariably be the CHL Memorial Cup champ, imagine that. I guess the AHL would have a good argument for it too.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:52 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

the way i see it an asterisk should put put next to an mlb players name enducted into the hall of fame although admittedly recording statistics with the help of performance enhancing drugs because they by and far had an advantage over all other players, however i dont think an asterisk is needed next to a stanley cup winning team that played 48 games just like every other team and player in the league, whether it be the rangers, kings, penguins or capitals.

now of course if we win fans from other teams are going to try and bring up the point that the season was shorter however both teams were in the same situation, nobody cheated or had the upperhand.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:32 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
the way i see it an asterisk should put put next to an mlb players name enducted into the hall of fame although admittedly recording statistics with the help of performance enhancing drugs because they by and far had an advantage over all other players, however i dont think an asterisk is needed next to a stanley cup winning team that played 48 games just like every other team and player in the league, whether it be the rangers, kings, penguins or capitals.

now of course if we win fans from other teams are going to try and bring up the point that the season was shorter however both teams were in the same situation, nobody cheated or had the upperhand.
younger teams have the advantage in a condensed schedule. thats just one of several imbalances created by halving a schedule that everyone is used to. Now after many seasons of having 48 games those imbalances dwindle away as the league evolves into it.