HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan O'Reilly to Florida

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 03:41 PM
  #1
luby3131
Registered User
 
luby3131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Parkland, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Ryan O'Reilly to Florida

Obviously it's a longshot Colorado moves Radar, but what would get a deal done if things went sour in negotiations? Would Kulikov for O'Reilly straight up get it done?

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:43 PM
  #2
sansabri
RIP Pete Burns
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint-Hubert, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 19,700
vCash: 500
what's with all these sour negotiations! the last time ( i can think of ) this happened with an RFA was Turris.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:45 PM
  #3
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 10,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
Obviously it's a longshot Colorado moves Radar, but what would get a deal done if things went sour in negotiations? Would Kulikov for O'Reilly straight up get it done?
Maybe...

I think in order to get one of our centers the deal would have to be orchestrated to include a clear cut third line center coming back in the deal. Unless it was done during the off-season where Colorado could potentially pickup a UFA third line center.

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:46 PM
  #4
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Hivemind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 21,753
vCash: 500
Well, it certainly tops the Leafs' offer.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:48 PM
  #5
luby3131
Registered User
 
luby3131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Parkland, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
what's with all these sour negotiations! the last time ( i can think of ) this happened with an RFA was Turris.
It can be tricky with guys like this. Turris was a player that needed a change of scenery, which is why he was traded. In Colorado, Statsny and Duchene are your top two centers, but O'Reilly is too talented to be in the #3 hole. He proved this last year. It gets to the point where a player (justifiably) wants more than the organization wants to pay. Something will get done

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:49 PM
  #6
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 12,928
vCash: 50
I would do something like O'Reilly+D prospect for Kulikov+3rd line center. Always been a huge fan of Kulikov. If we have to move ROR, Kulikov is the type of player I would want in return.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:52 PM
  #7
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 18,146
vCash: 50
Kulikov + a decent defensively reliable 3rd line center for O'Reilly + depth defenseman.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:52 PM
  #8
Freudian
Clearly deranged
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 38,857
vCash: 50
If Avs have problems with O'Reilly, the last thing they'll do is to trade for another negotiation problem.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:52 PM
  #9
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I would do something like O'Reilly+D prospect for Kulikov+3rd line center. Always been a huge fan of Kulikov. If we have to move ROR, Kulikov is the type of player I would want in return.
I'd say Oreilly + Elliott for Kulikov + Goc.

This is very interesting from my standpoint. Certainly blows the Leafs offer out of the water at this point. Kulikov is exactly the type of guy we'd move Oreilly for. Young Top 2/3 Dman with #1 Upside. Both are RFA's at this point as well and fill needs for the other team.

It almost makes too much sense to happen.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:00 PM
  #10
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 18,146
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
I'd say Oreilly + Elliott for Kulikov + Goc.

This is very interesting from my standpoint. Certainly blows the Leafs offer out of the water at this point. Kulikov is exactly the type of guy we'd move Oreilly for. Young Top 2/3 Dman with #1 Upside. Both are RFA's at this point as well and fill needs for the other team.

It almost makes too much sense to happen.
No freaking way.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:01 PM
  #11
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,202
vCash: 500
Idk I feel like Kulikov is worth more than O'reilly. Top pairing Dman vs 2C.

If someone is going to be adding it's probably us.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:01 PM
  #12
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
No freaking way.
http://thehockeywriters.com/overtime...oc-underrated/

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
  #13
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
No freaking way.
Highly disagree here. As the other guys said you must not know how good Goc is. He'd be the absolute perfect 3rd line C for us. Very good Defensively with a little offensive upside as well.

And given that IMO Kulikov does have a tiny bit more value then Oreilly, it would have to be a decent prospect added on our side to get Goc as well.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:06 PM
  #14
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,161
vCash: 500
O'Reilly for Kulikov straight up. Done deal someone call up the GMs.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:07 PM
  #15
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
O'Reilly for Kulikov straight up. Done deal someone call up the GMs.
I am trying to call Tallon up, but I think someone gave me the wrong phone number.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:09 PM
  #16
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 18,146
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Highly disagree here. As the other guys said you must not know how good Goc is. He'd be the absolute perfect 3rd line C for us. Very good Defensively with a little offensive upside as well.

And given that IMO Kulikov does have a tiny bit more value then Oreilly, it would have to be a decent prospect added on our side to get Goc as well.
I'm well aware of Goc's qualities, he's a very good player and all, but I wouldn't be interested in moving our best defensive prospect for 1.5 seasons of Goc.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:13 PM
  #17
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I'm well aware of Goc's qualities, he's a very good player and all, but I wouldn't be interested in moving our best defensive prospect for 1.5 seasons of Goc.
I wouldn't consider him our best Defensive prospect at this point. Barrie has been far more impressive for the better part of 2 years now. He was better overall in his stint with the Avs last year then Elliott, and it hasn't even been close this year. Not to say Elliott isn't still a solid prospect, but IMO Barrie is easily the better of the two, and makes Elliott expendable IMO.

That's about as close a deal you could get IMO. Now it looks like I maybe value Kulikov higher then others as some are saying Oreilly 1 for 1 with Kulikov(IMO Kulikov is better then Oreilly) so that'll change my precieved value of the trade from others.

Oreilly for Kuli straight up is fantastic for the Avs, good for the Panthers to but I think Kulikov has Top 15 Dmen potential, Oreilly not so much in the Center department.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:14 PM
  #18
luby3131
Registered User
 
luby3131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Parkland, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
I can't see Goc being moved. Not only is he valuable for our system, but he's also currently injured

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
  #19
Halpysback*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,888
vCash: 500
I'd take Kulikov over O'Reilly in a vacuum, but especially if I'm the avs. He's about as good a partner for EJ as you'll realistically get.

Kulikov + Goc for O'Reilly + Gaunce + Olver + 2nd seems like a good enough ballpark

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:20 PM
  #20
cgf
Fire Bednar
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: w/ Renley's Peach
Country: Germany
Posts: 26,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
It can be tricky with guys like this. Turris was a player that needed a change of scenery, which is why he was traded. In Colorado, Statsny and Duchene are your top two centers, but O'Reilly is too talented to be in the #3 hole. He proved this last year. It gets to the point where a player (justifiably) wants more than the organization wants to pay. Something will get done
For the nth time, the Avs roll their centers very evenly and O'Reilly actually got the most ice time on the team last year with Duchene's injury and Stastny's awful linemates/luck. The only difference between our centers has been who gets what wingers, and now that the avs have enough wingers and prospects on the brink, there's no problem with giving all 3 of them good wingers to play with.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
  #21
The Instigator
Registered User
 
The Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 500
I wouldn't trade Elliott a second before we get to see him and Siemens together at the professional level.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
  #22
AustonPowers
The Kids Are Alright
 
AustonPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 500
What exactly makes Kuliovs leagues different than Gardiner value wise.....Is Kulikovs defensive game suddenly at an elite level...inquiring minds want to know..

AustonPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
  #23
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
If we had to trade O'Reilly then this type of move would be great. Kulikov is going to be a stud.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
  #24
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maplelaughs97 View Post
What exactly makes Kuliovs leagues different than Gardiner value wise.....Is Kulikovs defensive game suddenly at an elite level...inquiring minds want to know..
Kulikov is at Subban's level of play, not elite yet, but will be.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
  #25
Baron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
I think adding Goc makes it too messy. O'Reilly for Kulikov with whatever equalizers. Colorado can then flip a depth D / D prospect to someone needing D for a bottom 6 defensive / pk centre.

Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.