HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Who will the bruins fight the most?

Old
01-13-2013, 10:41 AM
PJ StockBB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Okay? That doesn't really have to do with Kaleta being willing to fight McQuaid, just that he probably loses to him, which exactly one person is disputing.

The Buffalo/Boston fight card has a lot of variance because Chara only fights a couple of times per season and it's usually a heat of the moment thing. Excluding Chara's unpredictability and assuming everyone else is healthy (Regehr too, for the same reasons), it look something like:

Scott - Thornton, edge Scott
Lucic - McCormick, edge Lucic
McQuaid - Foligno, push
Boychuk - Kaleta, edge Boychuk
Campbell - Ott, edge Ott

Boychuk probably has the biggest mismatch. Regehr evens that up, but we're excluding each team's shutdown defensemen.
why are we leaving out those guys? they're both tough guys and would certainly be physically involved in any Bruins-Sabres game. plus Chara, even though not being a highly skilled fighter, neautalizes scott and lets everyone else fight a lesser opponent.

Chara-Scott--it's been debated at nauseam who would win, until it happens I'm saying draw
Thornton-McCormick--McCormick has fought him tough before, but Thornton is the proven better fighter, edge Thornton
Lucic-Regehr--Lucic
McQuaid-Kaleta--edge McQuaid imo, but a close fight. kaleta is underrated
Boychuk-Foligno--very intrigued by foligno, but until he fights someone tough in the NHL edge Boychuk
Horton-Weber--draw
Ference-Ott--edge Ference. Ference is very underrated and when he fights guys his size he almost always wins

don't know if I'm missing anyone else from buffalo. MacDermid has a strong chance at making the Bruins this year and he would be tied with McQuaid for the fourth best fighter on the Bruins.

either way buffalo is tough, one of the toughest teams in the league. they might not have the high end fighters at the top to match the Bruins but they might be the only team that has the same fighting depth as the Bruins. they are a tough team this year and should start to get more respect. but the Bruins are still the tougher team

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:46 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
why are we leaving out those guys? they're both tough guys and would certainly be physically involved in any Bruins-Sabres game. plus Chara, even though not being a highly skilled fighter, neautalizes scott and lets everyone else fight a lesser opponent.

Chara-Scott--it's been debated at nauseam who would win, until it happens I'm saying draw
Thornton-McCormick--McCormick has fought him tough before, but Thornton is the proven better fighter, edge Thornton
Lucic-Regehr--Lucic
Boychuk-Foligno--very intrigued by foligno, but until he fights someone tough in the NHL edge BoychukHorton-Weber--draw
Ference-Ott--edge Ference. Ference is very underrated and when he fights guys his size he almost always wins

don't know if I'm missing anyone else from buffalo. MacDermid has a strong chance at making the Bruins this year and he would be tied with McQuaid for the fourth best fighter on the Bruins.

either way buffalo is tough, one of the toughest teams in the league. they might not have the high end fighters at the top to match the Bruins but they might be the only team that has the same fighting depth as the Bruins. they are a tough team this year and should start to get more respect. but the Bruins are still the tougher team
Hell no.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:05 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Hell no.
don't know why you like Foligno so much. I suppose your a amerk fan and this is why you putted Finley in your top 10?

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:32 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
don't know why you like Foligno so much. I suppose your a amerk fan and this is why you putted Finley in your top 10?
Because Joe Finley was a decent fighter last year. But, this year he looks terrible. Johnny Boychuk isn't that great of a fighter. He got humiliated against Ryan White a few years ago.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Because Joe Finley was a decent fighter last year. But, this year he looks terrible. Johnny Boychuk isn't that great of a fighter. He got humiliated against Ryan White a few years ago.

never said Boychuk was a great fighter, but he isn't bad either. he definitely lost that one to white, white's a solid fighter, it happens. the only guy foligno has fought in the NHL is frattin who is in no way a fighter. like i said, Foligno definitely could be a better fighter then Boychuk, but he certainly hasn't proven it yet. not going to pretend to know all the fighters in the AHL, but his AHL card doesn't look all that impressive either.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:03 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

My fight predictions:

John Scott vs. Shawn Thornton: Narrow win Scott or Draw. Shawn Thornton can handle himself with the super heavyweights.

Milan Lucic vs. Marcus Foligno: Clear win Lucic. Although Marcus Foligno is a solid light-heavyweight, he would get easily beat by Milan Lucic.

Adam McQuaid vs. Cody McCormick: Draw. I could see a decent fight between these two players.

Patrick Kaleta vs. Johnny Boychuk: Draw or Narrow win. I think Johnny Boychuk would have difficulties with Patrick Kaleta's left hand.

Steve Ott vs. Greg Campbell: Draw or Narrow win Ott. Greg Campbell wants revenge, but I think he doesn't have it takes to beat Ott (since he's a punching bag).

Lane MacDermid vs. Robyn Regehr: Narrow win or Clear win Lane MacDermid. Lane MacDermid wins this fight easily.

Mike Weber vs. Chris Kelly: Draw. I see a crappy fight between these two players.

Corey Tropp vs. Andrew Ference: Narrow win or Clear win Corey Tropp. Andrew Ference gets beaten by Corey Tropp easily.

Drew Stafford vs. Brad Marchand: Narrow win Stafford. I would love to see this fight.

Rich Peverley vs. Christian Ehrhoff: Narrow win Rich Peverley.

Zdeno Chara vs. Joe Finley: Zdeno Chara narrow win or clear win.

Tyler Myers vs. Nathan Horton: Draw.

Last edited by MichiganWolverines: 01-13-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 03:05 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
never said Boychuk was a great fighter, but he isn't bad either. he definitely lost that one to white, white's a solid fighter, it happens. the only guy foligno has fought in the NHL is frattin who is in no way a fighter. like i said, Foligno definitely could be a better fighter then Boychuk, but he certainly hasn't proven it yet. not going to pretend to know all the fighters in the AHL, but his AHL card doesn't look all that impressive either.
I know his fight card isn't impressive, but he has impressed me with the fights I've seen him in, this season.

Last edited by MichiganWolverines: 01-13-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
I know his fight card isn't impressive, but he has impressed me in the fights I've seen him in this season.
fair enough. i like what i hear about the kid. think he's gonna be a pain in the ass to play against for the Bruins for years to come. in a beefed up northeast and eastern conference, fighting wise, he'll certainly have plenty of chances to prove what he can do with the gloves off

Old
01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
bud12

its easy to look good when you fight guy who are way smaller and aren't fighter...... having a tko win over Will Acton is not what I call impressive

Old
01-13-2013, 03:30 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
its easy to look good when you fight guy who are way smaller and aren't fighter...... having a tko win over Will Acton is not what I call impressive
He fought Marc-Andre Bourdon (a solid middleweight) this season and won the fight easily. But, we'll see how good of a fighter he is this season.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:31 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
fair enough. i like what i hear about the kid. think he's gonna be a pain in the ass to play against for the Bruins for years to come. in a beefed up northeast and eastern conference, fighting wise, he'll certainly have plenty of chances to prove what he can do with the gloves off
He's a very good power forward. I would love him on the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Chara's fought five times in the past three seasons, and Jody Shelly's been his only heavyweight opponent. While Chara/Scott is a pretty even matchup, I don't think it will be consistent enough to prevent Thornton/Scott from happening as well, and Thornton's habit of running around with impunity against the Sabres in the recent past will likely put him in Scott's sights.

Regehr only really fought because he was the closest thing to a heavy with Gaustad occupied or McCormick concussed. I think the presence of Scott, Foligno and Ott will insulate him a bit more than last season.

Quote:
Lucic-Regehr--Lucic
Boychuk-Foligno--very intrigued by foligno, but until he fights someone tough in the NHL edge Boychuk
Horton-Weber--draw
No real arguments with the analysis, although some of the matchups are kinda iffy. I'd put money on Scott/Thornton happening as much or more than Chara/Scott, for example, although I understand why you have that scrap as a thing.

Quote:

I actually think it might be more the other way around. Scott is more than capable of pulling double duty against Chara and Thornton, but Boston's depth is freakin nuts. McQuaid + Boychuk getting to pick their spots is something no other team in the league can boast. With everyone healthy (a rarity in McCormick and Kaleta's case), Buffalo can attempt to match that, but they still have mismatches like Kaleta/McQuaid built into the fabric of their games.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
yohan1212

MacDermid should make boston this year as the 13th foward. He would beat anyone on buffalo not named Scott. Scott would have trouble with all of Chara, thornton, and Lucic. Extremely overrated considering his fight card. I hope Boston -Buff games get intense. BUffalo doesnt have the manpower to deal with :

Thornton
Lucic
Chara
Macdermid
Mcquaid
Horton
Ference
Boychuck.

Let alone all will be regular players except for Macdermid.

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Prust will kick Lucic's *** the first time the Bruins and habs meet and then next game Chara will get taught a lesson and Prust will beat the **** out of him to.
Although I am a big Prust fan I highly doubt he will kick Lucic or Chara's ass. One of the few fights he lost pretty decisively last season was against Lucic.

Will be fun watching him try though.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:41 PM
LeanBeef

Man, I wish Clowe would get traded to Buffalo and take on Lucic or fight Thornton again. That would be sick...

I'm also pretty sure that when Scott was with the Rangers Chara didn't accept his invite, however Scott didn't accept Thorntons.

Anyways, I have a feeling the Sabres and Bruins will have a huge line brawl this year. Ott and Kaleta seems even more annoying then Burrows and Lapierre. Not to mention, they also have guys like Finley, Scott, Foligno, and Tropp.

LeanBeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
MacDermid should make boston this year as the 13th foward. He would beat anyone on buffalo not named Scott. Scott would have trouble with all of Chara, thornton, and Lucic. Extremely overrated considering his fight card. I hope Boston -Buff games get intense. BUffalo doesnt have the manpower to deal with :
Lucic beat Carkner and Erskine on points, with decisive losses to Orr and Erskine. He's not beating Scott. Thornton has lost repeatedly to Mike Rupp because of Rupp's size advantage. Chara is whatever and that bout will end in a wrestling match.

Please take the homer glasses off, you have no idea what you're talking about.

And how are decisive wins against Parros, Engelland, etc a mediocre fight card? Good god, get better at this.

Last edited by struckbyaparkedcar: 01-13-2013 at 07:18 PM.
struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:12 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
If Chara fights Scott he is a fool. He has no reason to, nor will he ever. Win or lose, it would be a waste of 5 minutes and the potential to hurt a finger, hand, shoulder, knee...whatever. Imagine losing him for 2 months or more because of Scott.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:25 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Lucic beat Carkner and Erskine on points, with decisive losses to Orr and Erskine. He's not beating Scott. Thornton has lost repeatedly to Mike Rupp because of Rupp's size advantage. Chara is whatever and that bout will end in a wrestling match.

Please take the homer glasses off, you have no idea what you're talking about.

And how are decisive wins against Parros, Engelland, etc a mediocre fight card? Good god, get better at this.
more like a draw in their last fight and a defeat in their first

Old
01-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Alicat
Charge!

This thread needs more Dennis "German Hammer" Seidenberg.

Looking forward to Komisarek getting speed bagged by Looch again.

Ott needs to fight fair this time. Using your wrist guard to slice a guy's face for leverage is a dirtbag move.

John Scott has no business being in the league.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:42 AM
bearcountry17

vCash: 160
I would prefer that the Bruins only fight guys that can skate a regular shift. Why fight Scott? Take advantage of the fact that they are down a regular skater and beat them on the board.
As much as i love fighting in hockey and believe it belongs in the sport. We have nothing to prove to Buffalo, the important thing is getting those 2 points and having anyone in the box with Scott is a disadvantage to our team and hurts our chances of winning.

bearcountry17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:04 PM
m0rieris

Bruins trade back for this enforcer and no team will be willing to drop the gloves, especially not Mr O'Byre here.

m0rieris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Definitely Prust. The balls on that guy are massive. He'd fight anyone in the league even if he's going to lose.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:

You talking about how he has the endurance to survive a long fight and it was White who was holding on at the end, gasping for breath? Boychuk won'y beat up a goon, but he will do fine against an average opponent.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:46 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
You talking about how he has the endurance to survive a long fight and it was White who was holding on at the end, gasping for breath? Boychuk won'y beat up a goon, but he will do fine against an average opponent.
He's decent at fighting, but I don't think he has what it takes to beat Marcus Foligno in a fight.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post

Thornton
Lucic
Chara
Macdermid
Mcquaid
Horton
Ference
Boychuck.

Let alone all will be regular players except for Macdermid.
Not sure that list is correct: Horton, Ference and Boychuck could be beatean by non-fighters, they are more willing fighters than intimidating. The rest is pretty impressive, McQuaid, Thornton and Lucic can take on anyone in the league. Luckily for all of us Thornton is getting old.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote