HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM intersted in MDZ

Old
01-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Fowler's contract doesn't begin until the 2013-2014 season. He's still on his ELC for this season. That alone adds to the value. Combine that with the 5 year length, and the value is a lot closer than you're allowing.
The example is based on Del Zotto's actual deal and if, instead, he had signed a 5 year deal where the 50% rule held (that being that on a contract that takes a player from RFA years into UFA years, the UFA years are worth 50% more than the RFA years. Prime example: the Marc Staal contract). Cam Fowler's deal is practically identical to Staal's in circumstance. Sather just paid him each year what the value of the player is in that year while Anaheim's GM paid Fowler each year what he's worth for the whole deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
All players eventually are.

In the end, Fowler will still have 4 years left on his contract, when MDZ is looking for his next payday.
My point was that Fowler's value to his team is such that he's worth near $3.5m as an RFA on his second deal. He gets more on the contract. because he signed the one extra UFA year. He gets more than MDZ because MDZ is not the future of the Rangers defense. Del Zotto's value to the Rangers is clearly not as high as Fowler's is to the Ducks, based on what they're paying him this year.

As for MDZ's next pay day... it'll be his third contract. Don't be surprised to see him sign a 5 year deal at that point with UFA value for 4 years of it. At that point, there will still be 3 years left on his deal when Fowler is looking for his next payday. In other words, that point is irrelevant.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:59 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Oilers won't be able to afford Yakupov at the end of his ELC. Unless RNH and Schultz take a home town discount. Spending 30 million on 5 players leaves you with 35 for 15... Probably a total of 6 million in net by then so 29 million for 14 more skaters. And that's with one high priced d-man. Tambo has some choices to make.
So you are saying the cap will be the same in 3 years ? No ,this is Yakupov first year and that if he stays with the team . so we have 2 years after this to see where the cap is

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:04 PM
supert

[QUOTE=NYR Boyler87;57437819]I didn't say it was unfair. All I meant by it is that the Rangers look primed to compete for years to come. Do you think Sather would worry about losing a 1st if that pick was going to be 25+? Offer Eberle, RNH, Hall or Yakupov a nice contract, if Edmonton matches, great on them, they have a smaller internal cap than the Rangers.[/QUO

Edmonton got a smaller internal cap ? Where do you come up with this stuff ? Must pull it out of your ass . Edmonton will spent to the cap . They are building threw the draft and will finish off their rebuild and then spend to the cap to compete for a cup

Old
01-13-2013, 03:10 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I don't think many teams want to get into an offer sheet match with Glen Sather and the Rangers. Dolan has almost limitless pockets.
The Rangers has unlimited pockets ? The cap does not apply to them ? Must be new . New CBA is made to favor the Rangers ? Sorry i missed that

Maybe you did not know there are alot of teams that will spend to the cap ....Oilers being one of them .

Old
01-13-2013, 03:24 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
You criticize him for spelling Stepan wrong and then spell Schultz wrong...

I was going to write a detailed explanation as to why you are wrong but it would just further derail this thread. And my comments would end up being deleted by a MOD anyway.

Schultz can prove his worth all by himself.

Seems to me, people are just very angry that he chose a small market over some major cities....that must sting.
I am an Oiler fan . I have to ask why this would sting the Rangers ? The Rangers are fine and can get RFA any time they set their mind to it . Not all like big cities . If i was an NHLer i would not play in NY , LA , Toronto ,Montreal and more , but that is me . I like cities that are about Calgary or Edmonton size . Plus hockey players want to win and they will , as a rule go where their chance of winning is the best

Old
01-13-2013, 04:10 PM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am an Oiler fan . I have to ask why this would sting the Rangers ? The Rangers are fine and can get RFA any time they set their mind to it . Not all like big cities . If i was an NHLer i would not play in NY , LA , Toronto ,Montreal and more , but that is me . I like cities that are about Calgary or Edmonton size . Plus hockey players want to win and they will , as a rule go where their chance of winning is the best

Guess it's time to pile into NYC then.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
No you're not the one getting it. We have already accepted the fact that your big guns are more valuable than MDZ. There's nothing wrong with stating a fact like this. We're not upset MDZ is not valuable enough to fetch these guys.

What we've been trying to explain to you, is, unless one of those guys are involved, there is absolutely no incentive for us to trade MDZ.
If you got it you wouldn't keep posting crap like RNH for MDZ+ or bothering to defend it. Edmonton fans understand we don't have the spare parts to aquire MDZ and haven't been making offers for him. It's continually offers from NYR fans trying to pry RNH or Hall away for MDZ + other parts NYR can afford to do witout given their current team.

Edmonton and NY are in 2 different areas and don't make good trade partners. That's all Edm fans have been saying because MDZ isn't a 1st line D which is the only thing we would trade one of our top players for. Since NYR won't offer one there's no incentive for us to part with such a valuable commodity as a 1st line center who will likely be a franchise player.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:50 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
As per Eklund, EDM is interested in MDZ.
MDZ had a very good year last year but the year before was in the minors, you have to worry about one good year as many hockey players had a good year never to repeat it again.

Is MDZ the type of dman EDM needs, I don't think so I think they need a big rugged dman.

What do you think and if so what would it take, and remember Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak and Schultz are untouchable?
from trade deadline on:
we had
Smid-Petry
Whitney-N. schultz
Peckham-potter.
Dubnyk was 1.85GA 941SV%
.750 win%
the best goalie in the League.

So do you think the oilers want J. schultz in potters spot or trade for MDZ to fill that spot.

Man this Ekland idea is a beauty.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:53 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
[/b]

Guess it's time to pile into NYC then.
We've been hearing this from NY ever since they won their first cup with Oilers V2.0

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:16 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
If you got it you wouldn't keep posting crap like RNH for MDZ+ or bothering to defend it. Edmonton fans understand we don't have the spare parts to aquire MDZ and haven't been making offers for him. It's continually offers from NYR fans trying to pry RNH or Hall away for MDZ + other parts NYR can afford to do witout given their current team.

Edmonton and NY are in 2 different areas and don't make good trade partners. That's all Edm fans have been saying because MDZ isn't a 1st line D which is the only thing we would trade one of our top players for. Since NYR won't offer one there's no incentive for us to part with such a valuable commodity as a 1st line center who will likely be a franchise player.
Hmm!
One fan group trying to get talent for lesser value.
That is TRAFAT on HFB.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:23 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post

There's been a few people who are out to lunch when asking for RNH, yeah. There's been just as many Gagner+ for MDZ.

AFAIK, only one person has asked for Hall and he is either the world's biggest troll or just doesn't understand trading. Either way, you'll soon recognize the fact that you should ignore any trade proposal that spans several pages on your screen, includes players both teams no longer have and/or have as much value as my pinky, Taylor Hall, half the rangers defense and maybe a third team thrown in for some reason, where everyone's stars go somewhere else.

There's been many from both sides who suggested MDZ+a good piece (one of our better prospects, maybe) for Yakupov. Both sides acknowledged a deal like this was highly unlikely, but that's around the value it would take for it to work for both sides without either lowering the Rangers' current team nor taking any current stars on the Oilers off. That's not unreasonable, although as both sides said, highly unlikely.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
from trade deadline on:
we had
Smid-Petry
Whitney-N. schultz
Peckham-potter.
Dubnyk was 1.85GA 941SV%
.750 win%
the best goalie in the League.

So do you think the oilers want J. schultz in potters spot or trade for MDZ to fill that spot.

Man this Ekland idea is a beauty.
From the trade deadline on the Oilers were 7-9-4