HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

UPDATE: Coyotes Looking For 2nd Line Center. Rumored To Be Toronto's Matt Lombardi

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 12:36 PM
mitch27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkeater View Post
Philly gets Keith Yandle, Michael Stone

Phoenix receives: Matt Read, Jacob Voracek, Scott Laughton and 1st round pick in 2013

Philly receive a quality puck moving defensemen in Yandle and a good young defensive prospect in Michael Stone who's ready to step up right now.

Phoenix receives: Two young offensive forwards that could help them a lot with their top 6. A legitimate prospect in Scott Laughton and a 1st round pick in 2013 in a deep draft.

What are your thoughts guys? Is it too much to pay for Phoenix or Philly? Remember that a player like Yandle will cost much so Philly will have to give. Philly gets a very good defensemen in Yandle and a great prospect in Stone. Two spots filled for their D and ready to go for the season!
This is the only offer that made me look twice. This is very, very close. I think switch Stone with Summers and I'd probably be alright with it.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:53 PM
OT OEL

i just cant see moving Yandle for anything more than an absolute WOW trade

Old
01-13-2013, 01:56 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
The opportunity to move Yandle would only come if Phoenix felt they had the internal capacity (Gormely, Rundblad, Stone) to replace those minutes. Stone is NHL ready (unlikely to be included), Rundblad is close, and Gormely should spend the full year in the AHL. I don't believe there would be much interest in Whitney. Hemsky might be of interest but Phoenix would demand more long term assets with high end potential up front.

It's a hard trade scenario but I think an overpayment of Hemsky, Gagner, and MPS is what I would likely need to consider before I would pull the trigger on a player like Yandle. Not sure what else up front Phoenix would include to make cash and total number of contracts work. Of course this assumes that those three names would work in a Dave Tippett system which I'm not sold on.
There is no way that I am trading Hemsky, Gagner and MPS for Yandle, EDM needs a more physical dman not another puck mover that can't function when the fwds are hitting him hard like Yandle proved in the playoffs.

I would go after a smaller deal. I would do a deal around Gormley.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Something around Hemsky and Whitney for Yandle? Phoenix gets offense, and still gets a good replacement defenseman back to fill in Yandle's spot for a year, or longer if they extend him. Oilers get the better player, but if Phoenix re-signs Whitney, they get more depth who is still top end talent.
Hemsky and Whitney for Yandle, if Whitney comes back healthy this year he is a better over all dman than Yandle, you crazy.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:00 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
i just cant see moving Yandle for anything more than an absolute WOW trade
Why is it every proposal someone always states that the individual is only going to be move in a WOW trade or for a huge over payment. Almost never happens. A WOW trade would be Yandle in a package for a Stamkos, Crosby, Giroux or someone like that.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Why is it every proposal someone always states that the individual is only going to be move in a WOW trade or for a huge over payment. Almost never happens. A WOW trade would be Yandle in a package for a Stamkos, Crosby, Giroux or someone like that.
No. That's a blockbuster. A wow trade is a trade that neither team could say no to.

Example:
STL trades former 1st overall pick Eric Johnson to COL for Kevin Shattenkirk and Chris Stewart.

At the time, neither team could say no to it.

If we are going to trade Yandle, we aren't looking for Stamkos, or Ovechkin. We're not stupid. However, we expect a return we wouldn't really have to think too hard about. Any team receiving Yandle wouldn't have to think too hard. They know they are getting a number one, damn good offensive defensman. We are NOT going to take a 3rd line winger, a B level prospect, and a mid draft pick. If you make a proposal that you are completely satisfied with to get a top player, you are most likely way off on value. You have to give to get. If the Coyotes trade Yandle, we are definitely giving. We better get something worthwhile.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Yashin for President

would love Yandle on the Isles. Would Moulson and a 1st 2013 get it done? Ill probably get ripped by Isles fans for this but Yandle is a beast and worth every penny. Also, Moulson is the only other player besides JT that is a legit goal scorer. Doubt it would ever happen but the value is definitely there.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
would love Yandle on the Isles. Would Moulson and a 1st 2013 get it done? Ill probably get ripped by Isles fans for this but Yandle is a beast and worth every penny. Also, Moulson is the only other player besides JT that is a legit goal scorer. Doubt it would ever happen but the value is definitely there.
See now there's value. I would be a tad bit reluctant, but if i were GMDM you would definitely get me thinking.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Yashin for President

Right now the market for a top pairing defenseman is higher than it has ever been in a while. Just imagine what the price would be at the trade deadline? Yotes are stacked on D and could cash in soon. I see the Oilers as the best trade partner.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:40 PM
wingfan

Tomas Tatar for David Rundblad straight up?

Old
01-13-2013, 03:42 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Interested in Stempniak back?

Old
01-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Maloney says deal on table, waiting for other team to say yes. Speculate away. Looking for a number 2 scoring center

Old
01-13-2013, 04:03 PM
ExOilerFan

vCash: 50
Gagner

Old
01-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
Ryan O'Reilly + something for Yandle?

Old
01-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Exit Dose

Yandle for O'Reilly?

Old
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Yandle for O'Reilly?
Beat ya to it.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Maloney says deal on table, waiting for other team to say yes. Speculate away. Looking for a number 2 scoring center
Somehow I have a feeling this guy is going to be involved:

Old
01-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
How much you want to bet its pleks.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkeater View Post
Philly gets Keith Yandle, Michael Stone

Phoenix receives: Matt Read, Jacob Voracek, Scott Laughton and 1st round pick in 2013

Philly receive a quality puck moving defensemen in Yandle and a good young defensive prospect in Michael Stone who's ready to step up right now.

Phoenix receives: Two young offensive forwards that could help them a lot with their top 6. A legitimate prospect in Scott Laughton and a 1st round pick in 2013 in a deep draft.

What are your thoughts guys? Is it too much to pay for Phoenix or Philly? Remember that a player like Yandle will cost much so Philly will have to give. Philly gets a very good defensemen in Yandle and a great prospect in Stone. Two spots filled for their D and ready to go for the season!
I think that's actually a pretty good trade for both teams.

01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

UPDATE:
@cmorgancbsfoxaz: #Coyotes GM Don Maloney said he had hoped to have a trade done for a forward today but the trade partner wasn't ready to say yes.

@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Maloney said top priority is to find a C. No. 2, scoring.

(KennyM18) tweeted at 1:55
@cmorgancbsfoxaz did he say the deal was nixed? Or is he still waiting on an answer? You think a deal happens today? Thanks!

(cmorgancbsfoxaz) tweeted
@KennyM18 still possible

Old
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

your 1st would likely be 20-24 so would macarthur+ be enough to pry it away? we could then move kuliemin up to line 2 frattin gets spot on the 3rd

lombardi for a late pick

Old
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Kershaw

Yup also suspecting O'Reilly and a pick for Yandle.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:30 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

These teams that 'aren't ready' to make moves have had 8 months...

Old
01-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Yup also suspecting O'Reilly and a pick for Yandle.
I'm sorry, i like O'Reilly, but i dont think Yandle gets traded for a second line center. Even if O'Reilly come with add ons, Yandle is a number one defenseman, and our nost attractive trade bait. If we trade away Yandle, i believe it will be for a number one center straight up, or Yandle+ for a number one center.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:34 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I'm sorry, i like O'Reilly, but i dont think Yandle gets traded for a second line center. Even if O'Reilly come with add ons, Yandle is a number one defenseman, and our nost attractive trade bait. If we trade away Yandle, i believe it will be for a number one center straight up, or Yandle+ for a number one center.
Not as a UFA.

Closed Thread