HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Various Minnesota trade prosposals...

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 07:01 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Various Minnesota trade prosposals...

Minnesota has argubly one of the worst defensives out there now for some odd reason. Mitchell has been down and out for a bit and he might be out for longer. Schultz has regressed and it's up in the air with him. Bombardir will have a good game and then fall off the map. Brown too. Kuba and Zyuzin also get that one bad penalty per game.

Some of these trades might be off the wall but the Wild need 1) both a shakeup 2) and start looking toward the future!

(Note: Don't blast me Wild fans, I am just throwing out ideas, I love our players but WE ARE MISSING SOMETHING!)

All right onto the deals

To Minnesota
Chris Therian

To Philadelphia
A conditional draft pick

I know Therian was stuck on waivers but at the time, Minnesota wasn't looking for any defensemen at the time. Therian is the odd man out in Philadelphia right?

To Minnesota
Brian Campbell

To Buffalo
Brad Brown, A Mid-Range draft pick

Buffalo needs a defensemen from Brown is what I'm gathering. Minnesota needs a defensemen like Campbell, who can move the puck. I think the pick would be around a 3rd or a 4th, I can't tell the value on someone like Campbell.

To Minnesota
Johnny Boychuk

To Colorado
Wes Walz, 2nd or 3rd Round Draft Pick

Chalk this one up as a fantasy but Colorado needs a cheap shut down center, while Forsberg and a couple of their other players nurse themselves back to health. Minnesota needs to stock themselves up on good defensive prospects.

To Minnesota
Jan Platil

To Ottawa
Kyle Wanvig

We got one of your prospects, Chris Bala, why not another one? Ottawa could use a physical forward like Wanvig, who is making a case for himself but is finding his room being diminished as Foy and Burns and Weimer insert themselves ahead of him on the depth chart. I really don't know what Plantil's stock is since no one around here talks about him much but I'm guessing around Wanvig's level. Ottawa also has a glut of defensemen no?

Well, ummm I'll expand on this later...

Old
12-12-2003, 06:52 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
To Minnesota
Brian Campbell

To Buffalo

Buffalo needs a defensemen from Brown is what I'm gathering. Minnesota needs a defensemen like Campbell, who can move the puck. I think the pick would be around a 3rd or a 4th, I can't tell the value on someone like Campbell.

I'd make that trade. That draft pick could even be a bit lower.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Takeo

Quote:
To Buffalo

Looks good from a B-Lo perspective! Salaries are basically even.

And I agree with Ruck, you could make it Brown + 5th for Campbell.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:34 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
To Minnesota
Johnny Boychuk

To Colorado
make it a 2nd, and done.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

To Minny: Derrick Walser
To C-bus: 5th round pick

Old
12-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Phaze

Quote:
To Minnesota
Johnny Boychuk

To Colorado

Chalk this one up as a fantasy but Colorado needs a cheap shut down center, while Forsberg and a couple of their other players nurse themselves back to health. Minnesota needs to stock themselves up on good defensive prospects.
Seeing as Boychuk was a late 2nd rounder in 2002, I'm not really sure what he has done that makes him potentially cost a better 2nd rounder AND a very useful playoff guy in Walz. If Minny wants to move Walz, I bet they can get a guy like Boychuk for him straight up from a playoff team looking to add leadership and defense from the 3rd line. Maybe I am wrong, but thats how I see it.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:58 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Minnesota has argubly one of the worst defensives out there now for some odd reason. Mitchell has been down and out for a bit and he might be out for longer. Schultz has regressed and it's up in the air with him. Bombardir will have a good game and then fall off the map. Brown too. Kuba and Zyuzin also get that one bad penalty per game.

Some of these trades might be off the wall but the Wild need 1) both a shakeup 2) and start looking toward the future!

(Note: Don't blast me Wild fans, I am just throwing out ideas, I love our players but WE ARE MISSING SOMETHING!)

All right onto the deals

To Minnesota
Chris Therien

To Philadelphia
A conditional draft pick

I know Therien was stuck on waivers but at the time, Minnesota wasn't looking for any defensemen at the time. Therian is the odd man out in Philadelphia right?
That deal may have been possible in October, when Therien was he odd man out, but he has regained his spot among the top 6. It would take more than a conditional pick to obtain him at this point.

A better bet for Minnsota would be to try and make a trade for Dennis Seidenberg. Good young defenseman, played 55 games in the NHL last year, and has been a big reason why the Philadelphia Phantoms have the best PP in the AHL.

He's not in the NHL due to his play regressing, but due to the fact that Pitkanen came over to the NHL, and the Flyers need Vandermeer's toughness more than Siedenberg's skill.

Dennis is more than NHL ready, good skater, big shot. Think of a poor man's Brian Rafalski at this point.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
That deal may have been possible in October, when Therien was he odd man out, but he has regained his spot among the top 6. It would take more than a conditional pick to obtain him at this point.

A better bet for Minnsota would be to try and make a trade for Dennis Seidenberg. Good young defenseman, played 55 games in the NHL last year, and has been a big reason why the Philadelphia Phantoms have the best PP in the AHL.

He's not in the NHL due to his play regressing, but due to the fact that Pitkanen came over to the NHL, and the Flyers need Vandermeer's toughness more than Siedenberg's skill.

Dennis is more than NHL ready, good skater, big shot. Think of a poor man's Brian Rafalski at this point.
I mostly agree with what you say here. Minn would be wise to look into acquiring Dennis, but he's a very poor man's Rafaslki.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:21 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut
I mostly agree with what you say here. Minn would be wise to look into acquiring Dennis, but he's a very poor man's Rafaslki.
Obviously Seidenberg is not on Rafalski's level yet, the point was they play very similar styles.

Rafalski is 30, Seidenberg is just 22.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:27 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
1) I thought Boychuk was going to be an important part of Colorado's new defense. They are overloaded. I guess Walz for Boychuk straightup wouldn't be bad for either team but I thought Johnny had a little more value than a 30ish checking center.

2) I would love to acquire someone like Dennis but he's might be a little hard to acquire for the right price from Philadelphia.

3) All right, sounds good on Brown and Campbell.

4) Uhhh Walser...Kay, might work Who is Walser?

Old
12-12-2003, 10:32 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:

2) I would love to acquire someone like Dennis but he's might be a little hard to acquire for the right price from Philadelphia.
Flyers would be looking for one of the following

good wing prospect

at least a 2nd round pick

or something like Flyers #1 & Seidenberg for Minnesota's #1

Old
12-12-2003, 10:34 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Minnesota probably won't trade their number 1, they are probably and hopefully going to pick up Barker or O'Neill with that pick...

As for a second it could be done, but Minnesota rarely gives up their picks that high...they usually give up a third...

As for good prospect wingers...

Well we could do a combination of a good third line winger and a pick LOL

Closed Thread