HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 10:54 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Zykov is so good. And he's more engaged physically now than when he came over. Love his improvement. Only question is his ceiling.

Old
01-13-2013, 06:04 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Morin is improving during the season...scouts like to see that from a big prospect,especially a 6-7 one - he is raw and is certainly a project, but he could be quite a force when he's filled out.

He played pretty well in Hull - skates well for a 6-7 dman his age and he's got a mean streak in him..the main thing is that he wants to move guys out from in front of the net even if he doesn't always succeed at this point, also not afraid to use his stick to remind the guy he's there, and he can fight.

I can see him being a tough SOB to play against in three or four years if he gains the necessary strength. He's not going to be a rushing defenceman that runs your power play...but he was keeping it simple and getting the puck on teammates' sticks for the most part that night. I could picture him paired with Tinordi in a few years, and being quite effective. Mind you I also picture Diaby with Tinordi....Lucic would have his hands full with either of those pairings.

Morin would be a riser..starting to hear some whispers that if the improvement continues he'll be considered in the first round - I don't see it at this point, but safe to say that if he doesn't revert to early season form someone will take a flyer on him in the second round, perhaps the top 40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I didn't like that Morin went for the KO on Etchegary, was a great show of nastiness but he could have just pushed him around instead of destroying him. That makes me question his intelligence. I like everything else appart from that.
I would be more than pleased if the Habs draft Morin and Gauthier,Morin's nastiness is a quality the Habs need and yes his intelligence really does bleed through when he pounds the opposition into submission.Gauthier on the other hand can skate like the wind and when he fills out and Morin's nasty streak rubs off on him,Gauthier will start being the player to run the 2nd line and give the Habs two lines that can score and really grind down the opposition's defencemen.When Eller gets into Max Pacioretty type shape the Habs will have three lines like that and the 4th line with Moen,Prust and White the opposition will be looking for a place to hide but in the Bell Centre there will be no respite and all teams in the NHL will despise having to play the Habs once again.Go Habs Go!I think that pretty much spells out how I see the Habs being respected once again.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:15 PM
That

Ryan Kujawinski is heating up. After a poor first half to the season, he currently has 7 points in 6 games this month and 13 in his last 10.

I've always been a fan of him. He's a big, smart, skilled centre, who's still trying to find consistency. He skates real well, great vision, has a hard accurate wrist shot, protects the puck well, and has a decent defensive game. The biggest knock on him is that he simply doesn't look interested enough. Hopefully he has a great second half like he did after he got traded last season.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:23 PM
odishabs

Adam Erne could be in our area. Looks good for our future.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole

Erne - Galchenyuk - Collberg

Old
01-13-2013, 04:07 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Adam Erne could be in our area. Looks good for our future.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole

Erne - Galchenyuk - Collberg
...Future ?

Old
01-13-2013, 04:41 PM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
...Future ?
Gallagher**

Old
01-13-2013, 05:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Gallagher**
I mix those two up all the time.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:37 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Zykov is so good. And he's more engaged physically now than when he came over. Love his improvement. Only question is his ceiling.
skating as well, if he was quicker he would likely be ranked in the first round. love everything else about his game

Old
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Mats86

Top Prospects Game goes Wednesday night. I like this game as it compares the top draftees against each other. I like it better than the U18 Tourny which is played on International ice and rules.

Ex-Hab Mike McPhee will be coaching Team Orr.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHP View Post
skating as well, if he was quicker he would likely be ranked in the first round. love everything else about his game
You know, I thought about it after my viewings and I think that his speed is a little deceiving. His agility and first steps could use improvements for sure. I think he'd be a great 2nd round.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Dharvey33

Just a quick Question i was in val d'or and got to see both Zlobin and mantha are those two already drafted?

Zlobin is really good fast skater with great hands. I just saw a 6th rounder by the pens that might be a steal.

Mantha is elligible i think i think he could also be a good addition to the habs this year.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85643

New CBA mid term list.

ISS also has their mid term one out.

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30-...d-for-january/

Old
01-15-2013, 09:52 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
ISS also has their mid term one out.

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30-...d-for-january/
Lazar is still too high. No reason to have him ahead of Shinkaruk, Erne and even Gauthier at this point.

Also no Mantha in the first round is pretty bewildering.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:01 AM
blueberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Lazar is still too high. No reason to have him ahead of Shinkaruk, Erne and even Gauthier at this point.

It would be nice if we could grab him with a second rounder. I hope it stays that way.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

Murphy at #110 and Dea at 181 is way out to lunch.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:26 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Duclair shouldn't be in the 1st round. I like a lot of forwards in this draft outside the top 5... Burakowsky, Zykov, Wennberg are still interesting names we could add to the prospect list.

If we go D in 1st round it's Ristolainen or bust for me (assuming we don't have a shot at Jones).

Old
01-15-2013, 10:33 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Duclair shouldn't be in the 1st round. I like a lot of forwards in this draft outside the top 5... Burakowsky, Zykov, Wennberg are still interesting names we could add to the prospect list.

If we go D in 1st round it's Ristolainen or bust for me (assuming we don't have a shot at Jones).
Don't like Pulock? I've never seen him play.

I've been on the Erne bandwagon for a while now. He stands out everytime I watch him.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:35 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Don't like Pulock? I've never seen him play.

I've been on the Erne bandwagon for a while now. He stands out everytime I watch him.
I like Erne. He certainly implicates himself in the play. However, I worry about him being able to produce at a high clip at the NHL. I see him as a 2nd-3rd line tweener offensively.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:43 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Murphy at #110 and Dea at 181 is way out to lunch.
I was talking about ISS, so your comments confused me at first.

Vincent Dunn is 53rd on CSS, I'd love the Habs to get him. I wish he was bigger but he likes to hit, likes to fight, and is producing at a good clip this year. On the other hand, if he were bigger, he'd be a first rounder.

I still think Lipon deserves better than 96. And I agree that Murphy is very low.

I'm still on the fence about Dea. I think he's probably a 4th rounder. The odds are against him.

No Sven Andrighetto in the top 210? I know he's been passed over twice but he made a believer out of me when I saw him.

Last edited by hototogisu: 01-15-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old
01-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Andrighetto deserves way more consideration than some of the "typical" overagers, agreed... Other older players who don't skate that well might amass impressive numbers (like Dea, say), but the skating is such a big factor in how they progress at the next levels... (I only saw Dea in the SSS, tho and Andrighetto WJC, plus one TV game where I wasn't really watching closely)... so maybe I'm underrating Dea?

Old
01-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Andrighetto deserves way more consideration than some of the "typical" overagers, agreed... Other older players who don't skate that well might amass impressive numbers (like Dea, say), but the skating is such a big factor in how they progress at the next levels... (I only saw Dea in the SSS, tho and Andrighetto WJC, plus one TV game where I wasn't really watching closely)... so maybe I'm underrating Dea?
Andrighetto should have been our 7th rounder last year. Can't speak against Nystrom 'cause I've never seen him play but was wishing so hard to get Andrighetto....

Wow at Gauthier at 7. I like the kid....a lot.....But that's too high right now. First rounder? Absolutely...but 7?

Old
01-15-2013, 11:46 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Wow at Gauthier at 7. I like the kid....a lot.....But that's too high right now. First rounder? Absolutely...but 7?
Backs up what Grant was saying earlier about how the scouts have really come around to him and he should start to be looked at as a top ten pick.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Andrighetto should have been our 7th rounder last year. Can't speak against Nystrom 'cause I've never seen him play but was wishing so hard to get Andrighetto....

7 in NA

They don't have guys like Lindholm, Barkov, Risto etc... in that list.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

7 puts him 12-15 overall as it's a solid Euro draft. Not that far off.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Lebowski

Rismouki is going to be the Seadogs circa 2010 2.0 in the next few years, and Gauthier will probably be their go-to guy. He'll get a bunch of experience playing on deep playoff runs and maybe even contend for the memorial cup.

Definitely a prospect that has grown on me. If we draft top 5, I wish Bergevin will make a move to be able to take him in the mid-first round as well (while keeping the top 5 pick, obviously).

Closed Thread