HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 05:24 PM
  #51
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,903
vCash: 145
Awards:
We should grab MacIntyre and try to waive him after the season starts. Hartford could use him.

Some of the other guys would help the Whale, too. Drazenovic, Maroon for example. Leggio or Thiessen would be good since Stajcer and Missiaen are terrible.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 05:33 PM
  #52
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We should grab MacIntyre and try to waive him after the season starts. Hartford could use him.

Some of the other guys would help the Whale, too. Drazenovic, Maroon for example. Leggio or Thiessen would be good since Stajcer and Missiaen are terrible.
Leggio isn't going to be moved from the Amerks

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 05:53 PM
  #53
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,903
vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Leggio isn't going to be moved from the Amerks
He's on waivers though.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:08 PM
  #54
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Don't see Slats doing anything any time soon. Would like to see McBain for Skjei/McIlrath + 3rd but I doubt it happens.

MacTruck is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:18 PM
  #55
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,747
vCash: 500
Montreal released Gomez

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:19 PM
  #56
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He's on waivers though.
House keeping move, no one's claiming. The contracts were voided on him and two others per Sabres board.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:16 PM
  #57
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,990
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Big Mac was a Ranger and they had no use for him a point that scares me.. The Rangers had and let go Eric Boulton , Big Mac , Francis Lessard ,PJ Stock , S. Blouin , Eric Carins and tons of other NHL tough guys. Some could play others flat out sucked but this is the worst the Rangers have ever been with toughness in ths system and now we need it not to have our 1 pick and standout D/man fighting goons..

Dagoon44 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:32 PM
  #58
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Big Mac was a Ranger and they had no use for him a point that scares me.. The Rangers had and let go Eric Boulton , Big Mac , Francis Lessard ,PJ Stock , S. Blouin , Eric Carins and tons of other NHL tough guys. Some could play others flat out sucked but this is the worst the Rangers have ever been with toughness in ths system and now we need it not to have our 1 pick and standout D/man fighting goons..
This is the worst? Please tell me how. Because not every player fights? They plenty of big bodies who are tough. Rupp, Bickel, Boyle, and even Asham will fight if necessary. And you have guys like Pyatt, Callahan, and even Nash up front. Mcdonagh, Girardi, Staal all play physical games. We don't need goons who cant skate or play the game taking space on the roster to fight once every 10 games. Getting tired of hearing about dropping the gloves.

RGY is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:48 PM
  #59
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
This is the worst? Please tell me how. Because not every player fights? They plenty of big bodies who are tough. Rupp, Bickel, Boyle, and even Asham will fight if necessary. And you have guys like Pyatt, Callahan, and even Nash up front. Mcdonagh, Girardi, Staal all play physical games. We don't need goons who cant skate or play the game taking space on the roster to fight once every 10 games. Getting tired of hearing about dropping the gloves.
I think our team is plenty tough too. We don't need to drop the gloves a lot, especially during a shortened season. Pyatt, Rupp, Asham, Bickel, Boyle will all drop them fairly willingly. Cally and Nash will if needed. All just like you said, and like you said, we're a physical team. Kreider, Stepan and Hagelin can all play physical. Even MDZ and Stralman aren't afraid to throw the body, though obviously to a lesser extent. I think we're a pretty physical team, top to bottom, with only Richards and Gaborik not being noticeably physical.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
  #60
Cruxial
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
This is the worst? Please tell me how. Because not every player fights? They plenty of big bodies who are tough. Rupp, Bickel, Boyle, and even Asham will fight if necessary. And you have guys like Pyatt, Callahan, and even Nash up front. Mcdonagh, Girardi, Staal all play physical games. We don't need goons who cant skate or play the game taking space on the roster to fight once every 10 games. Getting tired of hearing about dropping the gloves.
Dagoon, said "in the system." He wasn't referring to the guys that we have at the NHL level.

Cruxial is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:51 PM
  #61
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,990
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruxial View Post
Dagoon, said "in the system." He wasn't referring to the guys that we have at the NHL level.
Thank you very much for Reading the post Cruxial.. Jesus guys season didn't start and u all jumping up on the fighting crap already? I said in system to protect younger guys

Dagoon44 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:52 PM
  #62
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,990
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Getting tired of hearing about dropping the gloves.
Then read the posts not just jump on people

Dagoon44 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:00 PM
  #63
Cruxial
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Just riding shotgun for ya.

Cruxial is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
  #64
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Thank you very much for Reading the post Cruxial.. Jesus guys season didn't start and u all jumping up on the fighting crap already? I said in system to protect younger guys
What younger guys? Who are we focusing on protecting? Do we not have Haley and McIlrath down there. Do we not have some big bodies like Jean down there? Did McIlrath not stick up for Bourque immediately about a week ago? We don't need any goons down there either. We should be focusing on getting AHL players that can play hockey so that you have players you can recall in case of injury.

And yes my post was a little harsh, but I think it was more because of another poster that always mentions fighting.

RGY is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:10 PM
  #65
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
What younger guys? Who are we focusing on protecting? Do we not have Haley and McIlrath down there. Do we not have some big bodies like Jean down there? Did McIlrath not stick up for Bourque immediately about a week ago? We don't need any goons down there either. We should be focusing on getting AHL players that can play hockey so that you have players you can recall in case of injury.

And yes my post was a little harsh, but I think it was more because of another poster that always mentions fighting.
Jean is not a fighter. There are guys in the AHL who have been fighting for years. That is their job. Sometimes when they don't find someone on the other side that can keep them honest, they go a little overboard.

McIlrath can hold his own but he should not be asked to fight any goons. Haley is a good middleweight. Like Prust, he should not take on anyone the size of Boogaard or Parros.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
  #66
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Jean is not a fighter. There are guys in the AHL who have been fighting for years. That is their job. Sometimes when they don't find someone on the other side that can keep them honest, they go a little overboard.

McIlrath can hold his own but he should not be asked to fight any goons. Haley is a good middleweight. Like Prust, he should not take on anyone the size of Boogaard or Parros.
I wasn't saying Jean is a fighter, just that he is a bigger body. I can't imagine that the whole team is small. And judging by the way the season has gone thus far, they need serious help on defense.

RGY is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:21 PM
  #67
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,990
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Jean is not a fighter. There are guys in the AHL who have been fighting for years. That is their job. Sometimes when they don't find someone on the other side that can keep them honest, they go a little overboard.

McIlrath can hold his own but he should not be asked to fight any goons. Haley is a good middleweight. Like Prust, he should not take on anyone the size of Boogaard or Parros.
I agree and here is my point for the PC non fighting tree hugging posters on here

McIlrath should not be playing the role of Goon.. thanks good night

Dagoon44 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:24 PM
  #68
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I agree and here is my point for the PC non fighting tree hugging posters on here

McIlrath should not be playing the role of Goon.. thanks good night
It's not a matter of being PC. It's just you seem to think fighting is more important than scoring, defense, and goaltending. Fighting is probably the least important part of the game.

SnowblindNYR is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
  #69
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Big Mac was a Ranger and they had no use for him a point that scares me.. The Rangers had and let go Eric Boulton , Big Mac , Francis Lessard ,PJ Stock , S. Blouin , Eric Carins and tons of other NHL tough guys. Some could play others flat out sucked but this is the worst the Rangers have ever been with toughness in ths system and now we need it not to have our 1 pick and standout D/man fighting goons..
And wouldnt you know it, the Rangers have their best team in close to 20 years....

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
  #70
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
It's not a matter of being PC. It's just you seem to think fighting is more important than scoring, defense, and goaltending. Fighting is probably the least important part of the game.
The point of the game is to score more than the other team. That's not going to change. Thats a fact. Another fact is that self-policing is still a part of the game so teams should build for that as well.

I don't like having to carry a "goon" but I understand the necessity for it. It's like paying for insurance.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:34 PM
  #71
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The point of the game is to score more than the other team. That's not going to change. Thats a fact. Another fact is that self-policing is still a part of the game so teams should build for that as well.

I don't like having to carry a "goon" but I understand the necessity for it. It's like paying for insurance.
Give me a team that doesn't fight but can score and defend over the other way around any day of the week. How much does the most successful team in the league for over 20 years fight? They didn't fall apart.

SnowblindNYR is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:35 PM
  #72
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind seeing D-Vo back with the Rangers. It would be amazing if he had half the legs he did like 10 years ago.

NYRKING30 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:35 PM
  #73
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The point of the game is to score more than the other team. That's not going to change. Thats a fact. Another fact is that self-policing is still a part of the game so teams should build for that as well.

I don't like having to carry a "goon" but I understand the necessity for it. It's like paying for insurance.
Goons are near extinction, thank goodness. Their presence and lack of skill dilutes the game.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:38 PM
  #74
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Give me a team that doesn't fight but can score and defend over the other way around any day of the week. How much does the most successful team in the league for over 20 years fight? They didn't fall apart.
I get that. The Rangers as an organization are not built like the Wings. And even they decided to bring in Bertuzzi and Tootoo over the past few years. Before that they had McCarty and Shanahan.

I understand the point you are trying to make but will you sing the same tune if McIlrath gets hurt having to fight a goon who cheap shotted Christian Thomas? The Rangers decided not to carry a tough guy for a while. Then they got pushed around and brought up Orr. Since then they have pretty much consistently had a heavy dressed. Most teams do the same.

The Sabres have tried for years to just look the other way and kill the other team on the PP. They have been getting steamrolled by the Bruins for a,few years and decided to bring in Scott and Ott.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:38 PM
  #75
LetterJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Goons are near extinction, thank goodness. Their presence and lack of skill dilutes the game.
Not true. Those that can fight and play the game will always have a role.

LetterJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.