HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz/Goaltending Thread #7

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
I dont think its that big of a stretch.....
i guess not, for you, after seeing:
Quote:
I hope Bryz fails and fails bad.
i just can't take your posts seriously after seeing that, i'm sorry

Old
01-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Brozgalov

Quote:
I dont think its that big of a stretch, ML has out preformed Bryz as a Flyers goaltender. ML's 2010 run was far and away better then what Bryz has shown as Flyer.
You're kidding right? You do realize looking at save percentage and GAA doesn't necessarily mean you're good right? I mean "you people" (read: bryz haters), prove time and time again that Bryz's own stats in Phoenix don't mean anything because of the system... Well you just compared Michael Leightons playoff run... the one where the Flyers had the best Defense we have seen in years, to Bryz's playoff run.. where we had a terrible defensive core and played another offensive team.. I am a fan of Bryz yes, but I can admit he hasn't been good... I do believe that will change and there is no way Michael Leighton will be better in any way...

Old
01-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I see what he means with the buyout...that contract is really bad.

I see no way Leighton outperforms Bryz though.

01-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
That's just plain not true...
whats not true about it ??

if you dont beleive what i wrote thats fine... but that dont make it any less true..

i'd like to think i know whats going on inside my own head, thx.. hahah

Last edited by Flyerfan4life: 01-11-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: good lord my tyoping suks
Old
01-11-2013, 07:01 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
I dont think its that big of a stretch, ML has out preformed Bryz as a Flyers goaltender. ML's 2010 run was far and away better then what Bryz has shown as Flyer (ML chicago series was not good but know where near Byrz's performance in the Penguins series), and I would be willing to bet that ML will have better stats then Bryz this season even with the small amount of games he will get.

Do I think ML is the answer? of course not but 1 year ML at 900,000 is WAY better then Bryz at 8 more years at 5.6. Can you imagine this head case on the books for 5.6 million at 37-40 years old. He cant even preform consistanty right now how would you ever expect him to deliver the goods at 37-40?

As for wanting him to fail, god yes I hope he goes down in flames and quick. Last thing I want is PH to get blinded by a decent season only to see him falter back to mediocrity and miss the window for amnesty buy out. Buy him out and go look for a capable decent goalie at a fair and decent contract, who ever that may be.
dude, your not allowed to be a Flyers fan. If your looking for a team to fail, try those a holes that just fired their G.M 2 seconds before the season. I don't want your pro-leighton, anti- bryzgalov impatient stink all over my team. Call me crazy but i'm looking for one of those Stanely cup parades. we already tried those "fair and decent" (whatever that means considering its all opinion) contracts on lame goalies. You sound like a party to watch a game with. I am kidding by the way. think what you will. i just think it must suck to hate the team that you like. wait, huh?

Last edited by funghoul: 01-11-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old
01-11-2013, 09:27 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Sorry i'm so hostile. They break my heart every year and they'll do it again. i'm like a beaten wife in denial.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

i'm not a fan of Briere.

at NO time would i EVER hope that he fails miserably .... why ?
because that hurts the Flyers

jeezus

Old
01-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

so much for ppl complaining bout ML

Old
01-13-2013, 05:19 PM
ninetynine*

I hope Bryz and Jody Shelley have a great year.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:53 PM
spudnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
I hope Bryz and Jody Shelley have a great year.
Hopefully riding the bench. I can't explain it, I honestly don't think I have detested a Flyer player more than Bryzgalov. I am sure he is a really nice guy to talk to, I have no doubt. I jut cannot get behind this guy. Every shot he faces I feel worried that it will go in. I have Zero confidence in him. I think it's that horrible contract. If he was getting 1/1.5 million a year not for 9 years I could handle it. I just can't handle the fact that he is getting paid elite goalie money but it a below average goaltender who was a product of Dave tippets system. Again look no further than mike smith

Old
01-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Acquizitor

Quote:
I hope Bryz fails and fails bad. I would love for him to have a worse year then last (if thats possible) so PH will have no other choice but to buy this clown out. I then hope he goes to the KHL and fails there to then decides to go to astronaut school and flunks out of that. I cannot wait for the day he is no longer a Flyer, hopefully it will be this summer if not next summer. The guy has an elite goaltender contract and I think its safe to say he is not elite.
lol, he already failed miserably in the KHL this year. Was reading about his "interviews" with the russian press, they all made fun of him and portrayed him as a complete idiot which he is. This guy is sick in his head. And Philly invested into him )) hahaha

Old
01-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

KHL: 12 GP 6-5-0 GAA : 2.13 Sv Pct .913

Think he finished on a 4 game winning streak, consensus was that he was in top form.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:55 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquizitor View Post
lol, he already failed miserably in the KHL this year. Was reading about his "interviews" with the russian press, they all made fun of him and portrayed him as a complete idiot which he is. This guy is sick in his head. And Philly invested into him )) hahaha
no he didn't

he started off slow, but ended his season there very strong

Old
01-14-2013, 08:57 AM
spudnick

Quote:
Thats why I want him to fail. They need to get rid of him and his contract ASAP. I DO NOT want the Flyers to fail, I would love nothing more than Bryz to start off BAD and lose his starting job to whoever (boosh or ML) but as long as he is not between the pipes. If the Flyers can pull off a run like 2010 with Boosh or ML then awesome I'd love it and suppport them all the way.

I cant imagine any senario short of winning a stanley cup and getting the Conn Smythe *Chuckle* that Bryz is a Flyer after the amnesty buy out period. Even if he has a decent year there is no way the Flyers take the chance for 7 more years. Like I said before can you imagine him at 37-40 with a cap hit of 5.6 million. Talk about wasted cap space. And if he retires the cap hit remains, and he's just retarded enough that he would retire mid season because his dog had puppies or something stupid like that.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:07 AM
spudnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
KHL: 12 GP 6-5-0 GAA : 2.13 Sv Pct .913

Think he finished on a 4 game winning streak, consensus was that he was in top form.
So just disregard his first 7 games in the KHL Oct 2011 - March 2012, April and May 2012 because they were not the normal Bryz. New team big contract is the reason he sucked for 95% of last season. The reason for the him sucking in the KHL was bigger ice surface, new team etc...Blah, Blah, Blah.

If he was getting 1.5-2 million a season (what he should be getting paid) and was on a contract for 1 or 2 more years then fine, ride him out see how he does but 5.6 for 8more years, I honestly that is one of the top 3 worse contracts in the league. Talk about stealing money and not being worth anywhere near the value of your contract.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
So just disregard his first 7 games in the KHL
what are you talking about ? are you telling us he played 19 games in the KHL during the lockout ?

his official stats are here:
http://www.quanthockey.com/hockey-st...php?player=728

i'm not disregarding any stats from the KHL, where you classified 12 GP 6-5-0 GAA : 2.13 Sv Pct .913 & finishing on a 4 game winning streak as 'failing miserably'

then again, you are openly rooting for a Flyer to fail this season, which would hurt the team, so every post you make is taken with several large grains of salt

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 01-14-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old
01-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Acquizitor

Quote:
Thats why I want him to fail. They need to get rid of him and his contract ASAP. I DO NOT want the Flyers to fail, I would love nothing more than Bryz to start off BAD and lose his starting job to whoever (boosh or ML) but as long as he is not between the pipes. If the Flyers can pull off a run like 2010 with Boosh or ML then awesome I'd love it and suppport them all the way.

I cant imagine any senario short of winning a stanley cup and getting the Conn Smythe *Chuckle* that Bryz is a Flyer after the amnesty buy out period. Even if he has a decent year there is no way the Flyers take the chance for 7 more years. Like I said before can you imagine him at 37-40 with a cap hit of 5.6 million. Talk about wasted cap space. And if he retires the cap hit remains, and he's just retarded enough that he would retire mid season because his dog had puppies or something stupid like that.

You know the russian press is generally not critical about the "top" hockey players, in fact, they licked all NHL players @ss who returned to play in the KHL during the lockout, but they quickly singled Bryz out, and made complete fun of him, for his failure during the first games of the season, for his idiotic interests in space exploration. They had even noted that his priorities lay somewhere else, but certainly not on ice. His comments have always been as eccentric as they can be, and that in HIS country, where he speaks his native language. He is clearly nuts, clearly emotionally unstable, it shines through him.

Get the hell rid off him Philly, he will ruin another season for you guys.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
He is clearly nuts, clearly emotionally unstable, it shines through him.
thanks, Doctor, for your analysis and conclusion.

2.13 / .913 / finishing on a 4 game winning streak while going insane actually looks a lot better now.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:09 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
You know the russian press is generally not critical about the "top" hockey players, in fact, they licked all NHL players @ss who returned to play in the KHL during the lockout, but they quickly singled Bryz out, and made complete fun of him, for his failure during the first games of the season, for his idiotic interests in space exploration. They had even noted that his priorities lay somewhere else, but certainly not on ice. His comments have always been as eccentric as they can be, and that in HIS country, where he speaks his native language. He is clearly nuts, clearly emotionally unstable, it shines through him.

Get the hell rid off him Philly, he will ruin another season for you guys.

stopped reading there.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:14 AM
spudnick

Quote:
what are you talking about ? are you telling us he played 19 games in the KHL during the lockout ?
You stated he finished with a 4 game winning streak. What was his stats for the first 7? Serioulsy I dont know. curious. Also 7+4 = 11 not 19

Quote:
i'm not disregarding any stats from the KHL, where you classified 12 GP 6-5-0 GAA : 2.13 Sv Pct .913 & finishing on a 4 game winning streak as 'failing miserably'
So please explain the reason for his brutal play for 95% of last season as well as his play for the majority of his time in the KHL being relegagted to 3rd string.

Quote:
then again, you are openly rooting for a Flyer to fail this season, which would hurt the team, so every post you make is taken with several large grains of salt
Are you just making stuff up? When have I ever said I want the Flyers to fail??? I said I want Bryz to fail and fail bad. Doesnt mean I want the Flyers to fail. I said I would love for Bryz to be pulled early lose his confidence and lose his starting job for the remainder of the season only to be bought out this summer, see the Flyers go on a tear and have a magic run ala 2010. That is my dream senario. I dont want to see Bryz get hurt because you cant buy out a injured player.

If PH was smart he would tell Bryz not to show up for fear of him getting hurt and not being able to buy out his contract just like the Canadiens are doing with Gomez

Old
01-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
You stated he finished with a 4 game winning streak. What was his stats for the first 7? Serioulsy I dont know. curious. Also 7+4 = 11 not 19
12 games played + 7 games = 19 [you made it look like i didn't count 7 games, so i thought maybe i missed 7 games, and Bryz had played 19 games]
i don't know what his stats were after 7 of his 12 gp. who cares. or after 4 games, or after 1.

his final stats:
12 GAMES PLAYED
2.13 / .913 / finishing on a 4 game winning streak
thats not 'failing miserably'

Quote:
please explain the reason for his brutal play for 95% of last season
last year ? what does that have to do with the KHL ? or this year ? nothing. all last year is good for, is to help fuel your hate for Bryz. enjoy it

Quote:
When have I ever said I want the Flyers to fail???
I said I want Bryz to fail and fail bad.
Doesnt mean I want the Flyers to fail.
I said I would love for Bryz to be pulled early
a fan of the Flyers openly hoping one of the Flyers to fail.
you're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 01-14-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Hopefully riding the bench. I can't explain it, I honestly don't think I have detested a Flyer player more than Bryzgalov. I am sure he is a really nice guy to talk to, I have no doubt. I jut cannot get behind this guy. Every shot he faces I feel worried that it will go in. I have Zero confidence in him. I think it's that horrible contract. If he was getting 1/1.5 million a year not for 9 years I could handle it. I just can't handle the fact that he is getting paid elite goalie money but it a below average goaltender who was a product of Dave tippets system. Again look no further than mike smith

I'll explain it. you had no idea who he was before we got him and have no idea what he is capable of. To hope he fails is to also call holmgren a retard which would be two pretty big reasons to start following another team imo.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Bryz did actually struggle for most of his time in the KHL. He was on the third string and getting little playing time because he was just not good. Some of the more extended video I saw showed him struggling with the exact same stuff he struggled with here; failing to track the puck, letting in unscreened shots from the blue line, poor movement, etc. His positioning was off at times but I wasn't terribly concerned about that because of the larger ice size. Still, it raises red flags and indicates last year might not be as flukey as thought. Like Fleury, can we expect to see extended streaks of bad play?

Old
01-14-2013, 12:14 PM
spudnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
I'll explain it. you had no idea who he was before we got him and have no idea what he is capable of. To hope he fails is to also call holmgren a retard which would be two pretty big reasons to start following another team imo.
I knew who he was, I knew he was waived by the Ducks, I knew he was the back up for the Stanley cup team, and I knew he was a vezina nominee. I also rememeber the interviews from his old teammates throwing him under the bus.

I Thought the contract Holmgren offered him was outrageous for a goalie of his calibre. Never was a big fan of his from day one and thought Holmgren should have went a different route via trade for a young up and comer. His poor performance last season was not a surprise and his play in the KHL was icing on my "I new it" cake.

Please feel free to bump these threads when you feel like it, because I know I will. Honestly I shouldn't dislike the guy this much because I know he is going to bought out ,if not this summer next. But his childish attitude (the pick of the thermous) during the winter classic. His stupid incoherent interviews with the media, its not even funny. They way he acted on 24/7, Jagr getting up and leaving the table when Bryz sat down with him to eat. All of it just disgusting. Other teams know our goaltending is out weakest link AGAIN and are laughing and exploiting it.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:16 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Bryz did actually struggle for most of his time in the KHL. He was on the third string and getting little playing time because he was just not good. Some of the more extended video I saw showed him struggling with the exact same stuff he struggled with here; failing to track the puck, letting in unscreened shots from the blue line, poor movement, etc. His positioning was off at times but I wasn't terribly concerned about that because of the larger ice size. Still, it raises red flags and indicates last year might not be as flukey as thought. Like Fleury, can we expect to see extended streaks of bad play?
So did pekke tho and i don't think he sucks either. He was bad tho. Listen, we'll find out soon enough. We WILL buy him out if he doesn't play well this year but i'm just wondering what everyone's other plan is. Who do you want? I would rather have Bryzgalov's contract if he is consistently good than go back to trying to find bargain goalies who might play above average long enough to hopefully win something. I would've signed bryzgalov myself that's why i defend him but i also would've easily traded carter for quick which i think was doable at one point and i would've wanted thomas that summer he was available too. i just don't see too many options available to the point where i'd be hoping he fails.

Closed Thread