HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexei Emelin to NYR

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 06:05 PM
  #76
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Yes, check your trade proposal thread in your forum! Lol
Show me some of these trade proposals.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:07 PM
  #77
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Show me some of these trade proposals.
Just click on the ladt page of that thread...

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:12 PM
  #78
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Just click on the ladt page of that thread...
Certainly not 'giving him away'. Rather trading him for something of value that helps us now. All I see is a McIlrath for McBain swap, which seems reasonable since RH PMD are pretty rare..

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:36 PM
  #79
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
He's played a handful of games in two years. Its no wonder ranger fans are eager to dump him in a trade. Here's a hint, we are not interested in him.
Show me a post where I said I'm looking to dump him.

Better yet, show me some posts that DIRECTLY indicate your insane line of thought, or lack thereof.

CM Lundqvist is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:39 PM
  #80
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Show me a post where I said I'm lopking to dump him.

Better yet, show me some posts that DIRECTLY indicate your insane line of thought, or lack thereof.
Look atcthe post where Rangers fans are trying to parlay him into Emelin. Ain't happening!

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:48 PM
  #81
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,086
vCash: 500
Everywhere I go a McIlrath ****storm seems to follow

Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:48 PM
  #82
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Look atcthe post where Rangers fans are trying to parlay him into Emelin. Ain't happening!
lol. No Ranger fan wants to trade McIlrath for Emelin.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:51 PM
  #83
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
lol. No Ranger fan wants to trade McIlrath for Emelin.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:53 PM
  #84
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:55 PM
  #85
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:55 PM
  #86
Stasis
Mad Decent
 
Stasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FrmNYC-InMTL
Posts: 916
vCash: 500
I have no idea why you guys are bothering with this.

Ridiculous hyperbole is apparently the only thing he's capable of. You know that Habs fans tend to have a bad reputation here? It's people like this that are the reason why. It's hard to believe he's for real, I know. There's some form of personality disorder that I'd be willing to bet exists in his real world interactions just as much as it does online... some form of NPD. It happens and you ignore it or simply smile and nod, just like you do when confronted with it irl. You cannot argue with NPD, trust me.

*shrug*

Stasis is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:00 PM
  #87
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Look atcthe post where Rangers fans are trying to parlay him into Emelin. Ain't happening!
Again, I said show me a post that DIRECTLY indicates this.

Your posts are just subjective conjecture.

CM Lundqvist is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:01 PM
  #88
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Don't get the hype with Emelin.

Already 26 and was a rookie last year. He's older than Marc Staal. I don't see the upside in him becoming a top 4 defender on the Rangers. He's never produced points and there are plenty of players like him in the pipeline like Noreau and McIlrath. He doesn't even have a RH shot. His corsi numbers aren't even that good. He seems to be a very average player. Certainly not worth giving up one of the organization's top prospects.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:08 PM
  #89
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,086
vCash: 500
I don't value McIlrath that high. Well aware that I'm in the minority there.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:08 PM
  #90
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Again, I said show me a post that DIRECTLY indicates this.

Your posts are just subjective conjecture.
Go back into the thread and read. Its clear as day. What the hell is wrong with you???

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:10 PM
  #91
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Don't get the hype with Emelin.

Already 26 and was a rookie last year. He's older than Marc Staal. I don't see the upside in him becoming a top 4 defender on the Rangers. He's never produced points and there are plenty of players like him in the pipeline like Noreau and McIlrath. He doesn't even have a RH shot. His corsi numbers aren't even that good. He seems to be a very average player. Certainly not worth giving up one of the organization's top prospects.
As a Ranger fan i can excuse that. You obviously don't know the history with him. Habs tried to get him over 5 years ago so that he could develop and adjust to NA hockey. Pierre McGuire called him the best defenceman not in the NHL in 2008. He has all the tools. Just needs time to adjust to the NHL. This season you will see what he is truly capable of (besides all the great hits).

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:12 PM
  #92
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
As a Ranger fan i can excuse that. You obviously don't know the history with him. Habs tried to get him over 5 years ago so that he could develop and adjust to NA hockey. Pierre McGuire called him the best defenceman not in the NHL in 2008. He has all the tools. Just needs time to adjust to the NHL. This season you will see what he is truly capable of (besides all the great hits).
What do you think his upside is?

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:16 PM
  #93
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,539
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Go back into the thread and read. Its clear as day. What the hell is wrong with you???
Yes, one person proposed it. Except he's not a Rangers fan

__________________
Tanner Glass is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:17 PM
  #94
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
What do you think his upside is?
He will be a 2nd pairing d-man with potential to be top-pairing with Markov (if Markov regains his form). For now i will low ball and say 2nd pairing. This season will be his opportunity to prove himself as he will be given plenty of icetime under Therien (who loves his game).

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:23 PM
  #95
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Go back into the thread and read. Its clear as day. What the hell is wrong with you???
And you haven't read what I've said at all.

I'm done arguing with someone who simply doesn't get the point.

CM Lundqvist is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:25 PM
  #96
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
He will be a 2nd pairing d-man with potential to be top-pairing with Markov (if Markov regains his form). For now i will low ball and say 2nd pairing. This season will be his opportunity to prove himself as he will be given plenty of icetime under Therien (who loves his game).
You think he has top pairing upside? lol

Anton Stralman at the same age had a better season than Emelin, yet no one will claim he has top pairing upside.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:39 PM
  #97
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
You think he has top pairing upside? lol

Anton Stralman at the same age had a better season than Emelin, yet no one will claim he has top pairing upside.
You are entitled to you opinion. If you really believe the Stralman is comparable to Emelin then there is nothing more to say.

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:42 PM
  #98
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 71,405
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
You are entitled to you opinion. If you really believe the Stralman is comparable to Emelin then there is nothing more to say.
Clearly you didn't watch Stralman play this past year. Again, that's not surprising. I don't think you have ever seen McIlrath play and I don't think you have watched any non-Habs Rangers games.

If you want to talk about our players, please watch them before you comment.

I can understand Habs fans wanting a bit of value for Emelin. I cannot understand how some think he could possibly be a 1st pair d-man, though. He's going to be a 3/4 over his career. And a good one. That's not a slight on him. But he's not in the same league as other top pairing d-men and I would be floored if he ever developed that much.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:46 PM
  #99
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
I have no idea why you guys are bothering with this.

Ridiculous hyperbole is apparently the only thing he's capable of. You know that Habs fans tend to have a bad reputation here? It's people like this that are the reason why. It's hard to believe he's for real, I know. There's some form of personality disorder that I'd be willing to bet exists in his real world interactions just as much as it does online... some form of NPD. It happens and you ignore it or simply smile and nod, just like you do when confronted with it irl. You cannot argue with NPD, trust me.

*shrug*
...says the resident HF internet psychiatrist generalizing about hab fans

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:46 PM
  #100
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Clearly you didn't watch Stralman play this past year. Again, that's not surprising. I don't think you have ever seen McIlrath play and I don't think you have watched any non-Habs Rangers games.
So that's the basis of your argument? That's fine, you can profess to know what i have watched or not watched. Doesn't change anything in this thread. To re-iterate, i have no interest in Mcillraith and especially not Stralman. Emelin will remain a Hab that is a good thing.

But thanks for coming out and offering your opinion or there lackof!

FanHabtic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.