Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Ticket Pool Question

Old
01-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Nationals28

vCash: 500
Ticket Pool Question

I am in a ticket pool with 4 friends. The first year we just randomly picked names out of a hat for who picked first, second, etc. This year i think we should do it the same way but another guy thinks that the person who got first last year should be last pick this year and so on. What do you think? How are you doing it in your pools?

Nationals28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Toomuts

New draw... Who would get the first pick then? 2nd last year?

Toomuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
bodybreak
We're Back!

Complete random draw throughout, since not everyone has the same # of games. We will rotate first pick though.

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:40 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nationals28 View Post
I am in a ticket pool with 4 friends. The first year we just randomly picked names out of a hat for who picked first, second, etc. This year i think we should do it the same way but another guy thinks that the person who got first last year should be last pick this year and so on. What do you think? How are you doing it in your pools?
We have 4 guys. The first year we randomly selected what order to pick. We agreed that we would rotate every year. 1st would then pick 4th, 2nd would move up to 1st, 3rd move up to 2nd and 4th move up to 3rd. We also have an agreed amount # of games where you pick a single ticket and go with another member of the group, and a certain # of games where you get both tickets to take your wife/kid/other buddy.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:47 PM
buggs

vCash: 128
We re-draw the order each year. It's a bit of a dog's breakfast for us because we have 7 guys, but 9 shares (share = 5 games so 9x5 = 45 home games) because two of us have ten games to go to.

We discussed it at the start and decided on a draw each year. So far it's worked out two years in a row where the two guys with two picks per round have had a pick each at the front of the round (near, not first pick) and then picks at the back end. When that luck of the draw ends and we get someone going 1-2 or 8-9 someone will be sour, but we decided so that's the way it is.

We actually have a contract for our group with all of this stuff written up. We have clauses that pertain to pre-season games and a Habs clause because there are so many Montreal fans in the group. Only time you can opt out of the group is when our contract is up for renewal. Lots of stuff but necessary with such a diverse and large group.

buggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:48 PM
mondo3

vCash: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
We have 4 guys. The first year we randomly selected what order to pick. We agreed that we would rotate every year. 1st would then pick 4th, 2nd would move up to 1st, 3rd move up to 2nd and 4th move up to 3rd.
that's what we do.

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:06 PM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

vCash: 1000
I'm a gambler so I agreed to a re draw each year. So far I've been fourth pick out of four both years :/
Thankfully I've lucked into tickets to the home opener both years though

No Name Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:14 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nationals28 View Post
That is how we are doing it. We simple move up one spot each year and 1st goes last. The bonus in our draft of being last pick is you get 1st pick for the playoffs.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:04 AM
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
That is how we are doing it. We simple move up one spot each year and 1st goes last. The bonus in our draft of being last pick is you get 1st pick for the playoffs.
We have 8 people and do a snake draft with random draw each year. Person who gets first pick previous year can't get first pick two years in a row. Since it's always an odd number of rounds, for the last round we do 8-1 instead of 1-8 so the people with picks 5-8 don't get the complete shaft.

drumzan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:06 AM
MrGrinch

We are like kingbogo. We have 4 equal groups and do the snake draft as well 1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1. We agreed that we would rotate who picks first based on the random draw from last year. The question that will likely come up is who picks first this year -- will it be the guy who chose #2 last year or the guy who chose #4 (ie - does 2 shift to 1 or does 4 shift to 1). We didn't go that far to clarify. Would expect that the guy who picked #2 picks first in year #2.

MrGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:05 AM
tbcwpg

We have a group of 4 and we just did a random draw again, snake draft. I think for our group we just want to make sure our games are spread out rather than specific opponents, so changing the order each year isn't necessary.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote