HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Training Camp

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 04:01 PM
  #726
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well we have a good deal of very direct forwards, Pacioretty, Cole, Plekanec, Gionta, Eller and the legion of grinders on this team are all useful in a north-south game, so maybe it is a good idea. Most of the best teams in the league emphasize puck possession far more than Theirren but the Habs don't really have the skill..
ELB !!!! It's a first we agree on something ! hahaha Sort of.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 04:15 PM
  #727
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
ELB !!!! It's a first we agree on something ! hahaha Sort of.
I might disagree with you plenty but it is nice to see some cautious optimism in here.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
  #728
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
would i be correct in saying that this is our projections for D pairings?

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Emelin

Kaberle - Boullion
Yes you are, IMO.

ChuckyToGally is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 05:03 PM
  #729
capebretoncanadien
Registered User
 
capebretoncanadien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Yes you are, IMO.
I think Diaz pencils in where Boullion is personally but the rest of it looks good.

capebretoncanadien is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 05:09 PM
  #730
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
The subban situation reminds me of the lockout... who ever wants to conceed first in this case again no one will be winners... its a risk anyway you see it.. so go half way each side.. but i have a feeling Subban wont back down, i felt a little bit of frustration when he said bergevin had all the summer to sign him and he cant sign himself... hopefully im wrong.

Montreal Impact FC is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
  #731
HenrySpezzaThoreau
Out in the woods
 
HenrySpezzaThoreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
How long is Plekanec expected to be out for?

HenrySpezzaThoreau is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 05:32 PM
  #732
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieDavidThoreau View Post
How long is Plekanec expected to be out for?
day-to-day I believe. Probably see him at the latest, thursday for the scrimmage.

Nedved is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 05:34 PM
  #733
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
I think Diaz pencils in where Boullion is personally but the rest of it looks good.
I think neither of Bouillon or Diaz will be in there 100% of the time and both will play a lot of games. I'm sure some of the top 5 will miss games in a short, compact schedule.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:43 PM
  #734
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think neither of Bouillon or Diaz will be in there 100% of the time and both will play a lot of games. I'm sure some of the top 5 will miss games in a short, compact schedule.
At this point in time, I suspect that Diaz is a better NHL D-Man than either
Emelin or Boullion. I'm with the majority of posters here, that I'm cheering for
Emelin to develop into a good, and hard hitting NHL D. I think he might be close.
Especially if used on the left side. But Diaz was better last year, and he is also
allowed to improve. Also, some posters may have forgotten that Diaz was shut
down after trying to play through a injury for a long time. People sometimes
forget that he played well, even surprisingly well, before being injured. (Groin?)
I think a lot of posters remember only an injured rookie on a train-wreck of a
team.
In short. We need both Emelin and Diaz to improve, and play well. But last
year Diaz was closer to a good NHL D-Man than Emelin. And there is no reason
that Bullion should play ahead of either.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
  #735
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
I think Diaz pencils in where Boullion is personally but the rest of it looks good.
Sorry, but Kaberle / Diaz is softer than Ginette Reno's abdomen.

MXD is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:57 PM
  #736
pcamp
Registered User
 
pcamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Does markov hate subban or was it a one comment thing? A markov-subban duo would be great and if kaberle is really in better shape 2nd pair could be kaberle-gorges and bottom pairing emelin-diaz(bouillon).... The advantages of this line up is emelin playing on his good side, kaberles ass gets covered by gorges and emelin and diaz showed chemistry last year

pcamp is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:01 PM
  #737
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,075
vCash: 500
If anything, I'd keep out Kaberle out of the lineup. Diaz ought to be able to take full-time 2nd PP duties. We have to test him as a regular there.

MXD is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:06 PM
  #738
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
why would defense be our strength? What top 10 or 15 dmen in the league do we have on our roster? our top 2 are georges and subban(who is not signed). Who knows what we get out of markov, then we have emelin, kaberle, diaz, weber, boulion and maybe Mike Comedore if there are injuries. That's not a very strong d on paper

Agree with you 100%. Our soft D hurt the team last season. That and the passive approach to hockey under the Martin/Cunneyworth regime.

It sounds like Therrien is wanting the Habs to be more aggressive on D. And that is a great thing.

I have been critical of Bourque but I have a feeling that with him having more grittier linemates, he will step up his game this season.

Subban.................just sign the damned contract.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
  #739
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Sorry, but Kaberle / Diaz is softer than Ginette Reno's abdomen.
Kaberle, in his last two seasons has been too soft. But you should not confuse
D-Men who gain more in a competetive enviroment by avoiding contact, with being
soft. Daiz gains, and more importantly his team gains, when Diaz avoids contact.
This was true of Kaberle as well, in the days when he played well. We don't know
if he'll ever play well again. But he only needs to get to 75 % or so, to make it
difficult for opponents to fors-check him.
In short there is more than on way to play hockey, and more than one way to
skin a Bruin.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:15 PM
  #740
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
Kaberle, in his last two seasons has been too soft. But you should not confuse
D-Men who gain more in a competetive enviroment by avoiding contact, with being
soft. Daiz gains, and more importantly his team gains, when Diaz avoids contact.
This was true of Kaberle as well, in the days when he played well. We don't know
if he'll ever play well again. But he only needs to get to 75 % or so, to make it
difficult for opponents to fors-check him.
In short there is more than on way to play hockey, and more than one way to
skin a Bruin.
No excuses seems to be the theme.

There is no excuse for Diaz being soft. He is and probably will not be able to change. We gained nothing with Diaz avoiding contact.

We have tried the soft approach for the last several years. It didnt work. It never will work.

Give Bergevin some time. He will solve that problem.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:19 PM
  #741
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No excuses seems to be the theme.

There is no excuse for Diaz being soft. He is and probably will not be able to change. We gained nothing with Diaz avoiding contact.

We have tried the soft approach for the last several years. It didnt work. It never will work.

Give Bergevin some time. He will solve that problem.
I can only assume that you are unfamiliar with not only hockey, but competative
games in general.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
  #742
CanadiensforLife
Registered User
 
CanadiensforLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
The Habs are at their practice facility in Brossard right now live on RDS.

CanadiensforLife is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:25 PM
  #743
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
We gained nothing with Diaz avoiding contact.
Considering how Diaz is built, we gain nothing with Diaz not avoiding contact either. Unless Diaz starts doing steroids he's just never going to be able to physically push around other players as well as he can avoid them, and gaining bulk would slow him down anyway.

Believe it or not there is and has always been a place for elusive perimeter players in the NHL as much as there has been big, physical players. I would agree that the Habs have too many of the former on the blueline, but this isn't Ice Hockey for the NES where you can replace the thin fast, player with the fat slow player and balance your team out.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:28 PM
  #744
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Thanks Hanky Zetts for your report. Are there any others?

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:31 PM
  #745
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Considering how Diaz is built, we gain nothing with Diaz not avoiding contact either. Unless Diaz starts doing steroids he's just never going to be able to physically push around other players as well as he can avoid them, and gaining bulk would slow him down anyway.

Believe it or not there is and has always been a place for elusive perimeter players in the NHL as much as there has been big, physical players. I would agree that the Habs have too many of the former on the blueline, but this isn't Ice Hockey for the NES where you can replace the thin fast, player with the fat slow player and balance your team out.
Thank-you. That was much of what I meant. Maybe you explained better.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:44 PM
  #746
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,469
vCash: 500
i have the Super sports pack with eastlink. i had it for the nfl and havent cancelled yet. i should get the nhl when it starts on saturday. if i dont have RDS will i get the montreal games on centre ice or are they blacked out because they are on a station that i could be subscribing to?

Raider917 is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:46 PM
  #747
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,227
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
i have the Super sports pack with eastlink. i had it for the nfl and havent cancelled yet. i should get the nhl when it starts on saturday. if i dont have RDS will i get the montreal games on centre ice or are they blacked out because they are on a station that i could be subscribing to?
Being in Nova Scotia, I don't think they would be blacked out.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:48 PM
  #748
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,691
vCash: 500
RDS had Sylvain Lefebvre for an interview and didn't ask him for Leblanc....Good job RDS....


Last edited by Whitesnake: 01-13-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Whitesnake is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:50 PM
  #749
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser
 
Domhnall Dubh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Being in Nova Scotia, I don't think they would be blacked out.
I'm pretty sure they are, actually. I can't remember 100%, though.

Domhnall Dubh is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:51 PM
  #750
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Being in Nova Scotia, I don't think they would be blacked out.
i remember having it with expressvu a couple of years ago and the stations that montreal were on would say to go to the RDS channel to watch the game. i had RDS then cause it came with the tsn bundle so it wasnt a problem. with eastink though it isnt with tsn.

Raider917 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.