HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexei Emelin to NYR

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
for all the internet basement pro player scouts...it's not about points with Emelin it's about PHYSICALITY which is what the habs are trying to build on D. they are better up front with the likes of moen, prust, white, etc...but Emelin's value is in his ability to play physically and chip in a few points. why would they trade that? he projects as a Kasparitis-type d man - and after the gomez/ macD fiasco, i was presuppose that NY would be the last team getting a dman from us

Old
01-13-2013, 07:51 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Mclraith never cracked 25 pts in the WHL.. LOL

Who drafts an enforcer with a 1st round pick?
The same guy who got a D-man who finished 6th I believe in Norris voting in his first full season by simply trading that goalscoring machine also known as Scott Gomez , that guy.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
The same guy who got a D-man who finished 6th I believe in Norris voting in his first full season by simply trading that goalscoring machine also known as Scott Gomez , that guy.
The same guy who drafted Marc Staal, MDZ and signed Girardi. I'll trust Gordie Clarke and Jeff Gorton the Rangers AGM and Head of scouting when it comes to selecting defensemen.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
...says the resident HF internet psychiatrist generalizing about hab fans
Anyone who posts here on a regular basis knows the reputation is there, deserved or not. I didn't say I agreed with it, just that it existed. It's a stereotype.

You don't need to misunderstand and take it personally. I'd feel the same way about this if he was a Rangers fan. It doesn't change the extreme narcissism.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:01 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
Anyone who posts here on a regular basis knows the reputation is there, deserved or not. I didn't say I agreed with it, just that it existed. It's a stereotype.

You don't need to misunderstand and take it personally. I'd feel the same way about this if he was a Rangers fan. It doesn't change the extreme narcissism.
You can stick to your personal attacks and that is fine. I'd prefer to debate the topic. Unfortunately debating with you just leads to more personal attacks so i will decline to take the bait.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:08 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Don't get the hype with Emelin.

Already 26 and was a rookie last year. He's older than Marc Staal. I don't see the upside in him becoming a top 4 defender on the Rangers. He's never produced points and there are plenty of players like him in the pipeline like Noreau and McIlrath. He doesn't even have a RH shot. His corsi numbers aren't even that good. He seems to be a very average player. Certainly not worth giving up one of the organization's top prospects.
I was thinking the same.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:11 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
I was thinking the same.
I can see your point. Kind of like the Hype with Chris Kreider. The guy who is tearing up the AHL with 0.36 pts/game...

Old
01-13-2013, 08:12 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The same guy who drafted Marc Staal, MDZ and signed Girardi. I'll trust Gordie Clarke and Jeff Gorton the Rangers AGM and Head of scouting when it comes to selecting defensemen.
Schh stop putting facts our there while I'm gloating. He didn't know that!

Old
01-13-2013, 08:14 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Schh stop putting facts our there while I'm gloating. He didn't know that!
Of course using that logic, the guy who drafted McDonagh, Subban, Emelin etc. (Timmins) must know what he is doing. Guess this validates Emelin eh?

Old
01-13-2013, 08:16 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
I can see your point. Kind of like the Hype with Chris Kreider. The guy who is tearing up the AHL with 0.36 pts/game...
The hype started when he jumped in from college and scored 5 goals, a few GWG's and played really well in the stanley cup. He's big, got a good shot and he's superfast, ofc he's gonna get hyped up.

To come into NHL straight from College hockey and perform like that is impressive, even more so when it's the playoffs where it's gonna be harder to produce since it's the seasons best teams in it and you get less open ice than you do during the regular season (unless you were participating in the Flyers - Pens games that is ).

You mean the team that has got Newbury as their leading scorer? How can't he produce with such a great player next to him

Old
01-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
for all the internet basement pro player scouts...it's not about points with Emelin it's about PHYSICALITY which is what the habs are trying to build on D. they are better up front with the likes of moen, prust, white, etc...but Emelin's value is in his ability to play physically and chip in a few points. why would they trade that? he projects as a Kasparitis-type d man - and after the gomez/ macD fiasco, i was presuppose that NY would be the last team getting a dman from us
Very rare for defensemen age 27 to make the jump from bottom pair to top pair. He is what he is imo.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
I have no idea why you guys are bothering with this.

Ridiculous hyperbole is apparently the only thing he's capable of. You know that Habs fans tend to have a bad reputation here? It's people like this that are the reason why. It's hard to believe he's for real, I know. There's some form of personality disorder that I'd be willing to bet exists in his real world interactions just as much as it does online... some form of NPD. It happens and you ignore it or simply smile and nod, just like you do when confronted with it irl. You cannot argue with NPD, trust me.

*shrug*
I cringed at this post. Stop trying so hard please.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
You can stick to your personal attacks and that is fine. I'd prefer to debate the topic. Unfortunately debating with you just leads to more personal attacks so i will decline to take the bait.
Being the bigger man would be so noble had you not attacked others in this very thread.

We've never debated, and we never will. I was offering an informative warning to those attempting it. Carry on.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:20 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Of course using that logic, the guy who drafted McDonagh, Subban, Emelin etc. (Timmins) must know what he is doing. Guess this validates Emelin eh?
I will give you Ryan McDonagh back if Emelin ever turns into a top pairing D that does well in that role. That's not gonna happen . If that happens J.T Miller (who I think is gonna be a great 2 way 2nd line C in the future, he'll start out as a 3C though) is going to score 100 points per season in the NHL.

Emelin is a good physical player, I like watching him. But he's not gonna put up crazy points and he's not gonna turn into Marc Staal defensievely...

Old
01-13-2013, 08:20 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
The hype started when he jumped in from college and scored 5 goals, a few GWG's and played really well in the stanley cup. He's big, got a good shot and he's superfast, ofc he's gonna get hyped up.

To come into NHL straight from College hockey and perform like that is impressive, even more so when it's the playoffs where it's gonna be harder to produce since it's the seasons best teams in it and you get less open ice than you do during the regular season (unless you were participating in the Flyers - Pens games that is ).

You mean the team that has got Newbury as their leading scorer? How can't he produce with such a great player next to him
And then to completely stink it up in the AHL... But yet, the bubble never bursts with Ranger fans. .36 pts//game in the AHL and future NHL star.

But wait, are you saying that points don't tell the whole story? Hmmm, what a concept. Perhaps the same rings true with Emelin who had to adjust to NA hockey at age 26. Its not like he couldn't make the Habs at age 23 (when they were desperately trying to get him to commit).

Old
01-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
He's no Louis LeBlanc. That's for sure with his mighty .2 PPG.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:23 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Being the bigger man would be so noble had you not attacked others in this very thread.

We've never debated, and we never will. I was offering an informative warning to those attempting it. Carry on.
Yet you continue to respond to my posts after so high and mightily declaring that it is pointless...

Old
01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
True, but of course Habs fans aren't hyping LL up whereas Ranger fans are smitten with Kreider and his lack of production in an inferior league to the NHL. Just wreaks of homerism...

(and for the record i don't see Louis Leblanc as being anything more than a 3rd line forward as his potential.)

Old
01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Callafan24

In B4 Redden for Emelin and a 3rd.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:26 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
And then to completely stink it up in the AHL... But yet, the bubble never bursts with Ranger fans. .36 pts//game in the AHL and future NHL star.

But wait, are you saying that points don't tell the whole story? Hmmm, what a concept. Perhaps the same rings true with Emelin who had to adjust to NA hockey at age 26. Its not like he couldn't make the Habs at age 23 (when they were desperately trying to get him to commit).

No there is a few guys that has started to question Kreider actually... nobody thinks he's god. But let's face it when your top scoring players are Kolarik and Newbury you don't expect the other guys to have 100 points each exactly... Look up our AHL team. Does it seem like it's stacked? Quite the opposite...

He will get his chance in the NHL, if he does good he does good. If he plays bad, he needs more developing.

Difference is Kreider is younger and has got way more top potential than Emelin.

I don't care anymore you're just a blinded fanboy trolling in this thread. Have a nice day!

Old
01-13-2013, 08:28 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
True, but of course Habs fans aren't hyping LL up whereas Ranger fans are smitten with Kreider and his lack of production in an inferior league to the NHL. Just wreaks of homerism...

(and for the record i don't see Louis Leblanc as being anything more than a 3rd line forward as his potential.)
good one, . Him Palushaj (sp?) are getting hyped up big time. Everytime somebody mention them all I see is: ''They got great potential, we're not trading them. They're gonna be stars''

Old
01-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

LeBlanc wasn't even invited to training camp despite playing half the year. Bust.

Kreider at the very least gets a roster spot based on his strong play in the NHL.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:30 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
No there is a few guys that has started to question Kreider actually... nobody thinks he's god. But let's face it when your top scoring players are Kolarik and Newbury you don't expect the other guys to have 100 points each exactly... Look up our AHL team. Does it seem like it's stacked? Quite the opposite...

He will get his chance in the NHL, if he does good he does good. If he plays bad, he needs more developing.

Difference is Kreider is younger and has got way more top potential than Emelin.

I don't care anymore you're just a blinded fanboy trolling in this thread. Have a nice day!

haha, so when i use your argument against you i'm a blinded fanboy. You don't see the hype in Emelin. That's fine. I don't see the hype in Kreider due to his lacklustre (and i mean dismal) production in the AHL and that is equally fine. The point is that points don't always tell the story. You can't have it both ways.

I see potential in Emelin with more time to adjust to NA hockey and will over look the stat-sheet in his first season. You see potential in Kreider due to his clutch goal scoring for the NYR and overlook his dismal production in the AHL.

Logic sucks don't it?

Old
01-13-2013, 08:30 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Lmfao. Great post.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:32 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
LeBlanc wasn't even invited to training camp despite playing half the year. Bust.

Kreider at the very least gets a roster spot based on his strong play in the NHL.
Its quite possible that Leblanc is a bust. The Habs don't just give away roster spots - you have to earn it. If you don't produce in the AHL and are outplayed by some of your peers then you have wait your turn. Kreider obviously has no competition to come in and stink (ie. .36pts/game for a goal scoring forward) yet still have a roster spot. lol

Closed Thread