HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

** hfnhl.org ** new domain

Old
01-13-2013, 12:55 PM
MatthewFlames

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
** hfnhl.org ** new domain

So as its been 6 weeks since we lost hfnhl.com and have not heard a peep from the owners/admin types over there I have sprung for a new domain - this will be www.hfnhl.org

It may take a few hours before it becomes live -

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Dempsey

vCash: 50
Thanks Matt. It's too bad we lost the .com domain, but I'm sure we'll get used to .org just the same.

Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
So as its been 6 weeks since we lost hfnhl.com and have not heard a peep from the owners/admin types over there I have sprung for a new domain - this will be www.hfnhl.org

It may take a few hours before it becomes live -
Thanks, Matt. And good idea. the .com domain isn't really that big of a deal for us, given it is a pure destination site. I'm sure they'll hand it over whenever they get around to it, but for now, good call.

And let me know if you want a few pesos to offset the cost of acquiring this yourself. Happy to send a few your way, at least to help offset the business development trips you've been making to Tijuana. Every little bit helps.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:47 PM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Thanks, Matt. And good idea. the .com domain isn't really that big of a deal for us, given it is a pure destination site. I'm sure they'll hand it over whenever they get around to it, but for now, good call.

And let me know if you want a few pesos to offset the cost of acquiring this yourself. Happy to send a few your way, at least to help offset the business development trips you've been making to Tijuana. Every little bit helps.
That "biz development" is sure expensive.... And thanks for the offer - we've actually never had to pay before have we? So despite losing the domain I guess we can't complain for 12 years of free hosting...

Old
01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Vaive-Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
That "biz development" is sure expensive.... And thanks for the offer - we've actually never had to pay before have we? So despite losing the domain I guess we can't complain for 12 years of free hosting...
I think we should hold a fund raiser at the Rusty Bean....

Vaive-Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:12 PM
MatthewFlames

So I found an old archived backup I did of the entire league (minus these boards... would love to save the database of it... anyone have any ideas how to do that?) -

I basically had just downloaded everything from the hfnhl.com server - and this morning I uploaded it all to the hfnhl.org server - so a lot of our history has now been saved. I'm working on the newer stuff ('09 to '12) - Keith is helping me scrape everything from hfnhl.com but if anyone has an automated way for us to do this task please buzz us.

700 MB and 27K+ files transfered.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
MatthewFlames

Okay I found a cool piece of software that's now pulling down all the rest of hfnhl.com

I would love to save the database from our boards though - you never know if / when they might pull the plug on us.... or change software etc.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Dryden

Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
I think you need FTP access to transfer the board

Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote