HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexei Emelin to NYR

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Its quite possible that Leblanc is a bust. The Habs don't just give away roster spots - you have to earn it. If you don't produce in the AHL and are outplayed by some of your peers then you have wait your turn. Kreider obviously has no competition to come in and stink (ie. .36pts/game for a goal scoring forward) yet still have a roster spot. lol
Ah yes, the roster of the 27th ranked team in the NHL is much harder for a fresh prospect to crack in than that of a team that placed 2nd.

Kreider's getting a spot for a variety of reasons aside from his lackluster AHL production. If it was just based on AHL production, Miller and Hrivik would be guaranteed spots ahead of Kreider. Not how it works.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
good one, . Him Palushaj (sp?) are getting hyped up big time. Everytime somebody mention them all I see is: ''They got great potential, we're not trading them. They're gonna be stars''
Palushaj is usually the first young player most Habs fans want to trade. I've read the thread and it might be time for you to step away instead of posting false statements.

Old
CaptainCally

Quote:
Its quite possible that Leblanc is a bust. The Habs don't just give away roster spots - you have to earn it. If you don't produce in the AHL and are outplayed by some of your peers then you have wait your turn. Kreider obviously has no competition to come in and stink (ie. .36pts/game for a goal scoring forward) yet still have a roster spot. lol
And still he will get a chance to play in our stacked top 6, your top 6 ain't even as good (sorry if I'm blunt) and Leblanc can't even get playing time.

Well Kreider is an elite compliment player. He's not a guy that will carry the team on his own. Put him with guys that are checkers with no goalscoring ability and he will not produce. He's a guy you put in your top 6 and he produces. He's got all the tools he need.

On his own as the star he is nothing special. But put him with some good talent and he will be one of the most valuable players on the ice. His tools makes him the perfect compliment player.

Although it may not sound like much but that is quite the feat.

Kreider earned a spot after his showcasing in the playoffs. If he plays bad and can't produce he will be moved to the 3rd line or sent down again. It's not like Kreider is 27+ years old and has sucked every time he got to play in the NHL and is getting sent up and down all the time.

When he was in the NHL he did really good as a rookie. That is why he has earned his chance. AHL stats on an awful AHL team has nothing to do with the NHL.

Some people do great in the AHL and then they can't produce in the NHL. Some just do it okay in the AHL and then do good in the NHL.

After all they're 2 different leagues.

Old
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Ah yes, the roster of the 27th ranked team in the NHL is much harder for a fresh prospect to crack in than that of a team that placed 2nd.

Kreider's getting a spot for a variety of reasons aside from his lackluster AHL production. If it was just based on AHL production, Miller and Hrivik would be guaranteed spots ahead of Kreider. Not how it works.
No one is doubting that the NYR roster is superior to the Habs. But the overhyping of Kreider is the key point. The guy has dismal production in the AHL (0.36pts/game average). His production in the NHL was less than a half point/game (but i'll give him a flyer as it was his first crack at it in the playoffs). Yet he's the second coming. Ah how bliss it is to be a Ranger fan eh?

Old
01-13-2013, 08:40 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Palushaj is usually the first young player most Habs fans want to trade. I've read the thread and it might be time for you to step away instead of posting false statements.
I've seen a lot of fans saying that Palushaj is a high risk high reward player and that they think will be in their top 6 eventually. so i'm not posting false statements.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
So that's the basis of your argument? That's fine, you can profess to know what i have watched or not watched. Doesn't change anything in this thread. To re-iterate, i have no interest in Mcillraith and especially not Stralman. Emelin will remain a Hab that is a good thing.

But thanks for coming out and offering your opinion or there lackof!
That's nice. Don't comment on our players and disparage them without seeing them play.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
No one is doubting that the NYR roster is superior to the Habs. But the overhyping of Kreider is the key point. The guy has dismal production in the AHL (0.36pts/game average). His production in the NHL was less than a half point/game (but i'll give him a flyer as it was his first crack at it in the playoffs). Yet he's the second coming. Ah how bliss it is to be a Ranger fan eh?
1. AHL production was a sample size.

2. Playoffs were a sample size too. However points didn't tell the whole story with Kreider in the NJ series. He was creating chances all over the ice.

3. His final year at college was pretty good along with his international track record.

No, he is not the 2nd coming. He'll play on the 2nd/3rd line.

Old
FanHabtic

Quote:
And still he will get a chance to play in our stacked top 6, your top 6 ain't even as good (sorry if I'm blunt) and Leblanc can't even get playing time.

Well Kreider is an elite compliment player. He's not a guy that will carry the team on his own. Put him with guys that are checkers with no goalscoring ability and he will not produce. He's a guy you put in your top 6 and he produces. He's got all the tools he need.

On his own as the star he is nothing special. But put him with some good talent and he will be one of the most valuable players on the ice. His tools makes him the perfect compliment player.

Although it may not sound like much but that is quite the feat.

Reading comprehension is problematic for you isn't it.

Lets break it down so that you might understand.

Louis Leblanc = average prospect. Habs do not see him as the second coming as he has yet to produce at either the NHL or AHL level.

Kris Kreider = second coming per Ranger Fans. His 0.36pts/game at the AHL level and less than 0.5pt/game at the NHL level is the definition of elite compliment player.

If the bar is that low for "elite" compliment player than i guess Louis Leblanc has reached elite compliment status according to NYR fans criteria.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:44 PM
sharks9

Quote:
good one, . Him Palushaj (sp?) are getting hyped up big time. Everytime somebody mention them all I see is: ''They got great potential, we're not trading them. They're gonna be stars''
Lol show me one quote from anyone saying Palushaj's gonna be a star. People still have some faint hope he'll manage to crack the roster one day, but not much.

Quote:
LeBlanc wasn't even invited to training camp despite playing half the year. Bust.

Kreider at the very least gets a roster spot based on his strong play in the NHL.
Come on man, it's clearly too early to be calling him a bust. He had .71 PPG last year in the AHL but this year he's run into injury trouble and has been getting about 10 minutes per game on the 3rd and 4th lines ever since he got back from injury because Lefebvre apparently hates him.

Isn't it possible that both of our prospects are having off-years in the AHL?

Old
01-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Kershaw

No one said he is elite here. You're making stuff up.

However I did read that Habs fans think Emelin will be a stud top pairing d-man. Gonna go laugh myself to sleep now.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:46 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
1. AHL production was a sample size.

2. Playoffs were a sample size too. However points didn't tell the whole story with Kreider in the NJ series. He was creating chances all over the ice.

3. His final year at college was pretty good along with his international track record.

No, he is not the 2nd coming. He'll play on the 2nd/3rd line.
He was a point/game in his final year of college. Wow, that's lofty. Let me check Danny Kristo's stats....

Old
01-13-2013, 08:50 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:

However I did read that Habs fans think Emelin will be a stud top pairing d-man. Gonna go laugh myself to sleep now.
He's not quite "elite" like Kreider. (in the words of Captaincally bahahaha)... But he has potential to be a top-pairing dman. He was afterall a KHL all-star and Pierre McGuire called him the best dman not playing in the NHL prior to his debut. But i'll lowball and settle for 2nd pairing as his final product.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:50 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Reading comprehension is problematic for you isn't it.

Lets break it down so that you might understand.

Louis Leblanc = average prospect. Habs do not see him as the second coming as he has yet to produce at either the NHL or AHL level.

Kris Kreider = second coming per Ranger Fans. His 0.36pts/game at the AHL level and less than 0.5pt/game at the NHL level is the definition of elite compliment player.

If the bar is that low for "elite" compliment player than i guess Louis Leblanc has reached elite compliment status according to NYR fans criteria.

I think reading comprehension is something you need to work on as well...

Kreider is NOT the ''second coming'' He's gonna be on our 2nd or 3rd line... We do not expect him to be on the 1st line and turning into a 40-40 player...

Kreider has proven in international games, NCAA, and in the NHL that he can produce. And usually his team end up doing good with him in it. A ****** AHL team with a lot of meh players ain't gonna change that fact.

Kreider has the potential to be an elite compliment player due to his tools.

He is strong, he is big, he's quick as hell, got a solid shot. And he's quite young. That sounds like quite an impressive set of skills if you ask me. And if he can put all his eggs in one basket who says he couldn't turn into that elite compliment player?

Bad PPG on a lousy team where the leading scorers are 2 AHLers that won't amount to nothing but occasionally call ups on the 4th line maybe. Does that tell the whole story?...

Old
01-13-2013, 08:53 PM
sharks9

Quote:

No one said he is going to be a stud top pairing d-man. You're making stuff up.

How I did read that Rags fans think Kreider is a lock for the Calder. Gonna go laugh myself to sleep now.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:53 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
He's not quite "elite" like Kreider. (in the words of Captaincally bahahaha)... But he has potential to be a top-pairing dman. He was afterall a KHL all-star and Pierre McGuire called him the best dman not playing in the NHL prior to his debut. But i'll lowball and settle for 2nd pairing as his final product.
The same McGuire who was going bananas when Canadiens picked Price instead of Brule?

Old
01-13-2013, 08:54 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
I think reading comprehension is something you need to work on as well...

Kreider is NOT the ''second coming'' He's gonna be on our 2nd or 3rd line... We do not expect him to be on the 1st line and turning into a 40-40 player...

Kreider has proven in international games, NCAA, and in the NHL that he can produce. And usually his team end up doing good with him in it. A ****** AHL team with a lot of meh players ain't gonna change that fact.

Kreider has the potential to be an elite compliment player due to his tools.

He is strong, he is big, he's quick as hell, got a solid shot. And he's quite young. That sounds like quite an impressive set of skills if you ask me. And if he can put all his eggs in one basket who says he couldn't turn into that elite compliment player?

Bad PPG on a lousy team where the leading scorers are 2 AHLers that won't amount to nothing but occasionally call ups on the 4th line maybe. Does that tell the whole story?...

Wait a minute, he can't produce while playing on a lousy team. But Emelin on the other hand was expected to produce while playing on the 27th ranked team in the NHL during his debut in NA hockey?

Strange how every time you guys make a point regarding Kreider - the same point applies to Emelin. But "elite" compliment player? Bahahahaha,. Never put the word "elite" when you are talking about Chris Kreider. (take my advice on that one please).

Now i believe i have made my points and i'm sure you all agree. The same points you make about the eliteness of Kreider applies to Emelin.

Logic sucks eh?

Old
01-13-2013, 08:56 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
The same McGuire who was going bananas when Canadiens picked Price instead of Brule?
The same one that went nuts when Parise was passed on repeatedly in his draft year.

(have a great evening sport)

Old
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
No one said he is going to be a stud top pairing d-man. You're making stuff up.

How I did read that Rags fans think Kreider is a lock for the Calder. Gonna go laugh myself to sleep now.

Actually FanHabtic or whatever his name is keep on stating that.

Well a lot of fans not only Rangers think/thought that about Kreider. Look up the threads about the Calder. Kreider gets mentioned by fans from different teams but whatever.

Will he win it? Probably not. Will he do good? Most likely.

Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Wait a minute, he can't produce while playing on a lousy team. But Emelin on the other hand was expected to produce while playing on the 27th ranked team in the NHL during his debut in NA hockey?

Strange how every time you guys make a point regarding Kreider - the same point applies to Emelin. But "elite" compliment player? Bahahahaha,. Never put the word "elite" when you are talking about Chris Kreider. (take my advice on that one please).

Now i believe i have made my points and i'm sure you all agree. The same points you make about the eliteness of Kreider applies to Emelin.

Logic sucks eh?
So, how do you see Emelin ?

Old
01-13-2013, 08:58 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, how do you see Emelin ?
He'll likely top out as a 2nd pairing d-man. But he has a ton of potential and is a physical specimen. He just needs to play on his natural side (left side).

Old
01-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Gavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'll keep Plek and Emelin, thanks.
Lmao.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:00 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
He was a point/game in his final year of college. Wow, that's lofty. Let me check Danny Kristo's stats....
You don't watch UND or BC at all otherwise you'd know that Kristo had Brock Nelson to play with on his line. Kreider played with Kevin Hayes.

Again, stop posting things about and bashing players you know nothing about.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:05 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
You don't watch UND or BC at all otherwise you'd know that Kristo had Brock Nelson to play with on his line. Kreider played with Kevin Hayes.

Again, stop posting things about and bashing players you know nothing about.
LOL, Ranger fans are full of excuses. So Kristo is a pt/game player because of who he plays with yet Kreider is amazing because he did it all by himself (ie. he doesn't need any help?). Yet in the AHL he can't even crack 0.4pts/game because of who he plays with?

Which is it? You can't have it both ways,..

Old
01-13-2013, 09:08 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
LOL, Ranger fans are full of excuses. So Kristo is a pt/game player because of who he plays with yet Kreider is amazing because he did it all by himself (ie. he doesn't need any help?). Yet in the AHL he can't even crack 0.4pts/game because of who he plays with?

Which is it? You can't have it both ways,..
Are you really attempting to compare Brock Nelson to Kevin Hayes?

Just stop.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:11 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Are you really attempting to compare Brock Nelson to Kevin Hayes?

Just stop.
Nope, i'm comparing Kristo to Kreider. And if you actually watched Kristo (as claim to) you would know that Brock Nelson is no longer playing for UND. Kristo has 30pts in 20 games. I'll do the math for you. 1.5pts/game.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...005822013.html

So do some research before you spout off sport. And on that note i'm done educating misguided NYR fans.

Closed Thread