HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXX

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 07:43 PM
BoxOfChocolates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
I really don't understand. I would love to have of of those 4 players in my team but the Avs have 2 untouchable players up front: Landeskog and O'Reilly. If you want to trade a center, trade Stastny and add if you need to but do not touch O'Reilly.
This contract holdout has made ROR anything but untouchable.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Sherman : Were sorry for the delay Ryan were bringing you and your brother Cal (ahl) to Colorado lol

Old
01-13-2013, 09:06 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyAvs View Post
Sherman : Were sorry for the delay Ryan were bringing you and your brother Cal (ahl) to Colorado lol
Haha, I just thought of potentially the biggest dink move ever.

Avs manage to convince ROR to come back as long as they also sign Cal. The second ROR signs the Avs trade him for OEL/Yandle/Kulikov and make COR the new third line center. It would be hilarious.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Avs71

Good ol' Ek,

Quote:
* The NJ Devils have a ton of interest in Avalanche hold-out Ryan O'Reilly who is the kind of center the Devils see as a possible replacement for Parise.(e3)
What a stupid comment. Honestly, what team wouldn't have a ton of interest in O'Reilly.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:18 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Good ol' Ek,

What a stupid comment. Honestly, what team wouldn't have a ton of interest in O'Reilly.
actually gained respect for his legitimacy with his lockout tweets, broke a few different things. I think what turns people off to him is he reports every little thing he hears. lol but I was going over nj's depth chart out of boredom and i cant see one piece aside from the obvious notgonnahappens (larsson,kovalchuk) that we could use.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Larsson the guy we didn't pick? That would be interesting. Devils I would assume add?

Old
01-13-2013, 09:33 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
actually gained respect for his legitimacy with his lockout tweets, broke a few different things. I think what turns people off to him is he reports every little thing he hears. lol but I was going over nj's depth chart out of boredom and i cant see one piece aside from the obvious notgonnahappens (larsson,kovalchuk) that we could use.
Sadly I did the same thing and came to the exact same conclusion. Honestly the only guy I'd want is Larsson, don't want Kovalchuk with his baggage and the always imminent threat of leaving for the KHL.

So basically Larsson or bust for me if it would be the Devils. But I see no way that they part with Larsson as they just took him with the 4th overall pick last year.

I have some interest in Merrill, but I would have to get a big + to even consider making a deal for O'Reilly, maybe the plus could be someone like Zajac, only 27 yrs old, who could be O'Reilly's replacement and adding Merrill would help the defensive prospects.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:33 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
I'm not really interested in anything (realistically) from the Devils.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:36 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I'm not really interested in anything (realistically) from the Devils.
Agreed, they have some nice prospects, but they're prospects and lol at anyone wanting to get Larsson from them.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:41 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Yeah lol i though of Larsson right away when i read it

Old
01-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Larsson the guy we didn't pick? That would be interesting. Devils I would assume add?
I wouldn't trade Larsson straight up for ROR if I were the Devils. O'rielly is at best a 2nd line center, I wouldn't trade a potential number 1 defender for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Sadly I did the same thing and came to the exact same conclusion. Honestly the only guy I'd want is Larsson, don't want Kovalchuk with his baggage and the always imminent threat of leaving for the KHL.

So basically Larsson or bust for me if it would be the Devils. But I see no way that they part with Larsson as they just took him with the 4th overall pick last year.

I have some interest in Merrill, but I would have to get a big + to even consider making a deal for O'Reilly, maybe the plus could be someone like Zajac, only 27 yrs old, who could be O'Reilly's replacement and adding Merrill would help the defensive prospects.
Kovy's baggage? I would love to know what baggage you're referring to Chet. Also there is not an imminent threat he will leave for the KHL... ever.

I seriously wonder what does poor kovy have to do win people over? The guy gets crapped on for literally no reason. He's a leader, he fights, he sticks up for his teammates, he isn't a defensive liability(anymore) and he's an offensive wizard. Does he have to change his name to Eli Knowalchuck, for people to like him? It's funny you mentioned Merrill talk about baggage.

In any case, there's no way in hell Lou would trade Kovy(his next captain) for a guy that actually left his team for the KHL.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
I wouldn't be surprised if the Devils did offer Larsson and the Avs need to steer clear. As I mentioned in my 2011 Draft rankings, he's not going to turn out to be the superstar everyone thinks he is. He'll be a solid Sami Salo type player...that's it.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Ok let the auction begin : Kulikov ,OEK , Yandle ,Larsson ,Hedman ,T.Myers ,Gardiner + ,Subban , ........

Old
01-13-2013, 09:59 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I wouldn't trade Larsson straight up for ROR if I were the Devils. O'rielly is at best a 2nd line center, I wouldn't trade a potential number 1 defender for him.

Kovy's baggage? I would love to know what baggage you're referring to Chet. Also there is not an imminent threat he will leave for the KHL... ever.

I seriously wonder what does poor kovy have to do win people over? The guy gets crapped on for literally no reason. He's a leader, he fights, he sticks up for his teammates, he isn't a defensive liability(anymore) and he's an offensive wizard. Does he have to change his name to Eli Knowalchuck, for people to like him? It's funny you mentioned Merrill talk about baggage.

In any case, there's no way in hell Lou would trade Kovy(his next captain) for a guy that actually left his team for the KHL.
My family is of Russian heritage, I like Russian players and cheer for them in international competitions. But of all the Russian star players in the NHL, Kovy and Semin would be my 1a/1b pick of players that would bolt to the KHL if they didn't get their ways.

Kovy is an amazing talent, but he is a me first player that I don't want on a young team with lots of impressionable players. If management is pissed how O'Reilly is acting I can't imagine the war that would be waged if Kovy and management had a disagreement.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
He sure as hell wasn't getting his way in ATl yet, didn't bolt or ask for a trade. He simply waited until he was eligible to leave and he made it clear that he wasn't planning to re-signing, unlike a certain American player.

Considering, he was the reason Malkin and Ovy put there differences aside for the good of the NT, I would say the avs would be lucky to have such a good role model to guide the youngins.

You putting him 1a/1b as players to leave, with no real evidence.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
My gut feeling still think that Radar will be with the Avs when we'll start against the wild , next Sat. Maybe it's wishful thinking but i dont think we'll trade him or at least not now . When you have young assets , like the Avs does with Ryan O'Reilly, you must make sure , for the good of your team, that you're gonna get the right players in return. You dont trade a young player just like that or if you're not careful it will come back to haunt you because that's the kind of trade that could scar your franchise for a long time.

i'm not saying that O'Reilly is the next Joe Sakic , but i believe he will be good enough that we must take all the time we need to make a trade ...IF they decide to make a trade.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
My gut feeling still think that Radar will be with the Avs when we'll start against the wild , next Sat. Maybe it's wishful thinking but i dont think we'll trade him or at least not now . When you have young assets , like the Avs does with Ryan O'Reilly, you must make sure , for the good of your team, that you're gonna get the right players in return. You dont trade a young player just like that or if you're not careful it will come back to haunt you because that's the kind of trade that could scar your franchise for a long time.

i'm not saying that O'Reilly is the next Joe Sakic , but i believe he will be good enough that we must take all the time we need to make a trade ...IF they decide to make a trade.
I hope you're right. Traditionally, we've seen management frown upon this kind of behavior. He might very well get all signed up for the season opener but I think every Avs fan will be expecting him to get moved at some point rather that Stastny now that this apparently has gotten 'messy'. (still largely speculation at this point but it doesn't look good)

Old
01-14-2013, 06:24 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Watch them sign him and change his number to 18...

Old
01-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Whats amusing with all the Leafs fans burping up numbers is that none of them acknowledge that Leafs were using a run and gun system and were leaking goals against. Once they tighten up their tactic and try to win more, the numbers of Lupul, Kessel, Bozak and Gardiner will drop. I happens with most players on teams that try to play more responsible.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Whats amusing with all the Leafs fans burping up numbers is that none of them acknowledge that Leafs were using a run and gun system and were leaking goals against. Once they tighten up their tactic and try to win more, the numbers of Lupul, Kessel, Bozak and Gardiner will drop. I happens with most players on teams that try to play more responsible.

Exactly. Part of the reason why Stastny's productions has went down so much the last 2 years has been because Sacco has started enforcing a much more Defensive strategy. Were not the run and gun team we once were, were now more of a trap dump and chase Defense first team.

The fact that Stastny has still been a Top 2 scorer for the Avs the last 2 years should be proof enough that he's still playing very well. The Avs just aren't scoring like they used to.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:40 AM
hockeyfish

O'Reilly can be signed to an offer sheet as well, right? Does anyone know if there were any changes to that system in the new CBA.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:53 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

I'd imagine if NJ is interested in O'Reilly, they will have to offer sheet him. There isn't much that they would be willing to give up IMO that would make it worth trading ROR. Phoenix and Florida are the two places that scream they need ROR. Both places need center help and both have good defensive depth, perfect trading partners.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Foppa2118

I can't believe I woke up this morning to no trade or signing news on O'Reilly. It really sounds like the Avs may have been the team that changed their minds on that Phoenix deal. I wonder what it was.

That said, it's been awfully quiet on all fronts regarding Ryan since late last afternoon. Eerily quiet. Nothing from the beat writers (not that they do their job particularly well anyway) nothing from McKenzie or anyone else since a couple early comments. We all know where that usually leads.

I just hope they can put together some kind of package for Yandle. It's going to take something special, but I don't see this team being better after the trade if it's for question marks like Kulikov, Gormley, or someone else. They need an established LH offensive defenseman, and Yandle fits that perfectly. He may have some defensive deficiencies, but he has a high level offensive game, and doesn't come with the usual size or softness issues that most offensive defenseman like that do. He'll step right in a provide some of that character, and leadership lost with Radar as well.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 01-14-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old
01-14-2013, 11:20 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
O'Reilly can be signed to an offer sheet as well, right? Does anyone know if there were any changes to that system in the new CBA.
No direct changes.

Edit: It's more difficult to offer front loaded contracts now. Also, the "home team" can offer one more year.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:28 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Thomas Hickey on waivers. Would anyone here take a chance on him?

A change of environment could maybe get him going.

More:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
More waivers: M Ford, D Syvret (PHI). B Lerg, S Sullivan, B Thomas (COL). P-L Letourneau-Leblond (ANA). T Eckford, H Jessiman, N Lawson (OTT

Closed Thread