HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings trade Kevin Westgarth to Carolina for Anthony Stewart, '13 4th rd, '14 6th rd

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 06:07 PM
  #101
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,209
vCash: 500
I'm gonna miss Westy -- he was one of my favorite Kings. However, this is a great deal. We were probably gonna waive him anyway, and if we didn't, he would play, what, three games in 48 under Sutter?

Great haul for him too. Even if AStew doesn't work out, we waive him and give the Monarchs some depth. If he doesn't clear waivers, his contract is off the books. In the best scenario, Sutter lights a fire under his you-know-what and he becomes a solid bottom-six player for us. PLUS we get two picks.

Love it.

TwoForRoughing is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:09 PM
  #102
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
By the way Ducks just invited PIERRE-LUC LETOURNEAU LEBLOND to camp. They now have Staubitz, Leblond, possibly Rosehill (AHL contract), Bodi, and Souray in camp. Way tougher than the Kings.
Of all the things to worry about. Rosehill doesn't have an NHL contract, and Troy Bodie(I assume) didn't even play in the league last year. And they invited Leblond! He's barely played in the league since 2010, and he barely played in 2010.

KingsFan7824 is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:21 PM
  #103
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,251
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
I'm gonna miss Westy -- he was one of my favorite Kings. However, this is a great deal. We were probably gonna waive him anyway, and if we didn't, he would play, what, three games in 48 under Sutter?

Great haul for him too. Even if AStew doesn't work out, we waive him and give the Monarchs some depth. If he doesn't clear waivers, his contract is off the books. In the best scenario, Sutter lights a fire under his you-know-what and he becomes a solid bottom-six player for us. PLUS we get two picks.

Love it.
Yeah. Even if we lost AStew on waivers, that's still Westy for a 4th and 6th. John Scott netted the Hawks only a 5th. Barch and a 6th only got a 5th and a scrub prospect. Enforcers rarely get traded and when they do, its for one late pick really. We got two and a 4th is a pretty good thing with DL drafting.

CNS is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:33 PM
  #104
riseandfall9
Registered User
 
riseandfall9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Felt bad for Westy today. He was walking out of the Practice facility and was signing an autograph for some chick. Chick asked him why he wasn't on the ice... he said they traded me...

riseandfall9 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:00 PM
  #105
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Felt bad for Westy today. He was walking out of the Practice facility and was signing an autograph for some chick. Chick asked him why he wasn't on the ice... he said they traded me...
Considering the circumstances, this is the best for him though. He's been working out with the Hurricanes, his wife is from there, and he will get a chance to play.

ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:08 PM
  #106
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,533
vCash: 500
If nothing else I think Stewart has enough skill to keep guys like Nolan, Clifford, and King on their toes. Competition for roster spots is a good thing.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:21 PM
  #107
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If nothing else I think Stewart has enough skill to keep guys like Nolan, Clifford, and King on their toes. Competition for roster spots is a good thing.
Yup.

Clifford needs to step it up this year. Heck Lewis has got to put some points on the board.

You can't have a guy playing third line minutes providing Zero offense.

7 points in 72 games is just not acceptable, considering the minutes Lewis gets.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:46 PM
  #108
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Stewart is and always has been an enigmatic player. He has top 6 skills but is so inconsistent that he seems to always end up fighting just to get ice time. There are lots of guys like him around. IF he can play his game with any consistency then he might keep Nolan King etc on their toes, if not he will be someone who can be used as needed.

To me the thing that can't be overlooked are the draft picks. With our staff those are two very nice pieces going into the 13 draft. Nice bit of depth for Westgarth.

etherialone is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:55 PM
  #109
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,143
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I think (based on CAR fans comments and the Boucher trade) that the real money paid to Stewart has more to do with it than the cap hit...
The net difference is pretty small

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:20 PM
  #110
CaniacManiac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Will be glad to never have to see Stewart hump Cam Ward again. Always ticked me off. Always pleasant to the fans but very inconsistent. We couldn't give him away on waivers last year so basically is the picks for Westgarth. It fills a hole for us on the 4th line and we finally have someone to look after Skinner.

If you're happy we're happy. See ya on the flip side.



Last edited by CaniacManiac: 01-13-2013 at 08:32 PM.
CaniacManiac is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:26 PM
  #111
Basilisk
Registered User
 
Basilisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
2 picks and Anthony Stewart? For an enforcer?

LoL, George Parros for a 2nd?

Basilisk is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:38 PM
  #112
Mr Los Angeles
Registered User
 
Mr Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Great trade for the kings

Mr Los Angeles is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:45 PM
  #113
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
One thing that worries me is that we don't have any players with a mean streak. Ducks have tons I'd like 2 dirty 3rd liners like a Downie or Carcillo. I love our players I just wish they were much more mean

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
  #114
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,143
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacManiac View Post
Will be glad to never have to see Stewart hump Cam Ward again.
So is Rutherford's next trade for a yellow lab?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:50 PM
  #115
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
One thing that worries me is that we don't have any players with a mean streak. Ducks have tons I'd like 2 dirty 3rd liners like a Downie or Carcillo. I love our players I just wish they were much more mean
Playing against teams that don't have players like ANA has means they either won't be on the ice or will take dumb penalties trying to keep up.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:53 PM
  #116
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Playing against teams that don't have players like ANA has means they either won't be on the ice or will take dumb penalties trying to keep up.
I'm not talking about goons I'm talking about players with mean streaks that can play too, but they can change the tempo if needed or avenge a King who got rocked.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:55 PM
  #117
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I'm not talking about goons I'm talking about players with mean streaks that can play too, but they can change the tempo if needed or avenge a King who got rocked.
Clifford and Nolan fill that role, you also have Brown, Mitchell, Penner, Richards that are willing to drop gloves.

Id rather the Kings win games than worry about who is tougher.

For once in Kings history, the Kings make teams adjust their lineups and match ups.

Embrace that Kings fans.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:58 PM
  #118
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,251
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Clifford and Nolan fill that role, you also have Brown, Mitchell, Penner, Richards that are willing to drop gloves.

Id rather the Kings win games than worry about who is tougher.

For once in Kings history, the Kings make teams adjust their lineups and match ups.

Embrace that Kings fans.
And you forgot King will drop em and Greene will get punched in the face as well. We have plenty of guys who can fight if need be.

CNS is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:58 PM
  #119
CaniacManiac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
So is Rutherford's next trade for a yellow lab?

No........Its for a Dingo

CaniacManiac is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:11 PM
  #120
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
And you forgot King will drop em and Greene will get punched in the face as well. We have plenty of guys who can fight if need be.
**** this lockout sorta made me forget. Thanks for refreshing me.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:21 PM
  #121
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,143
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacManiac View Post
No........Its for a Dingo
You'd better start hiding babies

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:29 PM
  #122
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
One thing that worries me is that we don't have any players with a mean streak. Ducks have tons I'd like 2 dirty 3rd liners like a Downie or Carcillo. I love our players I just wish they were much more mean
LOL Carcillo and Downie have no control....hell don't you remember when Downie came to LA and DD hit him and he went ape ****....WM ended up fighting him.

Also Carcillo LOLOLOLOLOL hope the Hawks got a good PK...well actually I don't

KingLB is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:35 PM
  #123
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
LOL Carcillo and Downie have no control....hell don't you remember when Downie came to LA and DD hit him and he went ape ****....WM ended up fighting him.

Also Carcillo LOLOLOLOLOL hope the Hawks got a good PK...well actually I don't
Yup and Downie got tagged with the extra 2 for instigating and a game misconduct IIRC.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:35 PM
  #124
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 8,687
vCash: 500
I wonder how Chris "Shhhh, We're Being Swept" Stewart feels about this?

DocWest is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:38 PM
  #125
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,915
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
LOL Carcillo and Downie have no control....hell don't you remember when Downie came to LA and DD hit him and he went ape ****....WM ended up fighting him.

Also Carcillo LOLOLOLOLOL hope the Hawks got a good PK...well actually I don't
I totally agree. We don't need any of those types. Why do we have to change the way our team is to be like anyone else's? We have a great forecheck, great D, great goaltender, we do not need any of these kind of players that force us to kill a ton of penalties. If a team wants to be stupid and do that with their goons, hopefully we'll have a new PP that can punish them.

Live in the Now is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.