HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

UPDATE: Coyotes Looking For 2nd Line Center. Rumored To Be Toronto's Matt Lombardi

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 06:48 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
... and?

Guys right around him in GA's: Chara, Gardiner, Bieksa, Subban, Karlsson, Carlson....
Well, you asked .

Old
01-13-2013, 06:50 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Which part was unclear? I believe Yandle is more valuable than Krejci and that Boedker is more valuable than knight and the pick.
I was unclear if you meant that or you thought Krejci was more valuable. What in your eyes is far then

Old
01-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
People know who Kieth Yandle is... right?
Yes we do. From azcentral:

Quote:
A two-time All-Star, Yandle has played in every game the past three seasons. During that time, he’s racked up 143 points and is an impressive plus-33.

Yandle is an attractive piece for teams looking for a strong puck mover in transition and a power-play quarterback. Those contributions make him a valuable part of the Coyotes’ scheme, and he’s still under contract for four more seasons — including this abbreviated one.

Old
01-13-2013, 06:57 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Tatar isn't a great prospect, he's average.
Wow! Just.........wow.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:00 PM
DesertDawg

Likely Maloney was trying to get Connolly for a mid draft pick and this thread took off...

Old
01-13-2013, 07:12 PM
CheerstoBeers

Yandle loves the Bruins, he's a local guy and practices with Bruins players in off season and during the lockout. Seems like a good fit...I would be sad to see Krejci go but the value is there, Krejci is a gifted offensive weapon who can easily be a 1/2 centre and put up 60-70 pts annually

http://nesn.com/2012/09/report-keith...or-the-bruins/

Old
01-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Yandle just seems like a perfect player for boston. I have no clue who they could part with for him but once chara leaves a blue line anchored by Yandle and Hamilton will be sick.

I wonder if Krecji plus could get it done.

Back to Back posts about Yandle to Boston for Krecji....seems like a great fit doesn't it.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerstoBeers View Post
Yandle loves the Bruins, he's a local guy and practices with Bruins players in off season and during the lockout. Seems like a good fit...I would be sad to see Krejci go but the value is there, Krejci is a gifted offensive weapon who can easily be a 1/2 centre and put up 60-70 pts annually

http://nesn.com/2012/09/report-keith...or-the-bruins/
If I'm not reading this wrong it's not even Yandle who says he'd love to play for the Bruins.

But no, Yandle isn't getting moved this season or during the offseason. Teams are not willing to overpay for him so he isn't getting moved, it's as simple as that.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:24 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
If I'm not reading this wrong it's not even Yandle who says he'd love to play for the Bruins.

But no, Yandle isn't getting moved this season or during the offseason. Teams are not willing to overpay for him so he isn't getting moved, it's as simple as that.
Again when trades happen a team never over pays for another player. Posters have to start thinking and be realistic. I would say Krejci for Yandle is a pretty fair deal.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Matt Lombardi for say a 3rd or 4th? (We can keep some salary if it ups the value of the pick.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Which part was unclear? I believe Yandle is more valuable than Krejci and that Boedker is more valuable than knight and the pick.
I disagree. Yandle is a good dman but I find him extremely overrated. I wouldn't give up Krejci for him one for one. Yandle is good in the offensive zone but mediocre in his own zone. Dennis Wideman-esque,, who had one good year in Boston and otherwise was a disaster in Juliens system. Krejci goes to Phoenix and becomes their #1 center. Boston can't afford to give up a top line forward unless for an upgrade.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:36 PM
binx bolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Brock Nelson + for Brandon Gormley.

Both are close to NHL ready and have high upsides. Isles have a glut of center prospects while the Yotes have a a glut of defensemen prospects. Obviously Gormley is more decorated and well known but I feel they have similar upsides with Gormley getting the edge, which is why I suggested the plus.

Nelson is a big bodied center capable of playing center or wing. He plays in all three zones and is an excellent skater and has a heavy wrist shot.

Phoenix fans will probably shoot this down quickly but it I see a math even if it's not Gormley.
Brock Nelson is not the answer for scoring 2nd C. Right now anyway. From the PHX perspective, the isles aren't a great partner unless neilsen is involved. Would love either gormley or yandle coming back to the isles though

Old
01-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Haha. David Schlemko, Andy Miele, and a 2nd for MaxPac. No? Haha. Now you get it.
Hey, Eller was in that terrible deal. Your mockery involves nothing of value. So, his is still better.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
No it wouldn't. Yandle is the more effective and more valuable player.

ROR is a great player, and would fit like a glove in Phoenix. There is also a good chance his numbers would dip in a Dave Tippett system. I'd love to add him, nonetheless, but not at the cost of Yandle, who should really be a complete conversation killer in any trade talks.

I'd be open to talks involving ROR and Klesla or Rundblad or Stone or maybe even Gormley. Colorado likes Wolverines, right? Summers are Brown could be talked about, too. I'd give up a valuable package but not Yandle.
Oh no, it's ok, you don't have to bother...just give us future considerations while you're at it and it will be fine.

That's pretty weak bro. I'm familiar with your posts and I know you're a really knowledgeable poster but Rundblad? Summers? C'mon! Even Gormley has yet to prove anything at the NHL level. Avs would pass in a big way.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:25 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Gormley and another asset or two for Ryan O'Reilly is a flame worthy asset? Honest question; did you happen to catch the World Juniors last year, or the last Memorial Cup?

Anyway, here's my reservation with ROR; Joe Sacco versus Dave Tippett. They are basically polar opposite coaches. Look at Peter Mueller for an example. O'Reilly broke out in a huge way last season and is still pretty young, so it would make sense to assume is production will continue to increase. Take him off that squad and out of that system, put him in Phoenix, with the Coyotes, under Tippett and I think you may see a dip.

01-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Gormley and another asset or two for Ryan O'Reilly is a flame worthy asset? Honest question; did you happen to catch the World Juniors last year, or the last Memorial Cup?

Anyway, here's my reservation with ROR; Joe Sacco versus Dave Tippett. They are basically polar opposite coaches. Look at Peter Mueller for an example. O'Reilly broke out in a huge way last season and is still pretty young, so it would make sense to assume is production will continue to increase. Take him off that squad and out of that system, put him in Phoenix, with the Coyotes, under Tippett and I think you may see a dip.
Maybe that would be a huge deal if POINTS were the only thing this guy brings to the table but it's so much more than that.

Also, I'm quite certain you know that World JUNIOR and the MEM CUP are still junior ranks and there is nothing that guarantees that a junior player's game will translate to the pros. Junior is STILL junior hockey. Take it from a guy who saw Bryan Fogarty break Bobby Orr's OHL record for points LIVE.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I should've known when i made this thread to leave Yandle's speculation out of this. The ONLY reason why i said that he MAY be available is becausw our beat writer is under the impression that Michalek and OEL are the only untouchables.

That doesn't mean Maloney is shopping Yandle. He is just listening to all offers.

Yandle is not being traded unless it's a big overpayment, Maloney even said it himself. At the draft, Yandle's name popped up quite a bit, but GMDM made it clear that he was listening, but he was only going to make a move if it was a deal he could absolutely not refuse. Straight from the horses mouth. It's rumored he turned down Gagner and MPS, and whatever Detroit was offering. Yandle will not come easy, he is our number one defensman and most likely our future captain. He is a big part of our organization on and off the ice, and most importantly, he wants to be here, he didn't even want to sign with a foreign team in the lockout because he said himself that "Phoenix is my team." He's the most loyal person on our team behind Doan. Instead of going overseas, he stayed amd practiced with his teammates. All in all, what I'm trying to say is you won't get Yandle, unless you give up more than you are comfortable giving. That may not be how every General Manager does with his top players, but that's what Maloney does.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Maybe that would be a huge deal if POINTS were the only thing this guy brings to the table but it's so much more than that.

Also, I'm quite certain you know that World JUNIOR and the MEM CUP are still junior ranks and there is nothing that guarantees that a junior player's game will translate to the pros. Junior is STILL junior hockey. Take it from a guy who saw Bryan Fogarty break Bobby Orr's OHL record for points LIVE.
True. Gormley is completely unproven as a pro. ROR is not without mystery, himself, however. What comes after 26, 26, and 55? I do understand ROR is much more than just points. That said, there is a huge difference in the value of an elite defensive center who puts up 26pts a year and makes 4.5m a year (basically no trade value) and an elite defensive center who puts up 55pts a year and makes 4.5m a year (Jordan Staal trade value). The points do matter.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:19 PM
amjay13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I disagree. Yandle is a good dman but I find him extremely overrated. I wouldn't give up Krejci for him one for one. Yandle is good in the offensive zone but mediocre in his own zone. Dennis Wideman-esque,, who had one good year in Boston and otherwise was a disaster in Juliens system. Krejci goes to Phoenix and becomes their #1 center. Boston can't afford to give up a top line forward unless for an upgrade.
Sounds like someone who has watched 2 Coyotes games in the past 4 years. Keith Yandle is not Dennis Wideman. Krejci for Yandle, 1 for 1, is about as fair of a deal as you will find out there. I'd rather the Yotes didn't make that trade, but it would be hard to make a case against it.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:21 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
True. Gormley is completely unproven as a pro. ROR is not without mystery, himself, however. What comes after 26, 26, and 55? I do understand ROR is much more than just points. That said, there is a huge difference in the value of an elite defensive center who puts up 26pts a year and makes 4.5m a year (basically no trade value) and an elite defensive center who puts up 55pts a year and makes 4.5m a year (Jordan Staal trade value). The points do matter.
With all due respect here, O'Reilly put up those points back to back 26 point seasons in truly a 3rd line role, playing mostly with 3rd line players. This last year he played the majority with Landeskog, and then revolving door until Downie was acquired.

His line was our Top Line, his line received the most minutes (though not initially, but by the end of the season), and once his line started receiving the majority of the minutes, he continued being productive on the offensive side of the puck.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Oh you're right about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Yotes should trade Yandle for RoR and be happy about it. I'm merely saying that the Avs wouldn't give him up for prospects who are completely unproven at the NHL level.

Just to put some perspective into what you're saying about the points, last season was the 1st year where he was actually given the opportunity to play significant minutes with 'real' wingers [first Hejduk, then Winnik (ok he's less real) then Downie | he was with Lando from day 1] and actually play on the Power Play.

Average PP Time
2011-12 - Averaged 2:21mins of PP time per game (2nd amongst forwards)
2010-11 - Averaged 37seconds of PP time per game (12th amongst forwards)
2009-10 - Averaged 35seconds of PP time per game (12th amongst forwards)

Average Ice Time
2011-12 - Average ice time per game 19:31 per game (1st amongst forwards)
2010-11 - Average ice time per game 16:03 per game (10th amongst forwards)
2009-10 - Average ice time per game 16:45 per game (6th amongst forwards)

So the increase in his ice time is basically all PP time as well as putting up 26 points on the PP last season. When you compare that to his total of 4 points on the PP in 2010-11 and ZERO in 2009-10, basically O'Reilly has shown the ability to produce at the same rate as he's been given the opportunity combined with playing with better players rather than it being 'a lucky season', in my opinion.

I'm not going to debate whether or not that would change under Tippett because I don't know the answer to that question. Just food for thought as far as his progression since coming into the league as an 18 year old.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

Last time I offered Gagner+Hemsky for Hanzal+

Accoording to this thread, they need a 2C, Gagner is your average 2C, and Hemsky is a top-6 winger, so more offense for the top-6. Thoughts?

Old
01-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Halpysback

I'm gonna keep peddling Laich for Klesla until Yotes fans say yes.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:50 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post

The term "overpaying" is a subjective term, it's a matter of opinion. When two teams make a trade they have both agreed on the terms of the trade, it isn't overpaying. I'm a Leaf fan and people always bring up the Kessel trade. A lot of people in their view think the Leafs overpaid, when they didn't. Both Burke and Chiarelli agreed to the trade. It's not overpaying, the market is the market.

What does it mean when a team is "willing" to overpay? A GM doesn't go into negotiations thinking...well I'll only overpay by this much. They try to get the right deal for their team.

The word overpaying or overpaid gets used far too often in sports.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:12 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
Last time I offered Gagner+Hemsky for Hanzal+

Accoording to this thread, they need a 2C, Gagner is your average 2C, and Hemsky is a top-6 winger, so more offense for the top-6. Thoughts?
If we trade a center for another center we're still down a center? Plus, Hanzal is way more important to the Coyotes than both Gagner and Hemsky would be combined.

Closed Thread