HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

The Hockey World Turns Up the Heat V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 11:22 AM
  #576
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"
 
starsfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denton, TX - UNT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 995
Kings trade Kevin Westgarth to Carolina for Anthony Stewart, 2013 4th, 2014 6th

starsfan24 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:26 AM
  #577
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 558
Good player to get for Carolina.

Cin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:27 AM
  #578
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 558
Also, Dan Ellis to Carolina is a big move as well. Especially with how little he costs.

Ward-Ellis is a very capable duo for a short, jam packed season.

Cin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:17 PM
  #579
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 558
Cam Barker is officially gone, and with Vancouver now. Whew.

Cin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:17 PM
  #580
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,740
vCash: 1495
Cam Barker signs in Vancouver.

__________________
"Now when people ask me where I'm from, I tell them Texas. Dallas, Texas." - Mike Modano, March 8th, 2014

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:21 PM
  #581
piqued
Global Moderator
go
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,706
vCash: 27750
The guy must have some serious connections.

piqued is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
  #582
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 558
Cody Bass and Ben Maxwell on waivers. Could be good pickups to try and send to Texas. Bass would add a big presence to C on the fourth line for Dallas in a situation where we need to rest players.

Either likely to happen? No.

Cin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:43 PM
  #583
piqued
Global Moderator
go
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,706
vCash: 27750
Who?

piqued is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
  #584
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,727
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Cody Bass and Ben Maxwell on waivers. Could be good pickups to try and send to Texas. Bass would add a big presence to C on the fourth line for Dallas in a situation where we need to rest players.

Either likely to happen? No.
You can't claim a guy off of waivers and send them to your AHL team. That's what there current teams are attempting to do.

They have to be on your NHL roster if you claim them.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
  #585
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 558
Depth players. You should watch some out of market games Only kidding.

Cin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM
  #586
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
You can't claim a guy off of waivers and send them to your AHL team. That's what there current teams are attempting to do.

They have to be on your NHL roster if you claim them.
Right, that's why I said try to get them to Texas. Worst case scenario is we pick them up and another team claims them.

edit- Is that even possible anymore?

Cin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:49 PM
  #587
Primetimey
Registered User
 
Primetimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 83
I would have said yes to Maxwell 2-3 years ago, but if anything he is on the decline.

Primetimey is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:52 PM
  #588
Primetimey
Registered User
 
Primetimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 83
Wow, look at this crowd for the Jets training camp.

http://instagram.com/p/UbudvzDVpE/

Primetimey is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:52 PM
  #589
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,727
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Right, that's why I said try to get them to Texas. Worst case scenario is we pick them up and another team claims them.
.. but there is no try.

If no one other than Dallas made a claim at the time they were waived, you have to give them back to their original team who can immediately place them with their AHL team.

I get your point that Texas could use more depth, but this isn't a realistic option to accomplish that.

Plus, if Texas is patient, you could see guys like Brett Ritchie and Scott Winkler coming in a couple months. There's almost no way Niagara get's out of the first round of the OHL playoffs, and CC doesn't exactly look like they make any noise ... or even get an invite ... to the NCAA tourney.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:53 PM
  #590
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
.. but there is no try.

If no one other than Dallas made a claim at the time they were waived, you have to give them back to their original team who can immediately place them with their AHL team.

I get your point that Texas could use more depth, but this isn't a realistic option to accomplish that.

Plus, if Texas is patient, you could see guys like Brett Ritchie and Scott Winkler coming in a couple months. There's almost no way Niagara get's out of the first round of the OHL playoffs, and CC doesn't exactly look like they make any noise ... or even get an invite ... to the NCAA tourney.
Okay gotcha. I need to reeducate myself with waiver rules.

Cin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
  #591
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Wow, look at this crowd for the Jets training camp.

http://instagram.com/p/UbudvzDVpE/
Wow! St. Louis had a pretty beefed up crowd as well.

Cin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
  #592
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,727
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Okay gotcha. I need to reeducate myself with waiver rules.
The excellent point stands though that it might be time to find some help down in Texas, especially when you consider the significant injury risk a short season causes.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:01 PM
  #593
piqued
Global Moderator
go
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,706
vCash: 27750
Meh, not really. They have Dowling now, A. Smith hopefully coming off the bench, and Glennie taking a bigger role. They're more than capable of continuing to compete and win.

piqued is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:04 PM
  #594
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Meh, not really. They have Dowling now, A. Smith hopefully coming off the bench, and Glennie taking a bigger role. They're more than capable of continuing to compete and win.
Who?

Cin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:04 PM
  #595
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,727
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Meh, not really. They have Dowling now, A. Smith hopefully coming off the bench, and Glennie taking a bigger role They're more than capable of continuing to compete and win.
Now yes. I'm referring to down the line when Dallas is getting hit with injuries that are very likely to occur.

I agree with Cin they should probably keep their eyes open if something is available. There could be plenty of NHLers who give in after not getting a contract that might look for a PTO.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:42 PM
  #596
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C
 
FrailSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
GMJN will be on Sports Sunday with Doocy tonight.

FrailSwan is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:56 PM
  #597
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn
 
eartotheground's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stockholm South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,440
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post
GMJN will be on Sports Sunday with Doocy tonight.
surely a hard hitting interview... considering the hockey sagacity of Doocy....

eartotheground is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:00 PM
  #598
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C
 
FrailSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eartotheground View Post
surely a hard hitting interview... considering the hockey sagacity of Doocy....
He's not amazing, but he's better than the rest of the network sports clowns in dfw.

FrailSwan is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:23 PM
  #599
Rune Forumwalker
Registered User
 
Rune Forumwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post
He's not amazing, but he's better than the rest of the network sports clowns in dfw.
Hanson?

Rune Forumwalker is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:26 PM
  #600
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C
 
FrailSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Hanson?
Mr. Hockey?

FrailSwan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.