HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 03:26 PM
  #951
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
I'd love to see a Lagace/Gibson matchup.
Two goalie you just don't want to face in the playoffs. They're the kind of guys who could steal a series if they get hot.

Dgill is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 03:28 PM
  #952
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Yes, but Lagace's not the starter right now...

RJQuack is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
  #953
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
That won't last. Dwyer isn't crazy enough to go with Bibeau over Lagace. Anyways, I thought they were alternating them - neither one being the solidified starter.

Dasachtach is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:04 PM
  #954
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
That won't last. Dwyer isn't crazy enough to go with Bibeau over Lagace. Anyways, I thought they were alternating them - neither one being the solidified starter.
Will, and has. It's lasted almost 4 months now, Bibeau has been far and away the better goalie. Lagace has looked like a back-up this season. Lagace has had his chances and Bibeau has been much better.

If Bibeau falters they may rotate, but right now he's #1.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:14 PM
  #955
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
How can you not even mention the pass by Mackinnon on that goal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneberg View Post
Wow if you can't appreciate that saucer pass you must have never picked up a stick in your life because you clearly don't understand hockey very well if you equate that with a standard stretch pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
Yea I wasn't even going to bother responding because this guy clearly has never played hockey before
It's amazing, the arrogance in these posts. Can a man not just be wowed by Drouin's goal which was pretty in its own right? Is there some obligation to acknowledge every player on the ice? Yes, MacKinnon's pass was a beauty but you criticise (fst6) like he did some horrible wrong...

The funniest thing about your posts is that, if you're going to call someone out on "how much hockey they've played in their life" at least know what you are talking about. I wouldn't get so worked up by something like this, but it wasn't even a saucer pass... Anyone who's played hockey knows a saucer pass does not flip in the air like a knuckle puck... Again, don't chew people out and then make an incorrect statement...

Yeesh,

RJQuack is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:27 PM
  #956
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
It's amazing, the arrogance in these posts. Can a man not just be wowed by Drouin's goal which was pretty in its own right? Is there some obligation to acknowledge every player on the ice? Yes, MacKinnon's pass was a beauty but you criticise (fst6) like he did some horrible wrong...

The funniest thing about your posts is that, if you're going to call someone out on "how much hockey they've played in their life" at least know what you are talking about. I wouldn't get so worked up by something like this, but it wasn't even a saucer pass... Anyone who's played hockey knows a saucer pass does not flip in the air like a knuckle puck... Again, don't chew people out and then make an incorrect statement...

Yeesh,
That's a paddlin'.

Dgill is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:36 PM
  #957
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
That's a paddlin'.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
  #958
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
It's amazing, the arrogance in these posts. Can a man not just be wowed by Drouin's goal which was pretty in its own right? Is there some obligation to acknowledge every player on the ice? Yes, MacKinnon's pass was a beauty but you criticise (fst6) like he did some horrible wrong...

The funniest thing about your posts is that, if you're going to call someone out on "how much hockey they've played in their life" at least know what you are talking about. I wouldn't get so worked up by something like this, but it wasn't even a saucer pass... Anyone who's played hockey knows a saucer pass does not flip in the air like a knuckle puck... Again, don't chew people out and then make an incorrect statement...

Yeesh,
Don't you just love online message boards?

Libbs is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:01 PM
  #959
CrosKinnon
Registered User
 
CrosKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cole Harbour
Country: Canada
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
It's amazing, the arrogance in these posts. Can a man not just be wowed by Drouin's goal which was pretty in its own right? Is there some obligation to acknowledge every player on the ice? Yes, MacKinnon's pass was a beauty but you criticise (fst6) like he did some horrible wrong...

The funniest thing about your posts is that, if you're going to call someone out on "how much hockey they've played in their life" at least know what you are talking about. I wouldn't get so worked up by something like this, but it wasn't even a saucer pass... Anyone who's played hockey knows a saucer pass does not flip in the air like a knuckle puck... Again, don't chew people out and then make an incorrect statement...

Yeesh,
You can be wowed by the goal by drouin, but calling MacKinnons pass your typical breakaway pass is hilarious.

Incorrect statement? As the play unfolded live I watched the puck leave Nates stick and immediately focused my attention to Jo. I didn't follow the flight path of the puck. Regardless, a flip pass and saucer pass both fall under a category of difficulty far above your generic stretch pass, which was the main point of the posts.

Flip passes are even harder than saucer passes so that just reinforces the lack of appreciation for the difficulty of the pass. One other guy on the team could of put that pass there, he just happened to be the guy that received it.

Flame away

CrosKinnon is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:52 PM
  #960
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Don't you just love online message boards?
A place where you can come to a conclusion on how much hockey someones played in there life

RJQuack is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:56 PM
  #961
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
You can be wowed by the goal by drouin, but calling MacKinnons pass your typical breakaway pass is hilarious.

Incorrect statement? As the play unfolded live I watched the puck leave Nates stick and immediately focused my attention to Jo. I didn't follow the flight path of the puck. Regardless, a flip pass and saucer pass both fall under a category of difficulty far above your generic stretch pass, which was the main point of the posts.

Flip passes are even harder than saucer passes so that just reinforces the lack of appreciation for the difficulty of the pass. One other guy on the team could of put that pass there, he just happened to be the guy that received it.

Flame away
No I'm done. And don't tell me to flame away when you're the one jumping to conclusions and starting this lol.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 08:32 AM
  #962
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
That won't last. Dwyer isn't crazy enough to go with Bibeau over Lagace. Anyways, I thought they were alternating them - neither one being the solidified starter.
Have you seen them play or even bother to look up their stats this season

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:13 AM
  #963
HFX902
Registered User
 
HFX902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Matthew Boudreau with 30 goals this season.. not bad not bad.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=124904

HFX902 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
  #964
HFX902
Registered User
 
HFX902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
How can you not even mention the pass by Mackinnon on that goal

HFX902 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 03:38 PM
  #965
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
A place where you can come to a conclusion on how much hockey someones played in there life
Apparently so.

Libbs is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 04:33 PM
  #966
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,731
vCash: 50
For those of you in the HRM, there is a practice for the Prospects Game tonight at the Metro Center from 7-9 open free to the public. Doors open at 6:30, first 1000 people get a shirt of either Nate, Drouin, or Fucale.

I've been here since 4:15.... I want my damn shirt

EDIT: Seth Jones walked right by us about 20minutes ago! Guy is taaalllllll!!!!!


Last edited by George Maharis: 01-14-2013 at 05:07 PM.
George Maharis is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 01:00 PM
  #967
Stoneberg
Bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
It's amazing, the arrogance in these posts. Can a man not just be wowed by Drouin's goal which was pretty in its own right? Is there some obligation to acknowledge every player on the ice? Yes, MacKinnon's pass was a beauty but you criticise (fst6) like he did some horrible wrong...

The funniest thing about your posts is that, if you're going to call someone out on "how much hockey they've played in their life" at least know what you are talking about. I wouldn't get so worked up by something like this, but it wasn't even a saucer pass... Anyone who's played hockey knows a saucer pass does not flip in the air like a knuckle puck... Again, don't chew people out and then make an incorrect statement...

Yeesh,
So I guess you missed the part where Croskinnon was completely dismissed and disrespected for trying to bring up the fact that the pass was noteable on the play? Sorry, but anyone who first insults someone and then tries to call the pass a stadard breakaway pass deserves every question about his hockey knowledge he has coming to him.

Thanks for nitpicking the details of the pass (although it clearly wasn't the point), but I watched it live and was extremely impressed. Sorry I didn't wait to review the video in detail like it appears you did based on the timing of your response, considering you were responding to posts after ours before even generating your mindless rant above.

I've been to every home game the past two seasons, and I've seen that forehand backhand finish from multiple players (mainly Jo though, cause he's the best at it) from our team and others visiting, and that's the best sauce/flip pass I've seen the past two seasons (although the Konrad to Nate one last year is very close).

Since your selective reading skills are at such a high level I guess I'll leave it at that so you don't get too confused with all the words on the screen in front of you.

(insert childish emoticon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
No I'm done. And don't tell me to flame away when you're the one jumping to conclusions and starting this lol.
Oh he started this? I suggest you re-read the sequence of posts again, Sherlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX902 View Post
Can we please have at least a Junior High age restriction on these boards?

Stoneberg is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 01:25 PM
  #968
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
First world problems!

When you have a first place team and not much to nit pick (we as humans are inherently negative) this is the kind of squabbling you get.

Libbs is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 01:26 PM
  #969
CrosKinnon
Registered User
 
CrosKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cole Harbour
Country: Canada
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneberg View Post
So I guess you missed the part where Croskinnon was completely dismissed and disrespected for trying to bring up the fact that the pass was noteable on the play? Sorry, but anyone who first insults someone and then tries to call the pass a stadard breakaway pass deserves every question about his hockey knowledge he has coming to him.

Thanks for nitpicking the details of the pass (although it clearly wasn't the point), but I watched it live and was extremely impressed. Sorry I didn't wait to review the video in detail like it appears you did based on the timing of your response, considering you were responding to posts after ours before even generating your mindless rant above.

I've been to every home game the past two seasons, and I've seen that forehand backhand finish from multiple players (mainly Jo though, cause he's the best at it) from our team and others visiting, and that's the best sauce/flip pass I've seen the past two seasons (although the Konrad to Nate one last year is very close).

Since your selective reading skills are at such a high level I guess I'll leave it at that so you don't get too confused with all the words on the screen in front of you.

(insert childish emoticon)
Oh he started this? I suggest you re-read the sequence of posts again, Sherlock.

Can we please have at least a Junior High age restriction on these boards?
He thinks I started it and that the details of the pass were important to our point. Don't bother.

CrosKinnon is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 02:35 PM
  #970
Flyers12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Friday game in Quebec will be a walk in the park for the Mooseheads.

My oppinion : Halifax 8 Quebec 1

Flyers12 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 04:30 PM
  #971
Christmas Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
Yea I wasn't even going to bother responding because this guy clearly has never played hockey before
I think it says more about how much hockey YOU'VE played if you are in awe by a saucer pass.

Especially when it wasn't one

Christmas Izzy is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 04:33 PM
  #972
Christmas Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,272
vCash: 500
Either way, nice pass.

I didn't mean to come off as a ****** in my post. I was typing it on my phone so I wasn't so into it

Christmas Izzy is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
  #973
CrosKinnon
Registered User
 
CrosKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cole Harbour
Country: Canada
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
I think it says more about how much hockey YOU'VE played if you are in awe by a saucer pass.

Especially when it wasn't one
Sorry, it's been awhile since Nate use to throw those passes in my direction

CrosKinnon is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 08:58 PM
  #974
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Wow... can you guys let it go?

It was a great play that resulted in the game winning goal. Lets leave it at that and move on, shall we?

Libbs is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 12:21 AM
  #975
CrosKinnon
Registered User
 
CrosKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cole Harbour
Country: Canada
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Wow... can you guys let it go?

It was a great play that resulted in the game winning goal. Lets leave it at that and move on, shall we?
Thoughts on the prospect game?

CrosKinnon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.