HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexei Emelin to NYR

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 09:21 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Nope, i'm comparing Kristo to Kreider. And if you actually watched Kristo (as claim to) you would know that Brock Nelson is no longer playing for UND. Kristo has 30pts in 20 games. I'll do the math for you. 1.5pts/game.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...005822013.html

So do some research before you spout off sport. And on that note i'm done educating misguided NYR fans.
Neither is Kreider, therefore I was using stats from previous seasons, as you were trying to before and are now changing the subject because you are just plain wrong. Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with reading your own posts and admiring them, you would have realized that he's played 2 years with Nelson at UND.

There really is no getting through to you, it's sad.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Neither is Kreider, therefore I was using stats from previous seasons, as you were trying to before and are now changing the subject because you are just plain wrong. Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with reading your own posts and admiring them, you would have realized that he's played 2 years with Nelson at UND.

There really is no getting through to you, it's sad.
My statement was and i quote: "He was a point/game in his final year of college. Wow, that's lofty. Let me check Danny Kristo's stats...."

And i checked DK's stats and low and behold he is 1.5 pts/game. You are the one making stupid claims that it has to do with who he plays with. Brock Nelson is no longer playing with and really - who cares. Gaudreau played on the same team with Kreider. The bottom line is that a player who achieves a pt/game in college is not destined for "elite" status. Or as captaincally calls is... "elite"compliment player.

So while i get that reading comprehension isn't your strong point - you are best to stop now while you are far behind than to dig even more of a hole for yourself. Because you are grasping at straws and none of what you are saying makes any sense or even validates any of your points! It just proves mine!! lol

Have a good evening and try not to stress about this!

Old
01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
My statement was and i quote: "He was a point/game in his final year of college. Wow, that's lofty. Let me check Danny Kristo's stats...."

And i checked DK's stats and low and behold he is 1.5 pts/game. You are the one making stupid claims that it has to do with who he plays with. Brock Nelson is no longer playing with and really - who cares. Gaudreau played on the same team with Kreider. The bottom line is that a player who achieves a pt/game in college is not destined for "elite" status. Or as captaincally calls is... "elite"compliment player.
First off, you're comparing a player that's playing at College right now to a player that's playing in the AHL... And comprehension isn't my strong point????

Second, who cares? Of course you'd say something like that. Quality of linemates has nothing to do with production since everyone is Wayne Gretzky, right?

Third, quote me on where I said Kreider will achieve "elite" status. I DARE you to find a quote from me. Good luck searching, you can come back to me in the afterlife when our corpses are rotting. It might just take you a while.

Quote:
So while i get that reading comprehension isn't your strong point - you are best to stop now while you are far behind than to dig even more of a hole for yourself. Because you are grasping at straws and none of what you are saying makes any sense or even validates any of your points! It just proves mine!! lol

Have a good evening and try not to stress about this!
I mean the irony is just killing me here. All you're doing is just twisting things to suit whatever argument you think that you have, but ignoring the main point at hand. Which is the comparison of their stats in their respective years in College. Kreider played 3 years at BC. Kristo in his 3rd, while Kreider is playing in the AHL, yet you're going off about a 1.5 point per game average in the NCAA while Kreider is trash because he only put up a point per game while playing lesser minutes on a team that was more balanced.

You know absolutely NOHTING about the NCAA. Stop posting as if you have a clue about it. You do nothing but read stats off of hockey DB, which anyone can do. Start watching UND before you make such absurd statements.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:25 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
First off, you're comparing a player that's playing at College right now to a player that's playing in the AHL... And comprehension isn't my strong point????

Second, who cares? Of course you'd say something like that. Quality of linemates has nothing to do with production since everyone is Wayne Gretzky, right?

Third, quote me on where I said Kreider will achieve "elite" status. I DARE you to find a quote from me. Good luck searching, you can come back to me in the afterlife when our corpses are rotting. It might just take you a while.

I mean the irony is just killing me here. All you're doing is just twisting things to suit whatever argument you think that you have, but ignoring the main point at hand. Which is the comparison of their stats in their respective years in College. Kreider played 3 years at BC. Kristo in his 3rd, while Kreider is playing in the AHL, yet you're going off about a 1.5 point per game average in the NCAA while Kreider is trash because he only put up a point per game while playing lesser minutes on a team that was more balanced.

You know absolutely NOHTING about the NCAA. Stop posting as if you have a clue about it. You do nothing but read stats off of hockey DB, which anyone can do. Start watching UND before you make such absurd statements.

All you are making up is excuses. Kreider was a pt/game player in college. Kristo is a 1.5pt/game player in college now and last season was a pt/game player. Does that mean that Kristo is a star in the making? Hell no. The same stands for Kreider. Who they played with is irrelevant. Both have (and had) good teammates. Your argument that Kreider had no one to play with is sour grapes. Excuses. Garbage!

Now fast forward to today. Kreider is a total disappointment in the AHL as per his production. All he has to his resume is a pt/game season in college which many many many many players have achieved. He scored some GWG's in the playoffs yet managed less than 0.5pt/game in the NHL. Not exactly stellar numbers.

Yet, Ranger fans overhype him. Why do they hype him? I suppose i can see some positives in his game. Similar positives to Emelin's game.

The whole point of the debate was that certain NYR fans (including yourself) are making disparaging remarks about Emelin and discounting his potential. You claim that Habs fans are over-hyping him. Here's a quote for you: "I don't see the hype". Well the argument i am making is that many could say the same for Kreider for all the reasons i have provided. It goes beyond stats.

Your ignorance of Emelin is illustrated by the same ignorance i am showing Kreider (on purpose). Neither have proven a thing in the NHL. But Emelin was a KHL all-star in his last season in the KHL. He is adjusting to NA hockey. That adjustment should have happened years ago but he chose to remain in the KHL.

So wise up there sparky. Try and follow the logic. Stop making excuses. Use your head!

Now this is a final goodnight! LOL

Last edited by FanHabtic: 01-13-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 10:35 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
All you are making up is excuses. Kreider was a pt/game player in college. Kristo is a 1.5pt/game player in college now and last season was a pt/game player. Does that mean that Kristo is a star in the making? Hell no. The same stands for Kreider. Who they played with is irrelevant. Both have (and had) good teammates. Your argument that Kreider had no one to play with is sour grapes. Excuses. Garbage!
Again, when did I say Kreider is a star in the making? You're avoiding the question that I posted previously now twice. When did I say Kreider will acheive "elite" status? I actually like Danny Kristo, and hope he does well. It was exciting to watch him and D'Amigo play with Stepan and beat Canada for the gold at the 2010 WJC, but what you're doing right now is creating a smoke screen to avoid the question that I've asked, and again, I'll respond to every reply that you respond with with the same question until you properly address it, and not with some ******** diversion tactic like you have every other time I've made a point.

Quote:
Now fast forward to today. Kreider is a total disappointment in the AHL as per his production. All he has to his resume is a pt/game season in college which many many many many players have achieved. He scored some GWG's in the playoffs yet managed less than 0.5pt/game in the NHL. Not exactly stellar numbers.
Have you actually watched him play at the AHL level? He's playing with a goon and an unsigned kid who belongs in the ECHL. I'm sure the great Danny Kristo would put up Gretzky-like numbers with Brandon Segal and Kyle Jean while getting 3rd line minutes. The Whale's coaching staff has a hard-on for Kris Newbury and a scrub like him gets AHL time because he's played there forever.

Quote:
Yet, Ranger fans overhype him. Why do they hype him? I suppose i can see some positives in his game. Similar positives to Emelin's game.
It could be his skillset, his physical attributes, his success being one of the Rangers top forwards in the playoffs this past season.

Quote:
The whole point of the debate was that certain NYR fans (including yourself) are making disparaging remarks about Emelin and discounting his potential. You claim that Habs fans are over-hyping him. Here's a quote for you: "I don't see the hype". Well the argument i am making is that many could say the same for Kreider for all the reasons i have provided. It goes beyond stats.

Your ignorance of Emelin is illustrated by the same ignorance i am showing Kreider (on purpose). Neither have proven a thing in the NHL. But Emelin was a KHL all-star in his last season in the KHL. He is adjusting to NA hockey. That adjustment should have happened years ago but he chose to remain in the KHL.

So wise up there sparky. Try and follow the logic. Stop making excuses. Use your head!
I haven't said a DAMN THING about Emelin in this thread. Go back and read through everything again and stop accusing me of the same ignorance that constitutes every post that you generate on this site.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:40 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

FanHabtic, if you go back and read through everything, the only reason I started posting in here was because of your ridiculously misguided opinion about McIlrath and how he's the biggest bust ever at 20-21 years old.

I haven't mentioned Emelin's name ONCE in any of my posts. Great job though, making up some ******** about McIlrath and Kreider and then making up some more ******** about me trashing Emelin when I might be the only Ranger fan on here that hasn't mentioned his name until now.

If there was an award for shoving your foot in your own mouth and eating it, you'd have won it. But there's not. There's just you, in your rambling incoherent shame, making up crap about me saying things about a player who I really didn't give two ***** about either way.

Good for you, pal.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:47 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Oh and since when is the quality of your linemates an "excuse"?

Jari Kurri's numbers had nothing to do with Wayne Gretzky's?

Adam Graves* didn't put up a 52 goal season playing with Mark Messier?

Kevin Stevens wasn't a top power foward in this league playing with Mario Lemieux?

I don't know what's more ridiculous, the fact that you made up all that crap about me saying things about Emelin? Or your ridiculously convoluted process of thought that deems someone should be scoring regardless of the situation they're put in and that everyone should be the exception to the rule.

Last edited by CM Lundqvist: 01-13-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Graves, not Oates. Typo.
Old
01-13-2013, 10:57 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Oh and since when is the quality of your linemates an "excuse"?

Jari Kurri's numbers had nothing to do with Wayne Gretzky's?

Adam Oates didn't put up a 52 goal season playing with Mark Messier?

Kevin Stevens wasn't a top power foward in this league playing with Mario Lemieux?

I don't know what's more ridiculous, the fact that you made up all that crap about me saying things about Emelin? Or your ridiculously convoluted process of thought that deems someone should be scoring regardless of the situation they're put in and that everyone should be the exception to the rule.
You're correct.. Adam Oates didn't.. This thread as gone off topic a little I think.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:03 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
You're correct.. Adam Oates didn't.. This thread as gone off topic a little I think.
Didn't even see that, Adam Graves didn't.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:35 AM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

For me, this thread has only served as a reminder of how miserable the McDonagh trade was for us Habs fans. That deal doesn't go down, and we likely aren't discussing Emelin's trade value right now. Or he isn't nearly as valuable as he's become.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:58 AM
CaptainCally

Can we get back to talking about Emelin's value instead of watching a troll (not giving up his name even though we all know who) rant and try to force his opinion onto everyone who disagrees.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Seems like this thread has derailed enough for closure. Habs couldn't afford to deal Emelin at any sane price now anyway, per a few posts prior to the derailment, so no loss...
/thread

Closed Thread