Old
01-12-2013, 06:01 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
MOU signed, i assume sked to come out any minute
...and the first of any trades that are pending should happen in a couple of hours. Could be interesting.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
...and the first of any trades that are pending should happen in a couple of hours. Could be interesting.
This is what I'm excited for.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'll be up all night hopefully.

I've had an empty feeling since September, it'll all go away soon.

01-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
I hope Luongo goes to the Panthers.

I actually like him as a player, but my hatred for the Canucks takes over those feelings. So suffice to say if he were to sign with the Leafs my feelings would stay the same.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
MOU signed, i assume sked to come out any minute
Where's the source? Nothings coming up on the twitterverse about it

Old
01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathil8 View Post
Where's the source? Nothings coming up on the twitterverse about it
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/1/1...ratified-nhlpa

Old
01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Once again, this says nothing about the MOU being signed. Did I misread the OP?

Edit: Maybe you thought I was talking about information about the MOU in general. I was wondering where the source was for stating that the MOU has been signed. Everything I've read says we're still waiting for them to finish writing the MOU.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
You didn't... MOU still isn't signed though. Hopefully today.

Quote:
Pierre LeBrun
‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

FYI, NHL and NHLPA are still hoping to finish CBA MOU tonight... In which case camps would still open Sunday. Hang in there, folks...
6:59 PM - 12 Jan 13
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...61807388569601

Old
01-12-2013, 07:04 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:

Edit: Maybe you thought I was talking about information about the MOU in general. I was wondering where the source was for stating that the MOU has been signed. Everything I've read says we're still waiting for them to finish writing the MOU.
Oops! my bad....
MOU isn't signed yet... last update I got was they are trying to gun the process for late tonight

Old
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

Quote:
Oops! my bad....
MOU isn't signed yet... last update I got was they are trying to gun the process for late tonight
No worries . Hope it gets signed at reasonable hour so I'll be awake for the flood gate signings/trades. Still assumed that trading session will be open 2 hours after signing?

Old
01-13-2013, 09:21 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Scott gomez got the redden treatmeant

Told to stay home and will be bought out this summer

Old
01-13-2013, 09:26 AM
puck stoppa

Boucher to Philly for a prospect.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:42 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Waivers! Who wants em?

ANA: J Hendry, P Maroom, N Guenin, M Smaby
BUF: J Finley, D Leggio, D Schliestel
CBJ: C Bass, A Joudrey, R Russell, N Drazenovic
MTL: C Desjardins, A Berger
NSH: M Moore
WPG: Ben Maxwell
PIT: S McIntyre, J Zatkoff, B Thiessen

per Bob McKenzie

Old
01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

Eric Fehr ‏@EricFehr

Quote:
I'm very happy to make it official, I'm back with the @washcaps! I can't wait to get the season started! http://yfrog.com/esoc5aoj

Old
01-13-2013, 12:48 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I would take a chance on Patrick Maroon.

Decent numbers this year, but he was a PPG player in the AHL last year. Plus he's huge.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:58 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I hope Luongo goes to the Panthers.

I actually like him as a player, but my hatred for the Canucks takes over those feelings. So suffice to say if he were to sign with the Leafs my feelings would stay the same.
Why do you hate the Canucks so much and have to constantly bring it up? And the Canucks will be better when they trade Luongo. Luongo is a drama queen who is overrated, a whiner and will never get any better. Thank god the Canucks have Cory who will be (I hope) the only goalie not to be driven out of Vancouver. Don't judge the Canucks on their fans either because we're not all like the idiots on the main boards here. Those are called bandwagon fans who haven't gone through the Keenan era, Mark Messier taking away Trevor Linden's captaincy or 3 losses in the finals.

I hate the Kings, Bruins and Flyers but you don't see me constantly say I hate them.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Why do you hate the Canucks so much and have to constantly bring it up? And the Canucks will be better when they trade Luongo. Luongo is a drama queen who is overrated, a whiner and will never get any better. Thank god the Canucks have Cory who will be (I hope) the only goalie not to be driven out of Vancouver. Don't judge the Canucks on their fans either because we're not all like the idiots on the main boards here. Those are called bandwagon fans who haven't gone through the Keenan era, Mark Messier taking away Trevor Linden's captaincy or 3 losses in the finals.

I hate the Kings, Bruins and Flyers but you don't see me constantly say I hate them.
I don't really think I constantly bring it up... I may have done it during the 1st round of the playoffs for obvious reasons but other than that I don't believe it's something I constantly talk about. If it is getting incessant then I apologize.

TBH, I don't like the way their team plays with the constant diving of Kesler, Burrows, the Sedin's, etc. It's flat out embarrassing and not the way this game should be played.

I also don't like them because of what their fans did to their own city after they lost to the Bruins. Some may call it passion, but I never understood people who trash their own city when their team loses.

I don't think my hatred for them is any more amplified than my hatred for say the Leafs or Habs. It's only because they haven't made the playoffs in awhile that it's never come up.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:39 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

I've hated the Canucks ever since the Michael Peca cheapshot on Selanne in the the early 90's. Domi, King, Manson and Tkachuk settled the score while Pat Quinn hid Bure on the bench the rest of the game.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I would take a chance on Patrick Maroon.

Decent numbers this year, but he was a PPG player in the AHL last year. Plus he's huge.
Yeah, I'm surprised Anaheim would waive him.

He seems like exactly what they need for their bottom 6.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:54 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I don't really think I constantly bring it up... I may have done it during the 1st round of the playoffs for obvious reasons but other than that I don't believe it's something I constantly talk about. If it is getting incessant then I apologize.

TBH, I don't like the way their team plays with the constant diving of Kesler, Burrows, the Sedin's, etc. It's flat out embarrassing and not the way this game should be played.

I also don't like them because of what their fans did to their own city after they lost to the Bruins. Some may call it passion, but I never understood people who trash their own city when their team loses.

I don't think my hatred for them is any more amplified than my hatred for say the Leafs or Habs. It's only because they haven't made the playoffs in awhile that it's never come up.
Boston did the same thing to their city after the Red Sox won the world series and those weren't even fans who thrashed Vancouver. Cops did a piss poor job trying to stop the anarchists who started the whole thing. No one ever brings up that Boston did the same thing. And the real Canucks fans were those on the streets of Vancouver the next morning cleaning the city up; not the ****heads who destroyed it. No REAL Canucks fan would call thrashing their city as passionate. That's just dumb.
And every team dives. Dustin Brown is just as bad if not worse then Kesler and Burrows. (some of their diving is appalling) The Sedins divers? Right. The entire series against Boston they were pushed around and got blasted by national and US media because they didn't stick up for themselves and then when they did, they still got blasted by the media. The Jets dive. It's how teams get calls. Andrew Ladd is one of the worst divers on the Jets.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:17 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Let's not start flaming

Quote:
Boston did the same thing to their city after the Red Sox won the world series and those weren't even fans who thrashed Vancouver. Cops did a piss poor job trying to stop the anarchists who started the whole thing. No one ever brings up that Boston did the same thing. And the real Canucks fans were those on the streets of Vancouver the next morning cleaning the city up; not the ****heads who destroyed it. No REAL Canucks fan would call thrashing their city as passionate. That's just dumb.
And every team dives. Dustin Brown is just as bad if not worse then Kesler and Burrows. (some of their diving is appalling) The Sedins divers? Right. The entire series against Boston they were pushed around and got blasted by national and US media because they didn't stick up for themselves and then when they did, they still got blasted by the media. The Jets dive. It's how teams get calls. Andrew Ladd is one of the worst divers on the Jets.
When two strong sides fight hard the truth is usually down the middle.

And although "real" fans weren't the **** disturbers who were planning to cause havoc, some real fans didn't take part, many real fans got swept in the euphoria. 10-80-10 rule.

Signed,
Someone who was there

Old
01-13-2013, 11:29 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Let's not start flaming

When two strong sides fight hard the truth is usually down the middle.

And although "real" fans weren't the **** disturbers who were planning to cause havoc, some real fans didn't take part, many real fans got swept in the euphoria. 10-80-10 rule.

Signed,
Someone who was there
How am I flaming? All I said was that Boston has had one following the world series win by the Red Sox and expressed my opinion.

I was there too. I'm a real fan and I didn't get caught up in euphoria. I was terrified and trying to gtfo. I also lived through 1994's as well. It isn't the first city to have a riot following a loss in a sporting event and it won't be the last. I'm sick and tired of people generalizing about Canucks fans and thinking we're all the same and that we all condone what happened in Vancouver. We don't and people shouldn't judge all fans on that basis or the team.

I'm a Jets fan too so if you think that's my flaming, it's not. I'm being honest about one of the teams I love

Old
01-13-2013, 11:39 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
How am I flaming? All I said was that Boston has had one following the world series win by the Red Sox and expressed my opinion.

I was there too. I'm a real fan and I didn't get caught up in euphoria. I was terrified and trying to gtfo. I also lived through 1994's as well. It isn't the first city to have a riot following a loss in a sporting event and it won't be the last. I'm sick and tired of people generalizing about Canucks fans and thinking we're all the same and that we all condone what happened in Vancouver. We don't and people shouldn't judge all fans on that basis or the team.

I'm a Jets fan too so if you think that's my flaming, it's not. I'm being honest about one of the teams I love
I guess poor choice of vocab... I could just for-see that this conversation could go could go down hill and no where good fast

I selected yours to quote because it was the last comment... the comment above the quote was to all conversationalist as a whole.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

I HATE the Canucks!!

HATE THEM!!!

and, I am on the Jets board, so it's not only allowed, but encouraged.

You have to decide if you can handle that.