HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Nicklas Jensen (2011, 29th overall, Vancouver)

Old
01-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Nikita Filatov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
If you actually take the time (you haven't) scroll up and read my posts about Jensen. I'm definitely positive, and think he's a good prospect. I've added constructive conversation to this thread, and have watched him play many times. Just becasue I'm from Calgary, and support the Flames, doesn't mean I automatically hate all Canucks property. (look at some of my posts in the Corrado thread..)

This is a thread where people can talk about "prospects". Jensen is a prospect, therefore, I will interact in this conversation.

Grow up.
Someone really can't have an opinion now just because they're from Calgary?

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 938
There's really no use trying to predict what his point totals will be.

It might be 15-15 as a 3rd liner, to 25-25 as a solid 2nd liner, to 35-35 as a high-end 1st liner.

I'm just happy we have a great prospect who might very well develop into an impact player, but at the very least will at least become a solid NHLer.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:20 PM
pahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndGame View Post
I'll tell you why: his team doesn't have any.
calgary has way better prospects than the canucks

pahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Just saying what i heard and feel.

If it turns out that he doesn't want to stay in NA playing low mins or in the AHL; than i guess what i heard early on is truth. If not, then i was wrong and he wanted to further himself in a better league (apparently at the request of his NHL team)

Just speaking my mind. It's a message board after all.

What he wanted wasn't a factor; Canucks told him to go play in Sweden and it'd be the best for his development. This is 100%.

I thought Jensen was pretty strong on the puck and used his size to protect it quite well. I think he'll max out potential. My favorite prospect for the Canucks for sure.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:44 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
I wouldn't say way better, but they do have a few more gems than we do. That Gaudreau kid really looks good, and of course Baerschi is going to be a heck of a player.

ThereGoesVirtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:47 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
I really like Jensen I am excited to see what he can do. He could be a dark horse for the Calder with the offensive team Vancouver has, that is if AV will give him ice time.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I really like Jensen I am excited to see what he can do. He could be a dark horse for the Calder with the offensive team Vancouver has, that is if AV will give him ice time.
Not this season, though. He's finishing the season in the SEL. I think that helps his chances though, with more time to develop, and if we need to lose some non-core to gain cap relief, then Jensen is more than likely to get a solid role on the team.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
Play him with the sedins and they will set the record for fewest hits by a line for a season. He didn't get along with coaches for his lack of physical play in the ohl , doesn't initiate contact enough. Good speed and hands but struggles with consistency. Goes on stretches of scoring then the same stretches where he is ineffective. Line demotions effect his play as he believes he should always be the go to guy even when his play doesnt warrant the added ice time. Power forward without the power - 20-20 2nd line player.
Source ?

We got a news article or something. I watched a lot of his recent games; he doesn't hit but didn't think he shied away from trouble spots and using his body.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:15 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
A couple great prospects... but "way better"?

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:32 PM
blendini

Quote:
Doesn't sound bitter at all. Sounds like he has seen him play quite a bit.

Only want to hear positives eh?
Sounds like he knows what he is thinking too. ESP maybe?

blendini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:40 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Not this season, though. He's finishing the season in the SEL. I think that helps his chances though, with more time to develop, and if we need to lose some non-core to gain cap relief, then Jensen is more than likely to get a solid role on the team.
I think Jensen will most likely be on the second line with Kesler and Booth, it would really help him adjust to the Nhl having Kesler there to help out defensively.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:55 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
Play him with the sedins and they will set the record for fewest hits by a line for a season. He didn't get along with coaches for his lack of physical play in the ohl , doesn't initiate contact enough. Good speed and hands but struggles with consistency. Goes on stretches of scoring then the same stretches where he is ineffective. Line demotions effect his play as he believes he should always be the go to guy even when his play doesnt warrant the added ice time. Power forward without the power - 20-20 2nd line player.
nuck fan here, thanks for the info, your observation matches what I see as well.

Looks like another prospect we had in grabner. Jensen is bigger but grabner is faster.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:33 AM
trbr86

Once Jensen's SEL season is over, is he eligible to play in the AHL or NHL this season?

His team, AIK, is unlikely to recover and make the playoffs. Subsequently, his European season will probably be over the first week of March.

trbr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:00 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbr86 View Post
Once Jensen's SEL season is over, is he eligible to play in the AHL or NHL this season?

His team, AIK, is unlikely to recover and make the playoffs. Subsequently, his European season will probably be over the first week of March.
He can play either AHL or NHL after his season.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Robin Hood

We got a very reliable secret source saying that he will desert before he even arrives for no reason at all other than that he is selfish, evidenced by the fact that he did what his team told him. Selfish primadonna!!

Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:13 PM
ephmrl
#tanknation

Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Just got his 15th!

ephmrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:48 PM
arsmaster

Tied for 4th in goal scoring in SEL. As a 19 year old rookie.

Pretty impressive.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:09 AM
ZKass The Bass

Is it monday or tuesday? Dunno im pretty drunk but Jensen plays his last game march 5th and after that hes eligble to play for the canucks or wolves, anyone think he'll get some time with the big club.

Also reports said AIK had a trade in place for Jensen to an unnamed SEL team but it was a definite playoff team and as such Gillis blocked the trade i imagine so nicklas could come over to n.a.

ZKass The Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Febfemton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKass The Bass View Post
Is it monday or tuesday? Dunno im pretty drunk but Jensen plays his last game march 5th and after that hes eligble to play for the canucks or wolves, anyone think he'll get some time with the big club.

Also reports said AIK had a trade in place for Jensen to an unnamed SEL team but it was a definite playoff team and as such Gillis blocked the trade i imagine so nicklas could come over to n.a.
Jensen will, if not benched as he has usually been during the last 10 games or so, probably play his last game with AIK tonight. This loan hasn't really been what both sides had hoped.

It was obvious already from the beginning that Jensen didn't love coming here to play. It didn't take long until his nonchalant and selfish play on the ice plus his lack of defensive work ethic started to become a problem, which ultimately led to him losing more and more ice-time and later on even being benched for whole games.

Nicklas has poise and a great shot but lacks the character right now. Vancouver better hope that his lack of work ethic and his nonchalance had to do with this loan rather than with how he is a person or this prospect will never give his scoring tools a worthy chance of proving themselves in the NHL.

Last edited by Febfemton: 03-05-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Febfemton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febfemton View Post
Jensen will, if not benched as he has usually been during the last 10 games or so, probably play his last game with AIK tonight. This loan hasn't really been what both sides had hoped.

It was obvious already from the beginning that Jensen didn't love coming here to play. It didn't take long until his nonchalant and selfish play on the ice plus his lack of defensive work ethic started to become a problem, which ultimately led to him losing more and more ice-time and later on even being benched for whole games.

Nicklas has poise and a great shot but lacks the character right now. Vancouver better hope that his lack of work ethic and his nonchalance had to do with this loan rather than with how he is a person or this prospect will never give his scoring tools a worthy chance of proving themselves in the NHL.
Get ready for a multitude of angry canuck responses.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:28 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I thought it was just Oshawa fans who felt betrayed, but it sounds like in both places he's played he has worn out his welcome fast. Hopefully Jensen either smartens up or turns into an elite NHL player, because with his projected talent level a me-first attitude won't fly in the NHL

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:33 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febfemton View Post

If you don't mind me asking, do you live in Stockholm? Do you regularly watch AIK play?

You don't think AIK benefited having him? (Still leads team in goals).

I'm just wondering what you're basing this on, I'm not dismissing it (although you're very recent account, your username rhyming with edmonton, and you're post suggesting Klefbom will be better than Hedman might intimate some anti-canucks bias).

I think AIK benefited, I think Jensen benefited (and got paid) and the Canucks also did.

I think the combination of the Canucks vetoing the potential trade and the possibility of the work ethic issues may have factored in to his limited ice time of late...it's hard to say, which one had more of an effect.

edit* Scored another goal today.

Quote:
Get ready for a multitude of angry canuck responses.
Love posting about all things Canuck, eh?

Last edited by arsmaster: 03-05-2013 at 03:45 PM.
arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

A little sensitive, eh?

Nothing wrong with what I said. He posted negative "facts/fiction", and I have witnessed (in this thread) a high degree of sensitivity towards anyone, who states anything negative towards Jensen by nucks fans.

But to answer your question, no, not really.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

I don't love posting about the Canucks, but if you're suggesting I'm in anyway trolling, or trying to derail this "prospect" thread... (not nucks) You're completely wrong, and foolish. I have posted a bunch of my comments below:

*Note how complementary I am towards Jensen.... Do a little research before posting blind hate. I'm not Steve Bennette.

*Also note, I am not a nucks fan, but I do like Jensen as a prospect.

Quote:
This.

I see him as a 25g 25a NHLer. He's a solid pick at 29.
Quote:
Don't see much of Eriksson at all? I see more of a Jussi Jokinen type player...

20g 20a 2nd line winger. Solid pick at 29.
Quote:
Above (scroll up) I said 25 - 25... I don't think you have a 30 goal scorer, but definitely a good forward prospect... 20g in the NHL is nothing to laugh at... Solid pick.

Obviously, I could be wrong. Just doubt his production elevates more in the NHL than the OHL.
Quote:
I've head this too. I think good players should be able to adapt to their league though. He wasn't bad in Oshawa, but he didn't dominate... (Didn't need too, but little/no improvement from his draft year.)

I get the argument to an extent, but I still think his offensive numbers should have climbed after his draft year. Regardless, I see the potential. Predicting he will be a 20g - 20a (or 25-25) player is nothing to frown on... Everyone in Calgary (other teams too) loves Glencross. He puts up those numbers, and does many good things on the ice. Putting up 20goals in the NHL is quite the feat. Not everyone can put up 30g.

Either way, great pick at 29. Hopefully he develops properly.
Quote:
Absolutely. Great post.

Jr. Points aren't always the determining factor for progress/development, but it's usually a good sign. Either way, he seems to be adapting well in the Mens league, and had a nice (short) stint in the AHL last year.

Like i've said a few times, solid pick. Best of luck to him.

Last edited by Money Baer: 03-05-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old
03-05-2013, 04:05 PM
ZKass The Bass

Quote:
@BradZiemer: Nicklas Jensen scored today in his final game with AIK in Swedish Elite League. Led team with 17 goals. Now joins Chicago Wolves. #Canucks
Wolves need Jensen. Jensen needs Wolves. Hopefully he can replicate his last going with Chicago.

ZKass The Bass is offline   Reply With Quote