HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2013, 10:16 PM
  #976
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 18,488
vCash: 500
Surprise surprise

Bruins Daily ‏@BruinsDaily

Also of note: Jared Knight sustained an injury late in the second has not returned since

Fire Julien is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:36 PM
  #977
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Surprise surprise

Bruins Daily ‏@BruinsDaily

Also of note: Jared Knight sustained an injury late in the second has not returned since
Cut him!

WBC8 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:54 PM
  #978
MioneRask134
Registered User
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 11,265
vCash: 500
Lets see what the injury is before we all overreact.

MioneRask134 is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 01:16 AM
  #979
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,997
vCash: 500
Sorry--didn't notice the GDT. Post is now in there.


Last edited by Alan Ryan: 01-12-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Alan Ryan is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 12:44 PM
  #980
Shaun
All Aboard
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,858
vCash: 500
Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
Jared Knight & Zach Trotman both out indefinitely after injuries last night. T. Randell called up from SC and D Wes O'Neill from ECHL Toledo

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
Knight reinjured his hamstring. Trotman has an upper-body injury

Shaun is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 02:42 PM
  #981
Malt
#wpri12steve
 
Malt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Divver also reporting Graham Mink will be joining Providence soon...was a 50-60 point guy for Portland and Hershey a few years ago...

Malt is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:05 PM
  #982
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
Jared Knight & Zach Trotman both out indefinitely after injuries last night. T. Randell called up from SC and D Wes O'Neill from ECHL Toledo

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
Knight reinjured his hamstring. Trotman has an upper-body injury
Knight is just having one hell of a year. Gotta feel for the guy. Not the best way to start off your pro career.

dredeye is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 03:10 PM
  #983
BruinsBtn
Registered User
 
BruinsBtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
Jared Knight & Zach Trotman both out indefinitely after injuries last night. T. Randell called up from SC and D Wes O'Neill from ECHL Toledo

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
Knight reinjured his hamstring. Trotman has an upper-body injury
Trotman got hit hard in the first period coming out from behind the net.

BruinsBtn is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:30 PM
  #984
Open Ice
Registered User
 
Open Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Valley
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Going to the game in Springfield tonight - so many missing bodies!

Open Ice is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 09:43 PM
  #985
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,997
vCash: 500
Springfield wins 4-2. Lots of new faces in the Providence line-up.

Both P-Bruins goals from defensemen--Krug and O'Neill.

Hutchinson had 32 saves on 36 shots.

Game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010411

Alan Ryan is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 11:43 PM
  #986
Open Ice
Registered User
 
Open Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Valley
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Went to the game tonight. Providence looked decent in the first but became lifeless as the game went on. Had pretty decent seats right behind the B's bench and the team looked dejected and flat. Body language all Woes Me. I read this thread pretty religiously, but I don't get to games much. This is a absolutely small sample and I'd be interested to hear how these observations gel/go against things you experienced game-goers know about.

--The training camp call ups mixed with injuries, obviously help explain the flat performance. They were clearly depleted and yet held in there pretty well until the end of the second at least and if they have a full squad, I can't imagine them losing to an uninteresting Springfield team (who, I'm assuming had their own call up problems?)

--Best Bruin of the night: Krug. Looked smooth, poised and confident. Moved fast in tight corners and made crisp first passes. He was the only guy on the team who looked like he might crack the varsity any time soon. Incidentally, in the third period Krug looked either pissed or bored, I couldn't tell.

--Kept an eye on Cross all night. Was impressed in the first period. Similar to Krug, he looked sharp, great first pass. But as the game went on, he looked shaky to me, hesitant. He's a big dude, but he doesn't look entirely comfortable in his skates. I almost got the impression he was worried about hitting people. Didn't strike me as physically impressive at all. But - that was my first real look at him.

--An almost complete lack of physicality. There was one hit in the second by Robins that knocked a Falcon on his ass, looked great to me, but he got called for boarding. Virtually no hitting mixed with this hang-dog attitude seemed anti-Bruin to me. It was frustrating to say the least. P-Bruins have a lot of big boys, but they had nothing going, no zing, maybe until the last minute and a half when things got chippy. Why wait until you've got less then two minutes to start playing like you have a heart?

--Robins: testy, feisty, in everybody's face, disrupting the other guy's plan by being a pain in the ass. Maybe a bit reckless? The guy behind me, a Falcon fan, kept saying "somebody needs to punch number 21 in the face." He got 13 penalty minutes for his troubles.

--They seemed rudderless, definitely leaderless - again, missing like your top 5 guys will mangle chemistry. There didn't seem to be anybody on the team willing to pick them up by their bootstraps and drag them to a better place. Nobody to lead by example.

--Whitfield looks like a guy playing at his maximum abilities. Will make smart plays penalty killing, but can having Whitfield on a power play in ANY league be a good thing?

--Saw nothing inspiring from Sauve. I wanted him to shine. Wanted to envision him as a future Boston Bruin, but other than the fact that he skated with a mean face, looked intense a lot, he reminded me of a heavier Czerkawski without the occasional dangle magic. Could have just been a tough night all around.

--Hutchinson in net. Looked smooth, calm. Controlled. He got run into a few times and never seemed phased. That said, gave up plenty o' juicy rebounds. That said, the supporting cast didn't really inspire much.

--Random: Florek looked comfortable on the PK. Wasn't impressed with Camper or Cunningham. They looked timid, maybe even tired. O'Neil had a funny moment where he kind of got caught in the netting and took a header. Mink, had he been Mark Recchi, would have popped a couple standing in front of the net. PP=funeral parlor. 2 shots total in the second period.

Anyway - thought this might be interesting to people afar, even if it was a pretty tepid game all around. Here's to the future!

Open Ice is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:07 AM
  #987
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,795
vCash: 500
Nice report, but Springfield is not an "uninteresting" team - they're a damn good one (best goal differential in the AHL).

Artemis is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:08 AM
  #988
WestCoastBruinsFan
Registered User
 
WestCoastBruinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Ice View Post
Went to the game tonight. Providence looked decent in the first but became lifeless as the game went on. Had pretty decent seats right behind the B's bench and the team looked dejected and flat. Body language all Woes Me. I read this thread pretty religiously, but I don't get to games much. This is a absolutely small sample and I'd be interested to hear how these observations gel/go against things you experienced game-goers know about.

--The training camp call ups mixed with injuries, obviously help explain the flat performance. They were clearly depleted and yet held in there pretty well until the end of the second at least and if they have a full squad, I can't imagine them losing to an uninteresting Springfield team (who, I'm assuming had their own call up problems?)

--Best Bruin of the night: Krug. Looked smooth, poised and confident. Moved fast in tight corners and made crisp first passes. He was the only guy on the team who looked like he might crack the varsity any time soon. Incidentally, in the third period Krug looked either pissed or bored, I couldn't tell.

--Kept an eye on Cross all night. Was impressed in the first period. Similar to Krug, he looked sharp, great first pass. But as the game went on, he looked shaky to me, hesitant. He's a big dude, but he doesn't look entirely comfortable in his skates. I almost got the impression he was worried about hitting people. Didn't strike me as physically impressive at all. But - that was my first real look at him.

--An almost complete lack of physicality. There was one hit in the second by Robins that knocked a Falcon on his ass, looked great to me, but he got called for boarding. Virtually no hitting mixed with this hang-dog attitude seemed anti-Bruin to me. It was frustrating to say the least. P-Bruins have a lot of big boys, but they had nothing going, no zing, maybe until the last minute and a half when things got chippy. Why wait until you've got less then two minutes to start playing like you have a heart?

--Robins: testy, feisty, in everybody's face, disrupting the other guy's plan by being a pain in the ass. Maybe a bit reckless? The guy behind me, a Falcon fan, kept saying "somebody needs to punch number 21 in the face." He got 13 penalty minutes for his troubles.

--They seemed rudderless, definitely leaderless - again, missing like your top 5 guys will mangle chemistry. There didn't seem to be anybody on the team willing to pick them up by their bootstraps and drag them to a better place. Nobody to lead by example.

--Whitfield looks like a guy playing at his maximum abilities. Will make smart plays penalty killing, but can having Whitfield on a power play in ANY league be a good thing?

--Saw nothing inspiring from Sauve. I wanted him to shine. Wanted to envision him as a future Boston Bruin, but other than the fact that he skated with a mean face, looked intense a lot, he reminded me of a heavier Czerkawski without the occasional dangle magic. Could have just been a tough night all around.

--Hutchinson in net. Looked smooth, calm. Controlled. He got run into a few times and never seemed phased. That said, gave up plenty o' juicy rebounds. That said, the supporting cast didn't really inspire much.

--Random: Florek looked comfortable on the PK. Wasn't impressed with Camper or Cunningham. They looked timid, maybe even tired. O'Neil had a funny moment where he kind of got caught in the netting and took a header. Mink, had he been Mark Recchi, would have popped a couple standing in front of the net. PP=funeral parlor. 2 shots total in the second period.

Anyway - thought this might be interesting to people afar, even if it was a pretty tepid game all around. Here's to the future!
Thanks Open Ice, I thought when you said people afar that I qualify. Very informative and well written review. As far as accuracy? Cannot comment but I thought these weekend games would be tough. Thanks again.

WestCoastBruinsFan is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:24 AM
  #989
Open Ice
Registered User
 
Open Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Valley
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Nice report, but Springfield is not an "uninteresting" team - they're a damn good one (best goal differential in the AHL).
Definitely good to know. I guess by "uninteresting" I just mean that they "squelched the other team in a not particularly entertaining way."

Looking forward to going back. They're my "local" team.

Open Ice is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:29 AM
  #990
gobosox00
Registered User
 
gobosox00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Ticket Thread. I have 2 tickets that we are unfortunately no longer going to be able to use for the Sunday 1/20 game against the Whale. Seats are on the glass, section 119 Row DD which is the front row. Paid about $80 total with fees when we bought them a while ago and I'm willing to sell them for $60 total for the pair if someone is interested. PM me or shoot me an email at gobosox00@yahoo.com. Thanks and mods feel free to move this to the ticket thread if you think it belongs there instead.

gobosox00 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 02:14 PM
  #991
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!
 
SanDogBrewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baja Cali
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,886
vCash: 500
@MarkDivver
Adding Mink on a PTO gives Providence some insurance at forward if Boston decides to keep Bourque or others.

At 6'3 and 220 pounds, Graham Mink gives P-Bruins needed size on wing. 243 goals in 686 AHL games for 33-year-old who played at Vermont.

SanDogBrewin is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 04:30 PM
  #992
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin
 
MillerTime 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On a Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 1,947
vCash: 500
Manchester lineup seriously depleted ... They only have 15 guys dressed (4 defensemen).

MillerTime 86 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 04:41 PM
  #993
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Ice View Post
Definitely good to know. I guess by "uninteresting" I just mean that they "squelched the other team in a not particularly entertaining way."

Looking forward to going back. They're my "local" team.
Mine too. I've seen them a few times this year. If I didn't have to work nights and weekends I'd get season tickets.

They lost six-seven players to the CBJ camp, including Atkinson, their leading scorer. But they still have Audy-Marchessault and that helps.

Artemis is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 05:17 PM
  #994
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin
 
MillerTime 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On a Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 1,947
vCash: 500
Florek just took a puck to the head and went down the tunnel.

MillerTime 86 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:35 PM
  #995
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,997
vCash: 500
Providence beat Manchester 2-1 to win 2 of 3 this weekend. Pretty good considering all the line-up distractions due to call-ups and injuries.

Cunningham and new acquisition Mink had the goals.

Svedberg had 24 saves on 25 shots. He got the win in both games.

Game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010421

Alan Ryan is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
  #996
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 23,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Surprise surprise

Bruins Daily ‏@BruinsDaily

Also of note: Jared Knight sustained an injury late in the second has not returned since


Were you one of the posters calling for Lucic to be traded after his injury-filled campaign a couple of years back? He's a rookie and has had one injury that never healed as a PRO B.

GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:00 PM
  #997
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post


Were you one of the posters calling for Lucic to be traded after his injury-filled campaign a couple of years back? He's a rookie and has had one injury that never healed as a PRO B.
no he is the one who said Bergeron was all thru after his concussion and to trade him for anything- he was damaged goods (how'd that work out)

anyways, Knight will be fine- has to miss some more time but the original injury didnt fully heel but Sweeney and the Bruins are all over this and know what is going on.

They have access to the best doctors and can do complete scans and determine what, where, and when; I'm sure they went over ever-e-thang.

Anyways, he can look to Martin Lapointe who went thru the exact same thing and had hamstring problems because like Knight, he has exceptionally developed legs (not that there's anything wrong with that- but when use a hockey player use got to make sure you are doing specific and definite types of exercises/training). Would not surprise me to see him work with specialists in this area like I believe Marty did.

Don't quote me Joe but I do bah-lieve that Mahty worked with the Habs trainer on this and I'm sure that Knight once the hammy is strong and healed in the next month or whenever will be under the watchful eye of Don Sweeney and company.

Luckily for JK he is still very, very, very young and knows both what is the problem and how they will get it better and proceed

It sucks Joe to be overly muscular

so expect him back eventually but probably not before having MRIs and all sorts of other goodies administered by the Broons that give him thumbs up.

They need to proceed with caution because imo and really that is all that matters to me (Joe you know me well) he's good for 250 goals give or take 50 each way (I'll go North) over the next 10 years or 750-800 games.

DKH is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:07 PM
  #998
finchster
Registered User
 
finchster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgorod
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
This season looks like a write off for Knight, too bad

finchster is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 11:39 AM
  #999
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 22,887
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1323811

Continue there.

TP is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.