HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Share your Fantasy Draft Results

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 10:44 PM
  #26
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,933
vCash: 500
Keepers from last season:

F Claude Giroux
F Anze Kopitar
F Scott Hartnell
F David Perron
F Max Pacioretty
F Chris Kreider

D Erik Karlsson
D Tobias Enstrom
D Dan Hamhuis

G Henrik Lundqvist

-------------

won my pool last year, so drafted last in each round of the supplementary draft:

1) Victor Hedman
2) Semyon Varlamov
3) David Krejci
4) Ian White
5) Ryane Clowe
6) Pascal Dupuis
7) Ryan Murray
8) Erik Cole

Not bad IMO. 15 teams, roto, stats are G A PTS PPP SHP +/- GWG /// W, SO, GAA, sv%

kmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:30 PM
  #27
lati4
Registered User
 
lati4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
My team is:

F----Alex Ovechkin
F----James Neal
F----Tyler Seguin
F----Jason Spezza
F----Henrik Sedin
F----David Backes
D----Ryan McDonagh
D----Duncan Keith
D----Justin Schultz
D----Brendan Smith
Utility----Ray Whitney
Utility----Dustin Brown
Bench----Patrice Bergeron
Bench----Patrik Elias
Bench---Damien Brunner
G----Niklas Backstrom
G----Jaroslav Halak
G----Cam Ward

7 team league, How did I do?

lati4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:05 AM
  #28
DBU
Gotta Go Fast
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,674
vCash: 50
10 teams, H2H, drafted 5th, snake draft.

5. Jonathan Quick
16. Kris Letang
25. Henrik Sedin
36. Marian Gaborik
45. Marian Hossa
56. Cory Schneider
65. Loui Eriksson
76. Alex Edler
85. Max Pacioretty
96. David Krejci
105. Brent Burns
116. Ryan Callahan
125. Mikko Koivu
136. Adam Larsson
145. T.J. Oshie
156. Jeff Carter
165. Dan Hamhuis
176. Devin Setoguchi

I was surprised I got either of the Sedins in the third round. I was also very pleased to snag Jeff Carter so late. And I feel comfortable with a Quick/Schneider tandem in goal, though depending how it goes (and the goalie situation in Vancouver) I may drop Schneider for a different goalie.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:47 AM
  #29
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
12 team H2H

Already made two trades lol
Gave : Keith
Got : Backstrom(WAS)

Gave : Thornton, Eberle
Got : Tavares, Parise

C Tavares
C Backstrom
L Parise
L Vanek
R Kessel
R Brown
D Suter
D Schultz
D B. Smith
D
B Lecavalier
B Voracek
B Doan
B Downie
G Quick
G Ward
B Hiller

I really need to find some dmen, think I'm going to wait and see who's hot and pick them up. If you got any sleepers that will be good for points give a brother some advice.

Thx

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:49 AM
  #30
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 68,713
vCash: 50
11 team ESPN H2H:

F: Zach Parise
F: Jordan Eberle
F: Joffrey Lupul
F: Logan Couture
F: Jason Pominville
F: Andrew Ladd
F: David Krejci
F: Derek Roy
F: Danny Briere

D: Ryan Suter
D: Drew Doughty
D: Oliver-Ekman-Larsson
D: Ryan McDonagh
D: Kevin Bieksa

UTIL: Cam Atkinson

G: Jarolsav Halak
G: Mikka Kiprussof

BEN: Sergei Kostitsyn
BEN: Patrik Berglund
BEN: Dustin Penner
BEN: Jamie McBain
BEN: Evgeni Nabokov

Took Doughty 52nd over all!

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:38 AM
  #31
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13
 
mrzeigler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
First ever so I'm kinda up in the air. Standard Yahoo! rules.

C Mikko Koivu
C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
LW James Neal
LW Jamie Benn
RW Marian Gaborik
RW Loui Eriksson
D Kris Letang
D Kevin Shattenkirk
D Alexander Edler
D Dmitry Kulikov

G Pekka Rinne
G Semyon Varlamov

BN Blake Wheeler
BN Jakub Voracek
BN Justin Faulk
BN Vladimir Tarasenko

Johnathan Toews went the pick before I grabbed RNH, which I was a little bummed about. Got Mikko Koivu in the second to last round which I think is hilarious given that he's centering Parise and Heatley this year.

Really like Varlamov this year; he's been playing great in the KHL and he's already in mid-season form.

It looks good to me, but I'm a fantasy n00b, so


From a pure offense standpoint, I like your forwards. Voracek is expected to be on the top line with Giroux and Hartnell this year, so you might not want him on the bench for long. I think Gaborik is LW/RW eligible. At this very early stage, I'd probably plan to start him at LW and shift the C-eligible Jamie Benn to C and sit Koivu until he shows he's better than your other six Fs. Since FWs don't count in standard rules, there's no disincentive to give a true C priority over a C-eligible winger.

The downside of all that offense is you're going to get very light PIMs from it. Neal, who I think averages less than 1 PIM/games, is your strongest PIM contributor among your F — Gaborik, Eriksson, Koivu and Nugent-Hopkins are very anemic when it comes to PIMs. I expect good stuff from P.A. Parenteau this year on the top line in Colorado ... if you could swing an Eriksson-Parenteau trade you might not lose much offense while gaining a nice boost in PIMs (PAP had 89 PIMs last year to Eriksson's 12).

You won't get a ton of help with PIMs from your Dmen. Edler, Kulikov and Shattenkirk probably won't give you much, and Letang is about average with his PIM production.

Edler and Letang are locks for a good season. Faulk, although I like his upside, could suffer a little from Carolina's decision to bring back Joe Corvo, who has been OK on the PP. If the Canes view Corvo as a PP contibutor, that could hurt Faulk's value (keep in mind Pitkanen also is in the mix). Watch this situation during camp and the 1st week of the season. If Corvo is in the PP mix, maybe drop Faulk for a pure PIM-producing dman?

I don't know what type of playing time is forecast for Tarasenko, but since this isn't a keeper league, I would drop/trade him for a huge PIM-producing F (such as Ott) unless he is given prominent top-6 minutes right from the start of the season. With such a compressed schedule, if it takes three weeks for a player to be worked into the lineup, you're losing 10 or 11 of 48 games of usefulness. In one-year leagues, I would steer clear of almost all rookies this season.


Last edited by mrzeigler: 01-14-2013 at 07:55 AM.
mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:44 AM
  #32
Juni
Registered User
 
Juni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, England
Country: England
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Always keen to get some feedback if people are willing; 14 team Yahoo H2H

Miller, Elliott
Karlsson, Subban, Bieksa, J.Schultz, Ekman-Larsen
D.Sedin, Heatley
Gaborik, Jagr, Purcell
Zetterberg, B.Richards, Stastny, Hodgson

Juni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:01 AM
  #33
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,562
vCash: 500
I'd like some feedback on if I should make any moves ...this was what the computer drafted since I was at the Falcons game during the draft



Mikko Koivu
Patrik Elias
Ryan Kesler
Milan Lucic
Thomas Vanek
Phil Kessel
Jordan Eberle
Kris Letang
Alex Pietrangelo
Keith Yandle
Niklas Kronwall,
Jarome Iginla
Alex Burrows
Ryane Clowe
Cam Atkinson
Alex Tanguay
Henrik Lundqvist
Devan Dubnyk
Antti Niemi
Ilya Bryzgalov

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:29 AM
  #34
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13
 
mrzeigler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
I'd like some feedback on if I should make any moves ...this was what the computer drafted since I was at the Falcons game during the draft



Mikko Koivu
Patrik Elias
Ryan Kesler
Milan Lucic
Thomas Vanek
Phil Kessel
Jordan Eberle
Kris Letang
Alex Pietrangelo
Keith Yandle
Niklas Kronwall,
Jarome Iginla
Alex Burrows
Ryane Clowe
Cam Atkinson
Alex Tanguay
Henrik Lundqvist
Devan Dubnyk
Antti Niemi
Ilya Bryzgalov
Kesler is still injured and, I believe, is a question to play at all this season. EDIT: I saw a player note on Yahoo that the Canucks are optimistic. So proceed with caution on my advice. Maybe just squirrel him away on the IR.

Elias isn't as valuable in a standard league as he is in a custom league. Losing Parise in the offseason will hurt his offense, but he ought to still be effective.

I not sure how he's expected to be used, but I don't put much faith in Tanguay at this point in his career.

Atkinson might get top minutes in Columbus, but it's Columbus ... and Atkinson is a rookie. Don't expect much from him. A better rookie RW option that should be available is Silfverberg in Ott. He's starting the season on a line with Spezza and Michalek. It's a much better situation there and less likely to be a +/- disaster like Columbus is.

Nice D, even though I expect Ekman-Larson to surpass Yandle as the top fantasy Dman in Phoenix this season. See if anyone in your league still holds him in high regard; he might be useful as part of a trade to bolster your offense. OEL might still be available on waivers.

I'd plan to trade either Dubnyk or Bryzgalov if either gets off to a hot start. Lundqvist and Niemi give you two strong starters, so I wouldn't use two bench spots for G depth. One backup should be sufficient ...

So, to recap, I would:
* Drop Kesler
* Drop Tanguay
* See if Silfverberg and Ekman-Larson are available
* Dangle Yandle as trade bait; perhaps trying to package him with one of your goalies to a team with weak G.


Last edited by mrzeigler: 01-14-2013 at 12:25 PM.
mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:24 AM
  #35
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
H2H points, our points system is heavily goals and assists based. 2 points for a goal (even or SH), 1 for an assist (even or SH), 1 for a PP goal, 0.5 for a PP assist, 2 for a hattrick, 1 for a GWG. Goalies is 3 for a win, 0.1 per save, -1 for a GA, -1 for a loss, 3 for a shutout. 9 team league, with a 10th spot for IR, start 1 LW, 1 C, 1 RW, 2 D, 1 G.

4. Daniel Sedin, LW
29. Jonathan Toews, C
36. Jimmy Howard, G
61. Michael Del Zotto, D
68. Dany Heatley, RW
93. Nathan Horton, RW
100. Brayden Schenn, LW/C
125. Andrei Markov, D
132. Nail Yakupov, RW

Didn't pick a 2nd goalie because I only lose points if he loses, liked Schenn at that spot because he's dual position. Matchups are weekly, you can change your lineup each day.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:06 AM
  #36
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
From a pure offense standpoint, I like your forwards. Voracek is expected to be on the top line with Giroux and Hartnell this year, so you might not want him on the bench for long. I think Gaborik is LW/RW eligible. At this very early stage, I'd probably plan to start him at LW and shift the C-eligible Jamie Benn to C and sit Koivu until he shows he's better than your other six Fs. Since FWs don't count in standard rules, there's no disincentive to give a true C priority over a C-eligible winger.

The downside of all that offense is you're going to get very light PIMs from it. Neal, who I think averages less than 1 PIM/games, is your strongest PIM contributor among your F Gaborik, Eriksson, Koivu and Nugent-Hopkins are very anemic when it comes to PIMs. I expect good stuff from P.A. Parenteau this year on the top line in Colorado ... if you could swing an Eriksson-Parenteau trade you might not lose much offense while gaining a nice boost in PIMs (PAP had 89 PIMs last year to Eriksson's 12).

You won't get a ton of help with PIMs from your Dmen. Edler, Kulikov and Shattenkirk probably won't give you much, and Letang is about average with his PIM production.

Edler and Letang are locks for a good season. Faulk, although I like his upside, could suffer a little from Carolina's decision to bring back Joe Corvo, who has been OK on the PP. If the Canes view Corvo as a PP contibutor, that could hurt Faulk's value (keep in mind Pitkanen also is in the mix). Watch this situation during camp and the 1st week of the season. If Corvo is in the PP mix, maybe drop Faulk for a pure PIM-producing dman?

I don't know what type of playing time is forecast for Tarasenko, but since this isn't a keeper league, I would drop/trade him for a huge PIM-producing F (such as Ott) unless he is given prominent top-6 minutes right from the start of the season. With such a compressed schedule, if it takes three weeks for a player to be worked into the lineup, you're losing 10 or 11 of 48 games of usefulness. In one-year leagues, I would steer clear of almost all rookies this season.
Fantastic feedback, thanks a lot

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:49 AM
  #37
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 500
Curious to hear what people have to say, think I did rather well

C - Stamkos
C - Henrik Sedin
LW - Datsyuk
LW - Heatley
RW - Seguin
RW - Gaborik
D - Suter
D - Boyle
D - Seabrook
D - Carle
G - Lehtonen
G - Miller

Bench
Krejci
Filppula
Selanne
Brunner
Girardi
Paul Martin

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:28 PM
  #38
Sharkzfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
14 team H2H Redraft

Picked 12th...

C E.Staal (17)
C/RW Skinner (45)
C/RW Briere (96)
LW Vanek (73)
LW/RW Doan (124)
LW Baertschi (157)
RW Kessel (12)
RW Havlat (101)
RW Clutterbuck (185) (we count hits)
D Kaberle (213)
D Quincey (236)
D Kulikov (241)
D O'Brien (264)
G C.Ward (40)
G Niemi (68)

Bench
G Pavelec (152)
C Henrique (208)
C Krejci (129)
LW McGinn (180)

Start 2 goalies but in a 14 team, I felt it a good idea to have 3 starters and short another owner.

Would like some opinions. I didn't feel good about my draft. Felt trapped at 12.


Last edited by Sharkzfan: 01-14-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Sharkzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
  #39
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
Kesler is still injured and, I believe, is a question to play at all this season. EDIT: I saw a player note on Yahoo that the Canucks are optimistic. So proceed with caution on my advice. Maybe just squirrel him away on the IR.

Elias isn't as valuable in a standard league as he is in a custom league. Losing Parise in the offseason will hurt his offense, but he ought to still be effective.

I not sure how he's expected to be used, but I don't put much faith in Tanguay at this point in his career.

Atkinson might get top minutes in Columbus, but it's Columbus ... and Atkinson is a rookie. Don't expect much from him. A better rookie RW option that should be available is Silfverberg in Ott. He's starting the season on a line with Spezza and Michalek. It's a much better situation there and less likely to be a +/- disaster like Columbus is.

Nice D, even though I expect Ekman-Larson to surpass Yandle as the top fantasy Dman in Phoenix this season. See if anyone in your league still holds him in high regard; he might be useful as part of a trade to bolster your offense. OEL might still be available on waivers.

I'd plan to trade either Dubnyk or Bryzgalov if either gets off to a hot start. Lundqvist and Niemi give you two strong starters, so I wouldn't use two bench spots for G depth. One backup should be sufficient ...

So, to recap, I would:
* Drop Kesler
* Drop Tanguay
* See if Silfverberg and Ekman-Larson are available
* Dangle Yandle as trade bait; perhaps trying to package him with one of your goalies to a team with weak G.
Thanks for the feedback dude!

So these are the moves I've made

Dropped Kesler
Dropped Tanguay
Dropped Dubnyk
Dropped Clowe
Picked up Silfverberg, Duchene, Josi, Hudler

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:52 PM
  #40
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,602
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Thanks for the feedback dude!

So these are the moves I've made

Dropped Kesler
Dropped Tanguay
Dropped Dubnyk
Dropped Clowe
Picked up Silfverberg, Duchene, Josi, Hudler
I would rather have Tanguay than Hudler. Hudler will most likely be starting on the 3rd line while Tanguay will start on the 1st line.

TherapyforGlencross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
  #41
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,562
vCash: 500
whats up with the flames where Hudler would start on the 3rd line...they ain't that deep

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:33 PM
  #42
rrasco
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
We only had 6 teams this year due to the late start. Should make for an interesting season. I think I made out pretty well.

C Henrik Zetterberg (C,LW)
C Jason Spezza (C)
C Pavel Datsyuk (C,LW)
C Patrice Bergeron (C)
LW Rick Nash (LW)
LW James Neal (LW,RW)
LW Jamie Benn (C,LW)
LW Patrik Elias (C,LW)
RW Marian Hossa (RW)
RW Marian Gaborik (RW)
RW Radim Vrbata (RW)
RW Damien Brunner (RW)
D Erik Karlsson (D)
D Shea Weber (D)
D Ryan Suter (D)
D Dennis Wideman (D)
D Justin Schultz (D)
D Oliver Ekman-Larsson (D)
Ut Tyler Bozak (C)
BN Brent Burns (D)
BN Michael Ryder (RW)

G Antti Niemi
G Mike Smith
BN Craig Anderson
BN Ondrej Pavelec

rrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:41 PM
  #43
captaincrunch89
Registered User
 
captaincrunch89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Tonawanda
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
12 team league Offense way more important than goaltending
C: Crosby
C: H. Sedin
C: Pavelski
C: Ennis
LW: Eriksson
LW: Cammalleri
LW: Baertschi
LW: MacArthur
RW: Read
RW: Hodgson
RW: Little
RW: Wellwood
D: Edler
D: Keith
D: Doughty
D: Myers
D: Wideman
D: Sekera
G: Schneider
G: Price
BN: Granlund
BN: Couturier
BN: Grigorenko

captaincrunch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:03 PM
  #44
NoVe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BRAMTPON
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
I just finished my NHL Fantasy Draft. It was a ten team draft, I had 8th pick. Here is the team I drafted. Please let me know what you think...

Ryan Getzlaf - C
Mikko Koivu - C
Mikhail Grabovski - C
Mike Ribeiro - C
Tyler Seguin - C,RW
Patrick Cane - C,RW
Jakob Voracek - RW
Vladimir Tarasenko - RW
Jordan Staal - C,LW
James Neal - LW,RW
Alex Semin - LW,RW

Zdeno Chara - D
Alex Pietrangelo - D
Kevin Shattenkirk - D
Matt Carle - D
Dion Phaneuf - D

Cory Schneider - G
Cory Crawford - G
Brian Elliot - G

Remember, I picked 8th so don't tell me I should have picked Crosby or Malkin or Stamkos etc...they are obviously not available by the time my 1st pick came along.

NoVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:29 PM
  #45
dhasek3910
Registered User
 
dhasek3910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
10 team league:

3 keepers: Weber (D), Backes (C), Hiller (G)

35: (first 30 picks dedicated to keepers) Claude Giroux
46: Eric Staal
66: Jeff Carter
75: Brian Elliot
86: Bobby Ryan
95: Matt Moulson
106: Tomas Fleischmann
115: Jeff Skinner
126: Oliver Ekman-Larsson
135: Paul Statsny
146: Mark Streit
155: Matt Martin (we count hits as one of our h2h categories)
166: Tyler Myers
175: Jose Theodore
186: Chris Stewart
195: Mark Giordano
206: Devin Setoguchi
215: Adam Henrique
226: Damien Brunner
228: Carl Hagelin

Any input/comments greatly appreciated!

dhasek3910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:49 PM
  #46
Badger Mayhew
Registered User
 
Badger Mayhew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 50
Just had this team doing a mock draft, 12 person H2H:

C - Steven Stamkos
C - Jamie Benn
LW - Loui Eriksson
LW - Dustin Brown
RW - Jordan Eberle
RW - Teemu Selanne
D - Dion Phaneuf
D - Michael Del Zotto
D - Oliver Ekman-Larsson
D - Brent Seabrook
G - Jarsolav Halak
G - James Reimer
Bench - Ryan O'Reilly
Bench - Jakub Voracek
Bench - Ryan McDonagh
Bench - David Perron

Think I did really well, but most people were mainly just drafting based on the Yahoo rankings

Badger Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:58 PM
  #47
Hennig
It was 4-1.
 
Hennig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,377
vCash: 1684
Just finished an 8 team head to head fantasy draft. Any feedback on my roster? Goes by G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG & W, SHO, SV

C- Nicklas Backstrom
C- Logan Couture

LW- Ilya Kovalchuk
LW-Loui Eriksson

RW- Marion Gaborik
RW- Joffrey Lupul

D- Erik Karlsson
D- Alex Pietrangelo
D- Drew Doughty
D- Justin Shultz

G- Henrik Lundqvist
G- Carey Price

UTIL- Ryan-Nugent Hopkins
UTIL- Patrik Elias
UTIL- Miikka Kiprusoff
UTIL- Radim Vrbata

Hennig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:36 AM
  #48
King Kovalchuk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
This is from a 8 person league draft I did last night

C- Claude Giroux
C- David Backes
LW- James Neal
LW- Loui Eriksson
RW- Alexandre Burrows
RW- Radim Vrbata
D- Alex Pietrangelo
D- Drew Doughty
D- Kevin Bieksa
D- Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Util- Brad Marchard
Util- Patrice Bergeron

G- Jimmy Howard
G- Mike Smith
G- Marc Andre-Fluery

B- Patrik Elias
B- Joffrey Lopul
B- Vladimir Tarasenko

I noticed after the draft there was still good pick ups as FAs like David Perron, Ryan Kesler, and Jeff Carter. Would it be a good idea to drop Tarasenko and pick one of them up?

King Kovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:36 AM
  #49
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton
 
McSkittlez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 9,070
vCash: 500
12 Team League. I drafted last.

C- Patrick Kane
C- Henrik Zetterberg
LW- Ilya Kovalchuk
LW- Logan Couture
RW- Justin Williams
RW- T.J Oshie
D- Alex Pietrangelo
D- Keith Yandle
D- Kevin Shattenkirk
D- Cam Fowler

BN- Ryan Getzlaf
BN- Mikko Koivu
BN- Zach Bogosian
BN- Martin Havlat

G- Pekka Rinne
G- Mikka Kiprusoff

This is my second year playing fantasy so I think I did ok. D looks a little weak though...

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:52 PM
  #50
MastuhNinks
Registered User
 
MastuhNinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Iron Throne
Posts: 4,364
vCash: 500
12 teams, H2H

First pick was 6th overall.

C - Claude Giroux
C - Henrik Sedin
C - Mike Richards

LW - Ilya Kovalchuk
LW - Milan Lucic

RW - Marian Hossa
RW - Marian Gaborik

D - Alexander Edler
D - Denis Wideman
D - Joni Pitkanen

G - Cam Ward
G - Kari Lehtonen

Bench:
C/LW - Andy Mcdonald
RW - Martin Havlat
D - Jason Garrison

Pretty happy with it, glad to get Giroux at 6th and I'm amazed that I still managed a Sedin, Kovalchuk (ranked 55th ), Gabby, Hossa. My D isn't amazing but I was very happy to pick up Garrison in the 15th round. I wanted to draft some defenders or goalies but I kept seeing guys like Kovalchuk or Hossa left on the board and I couldn't pass up on them.

Also sorta unrelated, but a guy in my league drafted Cory Schneider 4th overall.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.