HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Training Camp

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 07:58 PM
PaulQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
RDD had Sylvain Lefebvre for an interview and didn't ask him for Leblanc....Good job RDS....
if you notice, Habs reporters/journalists don't like confrontation... They nervously laugh when Markov abuse them... They were scared of Jacques Martin (and Claude Julien), never really asked tough questions to Cunnyworth... The RDS reporter probably wanted to ask Lefebvre about Leblanc but chickened out!

Old
01-13-2013, 08:05 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
RDD had Sylvain Lefebvre for an interview and didn't ask him for Leblanc....Good job RDS....
Lefebvre is a bully, probably threatened to beat up the RDS dude if he made him look bad.

I can see him and his staff kinda like the character played by Rob Riggle in the movie Stepbrothers.

"Listen up RDS guy, you make us look bad, and Sylvain here will eat your dick!"

"Like Kobayashi!!!!"

Old
01-13-2013, 08:18 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
if you notice, Habs reporters/journalists don't like confrontation... They nervously laugh when Markov abuse them... They were scared of Jacques Martin (and Claude Julien), never really asked tough questions to Cunnyworth... The RDS reporter probably wanted to ask Lefebvre about Leblanc but chickened out!
You don't often see RDS and journalism associated together. It is something of an oxymoron.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Habaddict

The hockey part of the thread seems to have got lost.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:36 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
You don't often see RDS and journalism associated together. It is something of an oxymoron.
lulz.

one of the best, i.e. worst parts is when Lavoie interviews a player in English between periods, basically asking very pointed questions and then translates it in a way that makes google translate seem perfect and as if the player himself brought up the issues and game plan. He could at least say something along the lines of, "je lui ai demandé...", "et il a répondu/répliqué" (I asked him..., and he replied...). Then again, not like those interviews are groundbreaking.

One thing I will give them credit for is that they aren't huge homers. In fact, usually tending to the opposite, particularly on L'antichambre. (I do actually really love Pierre Houde's commentary though.)

The most annoying thing is their hard on for any Francophones on the other team. Man, I like our homeboys too, but not when they play for the pens, bruins or flyers!

Old
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
lulz.

one of the best, i.e. worst parts is when Lavoie interviews a player in English between periods, basically asking very pointed questions and then translates it in a way that makes google translate seem perfect and as if the player himself brought up the issues and game plan. He could at least say something along the lines of, "je lui ai demandé...", "et il a répondu/répliqué" (I asked him..., and he replied...). Then again, not like those interviews are groundbreaking.

One thing I will give them credit for is that they aren't huge homers. In fact, usually tending to the opposite, particularly on L'antichambre. (I do actually really love Pierre Houde's commentary though.)

The most annoying thing is their hard on for any Francophones on the other team. Man, I like our homeboys too, but not when they play for the pens, bruins or flyers!
The best is when Lavoie asks a question in english and it comes out completely rude and innappropriate.

"So, Chris Higgins, you are having a terrible season and nothing seems to be working for you, why is that?"

"Uhh...Well, I don't know if I would say terrible...but..."

or

"So Kirk, the powerplay is really bad. Why do you think that is?"

"Ahh, jeez, I wouldn't say it's really bad..."

waffledave
Old
01-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The best is when Lavoie asks a question in english and it comes out completely rude and innappropriate.

"So, Chris Higgins, you are having a terrible season and nothing seems to be working for you, why is that?"

"Uhh...Well, I don't know if I would say terrible...but..."

or

"So Kirk, the powerplay is really bad. Why do you think that is?"

"Ahh, jeez, I wouldn't say it's really bad..."
Stop living in the past

Old
01-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Andy

With Therrien and Bergevin's emphasis on grit/character, I wouldn't be surprised if both push for Tinordi to make the team out of camp. I doubt he's ready, but even so, it wouldn't surprise me if he stuck around.

I also think we may see the end of Weber.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:40 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
With Therrien and Bergevin's emphasis on grit/character, I wouldn't be surprised if both push for Tinordi to make the team out of camp. I doubt he's ready, but even so, it wouldn't surprise me if he stuck around.

I'm as high on Tinordi as anyone on this board, but I don't think it would be wise for him to make the team this year. He'd be unfortunately miscast as the team heavyweight, and the last thing you want is Lucic and co going after him and getting ourselves into another Komisarek situation. Tinordi needs to fill out, and then once he does we can set him out to the wolves. I think he gets a callup next year, and hopefully adds strength and size in the offseason...

Old
01-13-2013, 11:44 PM
StellerEller
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 425
Quote:

I could see him getting a callup when/if someone goes down but

Subban
Markov
Gorges
Kaberle
Emelin
Boullion

all will play over him for sure. I also think theyll take Diaz as the 7th. He'll probably get a call over weber. It all depends on who gets hurt. If we lose an offensive guy than diaz is going in but if gorges or emelin go down tinordi could get the call.

Last edited by StellerEller: 01-13-2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
01-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Et le But

Quote:
I wouldn't rule it out, but it would be a terrible idea.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:32 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I wouldn't rule it out, but it would be a terrible idea.
I'm definitely ruling it out. It's either Dumont or Galchenyuk who make the big team, no one else. I'm rooting for Galchenyuk to make the big team and maybe Dumont can continue to score with the Dogs and possibly turn into a solid secondary scorer for us (long shot but plausible). I can also deal with the roles being reversed.

I think when Bergevin says that he wants Galchenyuk to 'prove him wrong' and make the team, I think he's issuing a challenge to Galchenyuk. It's better than saying he thinks he can or can't outright make the team or even 'we'll wait and see'.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:25 AM
THE HOFF

love how Therrien is putting the pressure on the players : '' we have no excuses, we will be ready '' ... putting pressure on himself, yes , but also on the players. He's got some balls ...

Old
01-14-2013, 01:37 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Umm, both Mrkov and Subban are at the very east in the top 30 best defensmens in the league plus we have Kaberle who's a 0.5 PPG defensmen. Our problem is the mix, we need toughness on that D squad for PK duties and prtoecting Price. Basically we need Tinordi to be NHL ready
This. Big time. Some people are acting like our d corps is a joke. If you took out bouillon and added a big steady 2nd pairing guy then you have yourself a pretty top notch top 6

Old
01-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Roulin

Some even strength numbers:

Weber
GP: 60
TOI: 11.40
Off Zone Start %: 56.5
Corsi Rel QOC: -.789
Rel Corsi: -9.2

St Denis
GP:17
TOI: 11.97
Off Zone Start %: 52.5
Corsi Rel QOC: -.807
Rel Corsi: 5.4

...confirms what (most of) our eyes were telling us, that St Denis was the more solid defenceman. I hope the Habs saw something they liked in Weber in Europe. Otherwise, they are either leaning on the promise Weber showed before he plateau'd, or they think they can find him some PP time (even with Markov, Subban, Kaberle and Diaz on the team) - IMO both these ways of thinking would be misguided.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Sorry, but Kaberle / Diaz is softer than Ginette Reno's abdomen.
I LOL'd so lound!! Wel played mister

Old
01-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Nedved

What's on the agenda today?

Is there practice? If someone is going a report would be appreciated for those who cannot make it because of work.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Ya, it's at 10 AM I believe.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:40 AM
FinnHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
love how Therrien is putting the pressure on the players : '' we have no excuses, we will be ready '' ... putting pressure on himself, yes , but also on the players. He's got some balls ...
Therrien is all emotion and attitude. I like that too. i bet that floaters aint get free ride with new head coach...

Old
01-14-2013, 09:42 AM
HomaridII

Francois Gagnon ‏@GagnonFrancois
Galchenyuk vient de marquer un but dans la lucarne avec un tir des poignets de la #NHL qui n'a donné aucune chance à Carey Price

Old
01-14-2013, 09:44 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Therrien is all emotion and attitude. I like that too. i bet that floaters aint get free ride with new head coach...
Which is what this team needed for a long time coming

Old
01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Galchenyuk vient de marquer un but dans la lucarne avec un tir des poignets de la #NHL qui n'a donné aucune chance à Carey Price
Amazing!!!! any video?

Old
01-14-2013, 10:14 AM
charlie

Quote:
For anyone that needs a translation.

Galchenyuk has just marked a goal in the attic window with a shooting from the wrists of the #NHL which did not give any chance to Carey Price

Old
01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Will someone tell this kid not to score on Price?

Old
01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
For anyone that needs a translation.

Galchenyuk has just marked a goal in the attic window with a shooting from the wrists of the #NHL which did not give any chance to Carey Price

Closed Thread