HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Duchene for Gardiner (or similar defenseman) Discussion

Old
01-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Lebda Snipes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Not really. Duchene is a 21 year old who was a PPG player at the all star game two years ago, soon after that injuries and trades caused the avs to fall apart and then last year Duchene got hurt. With dutchy healthy again and the avs having real depth for once, there's no reason not to expect him to get back to where he already was, which considering his age and position makes him just as valuable as Kessel, and more valuable to the avs.
Well put, i definetly see your point. It will be interesting to see how he bounces back from injury, as i am a fan of his. I wouldnt mind seeing him at the next team canada training camp. I still feel that Kessel is a more unique player in the sense he has the pure goal scorer mentality, and players like that are hard to come by at his skill level. but thats most likely my Toronto bias talking.

Lebda Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:25 AM
cgf

Yeah Kessel's an awesome goalscoring winger, and him and Staz would be ridiculously good together, like challenging 50 goals for Kessel and 90 points for Staz, but with the avs finally having the winger depth to give each of their 3 centers a scoring line, it's just too tempting to give up at this point, especially with how many young and developing players are involved. Plus although Kessel's a great goal scorer, Duchene playing center, having a solid two way game when he's not trying to be Foppa, and being a dangerous goal scorer himself, makes me prefer the youngin who's loved the Avs since he was a little kid and still has the potential to reach a level of play that Kessel just can't.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Yeah Kessel's an awesome goalscoring winger, and him and Staz would be ridiculously good together, like challenging 50 goals for Kessel and 90 points for Staz, but with the avs finally having the winger depth to give each of their 3 centers a scoring line, it's just too tempting to give up at this point, especially with how many young and developing players are involved. Plus although Kessel's a great goal scorer, Duchene playing center, having a solid two way game when he's not trying to be Foppa, and being a dangerous goal scorer himself, makes me prefer the youngin who's loved the Avs since he was a little kid and still has the potential to reach a level of play that Kessel just can't.
Cant argue that. Duchene is a special player that has a more complete skill set than kessel. And it would be nice to see him reach his full potential, a good ontario boy that plays great hockey, which is why i would love to see him in the Blue and White. Wouldnt trade kessel for him though, the whole point of aquiring him would be to have duchene play with kessel.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

And even more so then that, with the ongoing situation with Oreilly, Duchene has become our most valuable Center by a lot. He grew up a life long fan of the Avs, wants to play for Colorado and wants to win with Colorado. Why would we trade a guy like that with the talent he has for anything.

In a vacuum Kessel and Duchene might be close on value. But when you add the situation Duchene is in compared to Kessel, his value is a lot more then Kessel, and anyone else on the Leafs roster.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
And even more so then that, with the ongoing situation with Oreilly, Duchene has become our most valuable Center by a lot. He grew up a life long fan of the Avs, wants to play for Colorado and wants to win with Colorado. Why would we trade a guy like that with the talent he has for anything.

In a vacuum Kessel and Duchene might be close on value. But when you add the situation Duchene is in compared to Kessel, his value is a lot more then Kessel, and anyone else on the Leafs roster.
Agreed. I think leafs should work a deal around Statsny rather that duchene as i feel he is more of a realistic player to pry out of COL. and if its D COL are looking for. Franson/Gunnarson could be center points to build around.

Franson + Conditional 1st (2014) may be a starting point, given the contract Statsny is on.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:55 AM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post
Agreed. I think leafs should work a deal around Statsny rather that duchene as i feel he is more of a realistic player to pry out of COL. and if its D COL are looking for. Franson/Gunnarson could be center points to build around.

Franson + Conditional 1st (2014) may be a starting point, given the contract Statsny is on.
The Avs are happy to keep Stastny. He's probably 1-2 million dollars over paid but that points moot when you consider how low our payroll is. I think this year Stastny rebounds given how he is playing with competent wingers for once who really seem to fit his playing style.

Last edited by avsfan09: 01-14-2013 at 11:00 AM.
avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
cgf

Quote:

Avs requests for Staz won't be that much less. He's still our best center, we still need him to help the younger guys develop, and we still want to be able to roll 3 strong lines now that we have the wingers for it. So if someone wants staz we'd still be looking for a LHD to partner with EJ on our first pairing. Franson and Gunnarson just don't fit the profile.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Cant argue that. Duchene is a special player that has a more complete skill set than kessel. And it would be nice to see him reach his full potential, a good ontario boy that plays great hockey, which is why i would love to see him in the Blue and White. Wouldnt trade kessel for him though, the whole point of aquiring him would be to have duchene play with kessel.
Duchene and Kessel would be terrible together, just fyi.

I wouldn't move Duchene for a 1st + Gardiner, can't see any Leafs fan wanting to move him for a 1st + Gardiner if they were the ones with Duchene either. Ballpark or not, it doesn't matter how close in value a proposal is if a team still isn't interested in doing it.

The Leafs simply don't have the assets we're in need of right now. Rielly in two years might be close, but he's still a prospect and by then you guys will be saying how he's worth more than gold to your team (rightly so if he pans out).

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:39 AM
DK28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
There is no way the Avs Trade Duchesne, unless a way better d-man than Gardiner is com ing back.

IMO a Gardiner for Stastny deal make a lot of sense for both teams.

The avs save a ton of money and get the d-man they need. The leafs get another project to build their team around.( go look at all their deals they never get a slam dunk player!)

In all seriousness this deal is fair valuewise given stastnys performance of late and his cost.
I like the idea of Gardiner for Stastny. Stastny may need a change of scenery and a fresh start, and Toronto could handle his larger cap hit.

DK28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Any Avs fans, just for fun -- What, if anything, on the CBJ blueline, would be value for each of the three centers? Not suggesting either team would actually make a trade even if it's fair value, just spitballing.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Any Avs fans, just for fun -- What, if anything, on the CBJ blueline, would be value for each of the three centers? Not suggesting either team would actually make a trade even if it's fair value, just spitballing.
Tyutin+ for Stastny was talked about a little about a week ago. Can't remember if either side liked the value or not.

I don't know a whole lot about Tyutin and haven't watched him play much so I cant really comment either.

Other then that I don't think theres a trade to be made between the two teams.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
It'd have to begin with JJ and depending on the center different value added. Imo at least.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Only Leafs fan do this? You're hilarious.

Leafs say no
Coyotes say no to OEL
Washington doesnt need Duchene
NYR doesnt need Duchene
Montreal doesnt need Duchene
Edmonton needs D more than they need Duchene

That leaves you Anaheim, Carolina and Chicago.

Good luck.
Leafs definitely say yes.

We've got Rielly, remember?

One of them is gonna leave down the road anyways.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Chungo

I would love for a trade to happen between Col and Tor, but Duchene is nearly untouchable.

He's going to be a stud in the league and loves playing for Colorado, no way will he ever leave the team IMO.

O'Reilly or Statsny are the two best option, but have no idea what good value would be for them.

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:34 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK28 View Post
I like the idea of Gardiner for Stastny. Stastny may need a change of scenery and a fresh start, and Toronto could handle his larger cap hit.
Leafs also wouldn't do that deal after the last 2 years Stastny's had.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Only Leafs fan do this? You're hilarious.

Leafs say no
Coyotes say no to OEL
Washington doesnt need Duchene
NYR doesnt need Duchene
Montreal doesnt need Duchene
Edmonton needs D more than they need Duchene

That leaves you Anaheim, Carolina and Chicago.

Good luck.
I would take Faulk and Fowler over Gardiner, and not even hesitate.

Really, I'm not convinced Gardiner is worth Duchene at this point.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
So Schultz who hasn't played 1 NHL game is better
No, you're right. Schultz is in an ideal situation offensively, and he should put up good numbers, but Gardiner has certainly shown something of worth at the NHL level(and Gardiner certainly won't benefit as much from his teammates as Schultz will).

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
Leafs also wouldn't do that deal after the last 2 years Stastny's had.
I agree with this. I also wouldn't see nonis pulling the trigger until after 2013 UFA is done.

Not saying we are getting Getzlaf, but if he signs somewhere else than Colorado trading partner would make more sense.

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:00 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

vCash: 1660
Duchene for Hedman

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Also :

Andrej Meszaros
82 GP 10 G 29 A 39 PTS

At least 1 or 2 D men come into the league each year like that and then fall back to earth
And all the more reason to emphasize that possibility because Gardiner is a Leaf.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Djp

Buffalo has surplus Defenceman and could move one fo them to Colorado.

BUF: Satasny/Duchene +

COL: Sekera/Leopold, Luke Adam, +

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Buffalo has surplus Defenceman and could move one fo them to Colorado.

BUF: Satasny/Duchene +

COL: Sekera/Leopold, Luke Adam, +
Tyler Myers better be in the deal if you want Duchene.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:43 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Duchene for Hedman

Duchene for Tyler Myers + Luke Adam

Duchene for Morgan Rielly + 4th 2013

Duchene for Jake Gardiner + Tyler Bozak + 3rd 2013

Duchene for Jack Johnson + David Savard + 4th 2013

Duchene for Griffin Reinhart + 2nd 2013

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:50 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Duchene for Hedman

Those offers are not close to equal.
The only one I would have to think long and hard about is Duchene for Tyler Myers. The Leafs offers are terrible.
Same for Reinhart. Avs would not think a split second about those deals.
Duchene for JJ is a no go as well.
Hedman is good but I would not give up Duchene for him.

Myers + Adam is close. If we get the ROR situation solved, it is something to think about.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Duchene for Hedman

These are so bad haha. You are saying Tyler Myers and Luke Adam have equal value of the Toronto deal? lol

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote