HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Question about Getzlaf

Old
01-13-2013, 11:53 PM
AngelDuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
If Perry basically stated that he will not resign what would you want for him from Rangers?
Stepan, Ryan Mcdonagh, and a 1st probably gets it done right now.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Perry would ask for $7.5-8M IMO.
I woudnt mind that with perry... i think hes earned it. He is pretty durable too. i think hes missed 18 games in 6 seasons with his play style is pretty damn good(4 were suspension for the hit on giroux).

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:59 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
For an UFA Perry? Lol... I can be generous and give you Gaborik (signed next season as well) and maybe something small.

Or a top prospect, 1st '14 and a young top 6 FWD or D-man. If Perry was signed you could have asked for McDonagh++ but he's not so that is really unrealistic.

Gaborik + St Croix (C prospect, top 6 potential, very skilled) for Perry on his last year of contract seems fair.

Gaborik will score 40 goals and take over Perry's production while having 1 more year on his contract after this season. Better than nothing.

But I'd assume that Ducks wants younger players, so you'd probably not like that deal?

CaptainCally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:01 AM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I woudnt mind that with perry... i think hes earned it. He is pretty durable too. i think hes missed 18 games in 6 seasons with his play style is pretty damn good(4 were suspension for the hit on giroux).
Yeah I agree. Although it seems like Ducks fan think he will leave so I guess it wouldn't matter if the Ducks would offer that since he could get that from any team in the league I suppose...

I hope he stays in Anaheim or he gets traded to Rangers and resign. 'Cause I just have a feeling he's gonna join Canucks otherwise and I hate Vancouver .

Edit: I have a really strong feeling that Pens would get him somehow if he would want to leave Ducks. Crosby - Perry. Malkin - Neal GTFO...

Old
01-14-2013, 12:07 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
For an UFA Perry? Lol... I can be generous and give you Gaborik (signed next season as well) and maybe something small.

Or a top prospect, 1st '14 and a young top 6 FWD or D-man. If Perry was signed you could have asked for McDonagh++ but he's not so that is really unrealistic.

Gaborik + St Croix (C prospect, top 6 potential, very skilled) for Perry on his last year of contract seems fair.

Gaborik will score 40 goals and take over Perry's production while having 1 more year on his contract after this season. Better than nothing.

But I'd assume that Ducks wants younger players, so you'd probably not like that deal?
Ducks want younger pieces, and preferably centers. We have enough wingers in the pipeline so I doubt Gaborik is what Murray is looking for.

Stepan would have to be in a deal for Perry...Gotta give good pieces to get, and Perry is one of the best in the game. Not saying my proposal is fair, but that would be the Ducks asking price. Perry and Getzlaf are our faces of the franchise right now. Which is why if they leave for nothing, we're ****ed. Murray's asking price would most likely seem outrageous to other teams because these guys are so important to us

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
95% for Getz. Tough to get a reading on Perry, never reveals anything, so I'll just say 50%

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
They aren't going to bring back that sort of return.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
You would not be interested in Gaborik? Cap reasons and we our top 6 is pretty good already. Too much money invested in Nash, Richards and Perry (if we got him).

Gaborik would also take over Perry's production. But yeah Gaborik's contract situation maybe isn't optimal since you guys will have to resign Getz and Perry (if he stays).

Kreider/Hagelin + 1st '14 + ? For Perry would that work?
No interest in Gaborik. That's the wrong sort of return. We have lesser wingers ready to fill the vacancy if Perry is leaving.

As for the other offer, I'm sure the return would resemble something like that. I can't give you any specifics since we don't have a good sense of our needs at the moment. We need to see the team in action, first.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:51 AM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
No interest in Gaborik. That's the wrong sort of return. We have lesser wingers ready to fill the vacancy if Perry is leaving.

As for the other offer, I'm sure the return would resemble something like that. I can't give you any specifics since we don't have a good sense of our needs at the moment. We need to see the team in action, first.
Alright, I kinda expected that. It would be a pain in the *** to obtain Perry without trading of Gaborik. I guess we'd have to trade him first then use some of those pieces + some of our other pieces to make an enticing offer to Ducks.

Let's say we trade Gaborik to Detroit.

1st 2013 + Jarnkrok + Kindl for Gaborik

Then Rangers offers: Conditional 1st 2014 (the condition is that Perry resigns with Rangers) + Jarnkrok (he's a C) + Hagelin/Kreider for Perry. Would that be a fair offer?

Old
01-14-2013, 03:20 AM
Djp

Anaheim hopefully will get Getzlaf signed early....the longer it drags out the more rumors swirl the team and distract them.

Perry---he is the more likely one getting traded for a bunch of stuff given he wants to test UFA land. By trading deadline. They could get 2 or 3 new toys to play with for him.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:24 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:

You aren't being generous, Anaheim would have ZERO interest in Gaborik. None. Deal starts with Stepan to get Anaheim interested

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:59 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Alright, I kinda expected that. It would be a pain in the *** to obtain Perry without trading of Gaborik. I guess we'd have to trade him first then use some of those pieces + some of our other pieces to make an enticing offer to Ducks.

Let's say we trade Gaborik to Detroit.

1st 2013 + Jarnkrok + Kindl for Gaborik

Then Rangers offers: Conditional 1st 2014 (the condition is that Perry resigns with Rangers) + Jarnkrok (he's a C) + Hagelin/Kreider for Perry. Would that be a fair offer?
Detroit doesn't do that deal. I expect them to call themselves on Perry but it is going to be a steep price even with the rental nature. One of the few guys they would probably make Jarnkrok available for, Gaborik isn't one of them however.

If Detroit was run like Philly I would say extend Filppula then ship him with some of our better prospects. They would never do that though something I actually like about them.

Anaheim will want a young top 6 player or top 9 (with top 6 upside) and a couple of very nice prospects and a pick.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:33 AM
emackulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
If you asked me to put odds on the two returning, I'd say 80-20 for Getzlaf, and 50-50 for Perry. Getzlaf just seems very rooted in Anaheim as far as his personal life goes, has been quoted as saying he wants to stay, and would probably take a slight hometown discount in order to do so as long as the Ducks treat him well in the negotiations.

Perry has given the "let's wait and see" answer when asked about his upcoming free agency. He strikes me as the type of guy who would love to remain in Anaheim, but would expect them to match any offer and that could prove troublesome because teams will open their wallets wide for him.

As a Ducks fan I'd obviously love to see both signed long term, but I wouldn't be devastated if they signed Getzlaf and dealt Perry for the right package or young player at some point this season. Perry is a great player but Bobby Ryan can quickly fill his shoes, and the Ducks have young players on the horizon who look like top six players ( Palmieri, Holland, Etem, Rakell maybe even DSP).
is that the only reason perry is about 50-50 chance to re-sign? because of his somewhat vague answers? although i am a fan, i don't really follow ducks aside from new regarding getzlaf and perry and even then, i just expect them to re-sign.

but as a leaf fan, if they do make it to free agency, no question, 7-7.5 each.

emackulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Deal starts with Stepan to get Anaheim interested
If we feel it's the right move to trade Perry because he won't sign here, he won't fetch an asset like Stepan. No point in getting our hopes up to that. We might be looking at a bit of a different design of return than the benchmarks of Kovalchuk/Hossa, but the Stepan's of the league won't be traded for an impending UFA. That's simply an unreasonable expectation.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
If we feel it's the right move to trade Perry because he won't sign here, he won't fetch an asset like Stepan. No point in getting our hopes up to that. We might be looking at a bit of a different design of return than the benchmarks of Kovalchuk/Hossa, but the Stepan's of the league won't be traded for an impending UFA. That's simply an unreasonable expectation.
I agree, but Murray will have leverage of retaining half of Perry's cap and in return acquiring better assets.

On Getzlaf, he's likely staying.

“Obviously I don’t have a time frame on it but we’d like to get something done if we can,” said the Ducks’ captain, who slumped to 11 goals and 57 points last season. “If both parties are wanting to do that, then it’ll get done.

“I like the direction of the team. Like I said, I’ve had several meetings with Bob and he’s made me aware of his plans and the way things are supposed to go down. There’s going to be minor adjustments to all of it. But I’d like to be a big part of it.”

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
I agree, but Murray will have leverage of retaining half of Perry's cap and in return acquiring better assets.
That's true. It's pretty difficult to project what kind of value to a trade that can add with no benchmarks available, whatsoever, but it will at least open up more options, which should lead to an increased market, which should see the market price rise to a degree. Given that our prospect pool is rather deep, I would expect us to look at a little fewer pieces (instead of even good additional picks, especially beyond this year), but there's little question that even then, there's most likely no point in asking for pieces like Stepan. There's just no evidence that would work for any team, and hoping or even rationalizing otherwise is setting oneself up for a second disappointment, if a first one in the form of Perry deciding to leave pushed us down that road.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I while back I proposed a 3-way trade with Toronto/Ananheim that had Perry going to Vancouver for Bozak(stopgap 2C), Kassian, Kadri(two solid forward prospects), and a 1st.

Does that tempt Ducks fans at all, if Perry were to leave?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I while back I proposed a 3-way trade with Toronto/Ananheim that had Perry going to Vancouver for Bozak(stopgap 2C), Kassian, Kadri(two solid forward prospects), and a 1st.

Does that tempt Ducks fans at all, if Perry were to leave?
Realistically, under that premise and assuming we're not looking great in the playoff race, yeah, I'd think that would be an offer that would get some consideration. Opinions will differ, like with all offers, based on subjective evaluations on the players involved, but objectively, that's quite some value. And in a sense, it addresses the Ducks' situation a little better than others, as Kassian and Kadri as the prospects involved are rather close to making an impact, which I'd assume would be of bigger interest to Murray.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:14 AM
416Leafer

If either of them hit the open market, I hope Nonis swings for the fences. Both are better than Kessel and both are physical players which Toronto desperately needs up front.

But I'm sure 30 teams will be offering up contracts, so there's no reason (beyond the loose Carlyle connection) to hope Toronto would be near the top of the list. Typically contenders or rising teams get these types of UFAs.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:48 AM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
I heard Getzlaf's holding out until the Ducks agree to cover his Bosley treatments
I'm gonna send this to Bobby on twitter, I always send him Getzy jokes haha.

But yeah Getzlaf will probably resign, Perry I think is 50-50 right now, but after Getz signs our chances will probably go up.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure it does. LOL.

Speaking of Getzlaf, anyone else notice he's sporting Bauer gear after being an Easton loyalist for many years?

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Unagi

Unless Bob Murray is unwilling to pay him more than 5 mill I am certain he will stay here. Perry I could see walking. Will be weird when Ryan is in his final year. Will he leave or can he then be persuaded to stay?

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:32 AM
High Glove

I'd personally prefer to shell out for Perry and let Getz go elsewhere. Perry is a consistent and reliable scorer. Getz goes through fits and spurts where he forgets how to shoot. I think his growth has ground to a halt.

High Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Glove View Post
I'd personally prefer to shell out for Perry and let Getz go elsewhere. Perry is a consistent and reliable scorer. Getz goes through fits and spurts where he forgets how to shoot. I think his growth has ground to a halt.
The agenda is to sign both. If one doesnt sign it is probably not a matter of money.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Unless Bob Murray is unwilling to pay him more than 5 mill I am certain he will stay here. Perry I could see walking. Will be weird when Ryan is in his final year. Will he leave or can he then be persuaded to stay?
I think it depends on how the situation with the coach/management goes. If he likes BB and BB is here during the time he signs a contract i could see him staying.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote