HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Deku
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vCash: 50
Hjalmarsson (is that how you spell it?) for Bishop would be awesome.

I wonder if Chicago fans would like that - I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for more.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Icelevel
Never Go Full Eugene

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndon Slewidge View Post
The only trade I really want to see would be goalie depth for a defensemen,

How about Bishop for Hjarmalsson?
i like that. Or bishop for another quality top 4 d. Even bishop+

(i'm not high on bishop, but he might have some good value)

Old
01-14-2013, 11:59 AM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Bishop+Da Costa for Leddy and a 6th I'd do in a heartbeat
I like Leddy a little, but find him kind of small 5'11"/176 listed I think. Karlsson has that covered.

Bishop has to bring us back a 1st or an elite prospect I think. He's NHL ready and better than almost everyone's No2.

Murray needs to wait until he sees where Anderson is before deciding who plays nets where I think. Lehner to Binghamton is the eay solution; but Robin will push I'm sure to make him blink.

Anderson, at the right time, wouold bring us a bigger return than Bishop I think.

I'm a fan though of keeping the stacked hand for a while at least. Took 20 years to get that depth; might as well see if for a year, even if it's a shortie.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Tuna99

What about Colten Tuebert in Edmonton - might be that big, tough RD we are looking for. Or is this Eryk Gryba already.

EDM: Bishop, Condra
OTT: Tuebert

Old
01-14-2013, 12:07 PM
BondraTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
What about Colten Tuebert in Edmonton - might be that big, tough RD we are looking for. Or is this Eryk Gryba already.

I wouldn't trade either of those guys alone for Teubert, let alone them both in a package. High pick, low results.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:09 PM
TeamRenzo

Quote:

I dont see the rush to get Bishop out of town. I realize we are a little thin on D but we should see what the kids can do before trading an asset. IMO opinion Bishop will be a #1 goalie in the NHL and trading him for a 4-6 dman seems silly.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:09 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

I'd do that deal, while I like Gryba, I think Teubert is the better player & may be the tougher player as well, while Gryba may have a tad more offence to his game. Teubert was with Team Canada in the WJC team for a yr or two. Trading Condra with Bishop would open up a roster spot for Stone on RW as well, I like that.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Tristqc

Trying to show interest in this thread cause I posted in the wrong one. So yeah, Hjalmarsson would be great!

Last edited by Tristqc: 01-14-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old
01-14-2013, 12:11 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
I like Leddy a little, but find him kind of small 5'11"/176 listed I think. Karlsson has that covered.

Bishop has to bring us back a 1st or an elite prospect I think. He's NHL ready and better than almost everyone's No2.

Murray needs to wait until he sees where Anderson is before deciding who plays nets where I think. Lehner to Binghamton is the easy solution; but Robin will push I'm sure to make him blink.

Anderson, at the right time, would bring us a bigger return than Bishop I think.

I'm a fan though of keeping the stacked hand for a while at least. Took 20 years to get that depth; might as well see if for a year, even if it's a shortie.
Are you sure Anderson would bring a higher return than Bishop?

So, we what are we going to do we are 3 goalies when only 1 can play?

Want to keep them around and unhappy for 20 years?

There's no way Bishop brings back a 1st or an elite prospect.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I'd do that deal, while I like Gryba, I think Teubert is the better player & may be the tougher player as well, while Gryba may have a tad more offence to his game. Teubert was with Team Canada in the WJC team for a yr or two. Trading Condra with Bishop would open up a roster spot for Stone on RW as well, I like that.
Stone and Zibby would good there, maybe even Noessen can do a 6 game tryout, he seems like Condra mold player until he can be big and strong enough to play the 2nd line RW spot.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:17 PM
playasRus

Isn't Teubert considered a bust by many?

Trading away Bishop now sounds like a bad idea. Then we're stuck calling Lehner up to sit on the bench during a 50 game season. Or we have to sign a ****** back up.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:19 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Stone and Zibby would good there, maybe even Noessen can do a 6 game tryout, he seems like Condra mold player until he can be big and strong enough to play the 2nd line RW spot.
I read in the paper this morning that neither junior player would get any games to start the season. I guess with only 48 games Maclean does not want to risk anything & will dress their best from the start.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:22 PM
General Granny*

Quote:
Umm are we talking about the same person here? Noesen already has the size to be a top 6 guy, I believe he is bigger than both Turris and Silfverberg, the issue with Noesen is that he still needs to refine his all around game, his skating, balance, quickness etc, he's only 19 and needs at least a year in Bingo. He is not no where in the same mold as Condra, he at least has the hands and isn't soft as butter.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:31 PM
guyzeur

What about David Savard in Columbus?

Old
01-14-2013, 12:33 PM
TheOriginalSilf*

Do NOT want Teubert. Terrible proposal. We're not the ones adding to Bishop if we get Teubert.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:35 PM
BK201

Quote:

I'm not seeing the value here. Condra is a movable asset, but moving out a goalie for this is actually quite crap IMO.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:40 PM
18Hossa
And Grace, Too

Condra + 5th for Teubert?

Old
01-14-2013, 12:40 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
What about David Savard in Columbus?
Much better option than Teubert, might be available with the logjam of defenseman on Columbus but one thing.

You aren't going to like what they ask for.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Do NOT want Teubert. Terrible proposal. We're not the ones adding to Bishop if we get Teubert.
Teubert has an upside to be a bottom pairing Dman and is a good tough player. Remember when Chara got here and he couldn't skate?
\
Tuebert has a lot of room to grow and he has 24 NHL games, it's not like he is a bust - he's still young and has lot's of upside, especially in a place like Ottawa were Maclean would just ask him to play solid in his end and beat people up who screw with your teammates - our D needs a guy like this since Carkner left

Old
01-14-2013, 12:47 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Much better option than Teubert, might be available with the logjam of defenseman on Columbus but one thing.

You aren't going to like what they ask for.
I've just posted a proposal: Bishop +

Old
01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
I've just posted a proposal: Bishop +
Columbus has already traded for Bobrovsky. Doubt they want Bishop. They need forward prospects more.

Valuewise, I still think Ottawa needs to add something decent, then again I am high on Savard.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Stylizer1
Strickly Butter Baby

vCash: 709
Quote:
This is the Heatley debate summed up - Heatley scores but does he help you win? There are players that do lot's of flashy things on the ice, Semin, Heatley, Gaborik, Kessel - but a lot of people think you do not win with these types of players.

I don't like soft 1 dimensional players, I think you are just looking at the stats line and overvaluing Kessel - Boston traded him away when he was about to break through so that must mean something - I think it means he doesn't help your team win. Patrice Bergeron is a winner, that's why you pay him and trade Kessel
I don't Kessel was thrilled to go to toronto at first. He doesn't seem like a big city type. The surroundings in Ottawa might make fit in better. When we had the Pizza line we were an unstoppable team. With a healthy Hasek we could have been a dynasty. The one thing Kessel has over Michalek is vision. he can setup line mates as much as he scores. Wouldn't mind having 1 all out offensive player. With Alfie nearing retirement and many pretty young players needing experience, having a player with that skill set would be a welcomed addition to sure up scoring.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:20 PM
BK201

Murray just said today its not looking good that we will find another Dman.

We will probably have to roll with 2 of the bsens at least.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:26 PM
General Granny*

Good, go with Weircioch and one of Benoit/Boro, some team will get desperate for a goalie mid season and will overpay for one of our guys, looking at you Chicago.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:27 PM
operasen

Quote:
Are you sure Anderson would bring a higher return than Bishop?

So, we what are we going to do we are 3 goalies when only 1 can play?

Want to keep them around and unhappy for 20 years?

There's no way Bishop brings back a 1st or an elite prospect.
Had to step away or I'd answer sooner.

I'm okay with moving one if the return is elite, not a stop-gap. That said, since this is a short year, let Murray take his time. The pressure to move one of these guys will mount for sure, but the demand will as well. If Lehner plays another 4 months in Binghamton because he's got the two-way, then he should do it knowing it'll get fixed in the off season. Maybe he ges another deep playoff run out of it as well. Bishop can't get that.

Closed Thread