HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Rundblad to Philadelphia

Old
01-14-2013, 12:28 AM
CaptainCally

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
Rundblad + Boedker + 2013 3rd for Giroux
Not even close.

Please accept this offer Flyers / Rangers fan

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Pretty much. Grossman is a solid player, decent top 4. On a contending team he'd be best used as a #5 with a lot of PK time etc. He's good enough for a top 4 role, but he's nowhere near top pairing.
"Top Pairing" has two different meaning though..

1. Being an all-star caliber Dman (Or something along those lines)
2. Being a guy who can compliment an all-star caliber Dman

Marc Methot is not a top pairing guy alone, but he allows Karlsson to be as good as he can be, then he becomes part of a top pairing.

Karlsson-Methot may very well be a top 5 pairing in the NHL this year. Yes, Karlsson-Weber would be better, but you don't need two top pairing individuals to have a top pairing is my point.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:46 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
As a flyers fan, I think the yotes get robbed and if I could get that return for Read I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong, Read is a very nice player who is very versatile and on a good contract but he's about at his peak in ability. Rundblad is going to be a solid #3 dman (ie - runs the 2nd pairing very well) or a low end #2. It's unlikely he ever becomes a true #1. That said, he still holds more value than Read. I doubt that Read and a first even gets it done. Rundblad compares to Coburn when we first got him. Never became the #1 dman he was expected to become when he was drafted but he is a very solid #2/#3.
I hope Rundblad is another Coburn. Because then we can trade a decrepit veteran defenseman for him. Lilja/Foster for Rundblad?

I think people are placing too much emphasis on where in the lineup a player is slotted. Just because you aren't in the top pairing does not mean you're not a top pairing guy, nor does the fact that you are on that pairing make you a top pairing defenseman. You play where you best compliment your teammates.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:26 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
As a flyers fan, I think the yotes get robbed and if I could get that return for Read I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong, Read is a very nice player who is very versatile and on a good contract but he's about at his peak in ability. Rundblad is going to be a solid #3 dman (ie - runs the 2nd pairing very well) or a low end #2. It's unlikely he ever becomes a true #1. That said, he still holds more value than Read. I doubt that Read and a first even gets it done. Rundblad compares to Coburn when we first got him. Never became the #1 dman he was expected to become when he was drafted but he is a very solid #2/#3.
don't see the Coburn comparison at all. Coburn is very good in his own end but doesn't have the offense to be considered a number one. that is the only thing holding him back imo. Rundblad on the other had is above average in the offensive zone but needs work in his own end of the ice. i see them as polar opposites, which is why i want him on the Flyers.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
don't see the Coburn comparison at all. Coburn is very good in his own end but doesn't have the offense to be considered a number one. that is the only thing holding him back imo. Rundblad on the other had is above average in the offensive zone but needs work in his own end of the ice. i see them as polar opposites, which is why i want him on the Flyers.
I do not understand the mancrush concerning Rundblad. If Homer is going to go after a defenseman and you are talking about moving some of our key players in return, I am sure he can do better than David. Now if it was for a low end prospect and a pick(not a 1st) I may be interested.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Haha, Philly's D is considered above Pittburgh's, Dallas', Minnesota's and Ottawa's?

*******, those polls are hilarious.
Because, as a whole... it simply is. You have to have something Personal against the Flyers to claim they're bottom 5, they obviously are middle of the pack, and i would EASILY take their defense over ottawa, minnesota and Dallas. I'd hesitate with PIT only because of Letang but after Letang Phillys D is soo much deeper.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Add in OEL and Yandle and it still doesn't get done. PHX doesn't have a package that would obtain Giroux.

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-14-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: not needed
Old
01-14-2013, 12:36 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I do not understand the mancrush concerning Rundblad. If Homer is going to go after a defenseman and you are talking about moving some of our key players in return, I am sure he can do better than David. Now if it was for a low end prospect and a pick(not a 1st) I may be interested.
Read and a pick is not key players. Read is extremely versatile but with the Flyers young group of high quality forwards Rundblad could potentially produce as many points as Read. I agree it's a lot to give up but thats the point and having watched Rundblad play a few times i think he's worth it. btw you're not getting a prospect of Rundblad's caliber with low end prospects and a 1st. you have to give to get.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 01-14-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old
01-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
Because, as a whole... it simply is. You have to have something Personal against the Flyers to claim they're bottom 5, they obviously are middle of the pack, and i would EASILY take their defense over ottawa, minnesota and Dallas. I'd hesitate with PIT only because of Letang but after Letang Phillys D is soo much deeper.
Yeah because Philly's ****fest is SO much better than Ottawa's, a team with the current Norris holder, or Minnesota, a team who just got the prime D UFA who is better than any D in Philadelphia and got a bunch of decent talent behind him.

Or Dallas, a team who's D is far from perfect but got some good assets and can actually play a competent defensive game.

Sorry, I'd take any of them above Philly's.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:05 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
I hope this is a joke because this is probably the worst proposal I've ever seen on HF.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:26 PM
goflyers1718

Quote:
Yeah because Philly's ****fest is SO much better than Ottawa's, a team with the current Norris holder, or Minnesota, a team who just got the prime D UFA who is better than any D in Philadelphia and got a bunch of decent talent behind him.

Or Dallas, a team who's D is far from perfect but got some good assets and can actually play a competent defensive game.

How could you possibly watch even a sliver of the Flyers-Pittsburgh series last year and claim that Pittsburgh's defense is better? Are you seriously that daft?

The Flyers' defense is middling. Not great, but not terrible. You obviously don't even have the slightest clue of what you're speaking.

goflyers1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:41 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyers1718 View Post
How could you possibly watch even a sliver of the Flyers-Pittsburgh series last year and claim that Pittsburgh's defense is better? Are you seriously that daft?

The Flyers' defense is middling. Not great, but not terrible. You obviously don't even have the slightest clue of what you're speaking.
Don't even bother, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
He's either trolling really hard or he thinks this is an NFL message board.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:35 PM
BK201

Quote:
My God yes! Rundblad's star has dropped big time. Murphy is a better prospect than David.
Who?

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Sasso09

Quote:

I'm sorry but you're not very knowledgable about hockey, Dallas quite possibly has the worst defensive unit in hockey... And 1 great defenseman ( Letang and Karlsson) doesn't make a unit better that has 5 legit top 4 capable defenseman. Timonen and Coburn are good #2's and are legit 1st pairing guys, then Mesz, Grossmann and possibly Schenn ( jury is out on him) are capable of 2nd pairing duties. In fact when Pronger was Healthy Philly was talked about as having the best defensive unit in the league. Losing 1 guy doesnt put you from the top to the bottom 5, I don't care how great Pronger is.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
I'm sorry but you're not very knowledgable about hockey, Dallas quite possibly has the worst defensive unit in hockey... And 1 great defenseman ( Letang and Karlsson) doesn't make a unit better that has 5 legit top 4 capable defenseman. Timonen and Coburn are good #2's and are legit 1st pairing guys, then Mesz, Grossmann and possibly Schenn ( jury is out on him) are capable of 2nd pairing duties. In fact when Pronger was Healthy Philly was talked about as having the best defensive unit in the league. Losing 1 guy doesnt put you from the top to the bottom 5, I don't care how great Pronger is.
While I don't necessarily agree with all of this I do agree with Dallas... how can anyone say they have a good defense? Trevor Daley, Goligoski and Stephane Robidas are the only NHL calibre defensemen on the team...

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
mercury

I would do Read and Lilja for Rundblad. Need to clear a contract on D.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Who?
Connor

Old
01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
This. I get that our team D had a down season last year, but add a #1 defenseman to this group and it becomes one of the best in the league. They aren't currently the best by any means. Not even top 10, but they are far from bottom 5 too. I'd put them at about 14-16, merely because we lack a true bonafide #1.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Read and a pick is not key players. Read is extremely versatile but with the Flyers young group of high quality forwards Rundblad could potentially produce as many points as Read. I agree it's a lot to give up but thats the point and having watched Rundblad play a few times i think he's worth it. btw you're not getting a prospect of Rundblad's caliber with low end prospects and a 1st. you have to give to get.
Well maybe your right because a prospect of Rundblad's caliber will be with his 4th NHL club when the next team trades for him.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:05 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Well maybe your right because a prospect of Rundblad's caliber will be with his 4th NHL club when the next team trades for him.
He was superfulous in Ottawa, and if he does indeed get traded from Phoenix, it will be because he doesn't fit the system. All indications from the coaching staff is that he has matured tremendously on and off the ice. That's really the only reason he is being brought up as trade bait. Had he continued to fade away, no one would be asking about him.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Kaibur

After Maloney's comments about his improvement, I get the sense Rundblad's going to make the team. Whether that's to showcase him or because he really has improved his D as much as his +/- in the AHL seems to indicate is the question. I think if he doesn't try to do to much in his limited 5 on 5 and then shows his stuff on the PP2, he can platoon with Schlemko to play the bottom pairing with Klesla.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Schenn +? You're kidding. Schenn is easily worth more than Rundblad.
Not on this planet.

Why does everyone try and downgrade the player they want to acquire? Be fair. It would cost the Flyers Schenn and a prospect. At least. We're talking about the same talent level for their respective positions. Defensemen are just worth more. Always have been. Unless you're an elite offensive guy, you're not worth as much as a like talented D....

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Not on this planet.

Why does everyone try and downgrade the player they want to acquire? Be fair. It would cost the Flyers Schenn and a prospect. At least. We're talking about the same talent level for their respective positions. Defensemen are just worth more. Always have been. Unless you're an elite offensive guy, you're not worth as much as a like talented D....
I would give Rundblad and a 2nd for Schenn, at least. I might even throw in another decent prospect or depth type d-man.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:52 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not on this planet.

You are not even close with that assessment

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:30 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
I guess the number of organizations your part of before reaching NHL is an indication of a players value/potential. No other factors could be involved.

Quote:
Not on this planet.

This just made me laugh. utter nonsense