HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The whole Mike Comrie thing...

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 12:11 PM
MattNJD

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MattNJD
The whole Mike Comrie thing...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...74&hubName=nhl

Thats the latest, and I'm just wondering what everyone here thinks of it. I'll go first, since I'm am starting the thread . Ok, first off, I think that Anaheim is paying a lot on the deal, giving up first-round draft pick, junior winger Corey Perry of the London Knights, and a first rounder in 2004. That seems a little expensive for Mike Comrie, as good as he is. Second, I like the whole thing that the Oilers are trying to get him to pay the $2.5 million. I think its good for the game. Its a way to make sure that young players can't control where they go, that makes fans more intimate with their young starts and builds fan base. I say good job Oilers and I encourage other GM's to play similar games with players who hold out and bad mouth their teams. Any Thoughts?

Old
12-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattNJD
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...74&hubName=nhl

Thats the latest, and I'm just wondering what everyone here thinks of it. I'll go first, since I'm am starting the thread . Ok, first off, I think that Anaheim is paying a lot on the deal, giving up first-round draft pick, junior winger Corey Perry of the London Knights, and a first rounder in 2004. That seems a little expensive for Mike Comrie, as good as he is. Second, I like the whole thing that the Oilers are trying to get him to pay the $2.5 million. I think its good for the game. Its a way to make sure that young players can't control where they go, that makes fans more intimate with their young starts and builds fan base. I say good job Oilers and I encourage other GM's to play similar games with players who hold out and bad mouth their teams. Any Thoughts?
I think Comrie's agent was looking into the legalities of the Oilers latest roadblock that will all in all likelihood keep him as a spectator all season long. Lowe is playing some serious hardball with him same as Mike O'Connell did with Bryan Berard after he won his arbitration case. As a fan, I want to see Comrie playing for some team, any team this season even if its not the Devils. I understand the need to reinforce the notion that you can't have young players all demanding how they should be dealt and to which teams etc... but wish the whole thing was resolved by now and I wish even more that Lou could work out a deal with Edmonton to help shore up our position at center.

Closed Thread