HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jets have inquired Leafs about James Van Reimsdyk

Old
01-14-2013, 12:40 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
No.

Bogo stays here.

Think more along these lines...
Burmistrov + Chicago's 2013 3rd round pick for JVR

Deal?

Bozak + 2013 2nd round pick for Kane

Deal?

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
waitin425

vCash: 500
This makes no sense. But for fun.....

JVR and liles

for

Kane

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I can't imagine there being anything truthful to this rumour. The Leafs just acquired him... unless Burke has already been judged for that deal before JVR has even laced his skates up... which would be insane...
It does say that the Jets inquired the Leafs. Probably just kicking the tires. Nothing will come of it.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
almostawake

If the Jets inquired, a deal around Burmistrov was probably what they had in mind.

Doesn't mean the Leafs have any interest in something like that. But it's not a crazy move by Chevy if he thinks JVR was a player that Nonis and Burke disagreed on.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
huge*

Send a message via MSN to huge* Send a message via Skype™ to huge*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Lou makes the Leafs a playoff contender.

JVR can help make the Leafs a SC contender down the line, and contribute for much longer.

No reason to rush to get a goalie, we should be building slowly, acquiring pieces of similar age who can compete together for a long time. Not just doing a mish-mash of anybody who's available. That's how you end up spinning your tires in the longrun.
Not without Lou lol

huge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:46 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
I was listening to TSN radio this morning, and I heard one of the insiders state that trade market is pretty quiet right now because GMs are exploring multiple situations.

And after a couple of minutes, I heard them saying they have heard from 2 sources that Jets are very interested in JVR of the Leafs and they have inquired about him quite a few times the last couple of days.

If true, I wonder what Jets could have offered for him, Scheifele? Burmistrov?
I would expect alot of if not all GM's to be calling Nonis and inquire about alot of the players on the team. when a new GM comes in usually he will have players he's not a fan of and wouldn't mind moving where other teams would covet that type of player. so really if any GM hasn't already called Nonis and had a conversation with him about what direction he's taking the team, who might be available and what there looking for in return imo that GM is not doing his job. so there's really nothing to see here at this point.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
If the Jets inquired, a deal around Burmistrov was probably what they had in mind.

Doesn't mean the Leafs have any interest in something like that. But it's not a crazy move by Chevy if he thinks JVR was a player that Nonis and Burke disagreed on.
Exactly. Burmistrov is the one the Jets are most likely looking to move. Leaf fans are free to ask for Kane all they wish but Burmistrov is the piece the Jets are most probable to move - to open space in the lineup for Scheifele. The Jets have a wealth of picks in this coming draft. Burmi + a 2nd or 3rd or a combo of the two is a potential offer.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Exactly. Burmistrov is the one the Jets are most likely looking to move. Leaf fans are free to ask for Kane all they wish but Burmistrov is the piece the Jets are most probable to move - to open space in the lineup for Scheifele. The Jets have a wealth of picks in this coming draft. Burmi + a 2nd or 3rd or a combo of the two is a potential offer.
If its only Burmistrov on the table then Leafs are better off keeping JVR.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
If its only Burmistrov on the table then Leafs are better off keeping JVR.
Oh well, this is probably much ado about nothing then as others have stated; not good partners possibly. Scheifele was reportedly the best player at Jets camp yesterday. Many on our board think he'll be sent back to junior once again but I suspect they are ready for him now and are trying to make that a reality by freeing up a roster spot. Getting bigger on the wing by adding JVR into the mix wouldn't hurt as well.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:55 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge View Post
Not without Lou lol
Haha I said "down the line", not in the next few years obviously.

I just think management should look to build a team that can compete for a decade or more, not hinge all our hopes on Lou and his time-frame. We'd be forced to try and fill all the other holes on the roster within Lou's timeframe of ~4-5 years, and to do so would likely mean trading away even more prospects/picks. In what I would consider a vain attempt to try and upgrade the roster while Lou was still good, and then we'd just end up with a completely depleted farm system, an old Lou with his cap hit, etc.

Better to just wait, and add pieces that can be here for 10+ years without giving up your other pieces that can be here for 10+ years.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
Do you remember Kris Versteeg ? he was traded after a couple months with the team.
Anything is possible.
but he played before he was traded

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
I like what we have in JVR. Don't see him being traded unless it's for a massive over payment.
This. Evander Kane (the overpayment, imo) or nothing the Jets have.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:56 PM
SayWhatAgain

Quote:
How would you know who the Jets are looking to move......are you involved in the Jets front office? have you talked with Cheveldayoff??

SayWhatAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Oh well, this is probably much ado about nothing then as others have stated; not good partners possibly. Scheifele was reportedly the best player at Jets camp yesterday. Many on our board think he'll be sent back to junior once again but I suspect they are ready for him now and are trying to make that a reality by freeing up a roster spot. Getting bigger on the left side with JVR wouldn't hurt as well.
You're right both teams are in rebuilding process with holes to fill and cannot afford to lose young players unless the players been traded are of equal value.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain View Post
How would you know who the Jets are looking to move......are you involved in the Jets front office? have you talked with Cheveldayoff??
No, am speculating. Burmistrov seems the most likely to move. Something else may happen surely, but as others have said, Burmi represents our most probable current trade chip. The Jets are currently building via the draft and will need to make space for a graduating prospect or two in the coming years; Scheifele, and then Trouba, & Lowry down the road.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Would be surprised to see JVR go with out playing a single game.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:13 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
What has Burmistrov done in the NHL to warrant a JVR-like value?
I guess we could also reverse the names

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:14 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post

Bozak + 2013 2nd round pick for Kane

Deal?
That's actually a pretty good return for the Jets.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
That's actually a pretty good return for the Jets.
I hope to god my sarcasm detector is broken.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Chungo

This thread leads me to two conclussions:

1) There are a lot of leaks when it comes to the upper managment in Winnipeg.

2) It is very easy to find Leaf haters by setting up unrealistic rumor scenarios.

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

Ignoring that the trade obviously shouldn't happen but looking directly the individual player values and not the team needs.

JVR is 2 years older, played on a much better team, and has not looked convincing as a top 6 forward.

On a site that values potential so much and proven results secondarily, I think that Burmistrov has almost equal potential to JVR.

Straight up value, I agree JVR > L.Schenn and wouldn't have made that trade straight up... But Evander Kane for JVR? Really?

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:20 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
This thread leads me to two conclussions:

1) There are a lot of leaks when it comes to the upper managment in Winnipeg.

2) It is very easy to find Leaf haters by setting up unrealistic rumor scenarios.
Trust our hockey insider, Gary Lawless, to do that. Not saying that it comes from him all the time, but as the official mouthpiece of the Jets, his columns carry more weight than they should.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Trust our hockey insider, Gary Lawless, to do that. Not saying that it comes from him all the time, but as the official mouthpiece of the Jets, his columns carry more weight than they should.
I thought this came from TSN? Was it Lawless? Not a fan of Lawless either but this could just have easily been leaked initially by Toronto, perhaps even by Burke.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Guy Boucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
Straight up value, I agree JVR > L.Schenn and wouldn't have made that trade straight up... But Evander Kane for JVR? Really?
The logic would be that "off-ice" issues would force them to trade Kane, so they would have to intrinsically accept a lower value for him.

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Id do JVR for Kane, thats about it. Something would have to be wrong with the relationship Kane has with ownership in Winnie for that to happen. But I'd do it because Kane fits that compete level and fight ability more than JVR.
Not to mention Kane is a much better player.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote