HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
  #1
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 14,359
vCash: 500
Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

I'm going to give this drama another shot in the hopes of keeping Vis news out of other threads.


Notice: The crap fest that went on in Part II will not occur here!!

__________________
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:32 PM
  #2
doublechili
Registered User
 
doublechili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,435
vCash: 600
From IPB today:

Itís not 10AM yet, but it appears we know where in the world Visnovsky is:

Roman Jedlicka@jedli

#Isles D Lubo Visnovsky is on his way - not to NHL - but to Prague to play tmrw for Slovan Bratislava in KHL. Yes, he is on the bus. Crazy!

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
  #3
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,233
vCash: 612
Already posted in the thread at the main board but expect the Isles/NHL to file a complaint to the IIHF according to sections 5.3 and 5.4 found in this: http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_u...egulations.pdf

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
  #4
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,677
vCash: 500
Vis wasn't at training camp when it opened. He's on a bus with his KHL team, telling the press that he'll talk to the NYI about letting him stay. Is he kidding? He's reportedly had about 3 conversations with Snow and 1 with Weight.

What part of their previous NO, can't he understand?

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday
Arthur Staple‏@StapeNewsday
And #Isles will not be granting Visnovsky consent to play in KHL.


2hArthur Staple‏@StapeNewsday
NHL's Bill Daly via email: "(Visnovsky) will not be allowed to play in the KHL without the #Isles consent."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
https://twitter.com/jedli?tw_i=29080...w_p=tweetembed

Roman Jedlicka‏@jedli
@d_sc @TSNBobMcKenzie agree. If Medvedev lets go Kovalchuk he will not risk with Visnovsky.



4hRoman Jedlicka‏@jedli
@kuklaskorner Yes, this what i write all my last tweets. I completely dont understand what Visnovsky thinks. He cant win this battle.



4hRoman Jedlicka‏@jedli
This is the pic of #Isles Visnovsky on the bus. Credit goes to facebook page of HC SLOVAN Bratislava, his current team. pic.twitter.com/Yh1eDfMs

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
  #5
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,576
vCash: 500
So tomorrow is D day essentially. Either the KHL allows him to play and opens up a whole can of worms or they don't and we get Vis. This will be fun.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
  #6
Wedregast
Registered User
 
Wedregast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
From IPB today:

Itís not 10AM yet, but it appears we know where in the world Visnovsky is:

Roman Jedlicka@jedli

#Isles D Lubo Visnovsky is on his way - not to NHL - but to Prague to play tmrw for Slovan Bratislava in KHL. Yes, he is on the bus. Crazy!
I hope when he gets to Prague, he is told to go board a plane and go back to finish out the 48 game season with the Islanders.

Will be interesting to see how this develops. But it sucks to be on our end, at the moment, in this situation.

Wedregast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:44 PM
  #7
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
So tomorrow is D day essentially. Either the KHL allows him to play and opens up a whole can of worms or they don't and we get Vis. This will be fun.
Pretty much this. If he plays tomorrow in the game, then things will get interesting. Until then, it's not worth the aggravation IMO.

He could retire though, but then he wouldn't be able to play for Bratislava which is why he's pulling this stunt in the first place.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
  #8
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,677
vCash: 500
I wonder how many NYI players, feel the same as Martin?

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...4443120&part=0

There's a little frustration brewing in the locker room about Visnovsky's refusal to report, which his agent says does not stem from a problem with the Islanders or Long Island.

"It bothers us, because the guys on this team love it here and guys who get traded or sign here end up loving it too," Matt Martin said. "This is just hanging around the team when we need to be totally focused and ready for a quick start to the season."

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:58 PM
  #9
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 13,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I wonder how many NYI players, feel the same as Martin?

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...4443120&part=0

There's a little frustration brewing in the locker room about Visnovsky's refusal to report, which his agent says does not stem from a problem with the Islanders or Long Island.

"It bothers us, because the guys on this team love it here and guys who get traded or sign here end up loving it too," Matt Martin said. "This is just hanging around the team when we need to be totally focused and ready for a quick start to the season."
This is why I love Matty Marts...Keep it real.....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:06 PM
  #10
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,233
vCash: 612
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=760

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:14 PM
  #11
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Hopefully we'll pick up Thomas Hickey on waivers. In a way it'll make up for the 2nd round pick.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
  #12
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 13,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Hopefully we'll pick up Thomas Hickey on waivers. In a way it'll make up for the 2nd round pick.
Streit-Martinek
Amac-Hammer
Hickey-Carkner

Finley for pens,rags, and flyers

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:30 PM
  #13
Groin Of Bates
Registered User
 
Groin Of Bates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Streit-Martinek
Amac-Hammer
Hickey-Carkner

Finley for pens,rags, and flyers
And with the 3rd overall pick, the New York Islanders select....

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:30 PM
  #14
TheIslesFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Hopefully we'll pick up Thomas Hickey on waivers. In a way it'll make up for the 2nd round pick.
Is Hickey a bust? He was 4th overall in 2007?

TheIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:31 PM
  #15
TheIslesFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Of Bates View Post
And with the 3rd overall pick, the New York Islanders select....
Naturally we lose the Jones/Mackinnon sweepstakes

TheIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:34 PM
  #16
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Streit-Martinek
Amac-Hammer
Hickey-Carkner

Finley for pens,rags, and flyers
Plus to protect JT. People forget that Finley lost a year to injury early on and has been a plus player in the AHL.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:37 PM
  #17
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic707 View Post
Is Hickey a bust? He was 4th overall in 2007?
Similar to DeHaan with early injuries but he's been pretty healthy the last 2 years so he may develop. Problem is Edmonton may select him.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:41 PM
  #18
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
Let's get back on topic folks. This is about Visnovsky and not about Thomas Hickey.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
  #19
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Sorry won't post anymore.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
  #20
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh
 
Mr Wentworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,912
vCash: 500
Endgame?

So, is the KHL making a move to take on the NHL here?
Is LV just a pawn?
Is Faterson just LV's posting name?
Where is the KHL attempting to go with this? To find a loophole(s) in the CBA or transfer agreement or wherever to exploit in an attempt to find a way to bring players over to the KHL?

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:10 PM
  #21
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,276
vCash: 500
I like the guy as a player. However if is heart is not into it why would we want him ?

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:18 PM
  #22
Wanderson
Registered User
 
Wanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I like the guy as a player. However if is heart is not into it why would we want him ?
Because we traded our 2nd round pick to get him..... and I want that pick back.

Wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:22 PM
  #23
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
Endgame?

So, is the KHL making a move to take on the NHL here?
Is LV just a pawn?
Is Faterson just LV's posting name?
Where is the KHL attempting to go with this? To find a loophole(s) in the CBA or transfer agreement or wherever to exploit in an attempt to find a way to bring players over to the KHL?
Lubo isnt worth it to the KHL. He's not the caliber of player for it to be worth it for them to stick their necks out on the line. It's high risk and little reward.

If this was Kovalchuk, yeah maybe then you go to bat against the NHL for a young Russian superstar, but to go to war with the dominant hockey league on the planet for a 36 year old Slovak defenseman? Sorry, not buying it. Medvedev can't be that stupid.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:22 PM
  #24
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal
 
Hershey Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
The more this situation unravels the more it's really starting to look like something much bigger than the Islanders vs. Visnovsky. I think those who have said this could be the start of a KHL-NHL war are exactly right.

This is like the Cuban Missile Crisis of professional hockey. The next step the KHL takes in handling the situation, either telling Visnovsky he must leave or allowing him to stay and continue playing, will avert a serious conflict or open a huge can of worms that will set an ugly precedent for the future in these situations.

Needless to say, tomorrow is a huge day in determining how this turns out.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:38 PM
  #25
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Lubo isnt worth it to the KHL. He's not the caliber of player for it to be worth it for them to stick their necks out on the line. It's high risk and little reward.

If this was Kovalchuk, yeah maybe then you go to bat against the NHL for a young Russian superstar, but to go to war with the dominant hockey league on the planet for a 36 year old Slovak defenseman? Sorry, not buying it. Medvedev can't be that stupid.
which one? Zdeno Chara?

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.