HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Holders

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 06:00 PM
  #76
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main
 
indigobuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Winnipeg MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,801
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoowaa View Post
Searched and found no thread related to Jets season ticket holders and their intentions when the lockout is lifted.

I have one full seat in section 321 - great seat with TV like sight-lines.

Regardless, of what happens now with NHL/NHLPA in terms of this season, I will not be attending 2012-13 regular season NHL games this season - both sides can officially kiss my posterior due to the consideration fans received from both entities in this process.

I intend to put up the lot of as a package the minute the schedule is announced for face value on Kijiji. If they make the playoffs, Ill consider attending those games as it will be on my own terms at that time.

What are your intentions ?
This is exactly what I would say with the same/similar seats, hoping that people with better seats than me decided to opt out and I got better seats as a result.

Hope some people are that gullible. I have section 115 seats and would love to get closer to the benches.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:13 PM
  #77
sting13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadecade View Post
In light of this email I logged into my Jets account and was poking around... I clicked on the Seat Exchange link from my Jets account homepage and there's a game in there!

It says:
"Fri, January 18, 2013
8:00 PM Colorado Avalanche"

Is this a possible new home opener? Perhaps the whole NJ game on Sat afternoon is not the home opener. 50 Game season maybe? Or it could just be a placeholder. Anyway, it's a fun little glitch.
I would say it's a glitch or place holder as the Jets are expected to only play
Eastern conference teams.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:23 PM
  #78
dhfromkw
Registered User
 
dhfromkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
as i recall that was the problem we faced, was hoping maybe we had missed something. id love printable tickets to be possible.
I imagine the Jets had some input on this. The problem with printable tickets, and take this for what it's worth, is that it makes it too easy to sell on Stubhub or other ticket sites afterward. All you have to do is upload the PDF file and set your price. This is an issue the Jets want to minimize.

If you can only have hard copy tickets, it makes it harder to sell on secondary sites since most people aren't willing to pay the expensive FedEx shipping cost on top of the inflated price.

dhfromkw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:27 PM
  #79
Gungagalunga
Registered User
 
Gungagalunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Under a rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoowaa View Post
Searched and found no thread related to Jets season ticket holders and their intentions when the lockout is lifted.

I have one full seat in section 321 - great seat with TV like sight-lines.

Regardless, of what happens now with NHL/NHLPA in terms of this season, I will not be attending 2012-13 regular season NHL games this season - both sides can officially kiss my posterior due to the consideration fans received from both entities in this process.

I intend to put up the lot of as a package the minute the schedule is announced for face value on Kijiji. If they make the playoffs, Ill consider attending those games as it will be on my own terms at that time.

What are your intentions ?
There's a minimum of 8,000 people that will scoop up your tickets faster than you can drop a puck.

Myself........my tickets will stay with me until death at which point, they will be passed on to family through estate.

As painful as this whole thing was, it was a process just like any other union/management relationship. Unfortunately for us, they are our "heroes" or "idols". We look at the ridiculous amounts of money they both bring in, but forget the pure fundamentals of bargaining unit matters. Was I frustrated? Damn right I was, but not now. Time to forget all that crap, and move on to Jets hockey baby!

Gungagalunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
  #80
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌
 
Mathil8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 599
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhfromkw View Post
I imagine the Jets had some input on this. The problem with printable tickets, and take this for what it's worth, is that it makes it too easy to sell on Stubhub or other ticket sites afterward. All you have to do is upload the PDF file and set your price. This is an issue the Jets want to minimize.

If you can only have hard copy tickets, it makes it harder to sell on secondary sites since most people aren't willing to pay the expensive FedEx shipping cost on top of the inflated price.
Is that for just individual game tickets? I have a friend who was a STH (who coincidentally moved, and they are now mine ) from which I bought multiple games off last season, and all of the tickets I bought were emailed to me and printed at a charge of $1.50 IIRC.

Mathil8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:35 PM
  #81
dhfromkw
Registered User
 
dhfromkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathil8 View Post
Is that for just individual game tickets? I have a friend who was a STH (who coincidentally moved, and they are now mine ) from which I bought multiple games off last season, and all of the tickets I bought were emailed to me and printed at a charge of $1.50 IIRC.
Yep, just individual game tickets off Ticketmaster. As a season ticket holder you have the option to e-transfer your tickets to friends, family, or whoever for a small fee, like you said.

If you wish to sell, of course the Jets encourage you to use their SeatExchange service instead of secondary websites. In my experience, the SeatExchange website works wonderfully for buyers when tickets are actually put up for sale. Unfortunately, it will take some time to catch on, as last season less than 50 tickets per game were sold through SeatExchange, as per Jets PR guy Scott Brown.

dhfromkw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
  #82
OmarComin
Registered User
 
OmarComin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 97
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Hmmm...well, say Jets fans reduce concession spending and TNSE takes in (pro-rated) $1,000,000 less in HRR on concessions this year. That's $500,000 less in profit to TNSE. Overall, league HRR drops by $1,000,000. So $500,000 that would've been paid to (all) players is now clawed back through escrow - about $650 per player.

But disproportionately, a concession boycott hurts the local team...
This makes alot of sense. If I'm not going to abandon the game completely, it just hurts the local team and subsequently the NHL, which although I am upset with, needs to thrive for the overall health of the game. So once my anger towards Bettman and the NHL subsides (which will be before puck drop), Ill be back to enjoying my game day experiences. Thanks for the nudge...

OmarComin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:06 AM
  #83
tbsol
Registered User
 
tbsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsol View Post
Good question.. I hope they have physical tickets and not a swipe card that was talked about last year...
Confirmed.. The Jets are switching over to a season ticket holder card instead of tickets in 2013.

http://jets.nhl.com/v2/ext/files/MJA-User-Guide.pdf

tbsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:30 AM
  #84
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,872
vCash: 50
I'm fine with that. I like physical tickets but a card makes sense to me.
I attend most games so ticket forwarding isn't an issue for me.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:45 AM
  #85
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: All over Canada
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Carey Commit
Man that's annoying.

Carey Commit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:48 AM
  #86
KingSalamon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Interesting, sounds like Seat Exchange will give me more than what I paid for the ticket this year. They are also applying a charge for selling the ticket though but from the sounds of it, I can sell some tickets worry free and get more than I paid for them! Win-win... well unless I misread that part of the season ticket holder guide. (It is Monday morning after all.)

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
  #87
Gm0ney
Way down in the hole
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsol View Post
Confirmed.. The Jets are switching over to a season ticket holder card instead of tickets in 2013.

http://jets.nhl.com/v2/ext/files/MJA-User-Guide.pdf
I see the forwarding fee of $2.50 per ticket is being "waived for the 2012-2013 season". If they reinstate those fees next year, it will cost my group $175/season to electronically distribute tickets. I estimate TNSE would rake in an extra $1.4 million+ each season from e-ticket fees - and save themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars in ticket booklet printing fees. Thank you, fans!

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
  #88
Soble
Registered User
 
Soble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
ADMINISTRATION FEES
With the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Ticket Forwarding administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived for the 2012-13 season.
For those splitting their season tickets with multiple partners, Forwarding tickets is the recommended way to distribute tickets as those receiving the tickets will be granted Forwarding and Reprinting privileges through their own My Jets Account profile.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
  #89
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,849
vCash: 50
I have no ill will towards either side. It's just business. Attending games is a luxury-form of entertainment to me; a form of excess. My livelihood doesn't depend on it. If I was a STH I'd be much more annoyed, sure. But I'd also have the ability to get a refund.

I'm no more angry about the season being delayed than say, if a eagerly-awaited book, movie, concert, video-game, electronic gadget, or whatever else I would use my expendable income on is delayed. It's a luxury; to me there are other things I'd rather spend my anger on - you gotta pick and choose your emotional battles or else it's exhausting.

So I attend games when I can and am entertained by them. It's a shame this season was delayed because of issues with the business, but oh well.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
  #90
Soble
Registered User
 
Soble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
I see the forwarding fee of $2.50 per ticket is being "waived for the 2012-2013 season". If they reinstate those fees next year, it will cost my group $175/season to electronically distribute tickets. I estimate TNSE would rake in an extra $1.4 million+ each season from e-ticket fees - and save themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars in ticket booklet printing fees. Thank you, fans!
Incorrect. You can print out any/all tickets on your computer at home and physically give them out at your draft or later on. For free. Only forwarding by email costs money starting next year. I'm sure you could scan/fax/email as long as teh barcode shows up ok. Maybe even 'print' to a pdf file then email through normal channels (I'll leave it to the techie's to figure that out).

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:21 PM
  #91
Gm0ney
Way down in the hole
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
Incorrect. You can print out any/all tickets on your computer at home and physically give them out at your draft or later on. For free. Only forwarding by email costs money starting next year. I'm sure you could scan/fax/email as long as teh barcode shows up ok. Maybe even 'print' to a pdf file then email through normal channels (I'll leave it to the techie's to figure that out).
Will that be true going forward? On page 6 of the guide "Reprinting Your Tickets" the first paragraph says:

"You can print any game ticket online via My Jets Account at no additional cost. Similar to Ticket Forwarding, Reprinting your tickets generates a paper TicketFast ticket that you can print from your home or office and bring to the game."

But then under Step 6 it says:

"With the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Reprint ticket administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived for the 2012-13 season."

There's that disclaimer again. From my past dealings with the Birchwood auto group, I'm aware of the Chipman family's affinity for "administration fees". Will I be getting pro-rated tire road hazard insurance with this $2.50 fee at least???

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:46 PM
  #92
buggs
A storm is coming...
 
buggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: no beavers here
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
I see the forwarding fee of $2.50 per ticket is being "waived for the 2012-2013 season". If they reinstate those fees next year, it will cost my group $175/season to electronically distribute tickets. I estimate TNSE would rake in an extra $1.4 million+ each season from e-ticket fees - and save themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars in ticket booklet printing fees. Thank you, fans!
Isn't this the equivalent of a ticket price increase? Doesn't that exceed the 3% in the contract?

This sucks IMO. I like the hard tickets and had plans to frame them up each year for the games I attended. Framing up a swipe card?

buggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:55 PM
  #93
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/
 
Jet Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 780
vCash: 500
A swipe card is just one of those techie advances that is incredibly unnecessary.

Jet Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:03 PM
  #94
KingSalamon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
As I plan on selling some of my tickets, I find it a bit annoying. I liked giving actual tickets to buyers last year. Makes selling a bit weird if you are giving them a piece of paper.

Now for going to games, I think it will be great! My concern is, will this be a piece of paper (like a bus pass) or will be be plastic like a driver's license or credit card? If paper, not so good as it will become a mess by game 15 or so... plastic would be preferred. Anyone know about this yet?

Can't wait to go to the game on Saturday! One of the few (and perhaps only Saturday afternoon game I will be going to this season!)

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:17 PM
  #95
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,351
vCash: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
As I plan on selling some of my tickets, I find it a bit annoying. I liked giving actual tickets to buyers last year. Makes selling a bit weird if you are giving them a piece of paper.

Now for going to games, I think it will be great! My concern is, will this be a piece of paper (like a bus pass) or will be be plastic like a driver's license or credit card? If paper, not so good as it will become a mess by game 15 or so... plastic would be preferred. Anyone know about this yet?

Can't wait to go to the game on Saturday! One of the few (and perhaps only Saturday afternoon game I will be going to this season!)
It's plastic. Feels fairly sturdy. But bleh, I was hoping for something like last year again.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:20 PM
  #96
KingSalamon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
It's plastic. Feels fairly sturdy. But bleh, I was hoping for something like last year again.
Well... in that case I will take the good (plastic) over the bad (paper).

Regardless... time for a Go Jets Go!!

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:23 PM
  #97
buggs
A storm is coming...
 
buggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: no beavers here
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 382
Really think they should have allowed for the option of hard tickets, by choice and at a fee. Charge an amount per ticket, $1 or $2 and then allow the STH to choose. Cover their printing costs where necessary.

Not quite sure if I'm reading the information right, but for next year it looks like I'll be paying $2.50 per seat to print the tickets out. In our season ticket group that's 35 games x two seats so 70 tickets at $2.50 a pop. TNSE gets an additional $175 by doing this? Boo.

I'd ask where my price reduction in ticket prices is by not sending me a printed set of tickets but I know the answer to that already.

Bah, this annoys me (apparently enough to post twice within an hour to say so)

And for what it's worth, the Jets STH site is completely bogged down at the moment and I can't even login. I assume many are trying to print their tickets at the moment. I'd be doing the same given our draft is tonight too.

buggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:39 PM
  #98
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 50
I still don't get why next year I will have to pay $2.50 per ticket to print them myself at home? I sure hope they rethink this idea as it is not a very customer friendly thing to do IMHO....they only say it will be free to do this year but they know many ST holders are part of a group so the cards are not an option for most/many.....

SCP Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:48 PM
  #99
pong0814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Really think they should have allowed for the option of hard tickets, by choice and at a fee. Charge an amount per ticket, $1 or $2 and then allow the STH to choose. Cover their printing costs where necessary.
It's actually in the FAQ section at the back of the Season Ticket Card user guide. Cost is $100 per seat if you want your season tickets in ticket stock.

pong0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:50 PM
  #100
tbsol
Registered User
 
tbsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
teaser...





tbsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.